[Mod] Gran Turismo 2 plus (bug fixes, restored content and new content) - beta 7 released

• Thread starter pez2k
  • 2,915 comments
This is what i was looking for.
Thank you Pez for being so dedicated.
Even tho A-spec is out, GT2+ is still i think the best mod for GT2.
Cant wait for the next release, and goodluck.
Thank you Pez as well, A-spec is really cool but it does have its disadvantage of not working on other versions of the game except US 1.2 - though I admit I was very intrigued by the restored C-Class DTM car and wanted it to appear in Plus very badly.

Thank you Pez as well, A-spec is really cool but it does have its disadvantage of not working on other versions of the game except US 1.2 - though I admit I was very intrigued by the restored C-Class DTM car and wanted it to appear in Plus very badly.

Well i just hope somehow that one day, both mods will merge.

I like A-spec cause of its new vehicles and tougher AI.
While everything else i like more in GT2+ and Arcade mode is supported unlike A-Spec.

The dude merged all of the GT2 versions and combined them into one, and if it had A-Specs cars and AI it would be a flawless mod.

But Pez has said himself that the objective of the mod is different than what the guys did with A-spec. So who knows..

Well i just hope somehow that one day, both mods will merge.
But Pez has said himself that the objective of the mod is different than what the guys did with A-spec. So who knows..

Just to be 100% clear on this, I will not be taking any part of the A-spec mod to put into GT2+. They are an independent team who have worked hard on their independent mod, and ripping them off would be unthinkable.

I also don't think it would make any sense to add their content into GT2+ even if their team decided that they wanted me to (for some inexplicable reason). Ever since the limit on the amount of game content was discovered, this mod has been strictly focused specifically on finishing off Polyphony's work, not on creating new assets. The A-spec mod appears to be taking the exact opposite approach of adding as many new assets as possible to show what can be done with the current research and tooling, and their combined talents. The limit also means that adding content from one of the mods into the other would require other content to be deleted to make room. I don't know what they've done on their side to fit in all of their new cars, but on the GT2+ side there's definitely no room left without butchering the mod.

If there are any points where you feel GT2+ or A-spec could improve, then those should be discussed with the people behind each mod, rather than by fantasising about mashing them together somehow. I'm always happy to help their team with any advice or to discuss any particular GT2+ changes, but to be honest I don't think they really need it. They've shown that they have the talent to have independently built and released a large mod themselves, and I'm sure their mod will continue to get even better in any future versions (assuming that they're planning any - I don't know much about it).

Just to be 100% clear on this, I will not be taking any part of the A-spec mod to put into GT2+. They are an independent team who have worked hard on their independent mod, and ripping them off would be unthinkable.

I also don't think it would make any sense to add their content into GT2+ even if their team decided that they wanted me to (for some inexplicable reason). Ever since the limit on the amount of game content was discovered, this mod has been strictly focused specifically on finishing off Polyphony's work, not on creating new assets. The A-spec mod appears to be taking the exact opposite approach of adding as many new assets as possible to show what can be done with the current research and tooling, and their combined talents. The limit also means that adding content from one of the mods into the other would require other content to be deleted to make room. I don't know what they've done on their side to fit in all of their new cars, but on the GT2+ side there's definitely no room left without butchering the mod.

If there are any points where you feel GT2+ or A-spec could improve, then those should be discussed with the people behind each mod, rather than by fantasising about mashing them together somehow. I'm always happy to help their team with any advice or to discuss any particular GT2+ changes, but to be honest I don't think they really need it. They've shown that they have the talent to have independently built and released a large mod themselves, and I'm sure their mod will continue to get even better in any future versions (assuming that they're planning any - I don't know much about it).

Its ur mod, ur vision and you do you.
The only thing in my opinion that should be done is up the AI difficulty if even possible and thats it. Fantasies can stay only fantasies, cause in the end again its ur vision and no one will stop that or in any way intrude in that. I love ur work and i cant say that i as a fan of ur mod i am unsatisfied, cause it would be bull**it.

Ur absolutely right, and keep on rocking man.
And sincerely... Thank you! 😁

While I think it would be cool I wouldn't expect the A-Spec and Plus mods to merge anyway. Even regarding the technical limitations these two mods have much different goals. Plus is meant to be basically a more polished vanilla experience; A-Spec is effectively an unofficial expansion. Either way GT modding is in a really exciting place right now.

While I think it would be cool I wouldn't expect the A-Spec and Plus mods to merge anyway. Even regarding the technical limitations these two mods have much different goals. Plus is meant to be basically a more polished vanilla experience; A-Spec is effectively an unofficial expansion. Either way GT modding is in a really exciting place right now.
Some of the cars are a little on the rough side. The Prowler and f1 van look pretty good but definitely most of thr additions just don't have the poly count of the originals. Still a good time tho. Really does feel like the AI seems to latch onto u more which Is mostly a fun change, some exceptions.

Most of the music changes are a good choice but lean a bit too much on grunge side maybe. Thatz just an opinion though.

Last edited:
I almost exclusively use Skylines, and to see 3 colors removed from one the best cars is awful. Please consider adding the other colors as special prizes.

Also the Grey/black looks more like silver/grey but i guess that's not really a bug. Could use some darkening tho imo.

From what i remember, the Mugen S2000 is awarded in place of one of the 2 CRX Pro.3 prizes. My theory is that there are 2 of those because one was supposed to be the Mugen S2000. So it's either at the Historic Car Cup 1, or 80s Car Cup 2. Unless pez moved it since then.

As for the removal of the additional colors on the R31 GTS-R, it's because the GTS-R never had those colors, only lower spec models had them. And as far as i'm aware, there is no room left for adding a car that would use those colors in GT2+.

Awesome I saw that video but didn't know it told where the unlockables are.

Just finished the 5 races for Super Touring and 4 of them gave me camaro z28 as their prize car? Glitch or working as intended?

Any plans to fix track Lap Record on simulation disk?

It seems to be intentional that it only shows the time trial record, as GT1 worked in the same way. I think it's probably beyond my abilities to change it too.

Can someone tell me how to unlock mugen s2000 or just point me to prize car list/tracks u get them from?

Manufacturer - Aston DB7: Added Aston Martin DB7 Coupe [Special Colour] as prize car.
German Nationals 3: Added Audi A4 Avant as prize car.
US Nationals 3: Added BMW 323i (E36) as prize car.
Rally - SM North 3: Added Citroen Saxo Rally Car as prize car.
Rally - SM South 3: Added Daihatsu Storia X4 Rally Car as prize car.
Manufacturer - Mazda Roadster: Added Eunos Roadster '93 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Honda Type R: Added Honda Civic Type R '97 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Honda Civic: Added Honda CR-X SiR '90 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Rally - SM South 2: Added Lancia Delta Rally Car as prize car.
Rally - Tahiti DR3 Rev 3: Added Mazda Familia Rally Car as prize car.
Manufacturer - Mazda Roadster (Racing): Added Mazda Roadster RS D-Rights as prize car.
Rally - Tahiti DR3 2: Added Mitsubishi Lancer Evo III Rally Car as prize car.
Rally - Tahiti DR3 3: Added Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV Rally Car as prize car.
Manufacturer - Mitsubishi Evo: Added Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR '96 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Historic Car 1: Added Mugen S2000 as prize car (replacing duplicate Mugen CR-X).
Japanese Nationals 3: Added Nissan Primera GT '98 as prize car.
Rally - SM North Rev 3: Added Nissan Pulsar Rally Car as prize car.
Manufacturer - Nissan Pulsar: Added Nissan Pulsar VZ-R N1 '97 [Livery] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Nissan Silvia: Added Nissan Silvia Q's '88 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Nissan Silvia (Racing): Added Nissan Silvia Spec-R Aero D-Rights as prize car.
Manufacturer - Nissan GT-R: Added Nissan Skyline GT-R '91 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Rally - PP Downhill 3: Added Peugeot 306 Rally Car as prize car.
Rally - SM North 2: Added Renault Megane Rally Car as prize car.
Rally - Tahiti DR3 Rev 2: Added Subaru Impreza Rally Car '96 as prize car.
Manufacturer - Subaru Impreza: Added Subaru Impreza WRX STi Ver.III '96 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Subaru SVX: Added Subaru SVX S4 '95 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Rally - Tahiti Maze 3: Added Toyota Celica Rally Car '88 as prize car.
Rally - SM North Rev 2: Added Toyota Celica Rally Car '91 as prize car.
Rally - PP Hillclimb 3: Added Toyota Celica Rally Car '95 as prize car.
Manufacturer - Toyota Celica: Added Toyota Celica SS-II '95 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Toyota Altezza: Added Toyota Soarer 2.5VVT-i '96 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Toyota Starlet: Added Toyota Sprinter Trueno GT-APEX '85 [Special Colour] as prize car.
Manufacturer - Toyota Altezza (Racing): Added Toyota Supra RZ '97 [Special Colour] as prize car.
UK Nationals 3: Added Vauxhall Vectra SRi 2.0 16V as prize car.
Rally - Green Forest 3: Added Volkswagen Golf Rally Car as prize car.
Global Compact Car 3: Added Volkswagen Polo 1.4 16V as prize car (replacing buyable Lupo).

Also, are there any plans in adding upgrades to the prius? It kinda makes its RM pointless 😅

I probably won't, to be honest - the mod is very close to the limit for the total amount of parts data, and it seems to have been a deliberate choice to make the Prius in general pointless. I don't know whether Polyphony were unsure if hybrid cars could be tuned, or if it's just there to have what seemed like a revolutionary piece of technology featured without really implementing it as a useful car.

I almost exclusively use Skylines, and to see 3 colors removed from one the best cars is awful. Please consider adding the other colors as special prizes.

The special colour prize cars are entire duplicates of the original, and there isn't enough space left to add another one. I don't know specifically which car you're referring to, but if it's the Nismo 400R then the colours are now split across the prototype and production car rather than having the two be entirely identical. The R31 GTS-R is the only Skyline with colours entirely removed, because Polyphony had given it base GTS colours by mistake. The Light version doesn't have any of those changes though, as it avoids removing anything at all.

Just finished the 5 races for Super Touring and 4 of them gave me camaro z28 as their prize car? Glitch or working as intended?

The prizes for that series are randomly selected from a list of three cars, and so it's entirely possible to get the same car for every single race if you're unlucky enough, and you're guaranteed to get at least two duplicate prizes. I have no idea why it was designed that way.

Last edited:
From squaresofts rpg inspired by gran turismo and Wangan Midnight, Racing Lagoon.

Fits the time period too. I know the games about filled up but worth a mention anyway.

Racing Lagoon kicks ass BTW.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240124_181614_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_181614_Chrome.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20240124_181627_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240124_181627_Chrome.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 19
I probably won't, to be honest - the mod is very close to the limit for the total amount of parts data, and it seems to have been a deliberate choice to make the Prius in general pointless. I don't know whether Polyphony were unsure if hybrid cars could be tuned, or if it's just there to have what seemed like a revolutionary piece of technology featured without really implementing it as a useful car.

Ahh well it is what it is.
They could atleast make it useful at lower HP events.
But no wonder since the vehicle even at the rally event that it was competing was in stock form just with added dirt tires, and that event took place in 2002.

No one was willing or didnt know how modify hybrids back then it seems.

Edit: whats weird that it was in GT4 also, and it had upgrades even tho it still didnt have a mod support back then

Last edited:
Was it ever considered adding Rome Night track somewhere in the special events races?
Its an awesome track and would be more interesting to be able to actually race on it in GT mode. I mean you can if you play manufacturers events but its so random and cant drive all the cars on it. Lets say adding it to the clubman cup as the third race while switching Rome Short for Rome Circuit

Last edited:
Hey, I remember using Mitsubishi GTO for most races in GT1 and in GT2 their equivalents being kinda bad and also having only two livery options (both green and white Puma) instead of so many in first game... did you restore the old liveries or change these cars in any way besides fixing the name from GT3000 for Japanese versions? Asking if it's worth even trying to build one.

Anyone know if this car actually comes in black? Got a dark blue one, and this site has led me astray before.

Been grinding one map for 4 hours now but one of the maps with a prize pool.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127_172747_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240127_172747_Chrome.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 10
I see now. Was looking at Nissan in the changelog instead of Nismo. Colors added for it was confusing me because every source I found said 4 colors.

From squaresofts rpg inspired by gran turismo and Wangan Midnight, Racing Lagoon.

Fits the time period too. I know the games about filled up but worth a mention anyway.

This mod is focusing on restoring cut and unfinished content, so I won't be including remake of cars from unrelated games.

Was it ever considered adding Rome Night track somewhere in the special events races?

The issue with changing the tracks used in GT mode events is that the track names are part of the menu background and not dynamic text, so changing them requires a lot of art work, and the currently existing tooling for menu editing often fails to work for the race menus. I've also largely tried to leave the events in GT mode alone, outside of adding less valuable prize cars out of necessity where there was nowhere else to deliver them to the player.

Hey, I remember using Mitsubishi GTO for most races in GT1 and in GT2 their equivalents being kinda bad and also having only two livery options (both green and white Puma) instead of so many in first game... did you restore the old liveries or change these cars in any way besides fixing the name from GT3000 for Japanese versions?

Unfortunately the GTO models and textures in GT1 are totally different to GT2, so it's not possible to port over the various colours from GT1 as options for the GT2 RM. I would like to feature them in some limited way in future though, I agree that they were better. I don't think I've made any other changes to the GTOs, no.

I see now. Was looking at Nissan in the changelog instead of Nismo. Colors added for it was confusing me because every source I found said 4 colors.

Yeah, the original game only had those four colours for the 400R, but the real cars were built in a wider range of colours. I added White, Deep Marine Blue, and Midnight Purple based on the GT-R colours, then shuffled things around so that the prototype always comes in yellow, and the production car comes in one of six colours at random rather than the original four.

The colour names on that Wiki are presumably from other games or guesses, as they're not named in GT2, and there wasn't a black 400R in reality (as well as Lightning Yellow being a 1998-on colour that didn't exist in 1996). The closest thing was the sole Dark Gray car, which is one of those six random colours in this mod.

OK, I'm just gonna say it.

Putting this many color options inside a prize pool, has been T-O-R-T-U-R-E

I'm used to grinding but the 400R HAS to have a lower drop rate than the other 2 cars. Like maybe 2 show up every 10 races. Seriously, this has been an awful experience and I'm used to a grind.

I really want to iterate how awful of an experience just trying to get a car in a color I want has been

Last edited:
OK, I'm just gonna say it.

Putting this many color options inside a prize pool, has been T-O-R-T-U-R-E

I'm used to grinding but the 400R HAS to have a lower drop rate than the other 2 cars. Like maybe 2 show up every 10 races. Seriously, this has been an awful experience and I'm used to a grind.

I really want to iterate how awful of an experience just trying to get a car in a color I want has been
@pez2k can correct me as necessary (largely since I primarily lurk and haven't touched the mod), but I'm pretty sure that he hasn't touched the prize car drop rates. That just sounds like standard GT2 RNG at play.

Back