Michelin Alpin Time Trial Challenge Offers VIP Trip to the GT World Series Finals

• Thread starter Famine
  • 81 comments
Alien battle in the snow. Gulp....

1000000787.jpg

Alien battle in the snow. Gulp....

View attachment 1398911

i just obliterated my best lap ever on this track , 1.40.8 still a second away from gold lmao
1000000802.jpg

These aliens... they could easily travel through the entire galaxy with their spaceships, but instead they seem much more focused in the city of Amsterdam, go figure 🤷‍♂️🤔

i just obliterated my best lap ever on this track , 1.40.8 still a second away from gold lmao
+3,03% right now, I wanna cry, I literally don't know what I'm doing wrong to be so slow. It's very frustrating, and maybe they improve even more, just 2 days pass since the start, so in 12 more days maybe is a lot worse.

Pffff.. finally after a gazillion invalidated laps and forgetting to take T1 I had a descent lap, not realy happy with last corner but I did break into the 38's , absolutely more on the table but I think there isn't one previous TT were I was so inconsistent,
One lap feels descent but is a second slower and another lap can feel 'meh' and is 39 flat ....this one did feel quite good 🤣

1000026720.jpg

Ill upload replay and lap later, but for now.... I gotta run for my little fishing trip 😁🤣

Have fun out there 😁

but I think there isn't one previous TT were I was so inconsistent
Well done, that's a fantastic time. I agree with the inconsistency. I had a session yesterday and early on somehow managed to do two valid laps in a row, not great times, but within 0.2 sec of each other. I thought, great, I've figured out how to do this. Then, because I have the lap-time and delta taped over and so don't see splits, I flicked the HUD to splits... In the second lap I was over a second slower in one section, 0.5 quicker in another, and 0.5 slower in the last! :lol:

So I don't even look at splits; I just cannot control the car enough to be consistent. I just drive and hope to improve overall. In gold at the moment, but at 2.91%.
Maybe this can help you.

Excellent video, thank you for sharing it. In the current TT, do you also short-shift out of the hairpin? There are a couple of corners (hairpin and last one), where I've toyed with shifting up to 4th quite early, but still not sure which is better. My best time has come from staying in 3rd, following the example of what yesterday was the top time with a replay available.

Excellent video, thank you for sharing it. In the current TT, do you also short-shift out of the hairpin? There are a couple of corners (hairpin and last one), where I've toyed with shifting up to 4th quite early, but still not sure which is better. My best time has come from staying in 3rd, following the example of what yesterday was the top time with a replay available.
I stay in third until rev display reach end and then shift. I do try to save myself on last corner and shift much earlier only if I see that I will hit the wall 😅

Edit. About inconsistency, better not to say that still have almost half a sec in deltas but we all know how it is, when first sector is 29 flat then I ruin it later on 😅

Last edited:
Maybe the problem is using dualsense sticks, but all my life I play with that, and with steering motion I don't think I'll be able to be competitive, at least no in short time.

I trying to use a bit of counter steering assistance, but still not able to get consistenly better than 30,30,40 seconds in each sector, I'm only at 0,02% of gold, but seems inpossible haha.

The rally pyshics in this game seems rng at times, so many uncontrollable variables to get constant.

First S1 is my best ever, but only the last S3 was good, and S2 is my weakness, I never been able to get less than 30s.

Edit: Finally a good S1 and S3 sectors without a extremly bad S2, my opt is even better, 2,95% at thhe moment, I hope that the aliens give up to improve that stratospherical time, I use strong counter steering assist.

Attachments

• IMG20241020134006.jpg
    IMG20241020134006.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_20241020_140732.jpg
    IMG_20241020_140732.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG20241020140554.jpg
    IMG20241020140554.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Maybe the problem is using dualsense sticks, but all my life I play with that, and with steering motion I don't think I'll be able to be competitive, at least no in short time.
Sticks are usually pretty fast at rally in this game, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm sure that if you keep practising, (and more importantly , keep thinking about what you're doing and keep trying different techniques/lines/braking points) you will soon "unlock" that extra pace. I just shaved half a second of my time by getting rid of a bad habit (I used the handbrake too much, thus unecessarily elongating my braking zone.). Best of luck dude

Last edited:
Sticks are usually pretty fast at rally in this game, so I don't think that's the problem. I'm sure that if you keep practising, (and more importantly , keep thinking about what you're doing and keep trying different techniques/lines/braking points) you will soon "unlock" that extra pace. I just shaved half a second of my time by getting rid of a bad habit (I used the handbrake too much, thus unecessarily elongating my braking zone.). Best of luck dude

I'm not using handbrake at all 🤣, thanks, I'm not give up yet and try to stay at gold!

Well done, that's a fantastic time. I agree with the inconsistency. I had a session yesterday and early on somehow managed to do two valid laps in a row, not great times, but within 0.2 sec of each other. I thought, great, I've figured out how to do this. Then, because I have the lap-time and delta taped over and so don't see splits, I flicked the HUD to splits... In the second lap I was over a second slower in one section, 0.5 quicker in another, and 0.5 slower in the last! :lol:

So I don't even look at splits; I just cannot control the car enough to be consistent. I just drive and hope to improve overall. In gold at the moment, but at 2.91%.
Sounds familiar indeed, T1 is a good example , fastest S1 has been .213 for me but if you are slightly off in T1 it results in a 29.5 or 29.6.
This lap it was in between with a .377 🤣
29 flat im not going to manage @Barareklam
That is damn fast!.
My problem lies in the exit of the downhill left hander in S2, you have to take so much speed with you, and the only way it seems to work is beeing on the outside, sometimes I'm in 3th all the way through the whole "chicane" but now I rotated in 2nd because I had the feeling I was comming in too hot 🤣
But full send in 3th all the way out seems to work, then if you survived that you have that annoying slow last chicane 🤣🤣
Wasnt the best in my lap to be honest so a 38.6 or 7 is definitely possible

What I did notice what I had to do to lower my time was spending less time full throttle, sometimes a little less throttle seems to be faster in the slower corners, grip level seems to be a bit better then!

Sounds familiar indeed, T1 is a good example , fastest S1 has been .213 for me but if you are slightly off in T1 it results in a 29.5 or 29.6.
That is damn fast!.
My problem lies in the exit of the downhill left hander in S2, you have to take so much speed with you, and the only way it seems to work is beeing on the outside, sometimes I'm in 3th all the way through the whole "chicane" but now I rotated in 2nd because I had the feeling I was comming in too hot 🤣
But full send in 3th all the way out seems to work, then if you survived that you have that annoying slow last chicane 🤣🤣

What I did notice what I had to do to lower my time was spending less time full throttle, sometimes a little less throttle seems to be faster in the slower corners, grip level seems to be a bit better then!

Make a good time, the first corner is important, the third is easier to do well, but the T1 has to be 29.200 max or better. Without this, all the other corners may be fast but it won't give you a good time.

That is damn fast!.

I'm doing the same!!!! But more than 1 second slower 🤣

That is damn fast!.

That was very good lap. Before I pressed play button I was thinking for myself I will watch it to the smallest detail in order to comment "do this in this corner and you will gain few tenth" but honestly, great lap, I can't contribute with any advice, car is sliding and as we know consistency is random, so it might just happen that you repeat same lap and then gain few tenth.

Make a good time, the first corner is important, the third is easier to do well, but the T1 has to be 29.200 max or better. Without this, all the other corners may be fast but it won't give you a good time.
Depends on what your defenition of a good time is 😁, I think sub 39 is a descent and good time, and you can definitely achieve that with a S1 of .4xx or even .5xx 🤪

Back