Non-linear throttle

Which in GTS appear to be caned effects that only the T-GT can 'manage', none of which make the tyre model any better.

Road car, along with (on track) an E63-4matic and C63.

I've however a fair bit of experience with road, track and race cars from a good 20 years in the motor industry.

As an example of GTs's issues going further than just the throttle, not a single one of the FWD race cars behave as they should and do in reality.

I had chance to drive Clio cup , megane trophy (the last one) just when it came out ( my brother works with Renault, I tagged along to events).

Renault in car racing is like what Yamaha is in motorbike racing, smooth and fast where it counts, but not so fast on straights.
In GTS they feel like driving Need for Speed, it sounds almost like one, looks like one, but it drives like potato.

I "fixed" this issue by using the spring from the brake pedal in the throttle pedal of my G27 pedals. At the beginning it felt very stiff but when I was used to it I had much better throttle control. In the clutch and brake pedals I use the stiffer GTEYE springs.

Last edited:
I'm interested to know if the throw of the pedals is longer for the Thrustmaster pedals compared to the G29 ones. Thanks in advance.

Throw in angular terms is about the same for both, roughly 20 degrees. I reckon the arms are longer on the T3PA compared to G29 though, by about maybe an inch or so. So measuring at the top of the throttle pedal, the throw for T3PA-GT is about 2.5 inches, vs about 2 inches for G29 (stock). Very rough measurements, but yeah, the throw is longer on T3PA.

(My home-made G29 extensions add 36mm to the arms, making throw a little more than T3PA, maybe 2 5/8 inches).

Measurements taken on GT version of T3PA with the throttle pedal plate in its lower position, which aligns its top with the other pedals. Changing it to the higher position would add about 1 inch to the length and therefore a little bit to the throw.

Last edited:
Throw in angular terms is about the same for both, roughly 20 degrees. I reckon the arms are longer on the T3PA compared to G29 though, by about maybe an inch or so. So measuring at the top of the throttle pedal, the throw for T3PA-GT is about 2.5 inches, vs about 2 inches for G29 (stock). Very rough measurements, but yeah, the throw is longer on T3PA.

(My home-made G29 extensions add 36mm to the arms, making throw a little more than T3PA, maybe 2 5/8 inches).

Measurements taken on GT version of T3PA with the throttle pedal plate in its lower position, which aligns its top with the other pedals. Changing it to the higher position would add about 1 inch to the length and therefore a little bit to the throw.

Have you found adding to the G29's throw to mitigate the non linear issue a little? If so, can you post up a picture or a rough description of your extension? I'm a DIYer myself and I would like to know.

Have you found adding to the G29's throw to mitigate the non linear issue a little? If so, can you post up a picture or a rough description of your extension? I'm a DIYer myself and I would like to know.
I too am interested to see what you did

OK, I'll try and take some pics and make a thread. edit: My DIY pedal extensions for Logitech G29

Have you found adding to the G29's throw to mitigate the non linear issue a little?

Well, I mainly play GTS with a controller :lol: but I think it only mitigates it by having that bit more control over the pedal position. Of course, that bit more control is also a help with a linear response! Stronger springs are pretty much required to counter the increased leverage, I have GTEye full set.

Last edited:
I've learned a lot about real world throttle mapping in this thread, it's more complex than I thought by miles. Thanks all.

What I'm reading supports my initial impression regarding the non-linear throttle in GTS: It's there to mask some other issue, possibly that the cars would be too easy to drive with linear mapping. Throw on TCS or CSA and it's manageable. Combine linear mapping with aids and the cars would be on rails in this game. Must have been easier to fix the underlying issues this way.

I wonder if an update to the tire model will coincide with getting rid of the non-linear mapping? It would prove a link, at least to me.

These are very nice but a little expensive:

LOGITECH PEDAL ARMS

G27-PedalsArms_1024x1024.jpg

Was it by any chance Jimmy Broadbent? Watched that stream as well and it made me sad. Really like that guy and was hoping for some GTS content from him, but I don't see that happening now :(

Hope it gets fixed sometime soon, but not sure it'll ever happen.
It very much was Jimmy Broadbent.

OK, I'll try and take some pics and make a thread.

Well, I mainly play GTS with a controller :lol: but I think it only mitigates it by having that bit more control over the pedal position. Of course, that bit more control is also a help with a linear response! Stronger springs are pretty much required to counter the increased leverage, I have GTEye full set.
Thanks for taking the time to measure them for me. @ARTAsean's question was the exact reason as to why I was interested to know. Seems my hunch was, in part, correct. :cheers:

Thanks for taking the time to measure them for me. @ARTAsean's question was the exact reason as to why I was interested to know. Seems my hunch was, in part, correct. :cheers:

I took a look at his pedal extensions, but I honestly don't think this will help unless you invert your pedals. My heel is always resting on the pedal base, so even if I extend the pedals, my foot will still be pushing on the same spot as before.

I took a look at his pedal extensions, but I honestly don't think this will help unless you invert your pedals. My heel is always resting on the pedal base, so even if I extend the pedals, my foot will still be pushing on the same spot as before.

True, I guess... certainly if you wear shoes. If you don't then it can help to get the pedal plate further away from your heel, under the ball of your foot. My main reason for doing it was because I have big feet and it's a lot more comfortable now, without shoes, rather than pressing mostly with the arch of my foot.

With the pedal faces being curved like they are, it's possible that the main point of pressure could be moved to an higher point on the pedals. Being fairly tall myself, and having feet to match, I've moved my pedal faces up a notch on my Thrustmaster pedals and to me it felt like the throw was longer. It also could just be the placebo affect :)

Wouldn't help me. My foot is still size 9 so point of contact on the pedal face will not change.

Now I have no problems to handle the BMW M6 GT3 with the brake spring in the throttle pedal. Had big problems to keep the car on track before. It is not confortable but very intuitive.

The non-linear throttle makes it difficult to run no TCS on higher powered cars IMO. I rock a G29 and just ordered the GTEYE throttle spring. I’ll give you my impressions once I get some miles on it.

Anyone with PSVR notice a difference in handling when running VR?

I don't know if it's placebo, just the added presence from vr or is the throttle left mapped to something closer to how it was in beta.

Last edited:
A new thread has been started over on the Playstation Euro forum on this subject. It might pay to add some support to it. Several of us on this forum have had success in the past getting through to PD over there :)

http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/GT-Sport/Non-linear-throttle-in-GT-Sport-Why/m-p/25664237

Edit: If you get an Authentication Failed message on the above link, just click on it again and it should work.
I went ahead and posted my thoughts over there.

I'd rather not go the mod route in the (admittedly remote) chance I'm in any live competition and need to use stock equipment. For me, going crazy with rear brake balance has been the best workaround so far but results do vary.

Throttle is totlly different after 1.21 . They have corrected the huge problem when all the power were coming together. Lot easier out corner to manage the power;
Now it's more or less like this.
50% throttle = 25% acceleration
75% throttle = 50% acceleration
85% throttle = 75% acceleration
100% throttle = 100% acceleration

Hmmm. Interesting if true (will test later) but why, if they have changed it at all, did they not just make it properly linear as common sense would suggest?.

Throttle is totlly different after 1.21 . They have corrected the huge problem when all the power were coming together. Lot easier out corner to manage the power;

TBH that doesn't look like a big change, still the same shape of curve, and half the power in the last 1/4 of travel. :confused:

Can anybody confirm this change?

I can measure it this evening, same method as before.

That's the same as it was before, unfortunately.

This week I installed a GTEYE throttle spring in my G29 and have been throwing some miles on it. It helps, not a massive different though. I hope they made the throttle more linear than before.

Back