New DLC September 26: HSV-010, BRZ, GT-R N24 '12

• Thread starter Keshian
  • 1,094 comments
On the sounds in general, I just wish PD put the same effort into them as they did the graphics. I mean, can you imagine how good the sound effects would be if they applied the same exacting standards they use when building the graphical elements of the cars? The importance of accurate sound effects cannot be overstated; as a car lover I'd say it's a key part of the experience, and to suffer such a lack of authenticity in this area only serves to degrade an experience which I regard as almost perfect in other ways (graphics, and most importantly, driving feel).

Is it an issue worth complaining (and continuing to complain) about, loudly enough that PD hears it? Definitely.

Yeah, I see it. It's on the photostream.

Here's one I picked from Photostream, possibly the one you meant.

5aKXO9HpFI9avXTxmDr_0.jpg

Does it sound like this by any unlucky chance?

It is a copy and paste when the majority of the modelling is shared between the three cars.

Almost, more umh ... like more deep, low? (sorry, even google translate didn't help :indiff: )

Sound haters. Have you considered that with GT6 in development that as PD are working on it they are only porting these old sounds because they are focusing on GT6?

Completely different? That is just not true, the vast majority of the three cars share the same parts. Slightly different, yes. Completely different, no.

Also if you don't think PD built the BRZ by copying and pasting the 86 and making the small changes you're very naive.

I am not naive. I just simply am open to things.

Sound haters. Have you considered that with GT6 in development that as PD are working on it they are only porting these old sounds because they are focusing on GT6?
They were fixing on getting it into GT5 before it released though. IIIII don't think they can use the "ran into problems" excuse for this lol.

Here's one I picked from Photostream, possibly the one you meant.

*Subaru BRZ with Impreza STI wing*
That's pretty nice to me.
Almost, more umh ... like more deep, low? (sorry, even google translate didn't help :indiff: )
Thanks!
Read:
What if I told you GT5 Premium cars will more than likely move to GT6? You can even say that these three cars are GT6 cars scaled down for GT5.

Don't be silly. Haters are going to hate.

Nevermind that PD are busy making GT6 with a staff of what, 160?

What are you open to? The possibility PD created all 3 cars from scratch when there's absolutely no reason to other than deliberately wasting time, money and resources?

This is the same game by the same developer which has been for a decade now, let's face it, absolutely awful at noting and modeling differences between slight variations of cars. The days of GT2 where they made damn sure to model all the tiny nuances that made one version of a car different from another are a distant memory in light of the Lexus GS300 with the Supra RZ motor, the AWD Mitsubishi 3000GT SL and Nissan 240SX with the SR20DET motor.

So why should people consider the 3 BreezeFrees models, which even in real life differ only in optional equipment offered, suspension tuning and the front bumper/headlight assembly, to be completely different models? They simply are not, nor would PD have modeled them as such. They don't even have as many differences from each other as infamous GM badge jobs like the Chevrolet Malibu/Oldsmobile Cutlass of the late 90s did.

So why should people consider the 3 BreezeFrees models, which even in real life differ only in optional equipment offered, suspension tuning and the front bumper/headlight assembly, to be completely different models? They simply are not, nor would PD have modeled them as such. They don't even have as many differences from each other as infamous GM badge jobs like the Chevrolet Malibu/Oldsmobile Cutlass of the late 90s did.

That is how they are different cars. To me, even stuff like that is enough to be a different car. Even different badges are enough to call them different.

That is how they are different cars. To me, even stuff like that is enough to be a different car. Even different badges are enough to call them different.
But you said they were completely different cars, apart that you made it read like it was a fact.
And an opinion isn't a fact.
:dunce:

Yes, slightly different. Not completely different as you claimed earlier.

But you said they were completely different cars, apart that you made it read like it was a fact.
And an opinion isn't a fact.
:dunce:

When did I say it was a fact? I was just stating my opinion.

Yes, slightly different. Not completely different as you claimed earlier.

They are still different. Now can people please stop responding to my posts? I know you guys are trying to change my mind, but it isn't working.

If a badge reads Subaru you wouldn't call it a Toyota obviously, that doesn't make them different cars, just differently named cars.
There's an actual term for this coined in the sixties when it was common practice by the British Motor Corporation, it's called badge-engineering and even then the cosmetic differences were often much bigger than those of the BreezeFrees trio.

You guys seem to forget the current badge engineering masters: GM. :P

Right. People can't call it copy and paste because it isn't. The 86, FR-S, and BRZ are 3 completely different cars. Sure, they may not look it, but they are.

:rolleyes:

Because recording one single sound file, which can be done while they have the car in for laser scanning, is a 6 year job which wouldn't include delays and it'd require all of PD to come together to get this one. single. sound. file.

This is the same game by the same developer which has been for a decade now, let's face it, absolutely awful at noting and modeling differences between slight variations of cars. The days of GT2 where they made damn sure to model all the tiny nuances that made one version of a car different from another are a distant memory in light of the Lexus GS300 with the Supra RZ motor, the AWD Mitsubishi 3000GT SL and Nissan 240SX with the SR20DET motor.

That's not exactly fair. People (me too, haven't tried the BRZ) have noticed the stated differences of these cars. The duplicates are of the Standard cars. I'm sure there are problems with the Premiums, but think about GT's past.

GT2 had 600 cars. GT3 had a fraction of that and the same physics engine when moving to a new console. GT4 had +800 and a new physics engine.
GT5 has X with a new physics engine that's a WHOLE lot more dynamic than the past ones due to the level of performance PS3 games can output, which seems? like it was as big of a jump from the PS1 to the PS2.

Still, otakukid96, the three cars aren't totally different performance-wise as I've come to learn each time one of them released from learning about it first, then "driving" them. The differences are there though.

Isn't there a thread for the faults that the cars/Premiums have?

otakukid96
When did I say it was a fact? I was just stating my opinion.

They are still different. Now can people please stop responding to my posts? I know you guys are trying to change my mind, but it isn't working.

If you post a bold statement like you did you need to be prepared to defend it. Don't post something then moan when people pull you up on it.

You guys seem to forget the current badge engineering masters: GM. :P

:rolleyes:

Because recording one single sound file, which can be done while they have the car in for laser scanning, is a 6 year job which wouldn't include delays and it'd require all of PD to come together to get this one. single. sound. file.
Really? haha record once and the work stops. What the hell?

6 years?

"sound. file." shouldn't have a period in between them. Sounds strange in my head. Stop it.

Which rather defeats the purpose of a forum. And if you want us to stop responding to your posts, don't engage in the conversation then.

At the end of the day, If PD keeps saying perfection this and that, then the sounds have to come up to par. This issue with PD's sound recording is more perplexing than the question of God's existence.

That said, I don't get too annoyed by the sounds themselves, but I admit that they need way more work.

another_jakhole
Really? haha record once and the work stops. What the hell?

6 years?

"sound. file." shouldn't have a period in between them. Sounds strange in my head. Stop it.

He was being sarcastic suggesting that focus on gt6 development is no excuse for Gt5 DLC to be lacking quality. It would have only taken one good recording session to get the HSV captured.

At the end of the day, If PD keeps saying perfection this and that, then the sounds have to come up to par. This issue with PD's sound recording is more perplexing than the question of God's existence.

That said, I don't get too annoyed by the sounds themselves, but I admit that they need way more work.

+1 to that comment. 👍 Better engines sounds what makes a car good.

Back