New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
Theres nothing wrong with modeling (very) similar cars.

A problem only arises when you spend an inordinate amount of time modeling said cars.

Polyphony have to be more conscious of this - If you have a small staff and take months to model cars, wouldn't it be prudent to be a little more picky when it comes to picking additional cars?

yeah i just did a few laps of the 24 HR Nurburgring track with the GTR for some photos and under hard braking the rear end wants to come around.. really weird i usually drive with ABS 1 like most but i had to kick it up to 4-5 to get it from being so twitchy under hard braking

its also noticeably slower than the regular 2012 GT-R it was about .5 secs off the speed test

nrburgring24h10.jpg

nrburgring24h8m.jpg

yeah i just did a few laps of the 24 HR Nurburgring track with the GTR for some photos and under hard braking the rear end wants to come around.. really weird i usually drive with ABS 1 like most but i had to kick it up to 4-5 to get it from being so twitchy under hard braking

nrburgring24h10.jpg

nrburgring24h8m.jpg

Have you tried to drive it with comfort soft tires ? It's very tail happy at the rear:crazy:

na i just ran it a 100% as is as i wanted to see how close i could come to the actual car's best lap of 9:18 in mostly darkness

The Subaru is just a rebadge of the FR-S. Still worth having for 99 pennies but kind of disappointing since the cars have different suspension set ups in reality.

I drove the BR-Z and FR-S back to back at Nurb, Tsukuba, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain, both stock. The handling is identical, as were my lap times. The only difference between these cars in GT5 are looks and engine note.

All the specs from transmission to diff to suspension are identical as well so it was not really a surprise.

The HSV-010 is fun, definitely a new car and a blast to drive. I skipped the GT-R. Good DLC for the most part.

I can't believe they're charging me $8 HKD for a DLC car. :eek:
I was originally expecting them to cost <$7, with $7.5 at most, but $8 for a DLC?! :crazy:
Oh well, I've just bought the HSV anyway. :indiff:

The Subaru is just a rebadge of the FR-S. Still worth having for 99 pennies but kind of disappointing since the cars have different suspension set ups in reality.

I drove the BR-Z and FR-S back to back at Nurb, Tsukuba, Grand Valley and Trial Mountain, both stock. The handling is identical, as were my lap times. The only difference between these cars in GT5 are looks and engine note.

All the specs from transmission to diff to suspension are identical as well so it was not really a surprise.

The HSV-010 is fun, definitely a new car and a blast to drive. I skipped the GT-R. Good DLC for the most part.

The subaru has different body panels, has different body kits, has different headlights, has different interior pieces, has different handling characteristics... It's more than a rebadge.

The subaru has different body panels, has different body kits, has different headlights, has different interior pieces, has different handling characteristics... It's more than a rebadge.

Well, look here:
http://www.fr-sforum.com/forums/fr-...u-brz-vs-scion-fr-s-side-side-comparison.html

They're almost the same car in RL, and this is even more true in-game.
It doesn't certainly take 6 months of time* to model these differences.
Plus, Obsidian-2 confirmed they have the same specs in-game and that they handle the same (if specifications are the same, that's obvious).

*infamous figure provided by PD apparently representing the amount of time needed to model a Premium car

pd really messed up the sound in the hsv-010.the real car sound like a f1 car.the hsv in gt5 sounds like a v6 volkswagen

I think we can all be glad you have nothing to do with it either; it sounds nothing like a V6.

I understand there's this anti-V6 culture in the US; marketing influencing the mindset of the general public FTL - you must aspire to the more expensive V8, or you're not a real man. But saying that something you don't like must sound like a V6 (and a Volkswagen V6 at that - it's foreign!) is just a bit stupid, especially when you're wrong.

To my ears, it sounds like a turbo-charged inline-four.

Crap...I'm literally 7 cents short of being able to buy the HSV. :mad:

Guess I won't be getting anything then. I'm certainly not buying a $20 PSN card just to get one car.

the Honda & Subaru drive great, but the Nissan needs some serious tuning...
anyone got any tunes for the Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy '12 yet?

About the new N24 GTR, it is indeed very unique car, for a start, it has unique sound ( try watch a replay ), then the suspension, most cars in GT5 have a very generic wheel alignment. This one has this :
Spring Rate F:19.4 kgf/mm R:13.3kgf/mm
Camber F:2.5 R:2.0
Toe : F:-1.00 R:0.50

I think this here is the issue. Stiff/soft spring rates makes cars rotate more, the bigger the gap, the more the rotation…and follow that train of thought to get to the handling issue of the GT-R…I don't have DLC, so this is just a shot in the dark.

I'm surprised that PD didn't just drop some generic stuff on it though…but I can't say I'm entirely surprised this happened with the GT-R. :lol:

Can't we go more than a page and a half before someone says this again?

I wonder if it's supposed to sound differently than the 86-GT/FR-S in real life?

Well, look here:
http://www.fr-sforum.com/forums/fr-...u-brz-vs-scion-fr-s-side-side-comparison.html

They're almost the same car in RL, and this is even more true in-game.
It doesn't certainly take 6 months of time* to model these differences.
Plus, Obsidian-2 confirmed they have the same specs in-game and that they handle the same (if specifications are the same, that's obvious).

*infamous figure provided by PD apparently representing the amount of time needed to model a Premium car
3-6 months which has to include quality control. I'd assume the cars that took longest were MR's with the visible engine bay and then race cars maybe?

Indeed I did. I've also just driven the FR-S. Here's my comparison:

Handling: The BRZ is a very neutral, well balanced car to drive. It rarely under or oversteers, but neither of these aren't possible. The BRZ does oversteer at times, but only upon exiting the corner when the power comes on late into the RPMs, whereas the FR-S oversteers earlier on in the game, and is easier to maintain slides in. Look at it this way: the FR-S starts sliding, and keeps it up, whereas the BRZ's oversteer is usually a quick kick of the tail at the end of the corner.

Acceleration/Sound: The BRZ sounds much different than the Toyotas. The FR-S has a distinct, higher-pitched, Boxer rumble. The BRZ on the other hand does not have that Boxer rumble; it sounds much more akin to a normal four cylinder, though I think the sound sample was taken from an Impreza, as you can actually hear turbo-spool in high RPMs, and we all know the BRZ is naturally aspirated. I assume it's a lack of effort on PD's part.

But overall, I found the BRZ to be different enough to warrant the purchase price, and it really is different from the Toyota twins.
I would say the BRZ sounds more like a boxer than the Toyotas.
I think this has more credibility than the other One by Obsidian-2.

Ok how about we clear up once and for all what the differences are on the BRZ and FR-S.

http://blog.perrinperformance.com/brz-fr-s-what-is-the-difference/

If you don't want to read it all basically:

there is some suspension differences in spring rates and dampening, but other than that, the actual suspension, engine, drivetrain, intake and exhaust are the same between the two cars. That even goes for the entire engine bay, as BRZ and FR-S share the same Subaru body panels, Subaru/Toyota plastic engine cover, Subaru branded engine, and so on.

The changes are all minor cosmetic changes which can be seen on the link.

So yes, they're not simply badge swaps but they're also not completely different, they're predominantly the same car.

The end.

3-6 months which has to include quality control. I'd assume the cars that took longest were MR's with the visible engine bay and then race cars maybe?
Stuff with active aerodynamic pieces, if I had to guess. I feel for whatever guy has to do QA on the HSR-II if they ever make it a Premium.

Back