Nissan engines

• Thread starter Jay
  • 101 comments
I LOVE FJ20's and RB26DETT's.

the fj20 was and still is a great engine and can fit in alot of different cars. My mates brother has a datto 1600 or 510 whatever its called where you live and it has a turbo FJ and its sick.

the rb26dett is really just the god of all engines.

Originally posted by BMW318_DRIFTER

My mates brother has a datto 1600 or 510 whatever its called where you live and it has a turbo FJ and its sick.

yeah that is a common transplant here in aus

SR20DET's into nissan bluebird 910's are also very popular, i have 2 mates that have done it and know of others

here is a picture of one of them

this pic is alittle old, he is currently rebuilding it to handle more power

Attachments

• 910enginebay.jpeg
    910enginebay.jpeg
    87.5 KB · Views: 87
not sure how many of you guys are into the japanese domestic market (JDM) but i found this good site. its got a bunch of JDM motors for really cheap with good satisfaction guarentees... click here

i was jus wondering... could someone post a link to a site where i could learn about these nissans engines? Only recently I got hooked on cars and well fell in love wit nissans but sadly i dont know much about cars:S Could someone help? (I'm new to this, obviously)

just go to google and do a search for the engines, if i have time i will post some links

here is the popular VG30DET, this engine which comes from the Nissan Y31 Cima Cedric is a Single Turbo non intercooled version of the same motor used in the Z32 300ZX's. it looks different to the 300 as it does not have the intake manifolds running across the top hiding the rocker covers

Attachments

• vg30detcima.jpeg
    vg30detcima.jpeg
    55 KB · Views: 86
here is a RB20DET silvertop factory fitted in a A31 Cefiro

Attachments

• rb20detcefiro.jpeg
    rb20detcefiro.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 80
Starting at page 12, this pdf has all nissan bodycodes, engine codes, names in various markets, and name changes since some timein the 1960's. A very useful resource.

Link here.

i personally already have the codes, but this is a very interesting document thanks

a different type of nissan engine

Attachments

• 140_prod.jpeg
    140_prod.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 77
does anyone find anything alittle unusal about this pic?

Attachments

• engine33.jpg
    engine33.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 77
here is a turbo graph showing the turbos capabilty at 1.0Bar (note these turbos are capable of more beyond 1 bar)

Attachments

• turbo compare.jpg
    turbo compare.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 70
how do you know its a SMIC?, many people fit FMIC's but use the original holes for the piping. also that piping the second BOV is fitted to is not standard

Variable valve timing system and a different turbo are the significant changes from the S13 SR20DET engines. S14 uses 'low port' intake design vs. S13 'high port' design

is low port better than high? (got it from the sr site)

(never thought i'd be this noobish.....but you guys obviously know a dumptruck more info than i do.)

I think yawl can stop calling it VVT or VVT-i. Thats the Toyota name for its variable valve timing system. As a Nissan enthusiast, i think the proper term should be used. I believe its VTC (Valve Timing Control). It may be the same as VVT but hey its what Nissan calls it & this is the Nissan area aint it?

;)

Originally posted by Nemesis-R
I think yawl can stop calling it VVT or VVT-i. Thats the Toyota name for its variable valve timing system. As a Nissan enthusiast, i think the proper term should be used. I believe its VTC (Valve Timing Control). It may be the same as VVT but hey its what Nissan calls it & this is the Nissan area aint it?

;)

True, but when they say VVT they mean variable valve timing which is what VTC does so it's all interchangable, now if they said VTEC, they would have been shot by now ;)

Back