Motorstorm Pacific Rift - The Official Thread

• Thread starter Robin
  • 210 comments
I have to confess that I just almost wet myself with excitement when Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy came on while I was racing :D I cranked it so damn loud the engine notes and music were shaking my iMac, my parents went mental but it was worth it.

This game is EPIC FUN! No other words to describe it!

EDIT: I just raced on The Edge, it's the biggest thrill I've ever had in a game. I took the right hand route and actually started laughing at the amount of air I got! When you're flying along boosting to about 80mph on a cliff edge where the camber is designed to make you fall off, and you're battling for position with another car, and then someone lands on your roof on a bike and explodes sending pieces of their bike flying all over the place, you can't help but smile.

The sound effects just as you're going to land when getting big air are spot on, as are the visual effects when you land, as if you've landed so hard it hurt. It's a small touch but it makes a fair bit of difference.

Last edited:
I'm having a bit of a problem with this game, I've completed a time trial of Razorback and wanted to see how my time did on the global leaderboards, but it doesn't let me view it! I got a 1.48.88 which puts me fairly high up on the boards but when I select the filter to show 'Player Position' it shows me everyone from 1.51 and slower.

Does anyone know what's going on?

EDIT: OK, it's showing up now. I'm 553rd which I'm happy with considering I've only been playing the game for 4 hours or so!

Yay an Aphex Fan, do you like Au-ziq too btw?

Yeah, I love most IDM and electro stuff! My favourites are Aphex Twin, μ-Ziq, Squarepusher, M83, Epic45, Amon Tobin and Boards of Canada. 👍

Last edited:
Honestly I fell in love when I first heard Hasty Boom Alert by U-ziq

Oops bit off topic now, does anyone have a soundtrack list anyway?

Here you go, the ones in bold are my favourites;

"In Your Machine" by Alex Metric
"Trickstep (Pacific Rift Remix)" by Amon Tobin
"Fire Fire Fire" by Animal Alpha
"Come To Daddy (Pappy Mix)" by Aphex Twin
"Gimme What You Got (Alex Metric Remix)" by Black Daniel
"Red Velvet V.I.P." by Black Sun Empire & State Of Mind
"Show Me The Way" by Black Tide
"Twist Up" by Bodysnatchers
"Lava Lava" by Boys Noize
"Sick Sick Sick" by Queens Of The Stone Age
"I Ain't Your Savior" by Bullets and Octane
"Soul To Waste (MotorStorm Edit)" by Cut In The Hill Gang
"Zombie Dance (MotorStorm Edit)" by Hervé
"Wolf Cub (Pacific Rift Edit)" by The Exploders
"Jesus Built My Hotrod" by Ministry
"Swap Meet (Diplo MotorStorm Remix)" by Nirvana
"Tarantula" by Pendulum feat. Fresh, $pyda & Tenor Fly
"Stompbox" by The Qemists
"Speed Freak (MotorStorm Remix)" by The Qemists
"New Tattoo" by Saving Abel
"Sulfur" by Slipknot
"Parachute" by Simian Mobile Disco
"Lalula (Instrumental)" by Supa Bajo
"Weapons" by Ulterior
"Groundhog (MotorStorm Re-edit)" by Noisia
"Pure Rock Fury" by Clutch
"Queen Bitch" by David Bowie
"Blood On Our Hands (Justice Remix)" by Death From Above 1979
"Romantic Rights (Erol Alkins Re-edit)" by Death From Above 1979
"Chainsaw" by DJ Fresh (This is the kind of music I love to play it to, seems to make it better!
"Everybody Needs A 303 (Plump DJ's Remix)" by Fatboy Slim

"Black Glove (Bloody Beetroots Remix)" by Goose
"Liquid Lives (Noisia Instrumental Mix)" by Hadouken!
"No Pun Intended" by The Hives
"Move Through Me" by In Flames
"Phat Planet" by Leftfield
"Davidian" by Machine Head
"Influence" by March
"Sleepwalker" by Megadeth
"Mind Control" by Nick Thayer
"Western Soul (Aphrodite Remix - MotorStorm Dub)" by Parker feat. Rasco
"Slasher" by The Planets
"Necro Hex Blues" by Primal Scream
"Caverns Of Mind" by Saviours
"Golden Dawn" by South Central
"Trash" by The Whip

At the minute though I'm building up my ultimate Motorstorm soundtrack consisting of various types of Electro, IDM, Drum n Bass and Breaks, and possibly some Dubstep thrown in for good measure. 👍

To be honest, I tend to switch the Custom Soundtrack on, I'm not a fan really of electro stuff and apart from two tracks (The Hives and Queens of the Stone Age) the rest I don't really like.

Oh if people are wondering how to access the custom soundtrack, enter your in-game XMB and just select a playlist!

Oh if people are wondering how to access the custom soundtrack, enter your in-game XMB and just select a playlist!

Is the custom sountrack volume in this game like really high in proportion to the environmental sounds? Because its totally unuseable on MCLA because you can't turn it down enough even on the lowest setting. Was just wondering if its an issue with that game or other which use custom sountracks.

Robin.

Is the custom sountrack volume in this game like really high in proportion to the environmental sounds? Because its totally unuseable on MCLA because you can't turn it down enough even on the lowest setting. Was just wondering if its an issue with that game or other which use custom sountracks.

Robin.

You can adjust it as you would normal music, to either drown out the sound effects or play quietly behind them. It does tend to be quite quiet though as the sound effects are so OTT.

I've got about halfway through the game now and it's still mostly enjoyable, but whoever made the Speed challenges up needs shooting. First off, the gate after the one you're just about to hit should clearly be marked instead of invisible and I'm currently on one speed challenge that I swear is impossible. You're forced into using a big rig at Razorback and due to the way the next checkpoint isn't marked, it's stupidly difficult to guess where the next one is going to be. It's stupidly frustrating.

Last edited:
gentlmen some help please? first of all, this game is about as intense as having a threesome with two penthouse models, while jumping out of an airplane naked and with your hair on fire. good god i have no idea how this game got anything less than a 10 on any review. anyway. i finally completed 99% of the tickets yet for some wierd reason the last ticket on fire zone is still locked. I have Gold an every single ticket yet that sole remaining ticket is not available...any ideas?

gentlmen some help please? first of all, this game is about as intense as having a threesome with two penthouse models, while jumping out of an airplane naked and with your hair on fire. good god i have no idea how this game got anything less than a 10 on any review. anyway. i finally completed 99% of the tickets yet for some wierd reason the last ticket on fire zone is still locked. I have Gold an every single ticket yet that sole remaining ticket is not available...any ideas?

Have you checked you've done every single time/wreck challenge? I'm only at level 6 at the minute so I'm not sure about unlocking the final challenges...

^ that was the case :) the event just before the final event in fire zone requires to place 1st within 4:40, with a big rig or a monster truck. Completed it with the rig but not in time. I finally got it done with the Monster boosting like a mad man. cheers moglet

^ that was the case :) the event just before the final event in fire zone requires to place 1st within 4:40, with a big rig or a monster truck. Completed it with the rig but not in time. I finally got it done with the Monster boosting like a mad man. cheers moglet

Well done you've completed the game!:sly:

This game is as fun as hell, and damn hard! The fire zone is my least favourite, it's evil. Pure evil. Any tips to stop me failing all the fire zone races? I know I get under water where possible so I can actually boost a bit and get the fire of my vehcile, but all that time and effort trying to get to the water spray just slows me down even more.

Well done you've completed the game!:sly:

This game is as fun as hell, and damn hard! The fire zone is my least favourite, it's evil. Pure evil. Any tips to stop me failing all the fire zone races? I know I get under water where possible so I can actually boost a bit and get the fire of my vehcile, but all that time and effort trying to get to the water spray just slows me down even more.

I usually just ignore the overheating problem. Just boost as you would normally but avoid overheating, don't try too hard to aim for the water jet areas as it will just slow you down. On some tracks the water jet areas will naturally occur on your route, those are the only ones worth going through.

My least favourite track is the fire zone one where you end up racing through a forest at the end, I can't remember the name but it's damn evil! Sooo many different routes through the trees and inbetween the rock crevices filled with lava.

I usually just ignore the overheating problem. Just boost as you would normally but avoid overheating, don't try too hard to aim for the water jet areas as it will just slow you down. On some tracks the water jet areas will naturally occur on your route, those are the only ones worth going through.

My least favourite track is the fire zone one where you end up racing through a forest at the end, I can't remember the name but it's damn evil! Sooo many different routes through the trees and inbetween the rock crevices filled with lava.

Yeah, it's ok to say that all the fire tracks are damn hard. For some reason I just have an urge to go and get water, I find it gives me way more boost but it just slows me down so much. I can't resist, but I'll have to in order to win these races!

The fire tracks are very difficult, they're designed to be punishing and severe, especially if you're riding an ATV or bike, the slightest misjudged jump or turn and you'll be heading towards a sharp rock! I tend to just go with the flow on them and try not to make too many enemies since they will come back and ram you off the road later on in the race. I'm still struggling with a lot of them though.

My favourite races are in the Air section, they're fairly challenging a lot of the time but also brilliant fun and enable you to build up a lot of speed. That's something that annoys me about the Fire races, they're so damn tight and twist you never really get to use the boost to it's full advantage, especially when it's overheating on you!

If you want some races then add me on PSN and I'll try and get some other members involved too. It would be amazing to have a really hectic GTP race.

The fire tracks are very difficult, they're designed to be punishing and severe, especially if you're riding an ATV or bike, the slightest misjudged jump or turn and you'll be heading towards a sharp rock! I tend to just go with the flow on them and try not to make too many enemies since they will come back and ram you off the road later on in the race. I'm still struggling with a lot of them though.

My favourite races are in the Air section, they're fairly challenging a lot of the time but also brilliant fun and enable you to build up a lot of speed. That's something that annoys me about the Fire races, they're so damn tight and twist you never really get to use the boost to it's full advantage, especially when it's overheating on you!

If you want some races then add me on PSN and I'll try and get some other members involved too. It would be amazing to have a really hectic GTP race.

Yeah, I love the air ticket, they're great fun, I also love the earth and water tickets, but I hate fire, it's just too evil for my liking.

I've added you, I've only played online once so this is only my second online race so that's why I've got a low rank.

I've never even tried it online and I'm only halfway through the game, so my rank will be very low and I'll probably not be very good either!

I'm about a quarter way through, today I just unlocked a new vechile class. I didn't releaise you unlocked these vechile classes so it was quite a suprise, they're great.

I'm about a quarter way through, today I just unlocked a new vechile class. I didn't releaise you unlocked these vechile classes so it was quite a suprise, they're great.

Yeah, once you've reached a certain level you stop unlocking new classes and just get new variations on the vehicles. The monster trucks are good fun, but when they hit you, you get slaughtered. But when you try to attack the AI when you're driving one you just bounce off their cars! It's a bit annoying to say the least.

Yeah, once you've reached a certain level you stop unlocking new classes and just get new variations on the vehicles. The monster trucks are good fun, but when they hit you, you get slaughtered. But when you try to attack the AI when you're driving one you just bounce off their cars! It's a bit annoying to say the least.

Oh, no I typed that wrong- I was meant to say that I unlocked a new vechile varation. (but I did unlock a vechile class though, at the same time as the vechile varation) They're superb, loads of designs to choose from. One of the things I like about this game is the variety, there's so much to choose from, whilst the first Motorstorm had a lack of variety.

I get rammed off a few times by the AI then just ignore them...it's the best thing to do methinks.

If the AI rams me off, I wait until they're infront of me and then boost into them as fast as possible beeping the horn. It usually sends them flying into a rock. ;)

If the AI rams me off, I wait until they're infront of me and then boost into them as fast as possible beeping the horn. It usually sends them flying into a rock. ;)

In the later races you'll notice that the rubberband effect gets quite annoying. You can use your whole boost and still have the AI right at your door. It's very upsetting when you are on a bike or an ATV, monster trucks and big rigs tend to be driven by the devil in this game. It gets very very hard on the final events so you'll need to boost like hell and have luck on your side, beacause on some of the events driving perfectly sometimes isn't enough :(

That's the main reason why I didn't realy like the original Motorstorm, and not going to buy this one.
It doesn't reward driving skill, it's just based on luck. You just have to hope that you can pass the AI just before the finish line.

In the later races you'll notice that the rubberband effect gets quite annoying. You can use your whole boost and still have the AI right at your door. It's very upsetting when you are on a bike or an ATV, monster trucks and big rigs tend to be driven by the devil in this game. It gets very very hard on the final events so you'll need to boost like hell and have luck on your side, beacause on some of the events driving perfectly sometimes isn't enough :(

I'm starting to notice this on the races I'm currently taking part in. At the moment most of them are balanced just right as they're tough and exciting without being too difficult but I reckon that soon they'll get too hard for me. :indiff:

I'm not looking forward to future Speed events either, they're so damn tough!

I'm starting to notice this on the races I'm currently taking part in. At the moment most of them are balanced just right as they're tough and exciting without being too difficult but I reckon that soon they'll get too hard for me. :indiff:

I'm not looking forward to future Speed events either, they're so damn tough!

I've sent you a friend invite on PSN, are you online now?

I had the most awesome race once you left just now, me and that guy in the monster truck were battling it out towards the end, I had been in 2nd the entire race, and just as we reached the finish line we both boosted as hard as we could and exploded over the finish line, but as we did I edged ahead of him and won the race :D

I had the most awesome race once you left just now, me and that guy in the monster truck were battling it out towards the end, I had been in 2nd the entire race, and just as we reached the finish line we both boosted as hard as we could and exploded over the finish line, but as we did I edged ahead of him and won the race :D

Nice one, was that the guy who won the race in Kakak(whatever it's called) Bay?

Nice one, was that the guy who won the race in Kakak(whatever it's called) Bay?

Yeah that was the guy!
I've been racing online all afternoon, I'm already at the 2nd silver badge (same as Speedster off here) and have beat 77 players. I just checked the rankings and to get to the level I'm at most people have had to beat well over 100! I'm quite pleased with my results so far. I've found it very easy to win online, the last race I beat a load of high level players by 13 seconds :lol:

Back