[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,915 comments
You'd be best seeing if you can get in touch with whomever provided the codes or seeing if there's a forum discussion on them somewhere. This mod, by itself, won't be causing the issue, you should, in theory, just need the right codes for the game version.

You'd be best seeing if you can get in touch with whomever provided the codes or seeing if there's a forum discussion on them somewhere. This mod, by itself, won't be causing the issue, you should, in theory, just need the right codes for the game version.

We don't understand each other. The game works without any problems. I installed the patch for NTSC-U 1.1, so I understand that I already have 1.2.
No matter if I turn on GT2 plus without patch codes, Thaithi Road crashes in the first Sundey Cup, the same when code patches are turned on, so it's not the codes' fault. Especially since, as I wrote above, Thaithi Road works without problems in the Super license.

We don't understand each other. The game works without any problems. I installed the patch for NTSC-U 1.1, so I understand that I already have 1.2.
No matter if I turn on GT2 plus without patch codes, Thaithi Road crashes in the first Sundey Cup, the same when code patches are turned on, so it's not the codes' fault. Especially since, as I wrote above, Thaithi Road works without problems in the Super license.
Ah ok, I've never experienced that problem, it could be a corrupt file on the disk or a damaged/faulty disc. Have you tried reapplying the patch to a fresh disc/disc image? That might be worth a try.

Ah ok, I've never experienced that problem, it could be a corrupt file on the disk or a damaged/faulty disc. Have you tried reapplying the patch to a fresh disc/disc image? That might be worth a try.
I checked several times. nah. I even checked the original board directly in the console and Thaithi Road works in the first Sundey Cup.After installing the GT2 plus Patch/Mod, Thaithi Road does not work in this particular case.

I checked several times. nah. I even checked the original board directly in the console and Thaithi Road works in the first Sundey Cup.After installing the GT2 plus Patch/Mod, Thaithi Road does not work in this particular case.
How are you playing? Are you using emulation or an original console? Have you tried applying the patch to a different disc image? Like I said, I’ve never had this problem, so the cause will likely be with how the disc is patched / a corrupt file.

The obvious thing to try is to re-download the patch and patch it onto a fresh disc image.

How are you playing? Are you using emulation or an original console? Have you tried applying the patch to a different disc image? Like I said, I’ve never had this problem, so the cause will likely be with how the disc is patched / a corrupt file.

The obvious thing to try is to re-download the patch and patch it onto a fresh disc image.

Tested on the console and emulator (I mainly play through emulation due to better graphics)
After patching the image with your modification, I have the above error in Thaithi Road. The error occurs on the console and emulator regardless of whether code patches are enabled or not.
It works fine on the original disc on the console, as does the original image in the emulator. also works.

After patching the image with your modification, I have the above error in Thaithi Road. The error occurs on the console and emulator regardless of whether code patches are enabled or not.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this at all, on both NTSC-U beta 7 Light and Complete with a clean save file. It shouldn't be possible for a decent xdelta tool to create a bad output file, but verify the CRC32 checksum of your patched disc image against the values in the readme to make sure the disc is not damaged. If your disc is definitely correct, I'll need more details like the exact version of the mod being used, and the exact steps to reproduce it. For example, the test I did was to start the game, buy the white Toyota Supra in the used car list, then start Sunday Cup at Tahiti Road, which worked as expected multiple times.

Tested on the console and emulator (I mainly play through emulation due to better graphics)
It works fine on the original disc on the console, as does the original image in the emulator. also works.
Ok, just an FYI it's not my mod. I'm just helping you trouble shoot this.

Everything you describe suggests that there's a corrupt file somewhere, possibly due to something going wron when the mod was applied.

What you should do is 1st, download the mod files again, don't reuse the ones you have. 2nd, create a new disc image for GT2 and then finally, re-patch the freshly downloaded mod files onto the new disc image.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue, so the mod isn't the problem, the odds are that something has gone wrong during the patching, or a file is corrputed somewhere. Starting fresh with new files and a fresh disc image would be the logical next step for you to try.

I'm afraid I can't reproduce this at all, on both NTSC-U beta 7 Light and Complete with a clean save file. It shouldn't be possible for a decent xdelta tool to create a bad output file, but verify the CRC32 checksum of your patched disc image against the values in the readme to make sure the disc is not damaged. If your disc is definitely correct, I'll need more details like the exact version of the mod being used, and the exact steps to reproduce it. For example, the test I did was to start the game, buy the white Toyota Supra in the used car list, then start Sunday Cup at Tahiti Road, which worked as expected multiple times.

Can someone tell me the size of the image after patching?
The original weighs 681mb, the version patched with a 7beta complete modem, the image weighs 629mb, so definitely less? Should it be like that? maybe it's actually the fault of bad patching?

How to check this CRC32 checksum for a patched disc image?

Last edited:
A completely different question. I saw the GT2 A-Spec mod adding many new cars (yes I know we don't support other mods) but is there any possibility to integrate GT2 plus with GT2 A-Spec or has anyone tried it? I know that GT2.1 is based on a modification of GT 2 plus.

Last edited:
The original weighs 681mb, the version patched with a 7beta complete modem, the image weighs 629mb, so definitely less? Should it be like that?

How to check this CRC32 checksum for a patched disc image?

The modified game is smaller for NTSC-U yes - technically it ends up as the PAL game content with the NTSC-U code, music, and videos, as there's extra content and bug fixes in there and that was the cleanest way to backport them.

Tools like 7zip and HashTab can generate CRC32 hashes / checksums I believe - I don't know what platform you're on though but Google should help find something to do it.

I saw the GT2 A-Spec mod adding many new cars (yes I know we don't support other mods) but is there any possibility to integrate GT2 plus with GT2 A-Spec or has anyone tried it?

There's a very low limit on how much content can be added to GT2 without breaking the game, and GT2+ is right at that limit already. I assume the A-Spec team have deleted a fair bit of the original game content to fit all of their new stuff in there, but I know very little about their work.

Can anyone please upload the 6.1 Lite version to Arcade mode? Thanks.

Sorry, nearly missed this one - send me a message directly with exactly which version you need, and I'll see if I can dig it out.

Last edited:
The above error appears again on the new disc image. Maybe I'm getting a sector error while making the bin image, unfortunately I don't have another original copy of the game to check it with a different version and image. Fortunately, the error is only in Sundey Cup, everywhere else Thaithi Road works without any problems.
The CRC32 checksum is correct.

Can anyone introduce me to 3D car modeling? And is it possible to replace an already finished car with another one? I don't hide the fact that I am irritated by several different versions of the same car, in the PS1 era it didn't bother anyone, but after many years the opportunity to visit a production with new content is absolutely welcome.

The above error appears again on the new disc image.
The CRC32 checksum is correct.

Can anyone introduce me to 3D car modeling?

Unfortunately I don't have any more suggestions then - I can't reproduce the issue with the information given, and it's not something I've heard reported before. The mod doesn't make any changes to the Sunday Cup either.

For other modding questions, the general-purpose modding thread is probably a better place to ask.

One mistake I noticed in the vehicle spec sheets is that the TVR Cerbera 4.2 and 4.5 engines are listed as OHV when they are in fact SOHC. The Rover V8 used in the Chimaera and Griffith is OHV but the Cerbera used the Speed Eight.

Discovered that patching the game screws up the trade functionality, I wanted to trade a GT-ONE from an unpatched save (JP 1.0) to the patched one but all I get is "ERROR!! GT2 game files are missing" in JP 1.1 version. JP 1.0 "buy any car" code (801C309C XXXX 801C309E XXXX) doesn't work on 1.1 so had to try trading to no avail. Unless someone knows the right offset difference; -600 doesn't work on this code for some reason)

Last edited:
Discovered that patching the game screws up the trade functionality, I wanted to trade a GT-ONE from an unpatched save (JP 1.0) to the patched one but all I get is "ERROR!! GT2 game files are missing" in JP 1.1 version. JP 1.0 "buy any car" code (801C309C XXXX 801C309E XXXX)
doesn't work on 1.1 so had to try trading to no avail. Unless someone knows the right offset difference; -600 doesn't work on this code for some reason)
I believe pez changed the serial code so GT2 plus no longer loads vanilla save data (which would have broken cars anyway due to parts being moved around).

Here's a "buy any car" code for Mazda slot 1 (and any other dealer that uses the same button offset): 801C313C XXXX 801C313E XXXX

Last edited:
Discovered that patching the game screws up the trade functionality, I wanted to trade a GT-ONE from an unpatched save (JP 1.0) to the patched one but all I get is "ERROR!! GT2 game files are missing" in JP 1.1 version. JP 1.0 "buy any car" code (801C309C XXXX 801C309E XXXX) doesn't work on 1.1 so had to try trading to no avail. Unless someone knows the right offset difference; -600 doesn't work on this code for some reason)
You can trade between 2 GT2+ saves perfectly fine, the issue is that the original disc data is not compatible with GT2+ due to so much being changed in the database. It was always the case that if you loaded original save game data into GT2+ it was massively broken, GT2+ now just doesn't let you load that broken data at all from the sound of it (I haven't tried so can't confirm).

Last edited:
Discovered that patching the game screws up the trade functionality, I wanted to trade a GT-ONE from an unpatched save (JP 1.0) to the patched one but all I get is "ERROR!! GT2 game files are missing" in JP 1.1 version.

As above, GT2+ deliberately does not load garage data from the unmodified game (and vice-versa) as they are not compatible. This includes trading, as you'd just get a mangled car with the wrong parts on it. Trading from a GT2+ save to a GT2+ save will still work as normal.

I believe pez changed the serial code so GT2 plus no longer loads vanilla save data (which would have broken cars anyway due to parts being moved around).

Here's a "buy any car" code for Mazda slot 1 (and any other dealer that uses the same button offset): 801C313C XXXX 801C313E XXXX
Thank you, but how am I supposed to use this code? Am I doing it wrong? On JP 1.1 I enabled it, went to Mazda dealer, picked Demio and the game crashes. (EDIT: never mind, it worked after i fixed an emulator problem. Thank you so much!!)

Last edited:
Wow, I was wondering if GT1 would get the same treatment and I'm glad it did! Can't wait to play it.

Now, on to something else. I don't know whether this is really a bug, but the S13 Silvia K's '88 and '91 appear to have their wheels switched around. Did Polyphony screw that up or is it really like that in real-life (that the '88 has 7-spoke wheels and the '91 has some sort of "salad shooters")? The Q's have them the other way around, so do the GT1 versions of both the Q's and the K's, which got me wondered.

I don't know whether this is really a bug, but the S13 Silvia K's '88 and '91 appear to have their wheels switched around. Did Polyphony screw that up or is it really like that in real-life (that the '88 has 7-spoke wheels and the '91 has some sort of "salad shooters")? The Q's have them the other way around, so do the GT1 versions of both the Q's and the K's, which got me wondered.

If anything, I think the flatter wheels were the standard Q's wheels for the whole production run, and the more deeply sculpted wheels were standard on the K's, but I suspect at the very least the Q's would have had the option to upgrade. It might be that the wheels are swapped between the '91 K's and Q's, as GT4 onwards has both Q's and both K's using the same wheels regardless of the year.

It seems that you're right, because after a little bit of digging I found an old S13 brochure from 1988 or 1989 and these
"salad shooter" wheels were indeed an option - at least on the K's. So, PD didn't screw up this time, it seems.

Should this be fixed in next release? Font error - O character looks like a zero. Don't know if this is also in other versions - playing JP 1.1.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-02 3.36.40 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-02 3.36.40 PM.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 23
Should this be fixed in next release? Font error - O character looks like a zero. Don't know if this is also in other versions - playing JP 1.1.

I probably won't change that to be honest - it's not worth figuring out how the keyboard works and how to change its data to make an O look like a wider 0 instead of just a 0. I think it's clear from context which key is which, and I can't really see any situations where it would be critical to tell an O and a 0 apart in a replay name or nickname.

Kind of stupid of me to ask but is gt2+ still a work in progress ?

Yes - there hasn't been enough progress since the last release to put out a new version yet, but several of the GT1+ changes were done in parallel with GT2+ equivalents. Things like the four-door model for the Skyline GTS-4 are already mostly done for GT2+, but I kept them quiet so as not to spoil the surprise when they showed up in GT1+.

gts4.png

Other than that, a lot of what's on the to-do list is either so subtle it's not worth previewing (e.g. the Honda badge is slightly off-centre on the S2000) or so complex that it's only theoretically possible (e.g. rewriting how the game selects the displayed name for upgrades to fix the second RM using the wrong name), so there's not been too much to post here recently. There is still work going into the mod though.

Yes - there hasn't been enough progress since the last release to put out a new version yet, but several of the GT1+ changes were done in parallel with GT2+ equivalents. Things like the four-door model for the Skyline GTS-4 are already mostly done for GT2+, but I kept them quiet so as not to spoil the surprise when they showed up in GT1+.

gts4.png

Other than that, a lot of what's on the to-do list is either so subtle it's not worth previewing (e.g. the Honda badge is slightly off-centre on the S2000) or so complex that it's only theoretically possible (e.g. rewriting how the game selects the displayed name for upgrades to fix the second RM using the wrong name), so there's not been too much to post here recently. There is still work going into the mod though.

This is what i was looking for.
Thank you Pez for being so dedicated.
Even tho A-spec is out, GT2+ is still i think the best mod for GT2.
Cant wait for the next release, and goodluck.

Back