Motorstorm Pacific Rift - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Robin
  • 210 comments
Online is great fun, although I haven't really touched the PS3 for the past 2-3 days as I've been ill. However, I did have the chance to play Motorstorm 4 player the other day, that was fun :)

Well done Moglet, that must've taken some time.

Speedster it looked like you said Motorstorm 4 at first glimpse, I was shocked.

I just had an epic moment playing a ranked race on Raingod Spires, I was tailing a monster truck in a monster truck of my own and i had an empty boost bar while he was boosting close to the limit as we entered a big jump. We both hit it in exactly the same direction but I hit it going quicker. On the way down you could see that I was gaining on him and I said out loud to myself "This is going to end so badly".

Sure enough he hit the ground and I landed directly on top of him, his vehicle exploded on impact and I just carried on going :lol:

Simply awesome. Oh, and I'm up to 6,800th in the Ranked Match leaderboards with 212 players beaten, the nearest to me being 240 although there's a guy just at the top of my page with 106! He must have come 1st in every single race!

My stats;
Gold Ranked: 15
Silver Ranked: 4
Bronze Ranked: 1
Races Total: 27

Very pleased with those so far :)

Last edited:
I just had an epic moment playing a ranked race on Raingod Spires, I was tailing a monster truck in a monster truck of my own and i had an empty boost bar while he was boosting close to the limit as we entered a big jump. We both hit it in exactly the same direction but I hit it going quicker. On the way down you could see that I was gaining on him and I said out loud to myself "This is going to end so badly".

Sure enough he hit the ground and I landed directly on top of him, his vehicle exploded on impact and I just carried on going :lol:

Simply awesome. Oh, and I'm up to 6,800th in the Ranked Match leaderboards with 212 players beaten, the nearest to me being 240 although there's a guy just at the top of my page with 106! He must have come 1st in every single race!

My stats;
Gold Ranked: 15
Silver Ranked: 4
Bronze Ranked: 1
Races Total: 27

Very pleased with those so far :)

That's why Raingod Spires is one of my favourite tracks.:sly:

It's quite astonishing that you've only been playing online since yesterday and have already got so far!

I was just doing a singleplayer speed attack on Raingod Spires and it's pretty damn hard! Even though I know that track like the back of my hand and it's one of my favourites. I guess all of the speed events are hard, no matter wht track you're on.

Oh my ****ing god, the level 6 race at Colossus Canyon ('No Escape') is making me want to smash my TV in. I swear it's impossible to come 1st, I have managed a close 2nd but whenever I try to take the route the computer takes to win, I end up falling into a massive hole near the waterfall, whereas they somehow clear the jump even without boosting.

Anyone got any idea how to win it? I've driven perfect races over and over and just can't get any better than 2nd. I want to snap the ****ing disc in half right now :mad:

Oh my ****ing god, the level 6 race at Colossus Canyon ('No Escape') is making me want to smash my TV in. I swear it's impossible to come 1st, I have managed a close 2nd but whenever I try to take the route the computer takes to win, I end up falling into a massive hole near the waterfall, whereas they somehow clear the jump even without boosting.

Anyone got any idea how to win it? I've driven perfect races over and over and just can't get any better than 2nd. I want to snap the ****ing disc in half right now :mad:

Maybe you have to time the jump perfectly and have the perfect angle. And the right vechile. Try too see what they use and then try again.

You are limited to a racing truck for that race, and that's what they're using.

I think it's just the AI level, I'm trying to do a race on Razorback now and I can't do any better than 4th, the AI just keep ganging up on me and forcing me off the track at any oppurtunity. It seems it suffers from the same ridiculous difficulty curve as the original. :mad:

You are limited to a racing truck for that race, and that's what they're using.

I think it's just the AI level, I'm trying to do a race on Razorback now and I can't do any better than 4th, the AI just keep ganging up on me and forcing me off the track at any oppurtunity. It seems it suffers from the same ridiculous difficulty curve as the original. :mad:

Well gang up on them and see how they like it!

Managed to get 2nd in the end, but I definitely can't get 1st, the guy who beat me was about 8 seconds ahead! :( I only got 2nd because I got lucky and got punted round a difficult corner by a truck!

I've reached Level 7 and now the game has just become insanely difficult. I've pretty much given up on the single player because it's simply too hard to enjoy, especially when they decide it will be 'fun' to put you on a bike against a grid full of monster trucks that are able to take quicker routes than you.

Absolutely ridiculous. This game has been ruined for me in single player.

I've reached Level 7 and now the game has just become insanely difficult. I've pretty much given up on the single player because it's simply too hard to enjoy, especially when they decide it will be 'fun' to put you on a bike against a grid full of monster trucks that are able to take quicker routes than you.

Absolutely ridiculous. This game has been ruined for me in single player.

I've given up too, I'm now where near as far as you but I seem to lack the motivation to get any further. I'll probably wait till a friend comes round to see if I can push the boundaries a bit more, or just have fun in splitscreen or online. I mean its still a great game, but it just is still infruitating the higher the level is.

In that case, this game sounds even more promising for me. 👍

One man's poison is another man's treasure.

I have not yet had the time to play MotorStormPR yet, with the exception of some fun offline multi-player games with some friends during a party, however, if what you say is true, then like the first MotorStorm it sounds like I'm going to really enjoy it as I really liked the added challenge in that the further you advance the more the AI takes an aggressive role in trying to stop you.

I like games that have variety and options. Like the original MotorStorm, as long as they give you the option of being in races where the AI is not always out to kill you, and offer some variable gameplay options, I'll be happy!

In the original MotorStorm they also added a Time Trial mode, which was great for a more sim-style mode where your results are based on your abilitity and technique and not impacted by AI or other players, and even had a ghost car option to compare your lap times and techniques with others as well as yourself. 👍

Is that mode also available in MSPR?

Last edited:
In the original MotorStorm they also added a Time Trial mode, which was great for a more sim-style mode where your performance is not impacted by AI or other players, and even had a ghost car option to compare your lap times and techniques with others as well as yourself. 👍

Is that mode also available in MSPR?

Yes, there is a time set by a developer that you have to beat, there a ghost cars too.

I have not yet had the time to play MotorStormPR yet, with the exception of some fun offline multi-player games with some friends during a party, however, if what you say is true, then like the first MotorStorm it sounds like I'm going to really enjoy it as I really liked the added challenge in that the further you advance the more the AI takes an aggressive role in trying to stop you.

I like games that have variety and options. Like the original MotorStorm, as long as they give you the option of being in races where the AI is not always out to kill you, and offer some variable gameplay options, I'll be happy!

For me the challenge was brilliant at level 5 and most of level 6, but now I'm heading towards 7 it's taken a turn for the worse just as the original did. They still tend to set out to kill you at later levels. :(

I had a similar problem with the first motorstorm but it was for the final event that I could not gold no matter what.

Ridge racer on psp was much the same if anyone has played it. I was able to beat all the races up until i reached the one where only 1 in 20 thousand win it. That race is insanely hard.

Just a heads-up, the EU store now has a revised demo (version 2.0) for this game. I have not compared it to the original demo, nor have I read what the difference are between the two.

EDIT:

I just downloaded the new demo, and from what I can tell so far the difference is that you get a new course, Razorback, which is frankly what they should have used in the first place as it is not only longer than Rain God Spires, but it is also a more compelling course what with the bigger jumps, waterfalls, and water crossings.

The new demo also replaces the racing truck with a buggy, but the other vehicle choices remain unchanged with the same bike and monster truck as before.

The only other difference that I have spotted is that in Split-Screen mode, it now has a 12 car field instead of 8.

Last edited:
So Evoloution have listened to the fans saying that the demo should have a more exciting track. Even though Raingod Spires is my favourite, and best - at, track.

I just downloaded the new demo, and from what I can tell so far the difference is that you get a new course, Razorback, which is frankly what they should have used in the first place as it is not only longer than Rain God Spires, but it is also a more compelling course what with the bigger jumps, waterfalls, and water crossings.

Razorback is one of my favourite tracks, that jump by the waterfall is immense, and the last bit as you fly through the caves is always intense. Have you tried the alternative route down the caves, through the river, yet? It generally only works in larger vehicles.

Razorback is one of my favourite tracks, that jump by the waterfall is immense, and the last bit as you fly through the caves is always intense. Have you tried the alternative route down the caves, through the river, yet? It generally only works in larger vehicles.

No, but I will now - thanks! 👍

I have to say that this is one the best games ever, very intense.

I have read a number of post but cannot find out what next, I have finished with a gold in every race but still have one or two locked races left in each zone.

What do I need to do to unlock and play these bad boys.

Thanks for any help

Which races do you still need to do? :)

Trying to get all my Bronze races to Silver or Gold but i'm stuck at the Air Zone Race 22. can get 3rd best but most of time its 5+, so anyone tips for me ? :)

After try 350 its done :/ and i dont know why it did work now but i choose a different racing car.

Now to the gold :P

Last edited:
At the moment I am stuck with the level 8 races. I have gold for everything else and instantly can only do a best of bronze on level 8. I am simply nowhere near the leader anymore from being able to win by 1-2 seconds quite easily. Wish the game had a less steep difficulty increase.

At the moment I am stuck with the level 8 races. I have gold for everything else and instantly can only do a best of bronze on level 8. I am simply nowhere near the leader anymore from being able to win by 1-2 seconds quite easily. Wish the game had a less steep difficulty increase.

Level8 can be pain in the <fill in blanks here>

Some things i (try to) do:
- Never give up if the first lap goes bad, sometimes you even win.
- As said above AI in front of you will slow down, so most of the time if youre somewhere 3-4-5th in the race on lap 2 then they will not go mega fast in the last lap
- Save boost for the last parts of the races, not using boost also seems to help, in elimination rounds its needed some times but i try to avoid it untill last part of the race.
- Practice the last part of a track since its boosting to the finish line
- Have luck (dunno how though :grumpy: )

Have all races gold EXCEPT tidal takedown ... its just insane that race.
Anyone with tips for the track and bikes/atv is welcome 👍
Hopefully the AI will crash in the last part or so.

I have noticed that the AI tends to make faults when the race nears completion and you drove pretty decent during the full race, most of the time I was around fourth-second spot at the start of the final lap, but came first somehow.

The tidal takedown (i believe it was on Beachcomber) is very hard indeed. I just used the route of the large vehicles on the beach, and took the easiest way to the straight line (varied from time to time). Just pray you are never caught by one of the trucks :D

It also helps to put some good music in the background, you will get less frustrated when you fall from first to third in the last corner :P (in my case: Thank God for Tool)

I've got the platinum trophy for this game but it has definately cost some years of my life...

I seem to have hit a snag in my motorstorm game. I have 95/96 showing as my completion for the runner up torphy/achievement. However I have gotten at least gold or silver in all 96 races. Ontop of that I went back and did that last race I believed the glitch occured on and got a gold the second time around and still got nothing.

Any tips?

Redid the last 5 odd races I had gotten gold and that fixed the problem.

Anybody still play this? Anyone interested in some online racing?

After not being terrifically impressed by the first demo, I just played the second demo and I am considerably more impressed! Being able to take a short cut down the river is amazing, and graphics are absolutely incredible when you are driving through the water - even measured against the superb detail of Wipeout or GT5P in 1080p, this takes some beating. Definitely going to have to put this on my Amazon wishlist!

I beat this game a few months ago. I put it back into my ps3 for some fun and i forgot how ridiculously difficult it could be at some times.

I created an event a sugar rush and set the difficulty to hard..OMG...i actually exploded by hitting a barrel strewn on the floor..that was not cool....

Motorstorm: PR can be one devilishly hard game...

Back