• 298 comments

Furinkazen

Sim Racing Organiser
Premium
United Kingdom
Blackburn
Furinkazen_54
CAR / MECHANICAL:
~Any NASCAR car on Gran Turismo 5 is allowed, including that rare beast the Gamestop Camry
~Limited power to 502hp. This will be enforced through a power restriction in-game. However, sometimes the game does count you in as it rounds your power up to 503hp. This is allowed
~Set up is free for you to use. Customise and modify at will.
~Tyres are restricted to Racing Hard compund.
~Driving aids are set to OFF for all Oval events. However, on Road Courses, TCS only is permitted.

RACE:
~Mechanical Damage will be ON LIMITED - changed because of people's suggestions
~Fuel Use and Tyre Wear is On
~Grip Reduction is Realistic
~No cautions - you mess up then you will have to race hard to get back in contention.

CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR & POINTS SCORING:
~The series will comprise of up to 15 events. NC denotes Non Championship events.

NC - Daytona Superspeedway - GTP Shootout (20 Laps, Non Championship Race) ~RACED~
01 - GTP Daytona 250 @ Daytona Superspeedway - Season opening race. (100 laps) Our answer to the Daytona 500. ~RACED~
02 - Indianapolis (40 laps) ~RACED~

03 - Daytona Superspeedway (50 Laps)
04 - Monza No Chicane (20 laps). Included as it appears to be a popular track.
05 - High Speed Ring (40 Laps)
06 - Daytona Superspeedway (30 laps)
07 - Daytona Road Course (20 Laps)
08 - Indianapolis Road Course (20 Laps)
09 - GTP Brickyard 200 - (80 Laps). Our own version of the Brickyard 400
10 - Laguna Seca Raceway (25 Laps)
11 - Indianapolis Superspeedway (50 Laps)
12 - Suzuka East (30 laps). NASCAR held an exhibition race in 1997 at Suzuka East.
13 - Daytona Superspeedway (50 laps)

~We will use a tweaked NASCAR Points System.
01 - 20pts
02 - 18
03 - 16
04 - 14
05 - 12
06 - 11
07 - 10
08 - 9
09 - 8
10 - 7
11 - 6
12 - 5
13 - 4
14 - 3
15 - 2
16 - 1

2 point bonus per win as well

+1 For leading a lap
+1 For leading the most laps
+1 For Pole Position

~MustangRyan has kindly agreed to look at replays and sort out the points.

MISC RULES:
~Bump drafting is going to be more important than ever with restrictor-plate racing. But don't drive each other off on Lap 1 guys!!!
~Microphones are disabled to equalise the field and speed up connections.
~Each race weekend will have a 1-hour practise session.

nascar03a.jpg

Questions, comments, and entrants please put on this thread - DO NOT PSN or PM me.

Good luck to all, and let's pull those belts tight one more time![/CENTER]

CURRENT POINTS AFTER 2 RACES:

1. RFLX_Niop 41 points LEADER(1 win)
2. Droptop2001gt 39 points -2 (1 win)
3. Furinkazen 29 points -11
4. DiegoC1980 19 points -21
5. Jtsharkin9 19 points -21
6. GTP_BlacqueJack 15 points -26
6. Dararo23 15 points -26
8. GTP_Akmuq 13 points -28
9. The Boyce 12 points -29
10. GTP_Mouliouna 11 points -30
10. Knelly 11 points -30
12. Nascarfans0 9 points -32
12. NitrouStang96 9 points -32

Last edited:
I respect your plans for the series, I've been thinking alot of creating a series over the last week or so. :sly:

The only issue I can see is will people enter, because the new NASCAR game is coming out soon. However, I could be wrong and good luck with the series. 👍

I would consider doing another series if there was heavy damage, but having no damage only encourages the type of racers that I wish to stay away from.

I am one of the four that runs GTN and I can tell you heavy damage is the way to go IMO. We are in week 6 of our 12 week season and it has been extremely successful.

Also, are you going to have qualifing or is the starting order going to be inverted order of points, or random or what?? I like your schedule but what day of the week and what time of day will the races take place?? I do like the length of your races. We had longer races in GTN and we shorten them down to roughly 90 minute races and that has worked great.

Also can you use different cars every week or do you have to stick to the same car all season? Certain cars work better on certain tracks and so you end up with mutiply cars of a certain name after drivers begin to see which cars work the best.

Lastly, is there going to be no bonus for winning?? NASCAR gives a bonus for winning the race which gives more drivers a reason for sticking around the league hoping they can get back in contention if they go on a winning streak. What you will find is there will be a drop off in race attendance after the first couple races if the same drivers keep winning. So the more you can do to encourage drivers who get off to a bad start will help your league prosper. PM me if you have any other questions that I may be able to help you with. And GL with your league. If your not racing on Saturday night I might be interested in bringing some of our guys and joining. GTN voted to allow driving aids and I would be interested in trying out a league that didn't use them.

Damage and fuel use and tyre wear will be reintroduced. After all, with racing Hard Tyres it does standardise things a bit. I'll reintroduce it if people want so. That appears to be the case.

Weekend races are the plan.

Different Cars? We are all using NASCAR's. You will be allowed 2 for now. 1 for Road Courses and 1 for Ovals.

Also, prizes on offer for some races and the championship.

Will update first post later.

Dependent on times and date, fuel and tyre wear (you need to have this), I would like to be added.

PSN : Knelly
Car : #18

Good work and good luck.

Dependent on times and date, fuel and tyre wear (you need to have this), I would like to be added.

PSN : Knelly
Car : #18

Good work and good luck.

Post changed. DAMAGE is ON and so is FUEL USE AN TYRE WEAR You guys think we should have a 5-race chase for the cup?

Also, if I get more than 16 entries, I may get some people in order.

When are you planning the first week to start?? I am curious to see what the new NASCAR game is going to be like. I for one am not expecting too much out of that game. If it is the flop most expect it to be then I am going to be back to enjoying the NASCAR side of GT5. But it is going to be hard to get a league going until everyone sees what the new game is going to be like, IMO.

If your league starts after the new game comes out and it isn't on Saturday night, and you have damage (perferably heavy), and you have pits then I am in. I also have probably 4 others that will come over with me.

Lets see...

After 10 races, the top 8 get reset at 500 points,

1st 500
2nd 499
3rd 498
4th 497
5th 496
6th 495
7th 494
8th 493

Maybe a 1 point bonus for winning a race prior to the chase... and anyone who won a race but didn't make the chase (Including the all-star events) as well?

When are you planning the first week to start?? I am curious to see what the new NASCAR game is going to be like. I for one am not expecting too much out of that game. If it is the flop most expect it to be then I am going to be back to enjoying the NASCAR side of GT5. But it is going to be hard to get a league going until everyone sees what the new game is going to be like, IMO.

If your league starts after the new game comes out and it isn't on Saturday night, and you have damage (perferably heavy), and you have pits then I am in. I also have probably 4 others that will come over with me.

Saturday night (GMT) races. 1 hour practise / qualifying session and then the race. Start date depends on when I get some more entries.

26 March or 02 april look like good dates

Lets see...

After 10 races, the top 8 get reset at 500 points,

1st 500
2nd 499
3rd 498
4th 497
5th 496
6th 495
7th 494
8th 493

Maybe a 1 point bonus for winning a race prior to the chase... and anyone who won a race but didn't make the chase (Including the all-star events) as well?

I reckon if you got points system like real life, then might aswell do bonus points like real life ?

3 bonus points for a win and 1 point for leading a lap, then a extra point for leading the most laps.

As long as damage is on, fuel/tire wear is on, and all of our races will be COMPLETED by 10pm GMT (5pm EST), I'm in. I'll be in the #42 car.

How about a race at Monza and LeMans with no chicanes?

Last edited:
As long as damage is on, fuel/tire wear is on, and all of our races will be COMPLETED by 10pm GMT (5pm EST), I'm in. I'll be in the #42 car.

How about a race at Monza and LeMans with no chicanes?

Same here, if races are over by 5 or even 6 eastern I could still make the GTN events. If it doesn't start until April I should have the points wrapped up in the GTN league by then and won't need to put as much time into setups over there. So yeah count me in.

I reckon if you got points system like real life, then might aswell do bonus points like real life ?

3 bonus points for a win and 1 point for leading a lap, then a extra point for leading the most laps.

Who is going to count who leads what lap?

MrMulsanne
Who is going to count who leads what lap?
You would have to watch the race replay to see who led a lap. With no cautions, chances are the winner will have led the most laps.

I dont like the idea of having so many races at Daytona. Their very dangerous and the result is fickle. Most oval tracks on the Nascar schedule drive like road courses. They brake hard on entry and roll through the corner. Monza wouldnt be unrealistic to determine who's good in these cars, along with Suzuka which Nascar used to run at in the late 90s. Thats where the famous NASCAR pace car driver died, forgot his name.

I have to disagree with adding Heavy damage.

Light damage will at least partially discourage the idiot rammers (but it's a Series on GTP, so there wont be many, if any to begin with), while not screwing over innocent victims.

I do agree with adding Tire wear, though.

Also, I think we should run a race on Monza and Le Mans, too.

EDIT: it also appears that you ignored my entry post on page 1

Back