Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

I had my first taste of the online mode. I have a lot of fun, I dont really have a complaint about the track count since some of the have a few different paths and even in a 10 player racer you can get lost and not see anyone. I like it and the headset support is a nice addition.

Maybe Motorstorm 2 will look more like the CGI in the background of the menus.

Some one that has 100%, it would be helpfull to have a complete list of unlockables.

I'm getting real tired of the offline part of this game, I'm on level 4 & it's not about driving better or going faster or harder tracks, it's all about dodging the A-Hole AI drivers who will do what ever it takes to take you out!
I don't know how many times I've been in first on the last corner & have several cars hit me & by the time I'm rolling again I'm in 12th place!

I do enjoy the online part though, I just want to get far enough to unlock everything & then forget about the off line game!

It seems the AI cars in level 4 are more about keeping the human player from winning than trying to win themselves. Very annoying.

b

Hey my Dad works on the Motorstorm game for evostudio's so if there is anything you want to know just ask and I will try and find out about, he doesn't tell me everything though I believe many things are confidencial so I am not sure how much I will be able to find out, its worth an ask though.

Hey my Dad works on the Motorstorm game for evostudio's so if there is anything you want to know just ask and I will try and find out about, he doesn't tell me everything though I believe many things are confidencial so I am not sure how much I will be able to find out, its worth an ask though.
Howdy Steve. That must be fun to have a father that works at Evo, as they appear to be a bunch of really fun, energetic, and dedicated group of game lovers. One of my favorite games of theirs was there wonderful WRC rally game!

Thanks also for offering to get us some inside information! 👍

Here would be some of the questions I would love to get answered by an insider:
  1. Where are the 'Easter Eggs' in MotorStorm? (an appropriate question for this time of year as well) ;)
    (Just in case you think I really mean the Easter Bunny kind, I'm referring to hidden features and/or references that programmers often like to hide inside their games.)

2. Besides any Easter Eggs, are there any hidden game features, like additional skins for vehicles, hidden tracks, hidden areas in the races, etc?

3. It seems clear by the names given to the different vehicles in MotorStorm and by the way they look, that many are influenced heavily by specific real word vehicles. I mentioned what I think some of them are based on in the following thread:Can he give us a definitive list of which specific real world vehicles were the influence behind each of the ones in the game?

4. There is also a lot of talk about the performance differences between each of the five different models within each class. Can he confirm that they do have performance differences, and what those differences are?

5. Finally, are there any cheat codes, where by a sequence of buttons results in some added feature, or change in performance?

Thanks again, and thank your father for taking time to answer our questions!

I would add to that list of questions,

1. When will downloadable add ons be avalible?

2. Will they be free or is there a charge? and what will they be?

3. Why is the sound so loud!!
After watching TV at a normal level when I start the game or just highlight it on the XMB it blows me out of my chair!!

As for cheats I know there has to be some, I've had big rigs pass me like I'm standing still when I'm boosting in the Woulf Revo on hard pack, I know they have to be doing something to be able to do that.

I will ask him the questions tomorrow because I won't see him tonight, I know the answer to some of those questions already however I will wait to see if he thinks it would be suitable to discuss certain aspects of the game, especially since this is a forum, like I said before there may be a confidentiality agreement and I don't want to get him into trouble. It is likely that it won't be a problem since this game is already available and there is nothing particularly private bout the answers to these questions. So hopefully I will report back tomorrow with some answers

My copy of MotorStorm Pal has already been dispatched, which will mean it will be here by Thursday, but it is a shame I won't have my PS3 arriving until Friday.

Bought my copy today and although there are some missing things this is still an excellent early tittle and a good first game as well. Is there any sort of time trial or free roam mode I'm missing?

Bought my copy today and although there are some missing things this is still an excellent early tittle and a good first game as well. Is there any sort of time trial or free roam mode I'm missing?
Nope. Single player mode is all about winning or at least qualifying in each event from each ticket. As you earn points, and complete tickets, more events, more tickets, and more vehicles are unlocked.

The advantage of unlocking the cars is that it allows you to use them online. Otherwise you will only have two cars from each of the 7 classes to choose from - and that gets boring fairly quickly.

Looks like one of the big complaints is about to be fixed!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/774/774900p1.html

March 21, 2007 - Though Evolution Studios' off-road racer MotorStorm has only been out for a couple of weeks, there are already plans to make additions to it. Starting Friday, March 23, Sony will release a brand new in-game Buddy List to coincide with the European launch date.

The list itself will be available as a downloadable patch that's activated automatically when users log in (followed by a quick reboot). Once installed, the update will add a "Buddies" line to the boot screen located underneath the "Play" icon. Your online friends and their current status will be viewable from this hub, and if your friends are online, they can be directly linked through the MotorStorm list.

Sony has also confirmed that the Buddy List has a built-in filter that prevents people from infiltrating a set game list -- users will need to be connected to a buddy to get in.

Yes this is great that means they can add many features to the game with patching:tup: We need time trial and replays next.

Yes this is great that means they can add many features to the game with patching:tup: We need time trial and replays next.
I'll be very surprised if Evolution offers additional gameplay content for free. I'm happy with what I paid for, so if the cost isn't too much, and it offers something I really want, I wont mind paying a small added fee.

A time trial option is going to be automatically added in April, I believe.
Here’s some info on the kind of things that you will be able to pick up on the PSN come April.

If you’ve already managed to take your games through their paces by then, you’ll be able to add some more flavour by downloading different sets of battle dress for your four playable Genji characters. Or if that doesn’t grab you, you can always opt for the school uniform…

There will also the option to customise your car and download a special race event for Ridge Racer, two new playable maps for Resistance: Fall of Man and any PS3 owner playing MotorStorm online will receive Time Trial Mode automatically – you won’t even need to download this one from the Store.

Phew, anyone would think that the European launch day was just around the corner…
www.threespeech.com/

So does that mean the first time you play the game online after this come out it will automatically be added to your HDD? Sounds good either way though

A time trial option is going to be automatically added in April, I believe.
Looking forward to that!

Looks like one of the big complaints is about to be fixed!!

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/774/774900p1.html

March 21, 2007 - Though Evolution Studios' off-road racer MotorStorm has only been out for a couple of weeks, there are already plans to make additions to it. Starting Friday, March 23, Sony will release a brand new in-game Buddy List to coincide with the European launch date.

The list itself will be available as a downloadable patch that's activated automatically when users log in (followed by a quick reboot). Once installed, the update will add a "Buddies" line to the boot screen located underneath the "Play" icon. Your online friends and their current status will be viewable from this hub, and if your friends are online, they can be directly linked through the MotorStorm list.

Sony has also confirmed that the Buddy List has a built-in filter that prevents people from infiltrating a set game list -- users will need to be connected to a buddy to get in.
I just downloaded this new update, and it works really well! 👍

I noticed they made a change in the "ambience" game settings as well, but not sure if its just a nomenclature change.
  • Morning
  • Midday
  • Afternoon (was Cloudy)
  • Evening (was Misty)
  • Dusk
  • Night (was Sunset)

Regardless, the added buddy list feature, and the ability to create a game for only those on your friend's list is a big improvement! 👍👍

One question though, that came up in the Mega PS3 thread:

Hmmm must be a PAL issue, I've only tried the Euro servers, may have to give the Aussie ones a go and see if that's any better.
I'm curious, what servers ("Lobbies") are folks seeing from around the world?

For me, whether I sign in under my US, HK, or UK account, I always get the same lobbies:
  • US CENTRAL
  • US CENTRAL 1
  • US CENTRAL 2 (and so on as each lobby fills up)
  • AUSTRALIA
It appears that the PS3 determines your actual location from its IP address, and will only give you access to lobbies in your "region". Maybe Australia was chosen as a lobby with world wide access?

It might help if people posted the region they are in and what lobbies they see.

Thanks!

I thought this would be more appropriate in here:

This popped up trying to go back online in MotorStorm just now, after it disconnecting me from their network just after a race:

"Error setting Playstation Network user data"

Anyone know what's going on? Don't tell me my data corrupted on their servers...

I wasn't disconnected from my network apparently, because I never got a disconnect message on the top right corner and when it told me to sign back in, it said I already was. It seems their servers went down, and I can't see if they really did.

All this game is missing is a replay mode. I want to see the wicked wipeouts in slow mo! I love this game, ive completed 14 levels so far all 1st place. They are getting harder and harder now lol.. Buggers keep pushing me into rocks :grumpy:

Replay Mode is a must for all racing games and its disturbing that developers dont find this necessary. EA ripped replays from burnout and Need for speed games. If carbon had a nce replay editor that would have made more worth it to me. Motor Storm needs one.

By the way I think "automatic download" for Motor Storm means "update or you cant use the online mode"

Replay Mode is a must for all racing games and its disturbing that developers dont find this necessary. EA ripped replays from burnout and Need for speed games. If carbon had a nce replay editor that would have made more worth it to me. Motor Storm needs one.
Couldn't agree more! Now that they added the much needed "buddy" list, the lack of any replays is now my second biggest complaint about this game.

My bigest complaint is still that you can't race against a friend or family member without having two of everything (PS3, Game, Display) 👎

Other than that, I must admit, MotorStorm has grown on me.

By the way I think "automatic download" for Motor Storm means "update or you cant use the online mode"
If so, it's just as well, as there would be no reason not to update it if you are playing online. :)

Well i had my 1st day off from work since buying a PS3 so i could finally sit down and really play it. In doing so i finished Motorstorm! yay.

A few races at the end were very hard!

Depends on how good you are. I'm finding it quite difficult now half way through the Level 3 tickets. Probably 10-15 hours, maybe 20 for someone like myself.

Back