Need For Speed (2015)

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 7,701 comments
Played this game for 5 hours and I must say I kinda like it :) amazing graphics and good selection of cars and almost everything is customizable! But I did get thrown off with them cringeworthy cutscenes and the constant calls to your ingame phone

Finally installed and played this game on PC. I need to put all graphics settings on Low but surprisingly it doesn't look all that different from the PS4 version I tried. Works well with a X360 controller too.

Unfortunately, the handling is still beyond saving. I'm still experimenting with tyre selection, handling tuning and controller sensitivity, but haven't managed to find the sweet spot yet. Grip setting is definitely a no-no, it just makes the car an understeering pig. Drift setting is the way to go, but I still can't maintain long drifts consistently. Sometimes I'm Ken Block, sometimes I look like a complete noob :crazy: Drift Assist is turned off because the auto countersteer is just counterintuitive for my sim racing adapted brain :lol: Also, there are moments when the car just veers to the wall for no reason whatsoever :ill: What. A. Mess.

I've also fallen through the map once when the roads failed to load in time. Haven't had that in a game since the abomination that is NFS Undercover.

My biggest issue at the moment though is I can't connect to the servers for paint/wraps. I can connect fine on my first session, then a couple hours later I just can't get in. The paint/wrap options are all greyed out except the "Remove Wrap" one. I also cannot collect any urbex/vista/donut/parts, and cannot access my snapshots. Everything else is fine, I can see other players in the world and my connections are not dropping out at all. If anyone has solutions I'm all ears.

This, people, is why you don't make a game always online :rolleyes:

^I'm not disputing those fault it is. It's still a 🤬 decision regardless of who's at fault.

Another annoying thing is it takes forever for my game to connect to other players. I spend 2-3 minutes looking at the controller config loading screen just while the game tries to matchmake. On the PS4 version I've played, you can play alone (internet connected, but not signed into PSN). Anyone knows if you can do that on PC? The game just wouldn't launch without signing in to Origin.

I hate to say it but modern EA Origin games are required to log in with Origin. As for games that came from On The House promos and older EA games doesn't require Origin though.

Eh, that's the disappointment with modern gaming enthusiasts. Not everyone can handle a superior connection these days because providers just don't want to improve their network, but we are going backwards in terms of technology wise that we are improving upon. I always stay with 7th Gen - older generation consoles because the companies have yet to prove to me that they can handle everyone's connection simultaneously, I only have one need for internet now and that's looking for prototypes or just game demos that I want to collect.

With online-only games I think they won't last as long as the older titles that coming back online with the help of emulation and the such. Which, is probably what is going to happen to PC soon. Including that some other EA games might get the offline forever tag on them.

But I still have hope for EA to change though. Not as much as before but I still have hope for them. Their new CEO will change that.

Even here my connection is not that great. The ping I usually get is 50-80.

That's why Ghost has a huge challenge ahead of them when they reveal NFS2017. They know the problems in 2015, now its the time to fix them in order to make NFS2017 a game that will make the franchise once more great again.

But I still have hope for EA to change though. Not as much as before but I still have hope for them. Their new CEO will change that.

Even here my connection is not that great. The ping I usually get is 50-80.

That's why Ghost has a huge challenge ahead of them when they reveal NFS2017. They know the problems in 2015, now its the time to fix them in order to make NFS2017 a game that will make the franchise once more great again.
But, we know how greedy EA is, NFS is essentially COD to Activision. Though, wasn't the sales good for NFS '15, but sailed badly after a year from release?

But, we know how greedy EA is, NFS is essentially COD to Activision. Though, wasn't the sales good for NFS '15, but sailed badly after a year from release?
Considering that they have been listening through Reddit, Twitter, and their own forum site, I still believe in them and I don't think NFS is COD to EA. Also I'm glad they're no longer doing yearly releases or otherwise 2015 would have been a buggy mess like Rivals. And yes I know 2015 still has bugs but not as buggy as Rivals. Besides they made the PC port at least playable unlike Rivals.

But still, I believe they can make 2017 a great game. Not as great as the older titles but at least bring them back to track. Besides with less arcade racing games we have now (unlike before during PS2, Xbox, PS3, and 360 days), I should be at least thanking EA and Ghost that we still have NFS.

The last few games haven't done the NFS title any justice in my eyes and keeping the brand barely alive isn't something I'd be proud of.
At least they're still playable unlike Rivals though. Sure they may have done the same formula in the last few titles (except Shift 2) but does it mean it's bad? Yes it is bad depending on how you classify NFS. There are those who says that NFS is more on the import tuner side while others think they have should kept the old formula from the PS1 days of NFS. I for one I don't mind where NFS is going as long as they can deliver. The problem for current NFS is that they needed a developer like Black Box who can at least give us proper physics engine. The others such as sound, storyline, etc. are not a problem. The online only is EA is to blame for this. Good thing at least they brought back the Underground theme (not nearly Underground but at least enough for NFSU fans to try 2015.) but as said, the problem is the handling.

At least they're still playable unlike Rivals though. Sure they may have done the same formula in the last few titles (except Shift 2) but does it mean it's bad? Yes it is bad depending on how you classify NFS. There are those who says that NFS is more on the import tuner side while others think they have should kept the old formula from the PS1 days of NFS. I for one I don't mind where NFS is going as long as they can deliver. The problem for current NFS is that they needed a developer like Black Box who can at least give us proper physics engine. The others such as sound, storyline, etc. are not a problem. The online only is EA is to blame for this. Good thing at least they brought back the Underground theme (not nearly Underground but at least enough for NFSU fans to try 2015.) but as said, the problem is the handling.
Having the game playable doesn't cut it. This is EA here. They've hired developers that are supposed to be delivering AAA games to the fans. I want something that makes me feel the urge to play over and over again. That hasn't been happening recently.

The style (underground vs classic) isn't my concern at the moment. My concern is that the series is not worth saving after the very mediocre releases we've been seeing. They took a break from the yearly launch cycle thankfully, but it hasn't made a noticeable difference it seems.

In the end, I'm sure as heck hoping NFS '17 whips ass regardless of the approach it chooses.

Having the game playable doesn't cut it. This is EA here. They've hired developers that are supposed to be delivering AAA games to the fans. I want something that makes me feel the urge to play over and over again. That hasn't been happening recently.
I understand your feels about that, even when Gran Turismo is as playable as TXR to me since it's got that challenge that no game has and the replayability is exceptional. Every TXR game has that even ITC strangely enough, but the older ones are the exceptions. You can still enjoy them for what they are, not to mention mod support for most of the NFS games is pretty good in my opinion, and with image software you can make your own livery.

I still find NFS '15 to be lacking, and thus why I did not buy it for my PS4. All Triple A titles can suffer from lack of replayability and lack substance, which I hope EA can provide in most of their own games, and many devs should do the same. I just wish they could have a bit of super cars mixed with imports, and have cops in the mix with customization, with a huge map that beats the Crew in ways. With most new racing games I just can't get excited like I used to. It's sad really.

The style (underground vs classic) isn't my concern at the moment. My concern is that the series is not worth saving after the very mediocre releases we've been seeing. They took a break from the yearly launch cycle thankfully, but it hasn't made a noticeable difference it seems.

In the end, I'm sure as heck hoping NFS '17 whips ass regardless of the approach it chooses.
I can live with EA making NFS titles but imagine if the NFS title was sold to someone else. But who deserves to keep the NFS name? Very unlikely for that to happen but one can dream that EA will sell the NFS name despite how it gives them a lot of profit.

Given that NFS2015 is Ghost's first attempt at a Underground and Carbon mixed NFS title, I can let them get away with that for now but the 2017 title, I expect improvements especially in the physics department.
I understand your feels about that, even when Gran Turismo is as playable as TXR to me since it's got that challenge that no game has and the replayability is exceptional. Every TXR game has that even ITC strangely enough, but the older ones are the exceptions. You can still enjoy them for what they are, not to mention mod support for most of the NFS games is pretty good in my opinion, and with image software you can make your own livery.

I still find NFS '15 to be lacking, and thus why I did not buy it for my PS4. All Triple A titles can suffer from lack of replayability and lack substance, which I hope EA can provide in most of their own games, and many devs should do the same. I just wish they could have a bit of super cars mixed with imports, and have cops in the mix with customization, with a huge map that beats the Crew in ways. With most new racing games I just can't get excited like I used to. It's sad really.
Fair enough.

Most racing games I see today are all focused on sim. I get that they're trying to push for realism but wouldn't it hurt for at least one year where all racing games that will be released are focused on arcade to simcade type of racing game?

^^^ No, FilipinoGTUser1, it wouldn't hurt at all... In fact, that's NFS's saving grace - that it's DIFFERENT than all the other racers out there. They need to keep NFS in its own wheelhouse, which is to say heavily focused on customization and semi-arcadish handling physics. Those handling physics definitely need to be better, but they definitely do not need to turn into Gran Turismo.

... Of course I haven't seen any indication that they wish to do that. What concerns me however, is that Ghost seemed to be a little obtuse about the handling problems in 2015 when people brought it up to them. The first step to overcoming a problem is admitting it's a problem. If they DON'T realize the mistakes from 2015, they are destined to repeat them. When they finally start releasing info about a sequel, if they even BREATHE a word about the handling model being the same as 2015, they will probably lose more than half their sales.

Despite the problems that NFS 2015 had, I still maintain that they are on the right track. It was refreshingly different in a sea of "been-there, done-that" games in the racing genre. They just need to correct a few flaws and give us more of what they started.

Also I'm glad they're no longer doing yearly releases or otherwise 2015 would have been a buggy mess like Rivals.
Eh, that extra year didn't seem to do anything any better than the 1 year titles, so far.

I can live with EA making NFS titles but imagine if the NFS title was sold to someone else. But who deserves to keep the NFS name? Very unlikely for that to happen but one can dream that EA will sell the NFS name despite how it gives them a lot of profit.

Given that NFS2015 is Ghost's first attempt at a Underground and Carbon mixed NFS title, I can let them get away with that for now but the 2017 title, I expect improvements especially in the physics department.
I don't care who is making the game, or if it's sold to anyone, as long as its a game that's worth the money that is spent on it. This one was off that mark by a longshot, in my opinion. Did it have it's positive moments? Sure. However, they where sorely out shined by the negatives.

This being their first game should in no way mean they automatically get a free pass for their issues. Things really need to be reevaluated there, and the game deserves the mediocre scores it received, as well as the backlash.

Last edited:
I think this pretty much else says it all. Handling is one main objective that Ghost needs to improve if they're gonna make the 2017 title a good one.

Graphics? I don't think that's a problem considering that 2015 was a good looking game at the time but they do gotta rid of the wet car effects.

Sound? Not a problem also. All the cars in the game have good sounds especially when adding turbo. I think all NFS games have good car sounds. So far Shift 2 is my favorite NFS game when it comes to car sounds.

Story? (If the 2017 title will have one but considering Ghost has been looking for a story director or designer or whatever is it, we might have storyline once more.) I think they need to lessen the cheesiness for 2017 because 2015 was chessy but became a bit too much unlike the previous NFS titles with storyline.

Also, I hope EA learns from this but, please no more online only.
This being their first game should in no way mean they automatically get a free pass for their issues. Things really need to be reevaluated there, and the game deserves the mediocre scores it received, as well as the backlash.
There is a mistake on what you said, 2015 wasn't their NFS title and that is Rivals which is bad.

I didn't mind the scores given by the reviewers as it all depends on the player whether he likes to play the game at all or not. There are games that have mediocre scores or at least 70 maybe but they were enjoyable. But is NFS2015 in this case? Probably yes if they featured a offline mode but since it's only online, then it's a no.

Last edited:
I think this pretty much else says it all. Handling is one main objective that Ghost needs to improve if they're gonna make the 2017 title a good one.

Graphics? I don't think that's a problem considering that 2015 was a good looking game at the time but they do gotta rid of the wet car effects.

Sound? Not a problem also. All the cars in the game have good sounds especially when adding turbo. I think all NFS games have good car sounds. So far Shift 2 is my favorite NFS game when it comes to car sounds.

Story? (If the 2017 title will have one but considering Ghost has been looking for a story director or designer or whatever is it, we might have storyline once more.) I think they need to lessen the cheesiness for 2017 because 2015 was chessy but became a bit too much unlike the previous NFS titles with storyline.

Also, I hope EA learns from this but, please no more online only.
Yet none of those things matter much if the physics are so bad that it makes you not want to play the game in the first place.

Garage count
No time transition even though they have altering times of day
Touting customization while leaving other cars severely baron in that department
Weird input bugs(like when you get vacuumed into a wall)
Disappointing post-support.
Always online
One-sided tuning options

What about that? Those are only the things I can remember from the last time I played it, about a year ago. I'm sure there are a lot more issues I can find if I actually took the time to try to play it again.

Again, the reason why The Fast And The Furious: Tokyo Drift (PS2( is a pretty good comparison to what NFS 2015 is when it comes to standards, it has as much customization and play-ability than any other game I have played so far, but it just does not have that atmosphere as the TXR games have to me. The drift physics sucked balls as did 2015's (from what I have seen) and PC optimization is another issue, but that's because people's PC specs are different in that department. Today, as it seems games are just lacking the fundamentals of what makes a game "fun" but that differs to person personalty and tastes. I expect triple A titles to be good and appealing with some good fun, but I just can't see that in 2015, even when my friends tell me to get it. I rather deal with the weird TXR physics than anything.

Yet none of those things matter much if the physics are so bad that it makes you not want to play the game in the first place.

Garage count
No time transition even though they have altering times of day
Touting customization while leaving other cars severely baron in that department
Weird input bugs(like when you get vacuumed into a wall)
Disappointing post-support.
Always online
One-sided tuning options

What about that? Those are only the things I can remember from the last time I played it, about a year ago. I'm sure there are a lot more issues I can find if I actually took the time to try to play it again.
Garage count? If you even play NFSU2, there's a limit to your Career garage (5 cars only) and even My Cars had a limit (10 cars).

Time transition? Again back to the Underground era games, do they even have any time transition? Yet no one complained about NFSU2, MW, Carbon, etc. about no time transition.

Touting customization? Oh so you would rather have the copy paste parts from NFSU? Because some of us don't considering that some individual parts in NFSU2 are ricey and people
complained about it being ricey. We're in the era where stance, big wings, front and rear fenders, diffusers, etc. are a thing now. As @JakeMR2 said, Tokyo Drift is one example of a racing game that has a lot of variety in customization.

Bugs? Sure there are some bugs in the game but are they game breaking just like Rivals? From what I played (PS4 version) the bugs that I experienced is not even game breaking and did not even affected the whole game.

Post support? I would agree with that. I would suggest that Firemonkeys should take over post support considering that they're doing a great job with No Limits.

Always online? I would agree with that also.

One sided tuning? Once again please refer to your "touting customization" thing.

So the problems that you mentioned are problems that Ghost can even fix in the 2017 title. They learned their lesson from 2015 (in fact 2015 might just be a test to see if going back to the Underground theme might be better than the cops v racers theme.) and now they're gonna fix those for 2017.

Garage count? If you even play NFSU2, there's a limit to your Career garage (5 cars only) and even My Cars had a limit (10 cars
So? That does absolutely nothing for your argument about a completely different game. That's NFSU2 this is NFS15. Also how long ago was that?
Time transition? Again back to the Underground era games, do they even have any time transition? Yet no one complained about NFSU2, MW, Carbon, etc. about no time transition
Like I said. Its a different game. Stop holding onto the past. We are in a different age where these things are entirely possible. That it didn't happen in a game that is over 10 years old has no bearing on this game.

g customization? Oh so you would rather have the copy paste parts from NFSU
I have no idea how you even got that considering I said nothing like that. What I would actually like is a more balanced approach, not one car have a ton of options and others having hardly anything

Bugs? Sure there are some bugs in the game but are they game breaking just like Rivals? From what I played (PS4 version) the bugs that I experienced is not even game breaking and did not even affected the whole game
I considered getting sucked I to a wall while not moving the stick to be pretty game breaking.

One sided tuning? Once again please refer to your "touting customization" thing
Why? It has literally NOTHING to do with that.

So the problems that you mentioned are problems that Ghost can even fix in the 2017 title. They learned their lesson from 2015 (in fact 2015 might just be a test to see if going back to the Underground theme might be better than the cops v racers theme.) and now they're gonna fix those for 2017
The problems I mentioned could have been fixed on the current game. How would you even know if they learned that lesson if they've released nothing? That doesn't make sense. You have no idea so until they actually do fix things, I would suggest holding back from saying that.

Garage count? If you even play NFSU2, there's a limit to your Career garage (5 cars only) and even My Cars had a limit (10 cars).

Time transition? Again back to the Underground era games, do they even have any time transition? Yet no one complained about NFSU2, MW, Carbon, etc. about no time transition.
We're in 2017 now. Those games you listed came out 2 console generations and 10+ years ago.

outing customization? Oh so you would rather have the copy paste parts from NFSU? Because some of us don't considering that some individual parts in NFSU2 are ricey and people
complained about it being ricey. We're in the era where stance, big wings, front and rear fenders, diffusers, etc. are a thing now. As @JakeMR2 said, Tokyo Drift is one example of a racing game that has a lot of variety in customization.
Problem is that some vehicles have customization-galore, while others might as well not have any. It's kind of like in GT5 where they stated they had 1,000 cars. But here's the catch: 800 of them are sub par.

They learned their lesson from 2015 (in fact 2015 might just be a test to see if going back to the Underground theme might be better than the cops v racers theme.) and now they're gonna fix those for 2017.
Oh come on. With what you've said, it looks like the past 5 or so Need For Speed games have been "tests".

How the hell does Ghost not know how to build a proper racing game? Half of the studio is made up of ex-Criterion employees anyways so what in the world happened? Why are things like photomode and manual transmission considered "features"? Seriously, it's shameful at this point.

We're in 2017 now. Those games you listed came out 2 console generations and 10+ years ago.

Problem is that some vehicles have customization-galore, while others might as well not have any. It's kind of like in GT5 where they stated they had 1,000 cars. But here's the catch: 800 of them are sub par.

Oh come on. With what you've said, it looks like the past 5 or so Need For Speed games have been "tests".

How the hell does Ghost not know how to build a proper racing game? Half of the studio is made up of ex-Criterion employees anyways so what in the world happened? Why are things like photomode and manual transmission considered "features"? Seriously, it's shameful at this point.
Did I mention that the last few games are "tests"? I only mentioned being 2015 as a test.

And yes I know that some of titles I mentioned are already 10+ years old but those who play the game always compares it to the Underground era games. Sure some cars may not have the level of customization like the 86 twins, any of the Skylines, etc. because some cars like the McLaren does not have some bodykits or any individual parts available IRL unless someone can prove me wrong while others like the Huracan, etc. either have a licensing problem with the bodykit makers, etc. But then there's also the Ferraris which didn't even have the LW kits (the F40 might be questionable considering that the Competizione kit and the LW kit are the same) and customization is because of Ferraris restriction on customization. I know in FH3 the 458 has customization and LW kit but might be due to Microsoft's deal with Ferrari.
So? That does absolutely nothing for your argument about a completely different game. That's NFSU2 this is NFS15. Also how long ago was that?

Like I said. Its a different game. Stop holding onto the past. We are in a different age where these things are entirely possible. That it didn't happen in a game that is over 10 years old has no bearing on this game.

I have no idea how you even got that considering I said nothing like that. What I would actually like is a more balanced approach, not one car have a ton of options and others having hardly anything

I considered getting sucked I to a wall while not moving the stick to be pretty game breaking.

Why? It has literally NOTHING to do with that.

The problems I mentioned could have been fixed on the current game. How would you even know if they learned that lesson if they've released nothing? That doesn't make sense. You have no idea so until they actually do fix things, I would suggest holding back from saying that.
They have their own community. Are you even looking at Reddit or their forum site? I usually follow the PR BS rule but in this one, I would give them a chance. I know they didn't follow some of the community's wishes such as more customization on cars, improving physics, etc. but at least they didn't snob us by adding manual, speedlists, adding two cars, and Eddie's Challenges.

This is getting out of hand but I suggest we stop here. We are all entitled to our own opinions. I myself think this is a mediocre game and I can accept that.

Did I mention that the last few games are "tests"? I only mentioned being 2015 as a test.
No. But if you consider 2015 to be a test, then the last couple games would be a test too due to how mediocre they were also. (They weren't complete crap, but they weren't the greatest either.)

Funny how you bring up Reddit because this is quite the coincidence! :lol:
"I never liked NFS Undercover because I felt it wasn't as good as the older games,but after dealing with the recent titles I've learned to appreciate it more."

NFS 2015/16 deserves most of the criticism it has received. It has also earned the right to be praised for certain features. It is a very polarizing game, and even those who like it for what it is (myself included) have to find a way around the negatives.

In my humble opinion, the following is a list of faults that MUST BE corrected for the sequel to succeed, listed in order of importance:

1) Handling physics
2) Online not required
3) Better police pursuit AI
4) Better opponent AI

Does everyone agree?

Beyond that, here are some things that could be improved, but would get a massive pass IF the items on the previous list were perfected.

1) Longer support life (paid DLC if necessary - some of the following improvements revolve around this concept)
2) More customization options for most vehicles
3) Map expansion
4) More vehicles
5) Cockpit view
6) Refinements to performance tuning (This is listed last in the "improvement list" because if they fixed the handling model to start with, tuning settings wouldn't be nearly as critical. As it is, they are somewhat of a joke because the handling physics are so bad to begin with)

Lastly, here are some things that have been expressed, but really only boil down to personal opinion. While they would make a huge difference for some people, they are essentially matters of artistic license on the part of the developers. Provided the previous two lists were addressed, the following tweaks would only mean the difference of the game scoring a perfect 10 vs 8 out of 10:

1) Weather cycle (not always raining)
2) Day/night cycle
3) More refinements to wrap customization
4) Different gauge appearances based on the vehicle you are driving (if not in cockpit view)
5) Less cheesy-ness (which I personally have no problem with, therefore listed last - it's the style of the NFS franchise)

... That's my two, well, maybe more than two cents. What do y'all think?

And yes I know that some of titles I mentioned are already 10+ years old but those who play the game always compares it to the Underground era games
And? That means absolutely nothing for this game. Because it is compared to a game that came out 10 years ago doesn't mean that we have to follow everything, or think that something is good, just because a past game did it the same way. It's ridiculous to hold on to that considering how much of an age gap there is now.

Sure some cars may not have the level of customization like the 86 twins, any of the Skylines, etc. because some cars like the McLaren does not have some bodykits or any individual parts available IRL unless someone can prove me wrong while others like the Huracan, etc. either have a licensing problem with the bodykit makers, etc.
They could have very easily introduced their own branded parts. They work with enough people that they could have thrown something new together for these cars. There was a licensing issue? Where did you read that at? Either way, yes, there are kits for those cars.

customization is because of Ferraris restriction on customization. I know in FH3 the 458 has customization and LW kit but might be due to Microsoft's deal with Ferrari.
Again, it just sounds like you're making stuff up. There was customization on Ferrari's in GT, there was customization on Ferrari's in Forza. So with that in mind, I would imagine that it's not entirely true.

They have their own community. Are you even looking at Reddit or their forum site? I usually follow the PR BS rule but in this one, I would give them a chance. I know they didn't follow some of the community's wishes such as more customization on cars, improving physics, etc. but at least they didn't snob us by adding manual, speedlists, adding two cars, and Eddie's Challenges.
Which totaled out to some lack luster post-support. I don't care about the community or some Reddit site. I'm concerned with the game and the issues. Half the time the majority of a community are usual diehards or those just asking for ridiculous things. Adding manual deserves absolutely no praise, because it was a stupid decision to not include it in the first place.

Stop if you want, but if you're going to share your opinion, than you should at least be prepared to have a discussion about it.

Lastly, here are some things that have been expressed, but really only boil down to personal opinion. While they would make a huge difference for some people, they are essentially matters of artistic license on the part of the developers. Provided the previous two lists were addressed, the following tweaks would only mean the difference of the game scoring a perfect 10 vs 8 out of 10:
I'm not sure how wanting cockpit view is something that is necessary for fixing, but weather cycle is that only of personal preference. Almost everything you listed from the bottom two catagories are all personal preference. I do agree with you're first two area's of discussion, but the last one could just as much be considered into the second one group.

I'm not sure how wanting cockpit view is something that is necessary for fixing, but weather cycle is that only of personal preference. Almost everything you listed from the bottom two catagories are all personal preference. I do agree with you're first two area's of discussion, but the last one could just as much be considered into the second one group.

I guess I don't follow. I didn't say that cockpit view was necessary. I only listed the first category as "must-haves" which does not include a cockpit view. Nonetheless for the record I do remember a fair amount of criticism for the lack of a cockpit view when the topic was fresh.

The second two lists were categorized as optional improvements, hence the qualification "could be improved but would get a massive pass if the first list was fixed." The only difference between the two being that nearly everyone has asked for the items mentioned in the second list, whereas the third lists items that are important only to some people.

I guess I don't follow. I didn't say that cockpit view was necessary. I only listed the first category as "must-haves" which does not include a cockpit view. Nonetheless for the record I do remember a fair amount of criticism for the lack of a cockpit view when the topic was fresh.

The second two lists were categorized as optional improvements, hence the qualification "could be improved but would get a massive pass if the first list was fixed." The only difference between the two being that nearly everyone has asked for the items mentioned in the second list, whereas the third lists items that are important only to some people.
What I meant is that the last two lists are basically one in the same, they are all personal preference. It's just the way you separated them, I see them all on the same field together as they are not core gameplay mechanics, but are things that some people would prefer, that would likely make the game better for everyone. Both of those lists are only important to some people, that's my point.

^^^ Gotcha. I guess that's our only point of difference. As I said, I'm pretty sure the topics listed in the 2nd list are things that yes, do not HAVE to be done, but that nearly everyone wants, not just some people as you suggest. The third list however, are things I would consider more nit-picky than the previous list. But hey, you can view those things however you want... everyone has a different order of preference I'm sure. There's probably that one guy out there that couldn't give a rip about how big the map is but absolutely cannot play the game because of the cheesy cutscenes LOL.

So how DOES everyone think these things should be ordered?

Back