Motorstorm PS3 - Mega Thread

Yeah I played it last night, and I was like OMG this game is so awesome! specially with the control sensitivity function on :D

I play it a lot with MS with the pickup only, it has a learning curve but its very usable but not a replacement.The tilt steering in RR7 is a joke.

No online play between US and EU Motorstrom players?

http://ps3blog.net/
Well, it does have 7.1 via HDMI which is nice...

That's too bad. Don't they know that online play is a global playing field? It won't detour me from getting it, but it seems like a pretty standard feature for online play.

The full Q&A is here.
They do say "at launch" so maybe they'll change their minds? Supposedly this was due to "latency" concerns -
We made a very careful decision on this based on the latency the user may experience when playing over such distances. We had to ensure this was at a minimum to ensure the chaotic nature of MotorStorm was retained during online play.
I don't think Sony enforced this but I don't think they pushed for it either.

That's too bad. Don't they know that online play is a global playing field? It won't detour me from getting it, but it seems like a pretty standard feature for online play.

Looks like there'll be nobody to play at 4 o'clock in the morning. Sony doesn't want to spoil the kiddies.

I cant wait to get it when The PS3 when it comes out in the UK. I played motorstorm on the TEST PS3 at around christmas time and it was ace, I have played it a few times since and I love it, but it is same version as the one that was released in america and Japan. Apparently European version has been slightly improved but is now almost ready for release so Evo studios are just waiting for the PS3 to be released in the UK.

Ah so its the Gears of War of Racing games then. Shallow, great looking and fun to play. Buying after work whenever it hits the shelves. I'm sure there are a number of PS Store items being made for it. Mic support??? Its on JR!!

YES, finally I can get some comp with you :P

From what I understand, there are already a number of stages that have been created for downloadable content, it's just a matter of "schedule" at this point.

I'll try to get this one within a month or so. Hopefully it doesn't become boring very quickly.

OK, so I picked up Motorstorm & F1CE today, and could not be happier. F1CE is a far better game then the demo suggested, and will be my goto game when time permits.

I'm not to into arcade type driving games, so I don't expect to log a lot of time on Motorstorm - in fact, I really bought it for the nephews when they visit.

That said.... after playing around with it for an hour or so, I must admit Motorstorm is pretty adicting, especially the online play!

Maybe if there are enough people interested we could set-up a game for just GTP players?

Back