Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
I'm not keen on rejoining because I kept getting an error message earlier and it took me about 5 attempts to get into the lounge.

BanditKarter22
I'm not keen on rejoining because I kept getting an error message earlier and it took me about 5 attempts to get into the lounge.

5 attempts? That's awful news.

Thanks for considering though.

Perhaps the OP should require anyone joining clearing network cache, and strongly recommend a wired connection for PS3.

dsgerbc
Perhaps the OP should require anyone joining clearing network cache, and strongly recommend a wired connection for PS3.

Haha! I'm on wired and cleared my cache, it did bugger all though :-)

Haha! I'm on wired and cleared my cache, it did bugger all though :-)
Sadly, everyone in the room should do it for this to improve connectivity.
But from the message it does sound like you're on 'blocked' list for someone in that room, or where on that list when they joined.

Ok so I try to join after Bandit leaves and now it says I will be able to join in a short while, please wait.

Evidence that Bandit has somehow managed to block me from joining the room?

I have a lot I could say about this but I won't. Anyone have an idea how long 'short waits' are on GT5?

It's like watching a soap opera from my office :)
I'm open to paid proposals on who to add to my blocked list before I enter the lounge tonight, lol

j/k

Anyone have an idea how long 'short waits' are on GT5?
That usually happens to me when the race in the room has conculded and the track is loading, or a new map vote is going on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I try to join after Bandit leaves and now it says I will be able to join in a short while, please wait.

Evidence that Bandit has somehow managed to block me from joining the room?

I have a lot I could say about this but I won't. Anyone have an idea how long 'short waits' are on GT5?

Shane, I'm trying to rejoin the room and got the same message, it's obviously a problem with PD's servers or something...

EDIT Try quitting game and coming back in, just worked for me

And public lobbies have been messed up all day according to some of the threads in the general forum.

Excuse my double post. I'm on my phone.

ShaneUK
I hope so.

I don't believe you for a second.

You have magically got back in whilst I'm now getting the you are blocked from the room message again, after you rejoined.

Give up, I'm going for a run lol

Last edited:
I don't believe you for a second.

You have magically got back in whilst I'm now getting the you are blocked from the room message again, after you rejoined.

Give up.

It took me 15 minutes to rejoin! I can send you a message to prove that you're not blocked if you want? Try rebooting the game.

BanditKarter22
It took me 15 minutes to rejoin! I can send you a message to prove that you're not blocked if you want? Try rebooting the game.

Ok I'll give it a go. If it doesn't work I'll just try again tonight.

BanditKarter22

There is either foul play or you're very unlucky in that everything I have done points toward you blocking. If there are widespread problems though I could be getting caught in that, pretty damn unlucky.

There is either foul play or you're very unlucky in that everything I have done points toward you blocking. If there are widespread problems though I could be getting caught in that, pretty damn unlucky.

I just sent you a message now, so reply to confirm you received and that will prove you're not blocked.

My final message here. I've been researching this block message and it only applies when you have been kicked from the room (I haven't) or when someone has blocked you on PSN.

I can't prove bandit has, his word v mine and there are many people in the lobby, it's not just him so it's not obvious to pin point. THEN I just booted up PS3 for the final time to try it, nobody is in the lobby except banditkarter. I try to join, it tells me I'm blocked. I try again a minute later, bandit has left the lobby, it's free. I click join, and what is this voodoo magic, I join instantly.

Bottom line, Bandit you are a pathetic child, you have blocked me, you are lying about it too. Your message is easy, unblock, send me a message, re-block me. You wouldn't get out the lobby earlier because you knew I could get in.

Seriously, how bad are things to consciously go away and attempt to stop someone practicing, at great lengths I would add. What goes through your mind when you do something like that?

You've made this so dragged out, why not just admit you blocked me in the first place? A page of this thread dedicated to you being childish.

bandit and Shane, your both going to the finals right? Probably a good idea to sort this out before Monday guys. We don't want a fight breaking out at the track ;-) haha.

Wow, I've been following this thread, interested to see the progress of GTA finalists doing races, but this ... :( even at Deadnutseven club we never have this kind of issue - all kinds of talent level racing close neck in neck for the whole race and almost no incident or conflict after race, it's all in mindset and the attitude both when racing at the track and out of the track, have a good common sense, respect and courtesy when racing - the goal is to win clean and fair.

I am stunned with the finalists this year ... simple practice races end up in aggressive driving, pay back, and still dragging on and on .. I really wish you guys get better and do your best at the event and race camp :D

Maybe the finalists should have done practice races deadnuts style, only racecraft can make one win, regardless of skill/talent.

Back