Nat./Regional Finals training - Updates from finals around the world!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 1,018 comments
i think we should start racing in different tracks. We go to laguna seca and rome too much. Don't you guys think there will be a good chance of spa. motegi, fuji? i dont think we did any of those 3

Weve done Spa and Motegi a bit, but we never do fuji. I am super duper eager to see what the brits do so we can at least get in the ballpark of what we need to know.

Not everyone has the DLC so Motegi and Spa are unpopular spots. Fuji, well, I personally can't stand it because it's a parking lot in Japan.

outlaw4rc
Not everyone has the DLC so Motegi and Spa are unpopular spots. Fuji, well, I personally can't stand it because it's a parking lot in Japan.

The tracks you can't stand are the tracks you should be choosing regularly in the track vote. That way you reduce your weak areas on the game rather than risking it on the day. I hate Rome reverse but I have now learnt it and I'm doing competitive times, it's all about progress.

As a suggestion, I recommend doing a race at Suzuka East when you have a few people in the lobby. It's such a close race, last night we had a cracker there. It's also a possible track for the organisers to use, they seemed to like short technical tracks last year for the tuned 370z races.

Also I would say practice the Cape Ring track versions, it often comes up in the academy!

Guys, if the organisers tend to use only the tuned 370z shouldn't we just use that car for practice. I find the other cars are easier to drive then the tuned one and would like to log in as much milage on the tuned version

It'll be different for different countries, but yeah, the reason, like I said, that we're doing this work to get people to have the Tuned 370 is so everyone has a chance to practice it as much as possible.

In the first couple weeks of this practice racing we'd hardly ever race the thing unless it was a small group of guys which had it.

Those that don't have it are REALLY missing out on significant practice with that car.

And the organizers don't tend to "only" use the Tuned 370, it's just a sure bet that it'll come up since it's the most challenging car to race. So we don't need to exclusively practice with it, no, it's all about being rounded.

I share the same sentiment that Shane has when it comes to track. If you guys are really seriously about this training, buy the track DLC if you haven't already, it's more than worthwhile.

And if there are a couple people in the room that don't have it, that doesn't mean you shouldn't race there, they'll just have to sit that race out.

People aren't running enough Cape Ring! You all need to run all versions, especially North and CRI, in order to have it nailed in approach.

Also, let's all stop running Laguna and Rome so much for this next week at least.

I'm updating the HP for the Tuned 370. I had used the limiter on it before restoring it, which is why it has lower HP than what it should.

Cheers guys.

Okay cool, as I understand we are now using the tradable version of the car, I don't have that version I have last years version. Can I be added to the list for the 2011 car :) GTP_Mamba is my PSN. Cheers 👍

Every one who wants a tuned 370Z do the following:
anybody else who needs it and is eligible to race in the lounge:

Please send me an email with your psn name and gtp name: billpfisher@gmail.com

i will create a spreadsheet and we can start a sharing chain. Make sure you have already been added to the lounge account or you are not eligible to receive the car.

Thanks!

========================================================
And now for responses

wardez, i sent a friend request. Also, is there anyone who can trade me a 370 gt academy version?

Friend request confirmed. Email Bill as instructed.

hi, first post here aswell. I was brought here and i'd like to race with you guys. My psn is : Jejeremyb
qualified for france, fairly new to gt5/gt6 (coming from others sims on pc), i really need to improve my driving and pace on this game so, can't wait to race with you guys.
Friend request confirmed.

please add me to the list...

Smeadows99

i'd like to join today/tonight

i'm usa

Friend request confirmed. Email Bill as instructed.

anyone up for some races? I'm in the (empty) lobby at the moment.

Edit: Hmm, i did the restoration on the tuned 370z (gt academy version, the right one), but it still sits at 381hp/516pp... Strange.

Those are the right power and pp figures 👍

ok, well i've got the one with the 2012 sticker and it is at 381hp 516 pp and this is the wrong one. Hummmm.

I doubt those numbers.

same here. When i play around with the 2012 version i get slightly less hp for the required pp. Could i just race it or is the set up of the car drastically different? I don't want to gain an advantage, i think it will be slower and i don't mind that because it's pretty similar but if i am getting an advantage i'll seek out a 2011 spec.

You can, since it's slower. Up to you.

so how can i join you guys and have the opportunity to race with you ? I'm kinda lost and i can't find precise information.

Read the OP. Sent you a friend request.

is the restore ticket the one in chassis maintanence? Or elsewhere? That put me at 583hp.

A bit over power. The restoration ticket is under "Game Items: Special Coupons"

any possibility of me getting the 2011-spec tuned 370z please?

Account: Smillar13

Email Bill as instructed.

okay cool, as i understand we are now using the tradable version of the car, i don't have that version i have last years version. Can i be added to the list for the 2011 car :) gtp_mamba is my psn. Cheers 👍

Email Bill as instructed.

Last edited:
ShaneUK
Also I would say practice the Cape Ring track versions, it often comes up in the academy!

Every time I race at night , guys choose every layout of cape ring. My worst track by far lol.
We haven't race at fuji, tokyo, Nordschleife, and we need more spa, trial mountain and motegui

Every time I race at night , guys choose every layout of cape ring. My worst track by far lol.
We haven't race at fuji, tokyo, Nordschleife, and we need more spa, trial mountain and motegui

The guys at the final seem to like cape ring and other original tracks apart from spa and tsabuka it seems most tracks are original fictional tracks in reverse

I'd be really surprised if any country used Nordschleife at all. It'd be good for the occasional run to shake things up but nothing to focus on

You wouldn't be able to join at all if your request was not accepted.

I will begin compiling the 370z trading chain spreadsheet when I get to work.

The lounge now has a zero mile tuned z in ultimate barbie pink. So we can use that car for duplication; since everyone's already friends with that user.

@ShaneUK: I do not appreciate receiving threatening messages on PSN. The move at Laguna Seca made no difference at all, I was about to overtake you anyway, and if you do lift off when you go out the corner in an attempt to block me, then it's likely I will run into you. I don't know what you're talking about running off the track every corner, at that race in Laguna Seca I could see you constantly running off the track in my rear view, whilst I kept neatly within the track boundaries.
And I don't care about missing braking zones at this stage, it's not the competition yet, this is only practice, maybe you take it more seriously than I do but I don't really care if I make mistakes because I have other distractions going on that won't be there in the competition.
There's no need to throw a tantrum because you get annoyed about a few incidents.

Wardez
I'd be really surprised if any country used Nordschleife at all. It'd be good for the occasional run to shake things up but nothing to focus on

There's a footage at 2010 french finals where they do a time trial at Nordschleife with the Tuned Z, featuring Ti-tech, killarnau, Phenicks, Kimilo, GT_driver_bmw( Jordan Tresson)

Probably not the best of places for that sort of thing Bandit, and we all want to practice clean racing, so if you are making mistakes often that result in accidents, then just make more of an effort in avoiding those mistakes so we can all enjoy the racing, same goes for everyone really. 👍

BanditKarter22
@ShaneUK: I do not appreciate receiving threatening messages on PSN. The move at Laguna Seca made no difference at all, I was about to overtake you anyway, and if you do lift off when you go out the corner in an attempt to block me, then it's likely I will run into you. I don't know what you're talking about running off the track every corner, at that race in Laguna Seca I could see you constantly running off the track in my rear view, whilst I kept neatly within the track boundaries.
And I don't care about missing braking zones at this stage, it's not the competition yet, this is only practice, maybe you take it more seriously than I do but I don't really care if I make mistakes because I have other distractions going on that won't be there in the competition.
There's no need to throw a tantrum because you get annoyed about a few incidents.

What about my incident at Motegi dude? U braked way too late, push me out, and you were not able to give me back the position. I know what shane is talking about of going off the track. U refuse to put real grip on the lounge because at Autumn Ring u were using all the grass u could.
I take practises serious too, why I should crash people, complain and say thats only practice. As an advice, u should take it a little bit mote serious and practice the braking points when you're racing, or u will be DNQ for sure

Probably not the best of places for that sort of thing Bandit, and we all want to practice clean racing, so if you are making mistakes often that result in accidents, then just make more of an effort in avoiding those mistakes so we can all enjoy the racing, same goes for everyone really. 👍

Obviously I try to avoid running into people but it's easy to get slightly the wrong braking point, especially if you're behind someone and if you're an a track you don't know.

Last edited:
This thread should not turn into a pissing match. Shane pmd you because it was a private matter.

Please keep it that way.

--

Once we have the sharing chain created, lets send the lounge car to the first name. That person will send it to the 2nd name, etc.

What about my incident at Motegi dude? U braked way too late, push me out, and you were not able to give me back the position. I know what shane is talking about of going off the track. U refuse to put real grip on the lounge because at Autumn Ring u were using all the grass u could.
I take practises serious too, why I should crash people, complain and say thats only practice. As an advice, u should take it a little bit mote serious and practice the braking points when you're racing, or u will be DNQ for sure

I didn't brake way too late, I would've made the corner fine, you braked much earlier than I expected and I had no option but to crash into you. Then in the next corner you rudely barged me out of the way, so I binned you at the hairpin...
The option we are meant to be running with is low grip. The reason I was running wide in that race at Autumn Ring is because we were in the Z33 which had much more understeer on the exit of corners than the Z34 which I'm used to. And all of you had been using that car for several races beforehand so were used to it, I had just jumped in the seat and hadn't used that car before, so you shouldn't expect me to know where the limit is with it.
I do practice the braking points now, so that in the competition I will be able to get them more accurately, I find it difficult to judge them in the game though, unless it's a track where I've done a TT at before, it's pretty much guess work trying to know when to brake, so it's likely I'll get it wrong.

I didn't brake way too late, I would've made the corner fine, you braked much earlier than I expected and I had no option but to crash into you. Then in the next corner you rudely barged me out of the way, so I binned you at the hairpin...
I braked even a little bit late and you say that i braked early, i have the replay. And if you knew that you push me out, why u don't give me back the position?, I thought we were racing between friends.
IMO, if people of GTAcademy likes to do things wrong puting fake grip in the finals, we shouldn't do the same. Why do something that we all know thats not correct.

Back