Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
My final message here. I've been researching this block message and it only applies when you have been kicked from the room (I haven't) or when someone has blocked you on PSN.

I can't prove bandit has, his word v mine and there are many people in the lobby, it's not just him so it's not obvious to pin point. THEN I just booted up PS3 for the final time to try it, nobody is in the lobby except banditkarter. I try to join, it tells me I'm blocked. I try again a minute later, bandit has left the lobby, it's free. I click join, and what is this voodoo magic, I join instantly.

Bottom line, Bandit you are a pathetic child, you have blocked me, you are lying about it too. Your message is easy, unblock, send me a message, re-block me. You wouldn't get out the lobby earlier because you knew I could get in.

Seriously, how bad are things to consciously go away and attempt to stop someone practicing, at great lengths I would add. What goes through your mind when you do something like that?

You've made this so dragged out, why not just admit you blocked me in the first place? A page of this thread dedicated to you being childish.

I find what you just said there very offensive.

If the reason you couldn't get in was because you were blocked by me, then why could you get in the lobby yesterday evening, no problems? I did have you blocked yesterday and you got in the room fine, I unblocked you today because I was feeling like we had made up after we had a couple of good races yesterday evening. And then today I get accused of trying to stop you racing, when you're not on my block list anymore? If you want I'll put you back on my friends list? Then you can be sure you're not blocked, if that's what it takes then that's what I'll do. I don't know why you were getting that message trying to enter the lounge today, it's probably a glitch in PD's servers that means there is a delay when blocking people or something, but you were definitely not blocked today when you were trying to join. And you were blocked yesterday when you successfully joined, so this is really confusing. Anyway I'll send you a FR now, I did not mean for this to get out of hand.

I did have you blocked yesterday and you got in the room fine, I unblocked you today
Guys, you're dealing with PD servers here. God only knows how fast they update. Probably very slowly in either direction. So yeah, chill out.

Aggressive moves will happen in virtual and real racing, you gotta be prepared for them and take the moves and their consequences calmly and rationally.

Last edited:
If you had blocked him yesterday or a few days before then it's highly likely that PD hasn't updated that yet. Lets hope they do so soon enough. As for aggressive driving its good practice to learn how to drive with aggressive drivers and how to maintain your composure when you get shunted as it will help in the final if you have some experience with it. You don't wanna get mad at the final and start making many mistakes that will cost you points its much better if you have some experience beforehand as all finalist have a destroy all mentality (something to think about :) )

Edit: I'm in now way endorsing drunk driving in these practices :)

Ridox2JZGTE
Wow, I've been following this thread, interested to see the progress of GTA finalists doing races, but this ... :( even at Deadnutseven club we never have this kind of issue - all kinds of talent level racing close neck in neck for the whole race and almost no incident or conflict after race, it's all in mindset and the attitude both when racing at the track and out of the track, have a good common sense, respect and courtesy when racing - the goal is to win clean and fair.

I am stunned with the finalists this year ... simple practice races end up in aggressive driving, pay back, and still dragging on and on .. I really wish you guys get better and do your best at the event and race camp :D

Maybe the finalists should have done practice races deadnuts style, only racecraft can make one win, regardless of skill/talent.

It's easy to sit back and judge in these situations. You haven't been accused of sending threatening messages, I have. This was between me and Bandit, it was dragged on here by Bandit, and now people can sit back, judge or have a laugh over it as a result. Todays debacle was created by Bandit. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about a GTP member when they purposely stop me from even racing here, except post on GTP for help to get around it, or (in the end) complain about that member. I've been switching off my modem and PS3 all day as a result of someone doing something cynical. This is an isolated incident though, the only friction I am aware of is bandit with myself.

As for general criticism, I agree with a lot you say. However, I would like to add that this is a lobby full of people who are hardwired to win, the chances of friction are far higher in this kind of lobby than other communities.

As for aggressive driving, I agree, there has been a lot and the standard could probably be higher in the midpack when things get tight and tense.

You are right, it is about clean and fair racing, none of this would have happened if the racing was exactly that.

BanditKarter22
I did have you blocked yesterday and you got in the room fine, I unblocked you today.

I've spent literally hours trying to get into the lobby today, and you didn't think for a second to tell me this, even when I asked. Look at the messages I posted, I was trying to find out why I couldn't get in and others were trying to help me get in. All you had to say was this and I could have waited for the delay, anything can be fixed Bandit and we don't have to argue but you go about things in a rash manor. There are a couple of days to go until the nationals, petty arguments are on the bottom of my to do list, just think about things and accept responsibility when you make mistakes. You have brilliant speed on the track, unquestionably, if you could tone down aggression you could be even better and we tried to tell you that earlier on in races.

It's easy to sit back and judge in these situations. You haven't been accused of sending threatening messages, I have. This was between me and Bandit, it was dragged on here by Bandit, and now people can sit back, judge or have a laugh over it as a result. Todays debacle was created by Bandit. I don't know what I'm supposed to do about a GTP member when they purposely stop me from even racing here, except post on GTP for help to get around it, or (in the end) complain about that member. I've been switching off my modem and PS3 all day as a result of someone doing something cynical. This is an isolated incident though, the only friction I am aware of is bandit with myself.

As for general criticism, I agree with a lot you say. However, I would like to add that this is a lobby full of people who are hardwired to win, the chances of friction are far higher in this kind of lobby than other communities.

As for aggressive driving, I agree, there has been a lot and the standard could probably be higher in the midpack when things get tight and tense.

You are right, it is about clean and fair racing, none of this would have happened if the racing was exactly that.

I understand how bad you feel today, racing in tight pack requires trust between drivers, and drivers gain other's trust from respect and track record when racing together. These are something that would be hard to get on the final race event, being aggressive tend to be the order of the day, all for winning and with that incident could easily creep in.

The past incident could be a great learning lesson, being more aware of the cars in front, anticipate the next move of the driver in front, these practice races are great and rare opportunity to make that trust bond for the finals, don't lay it to waste. When you guys have trust and respect in practice, then in the finals, everybody I'm sure would drive aggressive but courteous, clean and fair, knowing there won't be deliberate moves to upset others.

Hope you guys can get this over with soon and start doing more races :cheers:

Shane and Bandit,

Please settle your dispute outside this thread. I've tolerated it because it was civil but it has gone on too long.

- Rich

Racing tonight? Off work now. Was gonna take a nap. Should be on in a bit though until 11eastern or so. Friday nights are always good at the race track!

There's no point even racing these anymore, just being insulted all the time, I'm sick of it. The finals are on GT6 anyway so good luck with that. I hold no grudges against anyone. See you at the finals.

There's no point even racing these anymore, just being insulted all the time, I'm sick of it. The finals are on GT6 anyway so good luck with that. I hold no grudges against anyone. See you at the finals.

No don't go. :( Only 1 guy had an issue with you. Everyone else thinks you're fine! Don't let him get into your head!

No don't go. :( Only 1 guy had an issue with you. Everyone else thinks you're fine! Don't let him get into your head!

I don't want to get too worked up and do something stupid. It's better if I just relax and mentally prepare myself for Monday, I've done all the preparation I need on track 👍

Back