New GT5 A-spec Matchmaker Spreadsheet

• Thread starter calan_svc
  • 115 comments
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but how does the program know what cars I have? lol

By the way, brilliant work.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I got it now haha

I'm working on version 1.6 which will have some new goodies, and am currently working on updating more car data.

If anyone spots any incorrect HP or weight numbers for "stock" cars (no mods, oil change only), please PM me the corrections. First-hand experience only please. ;)

Thanks much!

I'm working on version 1.6 which will have some new goodies, and am currently working on updating more car data.

If anyone spots any incorrect HP or weight numbers for "stock" cars (no mods, oil change only), please PM me the corrections. First-hand experience only please. ;)

Thanks much!

Is there a way to clear the "owned" cars data to default?

Most of the time, I race a series/race the first time through with a car I know will win the race/series either because I have upgraded tires or my car is just more powerful. Doing it this way, I win the prize car quickly, but there is very little racing going on because after the first few turns, I never see an AI car again. It works for me basically as a practice and is a good way to learn the tracks and the car handling while still earning credits and XP. Doing it this way however, makes the game more of a driving sim as there really isn't much racing going on for most of the laps.

I have been using this spreadsheet for the last several days to get some better racing against the AI and I must say it is a great. Matching my car to the AI cars sure does change the experience of GT5. When not out front for most of the race, handling seems quite different and you have to deal with bumps and contact with the AI cars that aren't there when you are in the lead. It definitely makes it more of a racing sim. Previous to finding your spreadsheet, I would usually do that by just picking one of the cars being used by the AI. The spreadsheet gives a lot of different choices from my garage for close racing.

This is awesome! Now does anyone know of a good spreadsheet app for the iPad?

I'll have to go back and check what cars I used during my most competitive races to see if I was actually challenging myself or if I'm just a bad driver.

Version 1.6 is available with lots of new stuff. (1st post updated).

Version 1.6 changes:

1. Added the ability to hide and show columns with a single button. The columns you want to see can be selected on the "Misc" sheet.

2. Added a new field called "ABH Rating". This is a rating based on acceleration, braking, and handling, and provides a way to compare cars of similar P/W ratios. It's created by running consistent laps on the Autumn Ring Mini track, and normalizing the times against all other cars. A value of 10 is best, 1 is the worst. I'll be updating these ratings as time permits.

For those interested... the laps on the ARM are run with SS tires, auto tranny, ABS = 1, and no aids except for some TCS if absolutely necessary. All cars are completely stock with no tuning (oil change only), and I use a sim rig with a G25 setup and a Sony 55" HDTV. The time used to create the rating for each car is the fastest "legal" lap that I can run consistently on warm tires. I usually run 10-15 laps (or until I get into a good rhythm with each car), and then just start improving lap times until I'm at a steady "fastest" pace.

3. Added the ability to change the color and font of owned and favorite cars. You can set these properties on the "Misc" sheet.

4. Added the tracks and number of laps for each event. More track data will be added in future versions.

5. Added more sorting options to the car list.

6. Added a column for 1/4 times. I've tested a few cars using a make-shift track that I measured out on the TGTT; if a true 1/4 track ever gets added to the game, I'll use this and update these numbers as time permits.

7. Updated HP and weight numbers for all cars. I believe these should all be accurate now for every stock car.

As before, the comments will explain whats going on. (New comments are in yellow).

To copy your previous data over, make sure all the columns are displayed and then just copy and paste. Make sure that you sort both the old and new sheets by Make/Model, and then copy the data one column at a time for best results.

Note that there is just one example car at the top of the list, which you can delete or copy over. All other fields have been reset to default.

Last edited:
Hi Calan, link is dead, I get 'The page cannot be found' when clicked.

Edit: Just tried again and it is now working.

I have had a quick look at V1.6, awesome job once again 👍. It will give me something to do tonight, put my cars in again.

Outstanding job again, calan_svc. :cheers:

Any idea on when the Endurance events will be added, assuming you planning on doing so, of course? I'm finally getting around to these in A-Spec and it would prove helpful. :D

Thanks TB.

Not sure on the endurance events. I haven't run them myself (and won't until PD puts a save in place)...but I'll see if I can get some data on them and look into adding them to the next version.

Since I'm currently running them, albeit slowly, is there any info that I could collect for you to help out?

TB
Since I'm currently running them, albeit slowly, is there any info that I could collect for you to help out?

About the only thing I need is the list of opponents (HP and weight) that the game shows, the track, and laps where applicable. I haven't even looked at them in a long time; I'm something like A-spec level 36 now, so I guess I've unlocked most of them. :)

I'd just need the info for whatever isn't unlocked for me to browse around in.

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful work you did right there!

It does seem to work very well! Thanks so much for this, it's going to make my GT5 experience much better.

I might go through all events again using the spreadsheet! 👍 I love tight races!

Last edited:
Great idea! That's a ton of work!

I've started over with the idea of not spending money on cars. I want to get as far as I can only on the cars I earn through Special Events, Licenses and A/B-Spec events. I will be building a spreadsheet on which events will give you cars that can participate in the various A/B spec events. I want to see how many credits I can accumulate. I also want to buy a 20mil Cr X1 in the color I want.

This is a great great spread Sheet. But I have 1 question. How do I change the formula for P/W ratio. Im from a america and the game uses the formula Weight/Power Ratio meaning the weight (kg) is divided by power resulting in a for kg / 1 hp rating..

For example, a 300 horsepower & 300 torque car with 900 kg would result in a a weight to power ratio of 3.0 kg / horsepower. The lower the kg, the faster the vehicle is.

Is this sheet still being updated? IS there any way to group my cars that I add to "Owned" by inputing Yes? How do I favorite a car?

I get a Minor loss of fidelity when trying to save...

I am using Microsoft Excel 2007 Enterprise. What version of Excel was this spreadsheet made with? IT seems though that this spreedsheet functionality doesnt fully work.

Last edited:
First, let me say that is is an awesome interactive spread sheet you have give us, and I appreciate the time you have spent giving us this wonderful guide.

I have one favor to ask. Would you change the AI P/W ratio to actually divide the weight of the vehicle to the current horsepower so we can have a proper AI p/w ratio, or should I say AI w/p ratio because that is how it is calculated in game and would make it alot easier determining which car a person would want to use isntead of having to recalculate themselves the power to weight ratio instead of weight to power ratio as it shows automatically in the game.

Thanks so much. Does anyone know if this guy plans to update this spread sheet?

Sorry guys... got bored with GT5 when my real race car started going back together :)

I'll try to update the sheet in the next week or so if I get a chance.

Back