NASCAR Series has shut down.

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 298 comments
OK, so the practice starts at 2pm, USA Eastern Daylight Time. I'll be there.

Are we going to bump up the race start to 30 minutes after practice opens? A one-hour open practice is a bit long.

Hi. Noticed i'm still not on the entrant list, am I welcome to race?

PSN - The_Boyce
CAR - #99 Carl Edwards Fusion Ford

You're welcome.

Room opening in a minute, will PSN all you guys shortly

Good race. 2 spins in the first 10 or so laps. Gonna try not to get stuck between the walls and any other car next time. Not good.

Round 2 Results:

1. RFLX_Niop (8 laps led, Pole-sitter) - 20 points +2 bonus points
2. Jtsharkin9 (4 laps led) - 18 points +1 bonus point
3. Droptop2001gt (10 laps led) - 16 points +1 bonus point
4. Dararo23 (1 lap led) - 14 points +1 bonus point
5. The_Boyce - 12 points
6. Furinkazen (17 laps led) - 11 points +2 bonus points
7. DiegoC1980 - 10 points
8. NitrouStang96 - 9 points

Point standings after event 2:

1. RFLX_Niop - 41 points (1 win)
2. Droptop2001gt - 39 points (1 win)
3. Furinkazen - 29 points
4. DiegoC1980 - 19 points
4. Jtsharkin9 - 19 points
6. GTP_BlacqueJack - 15 points
6. Dararo23 - 15 points
8. GTP_Akmuq - 13 points
9. The Boyce - 12 points
10. GTP_Mouliouna - 11 points
10. Knelly - 11 points
12. Nascarfans0 - 9 points
12. NitrouStang96 - 9 points

Round 2 Results:

1. RFLX_Niop (8 laps led, Pole-sitter) - 20 points +2 bonus points
2. Jtsharkin9 (4 laps led) - 18 points +1 bonus point
3. Droptop2001gt (10 laps led) - 16 points +1 bonus point
4. Dararo23 (1 lap led) - 14 points +1 bonus point
5. The_Boyce - 12 points
6. Furinkazen (17 laps led) - 11 points +2 bonus points
7. DiegoC1980 - 10 points
8. NitrouStang96 - 9 points

Point standings after event 2:

1. RFLX_Niop - 41 points (1 win)
2. Droptop2001gt - 39 points (1 win)
3. Furinkazen - 29 points
4. DiegoC1980 - 19 points
4. Jtsharkin9 - 19 points
6. GTP_BlacqueJack - 15 points
6. Dararo23 - 15 points
8. GTP_Akmuq - 13 points
9. The Boyce - 12 points
10. GTP_Mouliouna - 11 points
10. Knelly - 11 points
12. Nascarfans0 - 9 points
12. NitrouStang96 - 9 points

Cheers droptop. We ran well together for most of that race.

It was fun. I was hoping we would settle in a little more rather than running beside each other the whole time, especially that early in the race. Overall it was enjoyable, since we didn't screw up there.

Also, for anyone that saved the replay, please watch my car at 23 minutes and 0 seconds. If anyone can figure out how I took huge damage while driving perfectly straight down the back stretch, with no one anywhere around me, and without first hitting anything, I would love to know how it happened. Hitting an invisible brick wall in the middle of a straightaway and losing ~30 seconds in a race that I ultimately lost by ~10 seconds is pretty bad luck, to say the least.

It was fun. I was hoping we would settle in a little more rather than running beside each other the whole time, especially that early in the race. Overall it was enjoyable, since we didn't screw up there.

Also, for anyone that saved the replay, please watch my car at 23 minutes and 0 seconds. If anyone can figure out how I took huge damage while driving perfectly straight down the back stretch, with no one anywhere around me, and without first hitting anything, I would love to know how it happened. Hitting an invisible brick wall in the middle of a straightaway and losing ~30 seconds in a race that I ultimately lost by ~10 seconds is pretty bad luck, to say the least.

I saw the replay, that was the most bizarre thing that happened to you. I'm not sure what to think, cuz that race was yours for sure. No one would have caught you.

Hello, nice race, I enjoy a lot the race today. I hope for a better result next race, today I had a nice car but not luck, well we all know that's racing.

Today I was in the middle of the two big accidents. In the first one I was leading and some lag move another car to the rear of mine causing a big spin and the big one.

The second accident Niop and I were closing the gap to the leader and the car in front of us also suffered from some lag and spun in front of us.

I knew my tires were for a 20 laps stint, I tried to do 22 laps and there I lost all the grip, causing that every time that I pushed the throttle my car spun, there I lost 3 laps trying to get to the pits, after that the car was fast and constant.

Hope a better luck next round and not to push my strategy to far for a better result.

DiegoC1980

Diego, that second accident was actually my fault. Sorry about that. At first I though The Boyce bounced off the wall and collected us. But after I looked at the replay, he did bounce off the wall, but I didn't give him enough room and ran into him and caused it.

Its ok, I am not mad about that, that happens when you race this close.

We had a great pace when bumpdrafting, so if we wanted to catch the guys in front that was the right thing to do.

After Daytona, the next 2 races are at road courses. Could we race them back-to-back on the same day? Shorten the practices to 30 minutes, since everyone will likely use the same setup.

Last edited:
Aha, I see my ultimate drafting partner has joined

6. Dararo23 - 15 points :sly:

When is the next race, so I can put in my diary? Actually a bit gutted I missed Indy :grumpy:

:)

23 April for a return to the much-hated Daytona.

CURRENT POINTS AFTER 2 RACES:

1. RFLX_Niop 41 points LEADER(1 win)
2. Droptop2001gt 39 points -2 (1 win)
3. Furinkazen 29 points -11
4. DiegoC1980 19 points -21
5. Jtsharkin9 19 points -21
6. GTP_BlacqueJack 15 points -26
6. Dararo23 15 points -26
8. GTP_Akmuq 13 points -28
9. The Boyce 12 points -29
10. GTP_Mouliouna 11 points -30
10. Knelly 11 points -30
12. Nascarfans0 9 points -32
12. NitrouStang96 9 points -32

Entries are still open as well, 3 races down, 10 to go, so there is still time.

Just a heads up, I'm going to be out of town for the next race. That'll shake up the points a bit. :D

Hopefully, if it comes soon (possibly), we can race on Motegi Superspeedway and Infineon.

Hopefully, I can make it the 23rd, cause i'm in!

#24 Jeff Gordon DuPont Impala.

My laptop's dead (borrowing someone else's at moment), so I might not be online for a while. Stormtrooper, and anyone else who wishes to join, send a PSN Friend Request.

Back