Multi-threaded CPU benchmark replacement for Super Pi: wPrime

• Thread starter G.T
  • 42 comments
Ive yet to test at 4Ghz, not sure what number ill pull there

Anyone here got an E8400, E8500, or E8600? All will hit 4Ghz on stock volts an cooler

Last edited:
Holy thread resurrection! And there was me wondering why my app looks so different.

Anyway, is this fast enough for you?

I'll sit here happy until Pako comes along...

Nice time Giles, Pako should be close to that, I dont know how many mid-4 Ghz runs hes willing to do with his EE

The fastest ive seen is a little over 4 seconds, but that was with Dual QX 9775's @ 4.7 Ghz

Thanks! I think I could push my rig to 4.2 - certainly for a short period - but I'm happy with the performance & stability at 3.8. Also, I've still got hyperthreading and speedstep enabled, so I'm making best use of the processor's capabilities.

Holy thread resurrection! And there was me wondering why my app looks so different.
Thats not the Multi-thread version.

Edit: It is the right version. I ran 1.55 and my score was 14.99 then I ran 2.00 and ran 15.437
I'm sure I could get a better score but I don't feel like messing with my OC. These times were rum 2.8 ghz

Last edited:
8.66 seconds. The software doesn't seem to be reading my system right haha. It's an i7 860 @ 3ghz:

wprime1.jpg

wprime2.jpg

G.T
8.66 seconds. The software doesn't seem to be reading my system right haha. It's an i7 860 @ 3ghz:

Speedstep downclocks it when it doesn't need the power. The reading was probably taken at or near idle.

Nope I was in turbo mode so it was at 3ghz the whole time according to PC Wizard. The wPrime software doesn't seem to update itself realtime.

wprime3.jpg

Still at 3ghz though...

Last edited:
Speedstep downclocks it when it doesn't need the power. The reading was probably taken at or near idle.

Yeah, I used Prime95 to crank the processor whilst wPrime was getting the hardware info. That's how mine shows the correct clock speed.

Back