New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
Now can people please stop responding to my posts? I know you guys are trying to change my mind, but it isn't working.

What? You post stuff on a forum and don't want people to respond to your writing?
It doesn't work like that, if you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen I'd say.
I'm not trying to change your mind, just pointing out flaws in your logic, whether you are persuaded or not by it is entirely your decision, not something which is my concern either way.

Which rather defeats the purpose of a forum. And if you want us to stop responding to your posts, don't engage in the conversation then.

I just kind of wish that when stuff like this happened, I actually got some back-up instead of me all by my self against ten or so other people. I also wish people were a bit more open minded.

We'll back you up when you state things like Gran Turismo is exclusive to Playstation. Not really when the statement is the BRZ 86GT and the FR-S are all different, when in reality they are all the same sheep with different wool on them. Only the BRZ is somewhat different, but you have to drive it hard to actually find the difference.

That said, nothing wrong with being wrong bro.

I made dumb comments all the time only to be corrected by the forum, to which I'm grateful for.

I just kind of wish that when stuff like this happened, I actually got some back-up instead of me all by my self against ten or so other people.
Why must we all agree with you?
I also wish people were a bit more open minded.
Funny.
Why do people care about the sound so much? Sure, I want them to actually sound like cars, but they don't need to be perfect. If you want them to sound right, then other parts of the game will suffer. I personally feel they can sacrifice car sounds a bit to focus on making other aspects good.
I agree 100%. People need to stop going on about how the sounds of cars 'suck'. People need to be grateful that they even put work into these so that they are actually in the game.
Can people please stop complaining about the sounds?

So does anyone know when it will be released in the EU, Wednesday 3-4pm? :)

I personaly can't wait for these new cars :D.

I just kind of wish that when stuff like this happened, I actually got some back-up instead of me all by my self against ten or so other people. I also wish people were a bit more open minded.

Just to be clear, you think the Subaru, Toyota and Scion are different and focus on the small things that are indeed different whilst most of us focus on the 99% which is the same, which isn't surprising since this car (or cars if you will) is a joint venture or collaboration between Subaru and Toyota and as a result the similarities are much more significant to most than the minor differences.

This has been done before, Toyota did it before with their Aygo which was a joint venture with PSA and the PSA cars (Peugeot 107 and Citroën C1) and the Aygo are the same car underneath, despite looking slightly different, especially the front end treatment where the differences are much bigger than those of the BreezeFrees

car_photo_208559_7.jpg

If the mechanical differences were bigger (different engines, different drivetrain, etc.) then most would agree they were indeed different cars.
But then the modelling on PD's part would still be the same 'copy and paste' job as it currently is.

Same here. You were wrong for the most part this time though. Learning experience.

About what? The same car with differen't badges being on GT5 twice? I might as well call the prius family of cars completely different cars.
No. wow

sumbrownkid
We'll back you up when you state things like Gran Turismo is exclusive to Playstation. Not really when the statement is the BRZ 86GT and the FR-S are all different, when in reality they are all the same sheep with different wool on them. Only the BRZ is somewhat different, but you have to drive it hard to actually find the difference.

That said, nothing wrong with being wrong bro.

I made dumb comments all the time only to be corrected by the forum, to which I'm grateful for.

Allow me to correct you again then, they can't be the same and different at the same time. Furthermore, "only the..." and "different" do not make sense in succession, there will always be a another different counterpart - in this case the GT 86 or FR-S.

Allow me to correct you again then, they can't be the same and different at the same time. Furthermore, "only the..." and "different" do not make sense in succession, there will always be a another different counterpart - in this case the GT 86 or FR-S.

What? Bro what you just said went way over my head. And possibly made it explode too.

The BRZ is pretty much the same car only with a different badge and a slightly different suspension set up. That's what I was getting at. Everything is pretty much the same in design. Perhaps quality is different but I doubt it.

Unless you guys wantin' to pick a forum fight with this young whipper snapper?:)

Last edited:
^:lol: @ Gtuned

The HSV is great, and the GT-R looks amazing, the attention to detail is great, even though it gets all funny under braking. Haven't tried the BR-Z yet. To be honest the DLC isn't that bad at all. You can't please everyone.

Hey, look. Information! :D
Those look really nice, gonna pop some bucks into my account for the HSV and maybe for the GT-R.

sumbrownkid
What? Bro what you just said went way over my head.

The BRZ is pretty much the same car only with a different badge and a different suspension set up.

They cannot be the same and different, it's one or the other. And saying that the BRZ is the only different one is like saying that the GT 86 or FR-S are the only different ones. You see, it makes no sense because it will always be different compared to something else, thus that is different too and the entire point falls apart.

dice1998
About what? The same car with differen't badges being on GT5 twice? I might as well call the prius family of cars completely different cars.

I hear that the Subie drive different just like it does in reality.

They cannot be the same and different, it's one or the other. And saying that the BRZ is the only different one is like saying that the GT 86 or FR-S are the only different ones. You see, it makes no sense because it will always be different compared to something else, thus that is different too and the entire point falls apart.

So what you're saying is, the BRZ can't be different because I said it's the same (sheep's wool remark) and then I went to counter myself by saying it's different because it's mechanically somewhat different (the suspension set up)?

But that's what exactly the BRZ is. Same in it's design, but slightly different in it's execution via the suspension set up. The FR-S and 86 share the same mechanical stuff to being almost identical. Have a random guy look at it, and he'll be hard pressed to find the differences at first glance beyond the badging and trim pieces.

In the grand scheme of things, they are all the same. In the minute details of things, they are all different. It's possible to be same and different.:dopey:

tpark103
Photos please.... I'd love to see what they look like fully dressed up. I'm unfortunately away on business maybe for another three weeks. The good news I get to see Ferrari's everyday in real life the bad news I can't drive em' lol They just pass me when I'm walkin in Miami. Hahahaha

You're in Miami?! Make sure to pass by the Collection dealership in Gables. Ferraris, Astons, McLarens, you name it :sly:

Hope you have a great time here :)

Sorry I went off topic there. Enjoying the DLC btw :D

sumbrownkid
So what you're saying is, the BRZ can't be different because I said it's the same (sheep's wool remark) and then I went to counter myself by saying it's different because it's mechanically somewhat different (the suspension set up)?

Something like that...

sumbrownkid
But that's what exactly the BRZ is. Same in it's design, but slightly different in it's execution via the suspension set up. The FR-S and 86 share the same mechanical stuff to being almost identical. Have a random guy look at it, and he'll be hard pressed to find the differences at first glance beyond the badging and trim pieces.

In the grand scheme of things, they are all the same. In the minute details of things, they are all different. It's possible to be same and different.:dopey:

Essentially the cars are different, they just happen to share like 98% of their DNA.

Question. Has anyone driven the GT86 and the FRS after the update to confirm that the BR-Z is different. I'm not on so I can check. :/

Back