NASCAR Series has shut down.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 298 comments
When are you planning the first week to start?? I am curious to see what the new NASCAR game is going to be like. I for one am not expecting too much out of that game. If it is the flop most expect it to be then I am going to be back to enjoying the NASCAR side of GT5. But it is going to be hard to get a league going until everyone sees what the new game is going to be like, IMO.

If your league starts after the new game comes out and it isn't on Saturday night, and you have damage (perferably heavy), and you have pits then I am in. I also have probably 4 others that will come over with me.

I concur....but want to race with you guy's first to make sure we have a good connection....

I concur....but want to race with you guy's first to make sure we have a good connection....

I can put up a room if you want

Also, 532 hp is a more realistic number than 503

MÜLE_9242;4974070
I have to disagree with adding Heavy damage.

Light damage will at least partially discourage the idiot rammers (but it's a Series on GTP, so there wont be many, if any to begin with), while not screwing over innocent victims.

I do agree with adding Tire wear, though.

Also, I think we should run a race on Monza and Le Mans, too.

EDIT: it also appears that you ignored my entry post on page 1

Well it goes back to what kind of racing are you looking for. If you have light damage it won't discourage contact. Heavy damage and people start to get it real quick. Come watch a GTN race and you will see what I mean. Last week we had 11 show up for our 15 lap race at Nurburgring in NASCARs with HEAVY DAMAGE. None of the top 3 drivers got any damage in a hour and 45 minutes of racing at the hardest track in the game. Out of the 11 drivers only one driver got lapped. The other 10 were able to stay on the lead lap.

Heavy damage promotes good clean racing, with people who understand they have to take it serious. Any joking around will lead to a driver taking himself out of the race. At GTN we have raced 5 races that have lasted any where from 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs and I have only had to pit one time outside my pit strategy for damage. Clean racing can be done by those of us willing to try.

Heavy damage shouldn't be as much an issue in restrictor-plate racing as the speed limit should prevent the 30mph closing rates prevalent in unrestricted racing.

Will update first post over weekend by the way.

Hey, you put a - in my psn where there is supposed to be a _, between big and dirty. It's xx_big_dirty_xx. And my car will be #88

Heavy damage is great...until you race 49 laps, being careful, minding your own business, and someone rams you and you get damaged and lose the race. Last time I raced with heavy damage, we were running a 50 lapper at Daytona, lots of talk on the mics to set it up, pace car and all. I got hit from behind, not too hard either, on the pace lap, my car was damaged and for all intents and purposes, my race was over. I would never race in a series with heavy damage. I'm as clean as they come, I race for fun, and limping back to the pits after getting hit by another car after racing for an hour is not my idea of fun...sorry.

Someone up above mentioned something about a race where the first three drivers had no damage. Well of course not, that's why they finished in the top 3, they were lucky enough not to hit someone or get hit!!!

Heavy damage is great...until you race 49 laps, being careful, minding your own business, and someone rams you and you get damaged and lose the race. Last time I raced with heavy damage, we were running a 50 lapper at Daytona, lots of talk on the mics to set it up, pace car and all. I got hit from behind, not too hard either, on the pace lap, my car was damaged and for all intents and purposes, my race was over. I would never race in a series with heavy damage. I'm as clean as they come, I race for fun, and limping back to the pits after getting hit by another car after racing for an hour is not my idea of fun...sorry.

Someone up above mentioned something about a race where the first three drivers had no damage. Well of course not, that's why they finished in the top 3, they were lucky enough not to hit someone or get hit!!!

Right....like real life. The ones that win are the ones that learn how to stay out of trouble.
And I was the one you were referring to about the 3 drivers finishing the race undamaged. The part you missed when talking about Daytona was WE were at Nurburgring, which is a BIG difference from Daytona. GTN races this week at Daytona on Saturday night. Come over and race with us with heavy damage and see what it is like racing with guys who are clean and race every week with it. I promise you there is 0% chance you get "ran into" and lose the race because of careless drivers.

Heavy damage promotes clean careful driving because everyone knows if they mess up it will cost themselves the race. The ones that don't like it don't like it for that reason, they know they are not going to be racing clean, and don't want to be penalizied.

MÜLE_9242;4974446
I can put up a room if you want

Also, 532 hp is a more realistic number than 503
Actualy been testing this alot lately...and 512hp seems to be the number...a little faster solo...but right on in the draft:tup:

Entries updated, Points System Changed, The Chase is now in, and Monza No Chicane, and Suzuka East now on the schedule!

Last edited:
hard racing tires are you kidding me? They are the worst for racing on

Also the most realistic when it comes to grip levels. Soft tires are the real joke on this cars. Wide open on INDY?

Hard Tires are a great choice. They force us to be more careful with the tires.

My aim for the season is to make the chase. Anything more is a bonus. NASCAR is the only series I can win races in, so it seems I'm in the right place.:lol:

My aim for the season is to make the chase. Anything more is a bonus. NASCAR is the only series I can win races in, so it seems I'm in the right place.:lol:

You only ever do well because I am always pulling you along in he draft :dopey:

And yes, saturday nights.

Also, Having only 1 compund (Hard tyres) means that everyone has equal grip level and tyre wear theroretically, so it evens up the competition.

Guys here is a tip. If it's you last lap and you want to make a move but someone is in front and someone else in inside or outside you also in front, don't just go for it anyways. Push the guy directly ahead of you, he gets first and you get second. You also get respect.👍

I am in gt5-checkmates nascar leage, I would like the chance to race in this series, also when do we start racing, we race on gt5-checkmates leage on saturday nights starting at 7:00 eastern time ( happyhour) race starts at 8:00 eastern time !! please reply as soon as posible.

Thanks
ProSpeedDemon

Hello, I am interested in this series, sign me up

PSN: DiegoC1980
CAR: 42 Chevrolet Impala, Montoya's Car

Thank you

Back