Modified Track Path Editor + Tracks/Discussion

So the program edits inside the .apk data where the tracks are stored?

I really hope I can test it out on my PC one day, but when will it be released? I am going to build another PC, but with better hardware.

So the program edits inside the .apk data where the tracks are stored?

I really hope I can test it out on my PC one day, but when will it be released? I am going to build another PC, but with better hardware.

Well, I want to release it now, but I would like to have a moderator's opinion of it first. As for hardware requirements, you could run it on a potato, it's not very demanding at all :) As long as the potato is using Windows, not sure how well it works on other OS. You also need to have Python 3 installed.

About track authorship/ownership, I guess you can already take other people's photomode pictures and post them as your own, so maybe I make it a bigger deal than it actually is?

Yeah, it is an issue with people stealing tracks because they didn't like that hump or corner. It's something to consider. I'm only interested in modifying my courses to please I and others. Though the thought of someone stealing your track and outright lie to your face. If you do release it. Then it would have to be on a trust system, where we have to credit the original Author in the comments or risk getting reported. That's how we do it in the pixel art community. Crooks trying to steal your work. Though as long as we have a trustful community. We shouldn't have to worry about the few that do steal. Though it's an issue up to the creator taking the risk upon release.

Right now I can't produce anymore tracks because my CD went kaput. I have the digital copy downloaded. Yet I cannot download the updates to play online. I reformatted my 40GB HDD before the game download. After downloading the game I'm left with 16GB and the system saying I'm 56 MB short of being able to download the updates.
What should I do?

Well, I want to release it now, but I would like to have a moderator's opinion of it first. As for hardware requirements, you could run it on a potato, it's not very demanding at all :) As long as the potato is using Windows, not sure how well it works on other OS. You also need to have Python 3 installed.

About track authorship/ownership, I guess you can already take other people's photomode pictures and post them as your own, so maybe I make it a bigger deal than it actually is?

You may have noticed I'm a passionate track creator too, especially when it comes to produce replicas of real tracks. The contour maps have been a milestone already which helped me loads. :bowdown: But your new tool seems to be on a whole new level.

Did I get it right that it works something like this:

1. I create a track, upload and save it.
2. I do save a replay of the track.
3. The track data can be extracted out of the replay file???
4. The track data can be changed with your tool.
5. The changed track data can be uploaded again???

Would this mean when aiming to recreate the correct elevation of a replica track I'd have to draw the path and could tweak the elevation with your tool?

Oh and is it at matter if I use Bluestacks or a Tablet/Smartphone?

@eran0004 I give full permission to you or anyone else to help yourselves to any of my track's, as long as I'm mentioned as the original creator within the description of such modded track's :)

I just want this figure of 8 track with the jump to become a reality :)

I'll even upload the base build ready for modding, watch this space.

You may have noticed I'm a passionate track creator too, especially when it comes to produce replicas of real tracks. The contour maps have been a milestone already which helped me loads. :bowdown: But your new tool seems to be on a whole new level.

Did I get it right that it works something like this:

1. I create a track, upload and save it.
2. I do save a replay of the track.
3. The track data can be extracted out of the replay file???
4. The track data can be changed with your tool.
5. The changed track data can be uploaded again???

Would this mean when aiming to recreate the correct elevation of a replica track I'd have to draw the path and could tweak the elevation with your tool?

Oh and is it at matter if I use Bluestacks or a Tablet/Smartphone?

That is correct. The replay file contains the instructions needed for GT6 to build the track.

It doesn't matter what the track was created with, this is entirely a PC tool.

@eran0004 I give full permission to you or anyone else to help yourselves to any of my track's, as long as I'm mentioned as the original creator within the description of such modded track's :)

I just want this figure of 8 track with the jump to become a reality :)

I'll even upload the base build ready for modding, watch this space.

I actually tried to create that figure 8 jump track, but I used the Eifel flat theme, so I kept running into the pit wall and couldn't save the track :P

But if you can save a basic figure 8 track I'll see if I can create that jump for you :)

That is correct. The replay file contains the instructions needed for GT6 to build the track.

It doesn't matter what the track was created with, this is entirely a PC tool.

I actually tried to create that figure 8 jump track, but I used the Eifel flat theme, so I kept running into the pit wall and couldn't save the track :P

But if you can save a basic figure 8 track I'll see if I can create that jump for you :)
I had that problem aswell ha ha, maybe I'll create it on Eifel then you can flatten it out after & add steeper banking aswell.

I'm looking forward to try your tool @eran0004 in case you release it which I hope you will soon. :)

Not sure if any of the moderators will speak their opinion on this tool though. :confused: It's been a while since you've been asking @SlipZtrEm but no answer to date. But maybe Kyle is just busy. That could be a reason why my track Swift Motorsports Park which won the poll for TOTW 32 wasn't proclaimed to date. ;)

I'm looking forward to try your tool @eran0004 in case you release it which I hope you will soon. :)

Not sure if any of the moderators will speak their opinion on this tool though. :confused: It's been a while since you've been asking @SlipZtrEm but no answer to date. But maybe Kyle is just busy. That could be a reason why my track Swift Motorsports Park which won the poll for TOTW 32 wasn't proclaimed to date. ;)

There has been a lot of E3 stuff going on, so they've been busy for a while :) But they will discuss it and we'll see what they decide.

I'm going abroad on Wednesday next week and will be away until the end of July, so if there is no decision by Wednesday I guess it will have to wait until August. Or maybe I can hand all the files over to a moderator so that they can share it if they decide that it's something we're allowed to do?

In the meantime, here is another track. I tried out a new "roughen" command on Schwarzwaldschleife (as well as making it a little wider, 6 meters was kind of claustrophobic even for my taste), so rather than being so perfectly smooth, the surface is now more naturally and realistically bumpy. It's very small elevation changes, we're talking about millimeters (between -10 and +10 millimeters per iteration), but it's making the suspension work a little harder and I think that it makes the track more fun to drive.

https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt6/user/#!/friend/eran0004/course/2347738/

To illustrate the roughen command, this is from the elevation editor: The black dots is height data points of the track. The red line is the delta slope (basically a g-force indicator) of the original track, while the blue line is the delta slope of the track after the roughen command has been applied to it. You can see that the red line is mostly straight, indicating that the suspension has very little to do, while the blue line being more jagged indicates much more dynamic suspension loads.

sw.png

Last edited:
@eran0004 got 2 options for you to try.

Option 1 = https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Mr-6rumpy1/course/2348522/

Option 2 = https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/user/#!/friend/Mr-6rumpy1/course/2348699/

Option 1 is slightly flatter than option 2 but requires driving through the pits to complete a lap

Bad news, it doesn't seem to be possible to jump over another section of the track. You always get stuck on the collision mesh of the section that you're jumping across.

Edit: Another thing I learned. Forgetting to attach any height data to the file before uploading it does not end well. The game tries to read the file, but doesn't know what to do with it since a big chunk of the data is missing and you end up having to restart the console.

I should probably add a byte counter to make sure that the exported file is just as big as the imported file :P

Last edited:
I've been able to jump through or over a section that was partly buried. It wasn't the home straight, it was a long curving section made by anchors. The barriers across the track were not solid.

Perhaps it only makes the 'nearest' 1km of track solid at a time, or some length like that, even though anything nearby is visually drawn?

Bad news, it doesn't seem to be possible to jump over another section of the track. You always get stuck on the collision mesh of the section that you're jumping across.
Hmm, I would've thought that considering Option 2 already crosses over the S/F line with no problems raising either side & dropping the middle wouldn't of been an issue.

How about making the ramp up & down just slightly after/before the barriers on the S/F line so it bypasses the invisible wall ?

Hmm, I would've thought that considering Option 2 already crosses over the S/F line with no problems raising either side & dropping the middle wouldn't of been an issue.

How about making the ramp up & down just slightly after/before the barriers on the S/F line so it bypasses the invisible wall ?

That might work. I'll test it.

Well, My 40Gb HDD isn't big enough for GT6 and the updates. I might have to back out. I have one more track ready with insight on the on the canyon .apk that I can't upload till I get the game installed and updated. :/
Who'd have thought that GT6 takes up a staggering 30 gigs?

Well, My 40Gb HDD isn't big enough for GT6 and the updates. I might have to back out. I have one more track ready with insight on the on the canyon .apk that I can't upload till I get the game installed and updated. :/
Who'd have thought that GT6 takes up a staggering 30 gigs?

I checked my copy of the game (got the digital download version) and it's 34 GB. That includes well over a thousand photomode pictures though.

@Mr Grumpy Good news, the figure 8 jump track works :) I had to move the start / finish line to avoid jumping over the pit wall (and hitting its collision mesh) and widen the track a little. The track is pretty mental if you ask me. Not sure if it would work online though, as the pit lane is a bit... curved. I tried driving through the pits, and it sent me through the wall.

Anyway, here it is: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt6/user/#!/friend/eran0004/course/2349333/

Nice 1 eran. gonna check it now.

EDIT : this track is the muts nuts lol :)
The AI don't like it but who cares, this is going to be a blast online.
Massive respect to you Eran well done.

EDIT : got a few little tweaks if you got time.
1. Please can you lose the bridge on the landing as it looks crap curling over the road (my fault I shouldn't of put it in) & if possible widen the jump like this please.
Screenshot_2016-06-24-21-16-08.png

As atm we only need to be doing 120mph to get over it & I think making it a little wider will make it more daring.

The banking is absolutely spot on aswell :)

Issue regarding online - no one can do practice laps as we can't leave the pits, the workaround to this is everyone enters the track only. Then start the race as normal.

Last edited:
Nice and funny track. 2 lap race.I try to push the AI car to save them below the hill . It works. They pass the short cut rule even they don't complete the 1st lap. Lol.

Last edited:
I think the S/F line would work better going around the 1st right hand bend & not after the jump, I have a theory that it might be the left hand bend causing the pit bug.

Nice 1 eran. gonna check it now.

EDIT : this track is the muts nuts lol :)
The AI don't like it but who cares, this is going to be a blast online.
Massive respect to you Eran well done.

EDIT : got a few little tweaks if you got time.
1. Please can you lose the bridge on the landing as it looks crap curling over the road (my fault I shouldn't of put it in) & if possible widen the jump like this please.
View attachment 561639
As atm we only need to be doing 120mph to get over it & I think making it a little wider will make it more daring.

The banking is absolutely spot on aswell :)

Issue regarding online - no one can do practice laps as we can't leave the pits, the workaround to this is everyone enters the track only. Then start the race as normal.

Try this: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt6/user/#!/friend/eran0004/course/2349573/

I think the S/F line would work better going around the 1st right hand bend & not after the jump, I have a theory that it might be the left hand bend causing the pit bug.

The pit bug is most likely because the pit is curved. It doesn't work to have the S/F straight in the first corner, because that makes the pit wall collision mesh run straight across the track.

Try this: https://www.gran-turismo.com/de/gt6/user/#!/friend/eran0004/course/2349573/

The pit bug is most likely because the pit is curved. It doesn't work to have the S/F straight in the first corner, because that makes the pit wall collision mesh run straight across the track.
I understand what you mean regarding the pit wall. Maybe if you shift it forwards or backwards by 350m then the jump wouldn't interfere with the mesh, I just think the pit bug is the cars trying to get back to the official S/F line when they launch out the pit box.

I understand what you mean regarding the pit wall. Maybe if you shift it forwards or backwards by 350m then the jump wouldn't interfere with the mesh, I just think the pit bug is the cars trying to get back to the official S/F line when they launch out the pit box.

There is not enough room on the straight for that. The pit requires 6 sections, and each section is about 98 meters long, so it needs almost 600 meters. The jump splits the straight in half, so there's only just below 300 meters available.

There is not enough room on the straight for that. The pit requires 6 sections, and each section is about 98 meters long, so it needs almost 600 meters. The jump splits the straight in half, so there's only just below 300 meters available.
Ahh I see, oh well people will have to reside in the pits until race start.

On another note.... the updated track is perfect :) AI work's... sort of (they don't do the jump, but atleast they can drive up the hill).
Minimum speed to make the jump is now 140mph :) try it with a stock Megane RS Trophy 11.
Also downforce on race cars is a big no no, you drop like sack of spuds lol.

I checked my copy of the game (got the digital download version) and it's 34 GB. That includes well over a thousand photomode pictures though.

Thank you for helping me solve the issue. I didn't want to believe my HDD was too small at first. Yet, it turns out to be. My next route is to get a bigger HDD or buy a PS4.

Well damn, I was wanting to show you guys my latest Canyon pass.
Well the least I can do for you guys is give you what I've learned from it.
Notice when you build a canyon and the non canyon part is a weird looking ridge high in the sky?
Well, that is because the set elevation is not equal to 0 on Andalusia.
Thanks to you again @eran0004 I was able to scale down a labeled contour map. From there I was able to find the elevation value of the flat elevations .apk. To avoid huge ridges outside of your Canyon do not build below a 10. Somewhere between 10 and eleven is where the elevation is set.
Now you guys can build canyon passes that look right and feel natural like real life.
Here is the map scaled down for you guys:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30999812/GT6/countour_maps/andalusia_topography_accurate.png

Thank you for helping me solve the issue. I didn't want to believe my HDD was too small at first. Yet, it turns out to be. My next route is to get a bigger HDD or buy a PS4.

Well damn, I was wanting to show you guys my latest Canyon pass.
Well the least I can do for you guys is give you what I've learned from it.
Notice when you build a canyon and the non canyon part is a weird looking ridge high in the sky?
Well, that is because the set elevation is not equal to 0 on Andalusia.
Thanks to you again @eran0004 I was able to scale down a labeled contour map. From there I was able to find the elevation value of the flat elevations .apk. To avoid huge ridges outside of your Canyon do not build below a 10. Somewhere between 10 and eleven is where the elevation is set.
Now you guys can build canyon passes that look right and feel natural like real life.
Here is the map scaled down for you guys:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30999812/GT6/countour_maps/andalusia_topography_accurate.png

Did you try downloading and installing the updates one by one?

Here's a weird one, gravity is stronger online compared arcade.
same car (dodge charger) doing the jump in arcade at 145mph makes the jump perfectly. Then go into a lobby & try it, it can't make it....damn thing.

eran0004 you absolutely beautiful bastard!!
What an amazing simple tool you made.
I can only salute you virtually:
45326680.jpg

How many hours did you spent in it so far?

Back