Need For Speed: Carbon (New XBOX 360 screens up!)

• Thread starter GT Pro
  • 169 comments
thedoc79
I wanto to know if the cops are more aggressive on this game
Well, I would guess that they would bring over the same cop system from Most Wanted. I don't think they'll dumb it down, but they probably won't improve.

I don't see how this game differs from the last few NFS:underground type games. I'm getting sick of how the game focuses more on drifting and the appearance of the car rather then just good solid arcade racing, like the older ones. I've had enough with the night time urban city street enviroment, i'd like to see more variety, and it better not have terrible cut scenes like underground 2.

I don't see how this game differs from the last few NFS:underground type games. I'm getting sick of how the game focuses more on drifting and the appearance of the car rather then just good solid arcade racing, like the older ones. I've had enough with the night time urban city street enviroment, i'd like to see more variety, and it better not have terrible cut scenes like underground 2.

That's why I loved Most Wanted. And for every person who prefers NFS would have arcade racing, 5 people want types of games like these.

Duċk;2377265
That's why I loved Most Wanted. And for every person who prefers NFS would have arcade racing, 5 people want types of games like these.

but...most wanted was just a toss together NFS, and quite possibly, the worst entry in the series ever.

but...most wanted was just a toss together NFS, and quite possibly, the worst entry in the series ever.
It combined all the best stuff from NFS HP2 (cops, exotics) and NFS U2 (customization, open world), but it didn't require you to rice your car to hell and back to progress through the game. It may not have been original, but it was definitely fun. It may be the worst NFS to some people, but I would beg to differ.

It combined all the best stuff from NFS HP2 (cops, exotics) and NFS U2 (customization, open world), but it didn't require you to rice your car to hell and back to progress through the game. It may not have been original, but it was definitely fun. It may be the worst NFS to some people, but I would beg to differ.

yeah, I would not call it the best NFS game, but Most wanted was not the worst either. The fact you were not forced to 'trick out' your car like in Underground, and the return of cops really made this game a favorite for me. Maybe becuase I didn't play it longer than 2 weeks, but I had found Most Wanted to be one of the better NFS games since HP 2.

As for Carbon, I'll wait till it comes out, and try it, and then give some impressions (maybe), it could be good, could be crap, we wount really know till it comes out (and if I'm completley wrong, then I'm just crazy) till then.

Maybe I'm the only one looking past the whole "content" smoke screen and realizing that the actual gameplay and car mechanics were trash?

We ALL know it's all trash.

NFS III Hot Pursuit I played when I was 5, I loved it. They need to go back and make more of the good classic ones. II For the PS2 was good, but I would like to see a NSX or somthing in it.

We ALL know it's all trash.

NFS III Hot Pursuit I played when I was 5, I loved it. They need to go back and make more of the good classic ones. II For the PS2 was good, but I would like to see a NSX or somthing in it.

NFS 1.

True, Most Wanted was atleast closer towards the 'Real' NFS series than what the Underground series had achieved. Cops, Exotics and less urban environments were a good turn-around.
Though, there were still many things missing, for one being the gameplay and playability. The original NFS games had stunning tracks and made you want to hit the track again and again with your favourite car simply to enjoy it's scenery and the car-to-track relationship. Urban environments were old since NFSUG2 came in which didn't help, what this new game needs is a serious turn-around towards actually focusing on the driving and playability more than anything else.
I'll definately be checking this new one out when it hits the shelves but I don't want to be dissappointed again.

Duċk;2381167
I like the fact they're bringing the M3 to it, but with the same tuning scheme as MW? Talk about lack of originality. (or maybe BMW doesn't want to be the next Honda.)

According to IGN, Carbon's M3 is a very confused car...

BMW M3 GTR (2003)
Engine: 3.2 Liter 24v-I6
Max Horsepower: 350 BHP
Max Torque: 270 lb/ft
0-60 MPH: 4.9 seconds
Quarter-Mile: 13.3 seconds
Top Speed: 155 MPH

The looks of the racecar, the engine of the standard M3, the horsepower/torque of the GTR street version's V8, the acceleration performance and top speed limiter of the standard M3, and the production date of the CSL...?? :lol:

After a quick scan, I don't think there are any problems with the other cars on the list they have there.

NFS isn't what it used to be, and after three chances to make it right, EA has disappointed the little arcade racer in me... :(

TDU here I come! :)

New vids, shows off the custom options, best in any game from the looks of it, stomps on Forza and everything else ever released...

When it comes to body mods, then I'd have to agree, but I'd love to see NFS Carbon let you put 600 vinyls on a car and let you create whatever you want.

The modifying depth is unbelievable, I'll be sure to try out this new feature as it's sure to turn many heads.
I'm scared as to when EA releases the figures for the amount of tuning possibilities. I'm guessing around 14,000,000,000,000.

the mods you can do to a car look sweet and the cars themselves look nice but i hate the bar rating system because on most wanted i had a golf gti with the bars on everything full and a porsche turbo with all bars full and so i thought they would be the same but the porsche anihilates the golf in every way so the bars dont tell us anything

Not to mention being able to modify a Volkswagen Golf and stay neck-to-neck with a fully modified Porsche Carrera GT. :indiff:

Very realistic.

its like that 10000 plus possible dunk combinations in the NBA live dunk contest. the number seems huge, but whem you play the game, you see that its basically the same thing with little tweaks.

i would speacially point out that need for speed always had generic body kits that aplied to every car. that´s lame.

still, the feature looks good

Back