Need Help Tuning Ferrari 458

• Thread starter rezaalli
  • 36 comments
Rezpez3
I have a 458 Italia and i need help tuning it, it currently understeers alot, like it completely just slides through corners, and when I do take the line, I end taking it extremely slow because theres no other way i can take it, So I dont know if its my entry speed or if its suspension setup? It has 713 hp and it weighs 1232

Ride Height:
-5 & 20
Spring Rate:
7.3 & 13.0
Dampers (extension):
4 & 5
Dampers (compression):
4 & 5
Anti roll Bars:
4 & 4

Camber:
1.5 & 1.5

Toe:
0.00 & 0.20

LSD Setup

Intial Torque: 30 (rear)
Acceleration Sen: 40 (rear)
Braking Sen: 20 (rear)

Tires: Racing Soft
Brakes: 7 & 7

Thank You

So much wrong... Where in the world did you come up with those values.

Make your ride height 0 front and back, make your rear toe zero, and make your LSD like... 10/15/5.

That'll fix 90% of your issues.

If you want specifics, use the stickies.

Put front toe to about -0.10
Lower anti roll in front to 2 and raise to 6 in the back.
Also, lower compression and extension of the dampers in the front to 3
Lastly, lower front brake to 5 and raise the rear to 8.

This (along with the post above, should fix most of your problems. Try it and post how it is so I can try to help if it needs it still.

Well see, in order to account to all the understeer, i thought addig oversteer would solve it, but i'll defiantly try these settings

I work on a race car in real life, and from my experience, we always set the rear, then make all changes to the front.

For example, if you are experiencing understeer (such as in your case) you would soften the front end, allowing more roll of the front end, and keeping the car more balanced all around by lowering the pressure on the outside front tire from a stiffer spring/shock/other suspension components.

rezaalli
I have a 458 Italia and i need help tuning it, it currently understeers alot, like it completely just slides through corners, and when I do take the line, I end taking it extremely slow because theres no other way i can take it, So I dont know if its my entry speed or if its suspension setup? It has 713 hp and it weighs 1232

Ride Height:
-5 & 20
Spring Rate:
7.3 & 13.0
Dampers (extension):
4 & 5
Dampers (compression):
4 & 5
Anti roll Bars:
4 & 4

Camber:
1.5 & 1.5

Toe:
0.00 & 0.20

LSD Setup

Intial Torque: 30 (rear)
Acceleration Sen: 40 (rear)
Braking Sen: 20 (rear)

Tires: Racing Soft
Brakes: 7 & 7

Thank You

It's your ride height.make your front ride height lower then the rear and use make the front toe at -0.20 and the rear toe at 0.25.make your Antiroll bars at 6/7.and lower the LSD to 15/10/and raise the braking sensitivity to 35.raise the front spring at 10.0 and lower the rear at 12.0

Last edited:
It's your ride height.make your front ride height lower then the rear.

You are so confused it confuses me... I've already pointed it out once, this time, it seems as if you understand the concept, but just lack the ability to portray what you actually mean.

I work on a race car in real life, and from my experience, we always set the rear, then make all changes to the front.

For example, if you are experiencing understeer (such as in your case) you would soften the front end, allowing more roll of the front end, and keeping the car more balanced all around by lowering the pressure on the outside front tire from a stiffer spring/shock/other suspension components.

Ugh... Do the opposite of this too.
This game is not real life. Do the opposite of what I've quoted from Shoe and dante and you'll be in good shape.

Adrenaline
So much wrong... Where in the world did you come up with those values.

Make your ride height 0 front and back, make your rear toe zero, and make your LSD like... 10/15/5.

That'll fix 90% of your issues.

If you want specifics, use the stickies.

Making your rear toe zero gonna make the rear even more unstable

lldantell
It's your ride height.make your front ride height lower then the rear and use make the front toe at -0.20 and the rear toe at 0.25.make your Antiroll bars at 6/7.and lower the LSD to 15/10/and raise the braking sensitivity to 35.raise the front spring at 10.0 and lower the rear at 12.0

What is this? He is pushing! He needs more front roll, so less anti roll bar. And the rear toe is ridiculous. It should be at or near 0.00

Adrenaline
Ugh... Do the opposite of this too.
This game is not real life. Do the opposite of what I've quoted from Shoe and dante and you'll be in good shape.

No. This works. I've tuned ~150 cars in this game now, and this works.

Adrenaline
I don't think you know what understeer means...
The rear is TOO stable. Thus REMOVING rear toe.

When the rear be too unstable,the rear going to be jumping if you go to a track like the nurburgring.try to make the rear sharper is like you try to use high camber

Softening front springs=more roll=less pressure on outside front wheel=more balanced car=more grip through corner=LESS UNDERSTEER

When the rear be too unstable,the rear going to be jumping if you go to a track like the nurburgring

Rear the OP. His car is TOO STABLE. That's why were making it LESS STABLE by removing rear toe. You aren't arguing with me, you just can't figure out what you're trying to say, or what the OP was trying to say. Either way, the point remains.

lldantell
When the rear be too unstable,the rear going to be jumping if you go to a track like the nurburgring

You are just confusing everyone here and saying things that don't help in any way. Please stop

Softening front springs=more roll=less pressure on outside front wheel=more balanced car=more grip through corner=LESS UNDERSTEER

Wrong. Take any car you choose, max the front spring, min the rear. LOOSE car. Min the front, max the rear, TIGHT car.

Adrenaline
Wrong. Take any car you choose, max the front spring, min the rear. LOOSE car. Min the front, max the rear, TIGHT car.

That makes no sense. Explain to me how the 🤬 this works. Explain the physics that make a car loose when the rear has a lot of roll and the front has none.

Explanations mean nothing, examples mean the world. I don't know why, I don't care why. Cause and effect. What I've written above, is what happens in this game. Therefor all that matters for the subject at hand. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just informing you, that in regards to GT5, what you have posted, is inaccurate.

The issue is, what I am saying also works in gt5. From my experience in gt5, that is what I have found to work. I'm not arguing. I'm stating my opinion.

The issue is, what I am saying also works in gt5

You're wrong. I don't know how else to say it.
If you disagree, go perform the simple test I've laid out.
It'll literally take you less than 5 minutes to realize, that:
Soft Front Springs + Stiff Rear Springs = Understeer / tight / push
Stiff Front Springs + Soft Rear Springs = Oversteer / loose / etc

Adrenaline

I don't have access to a playstation right now, but I will try it tomorrow. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just find it strange that this could possibly work, when I believe that the opposite works, and can prove the physics of it.

I thin I understand why you are saying what up are saying. What I am saying is true, however, what you are saying is also true. The issue is finding a balance. If a car is too soft in the front, and too stiff in the rear, it will work good until a point, and when it hits that point, it becomes extremely tight. The opposite is also true in regards to oversteer

So If I change my Front spring rate to 10.5 and leave the rear where it is, do you think itll be balanced?

So If I change my Front spring rate to 10.5 and leave the rear where it is, do you think itll be balanced?

I think you should do what I told you in my first post and go from there. Spring rates aren't nearly as effective as ride heights and LSD.

To be perfectly honest, I think you should just use GT5Tune, and find a baseline you like, and then tweak it to your liking, rather than trying to create an entire tune of your own.

That makes no sense. Explain to me how the 🤬 this works. Explain the physics that make a car loose when the rear has a lot of roll and the front has none.

Please stop with the physics in this game.They are not real world and never will be.Take some advise and try what he said.

I'm on Adrenalines side.

But under certain circumstances a slightly softer front than rear can work. It's a very rare case though and I only use it on a handful cars.

Back