New GT5 A-spec Matchmaker Spreadsheet

• Thread starter calan_svc
  • 115 comments
how come it never shows ANY matches for me when I try to find matches? No matter how many cars I own or what event I choose ..

Please see what I posted above...

If cars aren't showing up, it's because their power-to-weight ratio falls outside the window for what you are searching for. For the roadster for example, the event is searching for cars with a P/W of .148. The roadster you mentioned has a P/W of only .124, so it would only show up if you were searching for cars that are more difficult to win with. (or possibly if you expand the window to be wider). The Ferrari 512 shows up at difficulty = 75%...so in other words it should be pretty easy to win that race with. :)

If nothing shows up, then try a different difficulty value or a wider search window.

as already said, combination doesn't matter, it wont show anything.
I marked all 1031 cars as owned and still when I try to find matches its always empty saying 0 matches.

as already said, combination doesn't matter, it wont show anything.
I marked all 1031 cars as owned and still when I try to find matches its always empty saying 0 matches.

That makes no sense, unless we're just missing something here.

What version of Excel are you using? You are clicking "Find Matches!", and not "Go To Car List"...right? :)

As an example:

1. Select the first event, Sunday Cup
2. Set Difficulty = 100%, Window = 10%
3. Both checkboxes unchecked

You should see .148 next to "Target P/W" in the "Search Filters" boxes (and nothing else). When you click "Find Matches!", it should take you to the car list and you should see 64 cars in the game that would be competitive in this race.

Last edited:
yes,
I wish I could capture it and show cuz it really doesnt make any sense.

How are you marking the car's you own? You have to type in "Yes" or "yes". If you type "x" or any other word then two mentioned above, it won't show up as it is outside of what the filter is looking for

This is amazing work I think this is going to inspire people to redo many of the races again and have a new more challenging perspective of the game. 👍

How are you marking the car's you own? You have to type in "Yes" or "yes". If you type "x" or any other word then two mentioned above, it won't show up as it is outside of what the filter is looking for

Good point. I should have mentioned that.

Regardless of that, if the "Only show cars that are owned" box is not checked, it shouldn't matter. He should be able to see 64 cars for the first event as mentioned above.

I've uploaded a new version that includes:

1. The help (comments) now show the version number in the upper left of the Events page. The latest version is 1.3.

2. The target P/W for the selected event is now shown on the car list page.

3. When matches are displayed, the car list is now automatically sorted by P/W, with the highest at the top. The most evenly matched car(s) will be in the middle, and the cars that are easiest to win with will be at the top and the hardest at the bottom.

4. Fixed some issues with the Super GT cars not displaying properly

To easily update the sheet and not have to re-enter which cars you own and the HP/weight info:

1. Rename your existing sheet

2. Open both sheets, and make sure that all cars are shown and both car lists are sorted by make/model.

3. Copy the data from your existing sheet (HP, Weight, Own, and Modded columns) and paste it into the new worksheet. (You may want to copy individual cells rather than entire columns, to prevent the column order from being accidently messed up.)

Note that this only works if you haven't added any more cars. If any are added to the sheet when I update it, I'll make sure to mention it at that time.

Last edited:
Quite awesome! Thanks for putting the time in on this.

One note. From the results window when you click on "show all cars" there are not buttons on the left to return to the event selection window etc. Or maybe there are and they aren't showing up in Office 2010.

One note. From the results window when you click on "show all cars" there are not buttons on the left to return to the event selection window etc. Or maybe there are and they aren't showing up in Office 2010.

You may need to scroll up. It should do it automatically on 2007 and earlier, but not sure if 2010 understands all the old macro commands (I've heard it doesn't).

Thanks BTW. I hope people enjoy it. ;)

What are the chances that a field for car color could be easily added? I like keeping track of this on my current sheet and it would be ace to have that handy in one spot.

What are the chances that a field for car color could be easily added? I like keeping track of this on my current sheet and it would be ace to have that handy in one spot.

I was thinking about adding 3-4 miscellaneous fields that people could use for whatever they want. That would make it easy to update (without people having different numbers of columns, etc.)

I'll probably add that within the next couple of updates.

If you REALLY need something now, you can just add an additional column. BUT... you need to unhide columns first and make sure to add it after the last hidden column that is used for the vehicle count. Just inserting a column at random will cause the underlying code to not work properly since it is looking at specific column ID's for the filtering.

Last edited:
Quite awesome! Thanks for putting the time in on this.

I'm having the same problem. Once I click show all cars, the only thing I can do is close the file and reopen it to get back to the other screens.
I made sure I was at the top of the page and didn't need to scroll.
Aside from that problem, the rest looks great.
Luckily I have been keeping track of all my cars I have in Excel, and with some matching I was able to auto update the "Yes" column based on my existing data. 👍

BTW, I'm on Office 2010 Professional Plus.

Hmmm... this must be an issue with Office 2010. (I personally can't stand what MS did with that BTW..from what I've seen anyway. :) )

You could go into options and turn the sheet tabs on, and then switch that way. I just turned them off and added the button to make it a little easier to navigate. All the top button on each page does is just switch sheets like clicking the tabs would.

The "Show All Cars" button basically turns the Autofilter off and on; maybe it's a Office 2010 issue with the way Autofilters are implemented.

This seems like awesome work, but unfortunately I am also one of those that get up no results when pressing "Find matches".

I've tried just using the cars set as owned as it is and also unchecking the "only show cars that are owned".

Another thing is the difficulty slider, it starts at 50% for easy, then goes up to 99% in the middle, and then everything to the right of 99% is shown as "####", but I suspect this is just a space constraint issue in the spreadsheet.

@gambleboyen

Are you also on 2010? I see nothing like this, and can't duplicate that behavior at all. :boggled:

EDIT:

Ok, I can get the difficulty display issue to show up if I change the zoom setting. At 100% zoom it looks fine on mine, but if I set it less than that I see what you described. What is your zoom set to?

I've removed all the protection code from the worksheet. Maybe that is causing a problem due to how 2010 works with protected content. I also turned on the sheet tabs display.

Last edited:
I've got a Macbook Pro running Numbers '09...never had an issue opening any excel files before, but the sheet seems t have lost all functionality when I open it.

Have any other mac users been able to use this spreadsheet?

I'm on 2007 sadly, I'll try it again later...

And i get the #### on all zoom settings. Can it have anything with screen resolution maybe?

I'm on 2007 sadly, I'll try it again later...

And i get the #### on all zoom settings. Can it have anything with screen resolution maybe?

Well Excel 2007 was almost as **** as 2010 :D

Not sure on the resolution. I wouldn't think so, but I guess it's possible. Are you using large fonts in Windows by any chance? I've seen that cause problems in 3rd party software as well as in Microsoft's own programs like Office.

Regardless of any macro functionality issues, the display issue shouldn't be there at all. That's just plain old text in a worksheet cell, so it sounds like an Excel 2007 issue.

Tried version 1.4 as well now with the same results. But to be honest I've always found excel and word on this laptop to act a bit weird. I've got an other computer here which I can try once my wife gets up ;-)

Also I can try it at work on monday. But for now you can just ignore my issue I guess, since it seems most people can use it without problems.

By me doesn't work version 1.4
I have tried it on Virtual XP machine with, office 2000 or 2003 or 2007 and also this tried on physic Win7 machine but i can't see the results when i select a race.

I can only see full list of the cars.

I have read the help function and have many different configuration set it but nothing helps.

What i'm doing wrong? or maybe is the macro corrupt?

In all office versions i enable macro's but also set up macros to low profile or enable it for always.

Sorry guys.. I don't know what to say. It works great for me on both Excel 2000 and 2003, and apparently for other people as well. I really wish I knew why it doesn't seem to work for some.

If anyone can do some tests or help troubleshoot what could possibly be happening, I'd appreciate any input you have to offer.

Has anyone got it to work ok on 2007 and/or 2010?

I have Office 2008 for Mac, and when I open the file in Excel it says the file contains visual basic macros, but that those visual basic macros do not work in office for mac 2008. It gives me the option to open and remove macros, close, or open the file. even if i click open, all i get is the car list and the buttons do not do anything.

I have Office 2008 for Mac, and when I open the file in Excel it says the file contains visual basic macros, but that those visual basic macros do not work in office for mac 2008. It gives me the option to open and remove macros, close, or open the file. even if i click open, all i get is the car list and the buttons do not do anything.

I would kind of expect something like that on a Mac, but I don't understand why it is causing issues on Windows systems.

From the menu bar in Excel you need to click on Tools > select Options. Then click on the security tab and click the button Macro Security. Change it low and click OK. Restart Excel and then you should then be able to open the file with the macros.

By the way, awesome spreadsheet calan_svc. Thanks for putting this together.

Back