Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
Guys can we drop this, please?

Its really hurting the image of this event.

Everyone needs to be more careful and well be fine. Revenge moves will not be tolerated under any circumstances.

Also remember it's the car behinds job to get by clean and without contact. The car in front can brake anywhere they want too.

BanditKarter22
@ShaneUK: I do not appreciate receiving threatening messages on PSN. The move at Laguna Seca made no difference at all, I was about to overtake you anyway, and if you do lift off when you go out the corner in an attempt to block me, then it's likely I will run into you. I don't know what you're talking about running off the track every corner, at that race in Laguna Seca I could see you constantly running off the track in my rear view, whilst I kept neatly within the track boundaries.
And I don't care about missing braking zones at this stage, it's not the competition yet, this is only practice, maybe you take it more seriously than I do but I don't really care if I make mistakes because I have other distractions going on that won't be there in the competition.
There's no need to throw a tantrum because you get annoyed about a few incidents.

I have the right to reply when someone accuses me of threatening them in public, I will not reply again or comment further after this post.

Number 1 - My message is in no way threatening. I will provide it in full at the bottom.

Number 2 - I didn't let off the power, I have the replay, which shows you ignoring the fact I'm there, applying power, making contact and not for a split second considering giving me the place back.

Number 3 - I too have the replay of your accident with TC. You missed your braking point big time, that's fine. What's not fine is the amount of tarmac to your left you can use to avoid a collision, as you turn right and collide with TC to slow you down and then powering off down the straight, again not conceding it's your fault and letting him past.

Replays don't lie, my sent box on PS3 doesn't lie.

This is my message - Nice move at Laguna Seca to knock my rear and take the lead. Looking forward to racing you at the national finals, the more I race you the more confident I become. Judges will love you missing the braking zones and running off the track every corner. No pressure.

That's it. I don't care if you find it rude Bandit. I said good race after Laguna Seca and sent you the message after I checked the replay, I gave you benefit of the doubt after the race and waited until I had the facts.

Last edited:
Bill, how long are you going to be racing later? I'm trying to decide if I'm gonna get on right when I get home after work and exercise after, or work out first then jump on GT5 after.

Now coming back to the thread, I can't connect to the lobby tonight, has anyone else had this issue? I get an error message after clicking join, it pops up twice then goes back to the community. It's really annoying and I'm not sure if I'm on my own with this?

Now coming back to the thread, I can't connect to the lobby tonight, has anyone else had this issue? I get an error message after clicking join, it pops up twice then goes back to the community. It's really annoying and I'm not sure if I'm on my own with this?

Try logging out then back in, main psn not the lounge, I had that issue a few days back and it helped

manumanu19
Try logging out then back in, main psn not the lounge, I had that issue a few days back and it helped

Damn! It didn't work, I'll keep trying though, so frustrating!

Last edited:
Alright!

I've got the start of the sharing chain set:

GTP_Mamba
Smillar13
smeadows99
brianm3
RSR-Blake
gm-matthew-41

GTP_Mamba will send to the next person on the list: Smillar13

Once Smillar13 receives the car, he should immediately duplicate and send to the next psn ID on the list.

You need to be PSN friends to send cars, so everybody should send a request to the name above them on the list right away so that you're ready to receive.

Please duplicate and send the car ASAP once you get it (before you race if possible) so we can make this as efficient and quick as possible.

Please don't be the guy who delays this process. We're going through this effort to make it possible for as many of you to race as possible, so make sure you do your part.

Instructions for duplication

1. Save you game to a USB stick
2. Send the car
3. Reload your game
4. Join us for racing

I will continue to update the list if anybody else needs to be added.

Last edited:
Alright!

I've got the start of the sharing chain set:

GTA Account
Smillar13
GTP_Mamba
smeadows99
brianm3
RSR-Blake

The next person to log into the GTA Host account should send the car to the first car on this list: Smillar13

Once Smillar13 receives the car, he should immediately duplicate and send to the next psn ID on the list.

You need to be PSN friends to send cars, so everybody should send a request to the name above them on the list right away so that you're ready to receive.

Please duplicate and send the car ASAP once you get it (before you race if possible) so we can make this as efficient and quick as possible.

Please don't be the guy who delays this process. We're going through this effort to make it possible for as many of you to race as possible, so make sure you do your part.

Instructions for duplication

1. Save you game to a USB stick
2. Send the car
3. Reload your game
4. Join us for racing

I will continue to update the list if anybody else needs to be added.

Hi, someone sent me the car already so you take my off the list, GTP_Mamba, but I can send to whoever needs the car

I am going to avoid being a hypocrite and making a fuss,

But I was in the lounge for a few hours today and some of the driving was not (in my eyes) acceptable.

I'll only say that you guys should beware that some of your moves made in practice today, will surely get you disqualified or penalized at nationals.

was planning on being on tonight... had a **** day at work though so I'm going to drink rather than drive. 👍

Aside from the aggressive driving, I've noticed a fair amount of grass-cutting in these races. Because grip reduction is set to weak, drivers are not making much effort to stay on track, which I feel is a rather bad habit to get into.

I'd like to propose changing grip reduction back to real. For all we know, it could end up being used in (some of) the regional finals, it was used in the live event I attended.

Aside from the aggressive driving, I've noticed a fair amount of grass-cutting in these races. Because grip reduction is set to weak, drivers are not making much effort to stay on track, which I feel is a rather bad habit to get into.

I'd like to propose changing grip reduction back to real. For all we know, it could end up being used in (some of) the regional finals, it was used in the live event I attended.

I agree 100%

I'd much rather not start stewarding the lounge races. I want to believe that we represent the best of Gran Turismo and we can compete against each other in a fair and clean matter. Remember that right now, it's not about winning. It's about handling being on a race track with other people because that requires a skill set you can't learn by hot-lapping.

Yeah, we'll switch it to Real. If it does end up being Low at your Nationals it's much easier to get used to racing on Low vs the opposite.

Okay. Now I'm the confused one with the 370Z GTA.

I did the restoration on it and it brought me down to PP 512 / 367 hp / 309 ft-lb. When I try to do an oil change, it won't let me.

Back