Mystery July Car Pack

• Thread starter neddyie118
  • 340 comments
No one pack would make anyone happy... Unless it was free and had about... 200 cars?
It would need 20 muscle cars, 20 hyper cars, 20 limited production super cars, 20 concept cars, 20 classic sports cars, 60 classic Japanese cars, etc.

Honestly closer to 1000.

And the addition of some of those cars would offend them, making it ****.

Well something like Community Classic Pack from FM3 could be done
I wouldn't doubt that this is something that happens as it is. I would imagine that they do get ideas from wishlists threads, and find a reasonable vehicle to introduce. Maybe not every car, but I would imagine that be something that happens.

No one pack would make anyone happy... Unless it was free and had about... 200 cars?
It would need 20 muscle cars, 20 hyper cars, 20 limited production super cars, 20 concept cars, 20 classic sports cars, 60 classic Japanese cars, etc.

Honestly closer to 1000.

And the addition of some of those cars would offend them, making it ****.

And Passat W8 wouldn't be there. Just like DB7 GT and XKR R Performance. But we would have boring Silvia S14 (not even Nismo 270R), more hypercars, more muscle cars, more JDM. It would definetly satisfy lots of people.

But element of surprise and creativity would disappear.

The car wish list thread is 160 pages with 25 posts per page and some posts have nearly 20 cars. If we say one car per post we are looking at 4000 cars.

Nobody will ever be happy lol.

Also, the McLaren was the worse car in the pack and the racing truck is kinda whistley sounding.

The car wish list thread is 160 pages with 25 posts per page and some posts have nearly 20 cars. If we say one car per post we are looking at 4000 cars.

Nobody will ever be happy lol.

Also, the McLaren was the worse car in the pack and the racing truck is kinda whistley sounding.
Maybe they should just count lol or make something GTPlanet suggestion forum (reality is that 99% percent of people would be happy with just first 100 faves for a long time)
But we can stop with this now

Well sadly the Isetta is pretty much useless in terms of tuning. Throwing everything you can at the stock engine still isn't enough to make the top of E, while putting any of the engine swaps in really highlights how it exists on the very edges of what the physics engine can tolerate.

The truck is surprisingly grippy. I really enjoy driving it even if it isn't competitive.

Epic sense of entitlement manifesting itself in this thread. There are at least tens, probably hundreds of thousands of players of Forza right now, all of whom like this car, don't like that car, etc etc. It's not possible to please all of the people all of the time but Turn 10 do a pretty good job of mixing things up and at least trying, and being original about it too. Of course having a pretty open mind and just loving cars goes a long way also =)

Oh my god.

You can put a turbo twin-rotor with an AWD swap in the Isseta. 631hp/400lbft and just 1266lbs.

It's amazing.

28191929351_bd711cb5d6_o.jpg
IssetaDrift1 by MintyTS, on Flickr

28270006125_d563e106cb_o.jpg
IssetaDrift2 by MintyTS, on Flickr

I was planning on trying out the truck first, but curiosity got the better of me and this thing is insane. It's super twitchy even after 20 minutes of tuning, but if you can predict it it actually drifts pretty well.

The Ford is as hardcore as I expected, I love it. The Jag, too, is a load of fun. The Isetta is adorable. Also, I like the truck, but I wish they made it driveable in the 3rd person camera. Haven't gotten to the others yet.

Oh my god.

You can put a turbo twin-rotor with an AWD swap in the Isseta. 631hp/400lbft and just 1266lbs.

It's amazing.

28191929351_bd711cb5d6_o.jpg
IssetaDrift1 by MintyTS, on Flickr

28270006125_d563e106cb_o.jpg
IssetaDrift2 by MintyTS, on Flickr

I was planning on trying out the truck first, but curiosity got the better of me and this thing is insane. It's super twitchy even after 20 minutes of tuning, but if you can predict it it actually drifts pretty well.

Ohh tell me that Mighty Mouse livery is up for grabs?

They should really release fanservice pack like they did it with FM3 last DLC. No car younger than 15 years was in it

My point was that I wish pricing on individual cars was a tad more civilized. It wasn't about the cars and how they were selected.

Epic sense of entitlement manifesting itself in this thread. There are at least tens, probably hundreds of thousands of players of Forza right now, all of whom like this car, don't like that car, etc etc. It's not possible to please all of the people all of the time but Turn 10 do a pretty good job of mixing things up and at least trying, and being original about it too.

Uncalled for. Entitlement would in this case be characterized by blaming Turn 10 for not acknowledging particular preferences. Who did that here? Your comment is similar to those saying "no one is forcing you to buy it" after someone voices an unfavorable but fair opinion.

Of course having a pretty open mind and just loving cars goes a long way also =)

You aren't quite forcing people to buy the pack now, but is it much different to encourage? :D

Holy... WOW! Well this is a surprise! can't wait to try this pack in like... now!

I'm still waiting for the E60 M5, but hey, at least we got a BMW! And that Mercedes truck is quite the treat. Can't wait to drive that thing. Being a Truck Simulator enthusiast myself, this is a real gift. Thank you T10!

My point was that I wish pricing on individual cars was a tad more civilized. It wasn't about the cars and how they were selected.

Uncalled for. Entitlement would in this case be characterized by blaming Turn 10 for not acknowledging particular preferences. Who did that here? Your comment is similar to those saying "no one is forcing you to buy it" after someone voices an unfavorable but fair opinion.

You aren't quite forcing people to buy the pack now, but is it much different to encourage? :D
There's honestly no reason to not buy the whole pack really. I've had seriously good fun with all the cars.

There's honestly no reason to not buy the whole pack really. I've had seriously good fun with all the cars.

I'll admit to not having much interest in some cars – the Ford is technically impressive, but I've no real knowledge of it – but that's arguably one of the joys of these sorts of games: uncovering previously-unknown stars. A few cars that were introduced to me in GT became some of my favourites, so I've no doubt it can happen in Forza too. I'm curious to try the Ford based on how much I enjoyed the Coyote in FM5... if I can pull myself away from the truck long enough.

Good to hear, but I'll rather spend money on packs where I actually want 3-4 of the cars. I can definitely wait if these will show up in the next FM game. If not, I'll still survive by having fun with the cars already at my disposal.

I'll admit to not having much interest in some cars – the Ford is technically impressive, but I've no real knowledge of it – but that's arguably one of the joys of these sorts of games: uncovering previously-unknown stars. A few cars that were introduced to me in GT became some of my favourites, so I've no doubt it can happen in Forza too. I'm curious to try the Ford based on how much I enjoyed the Coyote in FM5... if I can pull myself away from the truck long enough.
It's tricky as a car fan to remember that there was a time when all cars were new to us. Most cars we are accustomed to now, there's a a nice magic feeling in their familiarity, like they are family or something lol. So when strange cars pop up up you don't have that connection, it's built through getting to know them like you said.

If you want examples of people still saying "me no likey" because this or that car is boring, and why can't they somehow cater to all, just re-read the thread. I'm not going to single out particular posts that mention specific models/types of car. My last sentence was just emphasising the fact that if you only like some types of car, based on speed, sports classification or whatever else, you are less likely to be pleased with the DLC packs. I stand by my point that some people can't differentiate between what they want, and what the majority of people want.

Are we seriously going to bring more drama in here?!

Like, for real, this pack has been very well-received and there's got to be one guy who poisons the mood. Don't you love the Internet sometimes? :rolleyes:

I have just took the BMW Isetta around the Nurburgring Nordschief (Sorry if i miss-spelt it) and my time was...
(Drum roll)
Time: 17:41.653 :gtpflag:

Slow and steady wins the race. ;D

Are we seriously going to bring more drama in here?!

Like, for real, this pack has been very well-received and there's got to be one guy who poisons the mood. Don't you love the Internet sometimes? :rolleyes:

Slow and steady wins the race. ;D

Agreed, it's a great and varied pack, as we've come to expect from Turn 10, just a shame there are those who still complain because it doesn't fit their exact requirements, and have to be negative :)

If you want examples of people still saying "me no likey" because this or that car is boring, and why can't they somehow cater to all, just re-read the thread. I'm not going to single out particular posts that mention specific models/types of car. My last sentence was just emphasising the fact that if you only like some types of car, based on speed, sports classification or whatever else, you are less likely to be pleased with the DLC packs. I stand by my point that some people can't differentiate between what they want, and what the majority of people want.
Yeah, I'm going to have to call bs on that, unless you can call out specifics. I have been following the threadof and on, and while I have seen people being not to fond of every car in the pack, there was still praise for the pack in general.

It is not being entitled when you like some cars and not the other, it's called personal preference. It's also not being entitled when you don't like something alot of people seem to like, that is also just personal preference. It would be entitled to point out the game being horrible because so and so car is/isn't there, which doesn't look to be happening whatsoever.

Back