Need For Speed: Carbon (New XBOX 360 screens up!)

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 169 comments
Australia
Melbourne
GTPr01 (GT); TheGTAFather (GTA)
Yet another Need For Speed game is on the horizon, tiring eh?

EA ANNOUNCES NEED FOR SPEED™ CARBON
Best-Selling Racing Title to Hit the Streets this Fall

EA announced today that Need for Speed™ Carbon is in development and will hit the streets this November. Developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia, Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing and will challenge players to face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads.

"We pride ourselves on our ability to reinvent the franchise and continually uncover new and exciting trends in car culture. Canyon Racing is a real test of a driver's skill and we think it provides a fantastic game play opportunity to lean into," said Larry LaPierre, the game's executive producer.

What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you into the world's most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt™ technology. Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games.

Need for Speed Carbon will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile. . - EA

"
Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing as players face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads. What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you into the world's most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt technology. Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games."

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/ < Official EA NFSC Website (Latest Macromedia Flash Needed)

http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/826/826965/vids_1.html < Trailer

eaannounces_2466.jpg

nfscimg1psm.jpg

nfs.jpg

need-for-speed-carbon-20060622113908489.jpg

need-for-speed-carbon-20060622113910848.jpg

need-for-speed-carbon-20060622113909661.jpg

carbon_062106_sm.jpg

master_000004.jpg

master_000015.jpg

master_000055.jpg

master_000022r.jpg

EDIT: Official XBOX 360 screens up!

933691_20060707_screen001.jpg

933691_20060707_screen002.jpg

933691_20060707_screen003.jpg

Nice find. Looks good. It has a lot of real world details, but still looks completely like a video game, which I feel is this game's appeal.

I am really liking what I am seeing. Need for Speed: Most Wanted is my favorite Need for Speed and it looks like this new is going to be my new favorite when it comes out.

Looks goodly! I shall be purchasing a copy!

Can they just stop with this undergorund shxt? It's getting old.
But it looks promising' however, as long as it does not contain rice.
I just saw the trailer, Camaro and a riced out car drifting? You can for get what I said about it beeing promising.

I'll only be interested if they can make it more fun to drive than in the last three games (U, U2, and MW)... :indiff: The PS2 version of Hot Pursuit 2 is the last NFS that has been any fun to play.

I like that third picture, though, with the Gallardo, Evo, and Challenger. They're quite obviously trying to snag money from all three sides of automotive fandom. :lol:

Cosmic
I just saw the trailer, Camaro and a riced out car drifting? You can for get what I said about it beeing promising.

The "rice" is only an option. You're acting as though they're shoving it in your face and forcing you to use it, a la NFS:U and NFS:U2.

Simple answer Cosmic, if you don't like it, don't buy it.

gOoSeTeR
Simple answer Cosmic, if you don't like it, don't buy it.
I'm not going to buy it, belive me. I have better things to spend money then a PS3 and that stupid game.
The "rice" is only an option. You're acting as though they're shoving it in your face and forcing you to use it, a la NFS:U and NFS:U2.
Yes, an option that way to many morons like to use.

Omnis
I think I'll wait for NFS: Tungsten.

How about 'Need For Speed: Carbon Kevlar Composite: Black Edition'?

EDIT: 'Need For Speed: Carbon Kevlar Composite: Black Edition Type-R GTR Evolution XII!'

Better throw a Type-R GTR Evolution XII on that GT Pro. Wouldn't want to be too conservative. ;)

To be serious, I may pick it up. I hate buying EA games though. And do they absolutely have to make it for every gaming system currently being used? Xbox, 360, PS2, PS3, Wii, Gamecube, DS, and mobile! Apparently next-generation gaming means nothing to EA. If the game can be handled by a PS2, it will not be a next generation game. The PS3 and 360 will just have slightly higher graphics, maybe sound, and higher draw distances. No difference in gameplay of course unless they include some extra cars or something with the PS3 version. Then again, EA wouldn't do that. They are currently sleeping with Microsoft.

Ebiggs
No difference in gameplay of course unless they include some extra cars or something with the PS3 version. Then again, EA wouldn't do that. They are currently sleeping with Microsoft.

:lol:

Wolfe2x7
I'll only be interested if they can make it more fun to drive than in the last three games (U, U2, and MW)... :indiff: The PS2 version of Hot Pursuit 2 is the last NFS that has been any fun to play.

Exactly. EA can kiss my ass until they decide to make a real NFS game again. Until then, I guess I get to go stock up on the old PS1 NFS games.

Cosmic

I agree. I was a fan of the underground stuff when it first came out, but it's getting very old.

EA: Can we PLEASE have our old NFS back? With the Ferrari's and Lambos and stuff? With no tuning options, just pick a car and race?

Cosmic

This "underground" and "rice" stuff won't die out so easily. Since it keeps on selling, EA will continue to make it and there is nothing you can do about it. Events and media stuff such as Hot Import Nights, FnF, and car shows will always keep the car culture like that.

All this stuff will eventually kill NASCAR :sly:

you know what i wanna see.... nascar drivers and the best import street racers battle it out on talladega road course.....might be easy for drifters.... man thatd be awesome

Cosmic you need to relax. I think EA is doing a great job. They are trying to make everyone happy, and if you don't want to use rice, you don't have to. you can even leave your camaro completely stock if you feel like it. Only an idiot will get upset with someone for giving you more options. So those people that like to use rice, and trick out their cars may do so in the game, and those of you that don't, are not required to.

IceGT
Cosmic you need to relax. I think EA is doing a great job. They are trying to make everyone happy, and if you don't want to use rice, you don't have to. you can even leave your camaro completely stock if you feel like it. Only an idiot will get upset with someone for giving you more options. So those people that like to use rice, and trick out their cars may do so in the game, and those of you that don't, are not required to.

Well said.

IceGT

👍

The same thing will apply for GT5 if Polyphony Digital decides to include bodykits and/or vinyls, etc.

Ea is not doing a great job. They still charge full price for half ass games. Most Wanted was such a hollow game and the whole black edition was such a rip. The PC verison had no widescreen support, no custom resolution no post race replays horrible menus and 1999 physics. The Psp version looked and played like it should have been on the DS and still cost $50 for a 220MB game with piss poor gameplay. They purposely made the Xbox verison look exactly like the Ps2 version which looks like crap compared to the PC/360 and still sold Black editions for $60 because they know poeple will buy it.

How do you think they can pump out a new game every year? By using the same engines, tools, physics, gameplay systems. And if they claim the games use new graphics engines they dont look any different. The tire smoke in the first screens are so poor and ps1 quailty. The rood textures are not so great.

I can go on and on about EA, look at the sims and the 10 $30 expansion packs. battlefield and its $30 expansion packs. EA is not doing a good, not with anyone of their games. EA didnt like the fact that ESPN 2K5 was $20 and a better game that evolves more every year unlike Madden closing one the best football franchises.

End Rant.

Poverty
those graphics look crap.
They're not crap, they're like Most Wanted on the 360; it looks really good, but it isn't completely next-gen.
LaBounti
Most Wanted was such a hollow game
I would beg to differ. It had the exotic cars of NFS: Hot Pursuit, and it implemented the rice perfectly. It didn't overindulge, like in Underground 2, with the million vinyls, and changing the exhaust tip color, etc. And it has the best cops I've seen in any game. I've played through half of it on the PS2, and completed it on the Xbox and the 360. And whenever I play MW, it never gets boring.

Thats good Duck but minor missing elements made it unenjoyable.for me. Underground 2 was fun becuase of the drift mode that was missing in most wanted, in fact drifting wasnt part of the gameplay at all. but its just my opinion.

I will at least rent this for sure just so I can drive that new 2008 Challenger. :sly:
Oops I will be playing it on the 360.

IT BETTER HAVE ONLINE FOR PS2!

MW ****ed us over on that deal. Offline racing is one thing: BORING. Well, no, it's also another thing: REPETATIVE!

Bad enough EA sucks the life out of everything they can just because they have money.....

Roo09511
IT BETTER HAVE ONLINE FOR PS2!

MW ****ed us over on that deal. Offline racing is one thing: BORING. Well, no, it's also another thing: REPETATIVE!

Bad enough EA sucks the life out of everything they can just because they have money.....
Trust me, MW online isn't as good as you think it is.

It is boring but at least it is one of the best arcade racers out there
I probably will give it try ... but most wanted is really disappointed IMO

Latest Posts

Back