Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
Two additions to the first post should be made.

First: That all aids should be placed at 0 for real-life performance. (Unfortunately, I'm sure many have used aids)

Two: Answer to whether or not short-cutting and wall-riding is allowed.

sadly i think so too.

i just checked the leader board and saw the time of the best BMW M5-7.35.*** the second fastest BMW M5 is 7.51.***.

i just took my M5 for 1 lap around the nurb and i did a 7.51.*** aswell. i had a few mistakes...

EDIT//: @jgda9rs a 7:75.*** mhmm i guess you mean 8.15.*** :D

Got a new one for you; 8'10.334 w/ Mitsubishi Evo VII GSR. Not surprisingly, the Evo handles far better than it's other japanese counterparts.

It was the Sti Sp.C that brought me back to this thread...
I'd like to update the first post. Only one leaderboard and as accurate as possible.
Wasn't there an independant leaderboard for this spot race?
Any help on forming the updated leaderboard would be greatly appreciated. :bowdown: ;)

On the subject of discussion... Many of the times are too hard for me to judge and it has pushed me away from this particular race. That's why I plan to make an update if possible and then lay off again for a while. :sly:
Until next time,
-

Edit:
Just wanted to mention that I've been running the M5, no driving aids, no oil, N2s, etc etc... Fastest so far is 7'39.9 but that's still not as fast as I can take it. Maybe another 3 to 5 seconds in it for me but I can't tell... Gonna have to keep at it for a while to figure that out. :mischievous:

Hey, Just started ICallShotgun's new Mazda Series, did few laps with his RX7 Set-Up (it's brilliant! really good! Car handles like a darling!). Anyway, did a 2Lap Family Cup with Level 9 AI and got a fastest Lap Time 7'26.097. I am very happy with that!

And I know that this is only for stock only production cars, but maybe this could be a challenge for others out there with the same setup. It really is a good setup!

Rin

sadly i think so too.

i just checked the leader board and saw the time of the best BMW M5-7.35.*** the second fastest BMW M5 is 7.51.***.

i just took my M5 for 1 lap around the nurb and i did a 7.51.*** aswell. i had a few mistakes...

EDIT//: @jgda9rs a 7:75.*** mhmm i guess you mean 8.15.*** :D

not 8.15, i mean to type 7.75.xxx

Ok then... :confused:

Somebody's obviously found a way to jam more than 60 seconds into a minute.
Maybe that's how that 7'35.xxx M5 lap was done!! 💡

EDIT: I've had a run with the M5 (inspired by Kent, more or less). 7'35 is possible but it would be a fairly impressive lap. I had a scruffy lap, slightly dirty just before T10 that came in at 7'37.8.

I cant se why 7´35.xxx would not be posible whit the M5.
I just did a 7´38.xxx an im shore that I can do 7´32.xxx whit i clean lap.
I will be back whit a better time in a while and im gona try to do a nice time whit a 350Z

You're obviously way too fast to need punctuation, too.

EDIT: In fact, I've just realised why you apparently had to type so fast. In the space of 25 minutes you went from a 7'38 to a 7'31. At seven and a half minutes per lap that means you had time to run 3 laps maximum (allowing about two minutes to write the next post).

My friend, you should join up to run the GTPlanet Weekly Race Series. With that sort of speed you could show everyone the way.

Hmmm... I need to post some updated times, I might just go run a few laps with an Amuse vehicle... 👍

Carbon-R anyone?

7'45.854 - VTRacing - Ruf BTR

A few seconds left in this one, had a lap that was 1.9 sec up at the hut but then went off-track at Wippermann.

I'd love to knock off the fastest Yellowbird time with the BTR.

When is Holl01 going to start submitting/dominating in here?

I doubt that will ever happen here because of the fact that there aren't too many replays and there is really no way to see what weight people are running (not to mention the suspension and all those other non-power modifying parts). I could be wrong about that but I'll tell you now that I haven't been working on anything for this race because of those same reasons.

From the start this spot race was full of problems...
If someone else wants to take this idea and use it, please do... but...

This race should have been an arcade mode race.
N2 tires. -10% weight. 0% HP. Only "normal," "tuner," and "concept" cars are allowed. 👍
That would also end the contraversy over changing settings and running with cars that are already equipped with sports and semi-race suspensions.

Problem with that is... I'm too busy to start a new leaderboard and keep it up. :ouch:

None the less, if anyone wants to start that spotty, please do, I'm sure that atleast I would appreciate a less "cheat-able" Nurburgring race. :sly:

Btw, don't take that the wrong way... I'm not saying you guys cheat, I'm just saying this particular spot race leaves too much room for an attempt to cheat. :(

Also, I don't think Holl01 finds time for the spot races too much since he does the WRS and I'm sure he races other stuff on other boards.

And finally, Nice lap in the BTR VTRacing (btw, I still love that avatar 👍 )

Kent
If someone else wants to take this idea and use it, please do... but...

This race should have been an arcade mode race.
N2 tires. -10% weight. 0% HP. Only "normal," "tuner," and "concept" cars are allowed. 👍
That would also end the contraversy over changing settings and running with cars that are already equipped with sports and semi-race suspensions.

Problem with that is... I'm too busy to start a new leaderboard and keep it up.:ouch:

I could do that if you wanted, as I have done time trial's before.

Kent
(btw, I still love that avatar:tup: )

Yes that is a cool avatar, it's from that Neon Genesis Evangelion series.
That's such a cool anime, more for adult's but still cool:).

:lol:
I knew where it was from. ;)

As for this challenge and replacing it in some way...
Good luck. 👍
I'd love to do it but right now I feel pretty busy with school. The courses are kicking my butt so far. :ouch:
I just haven't had to the time for leaderboard up-keep, even so, I manage to accidentally post a challenge or two from time to time.
Any way, I'm out... Catch you all around. :D

Ok I will get to work. If there is any detail's you want in it just send me a PM with how you want it.

now i got 7´31.185 whit the M5 no oil cange N2 tyres no mod no cut no driving aids

Nice run!

I have not been playing for a long time now, but I remenber I almost did a 7.30.XXX lap with the M5, but ****ed it up near the finnish line:grumpy:
But that's part of the competition, to keep the car on the track all the way true the lap.

A "perfect" lap around nurburgring is like sex:D

For those who cheat ; shut the **** up !

I doubt that will ever happen here because of the fact that there aren't too many replays and there is really no way to see what weight people are running (not to mention the suspension and all those other non-power modifying parts). I could be wrong about that but I'll tell you now that I haven't been working on anything for this race because of those same reasons.

And finally, Nice lap in the BTR VTRacing (btw, I still love that avatar 👍 )

Gendo is the coolest character, I wish I had the skill to always catch any ambient light on my glasses like that.

I was going to ask the question about cars (like the Rufs) that are fitted with tune-able suspension fitted as standard. I've been running them stock, but as Kent says, there's really no way to tell.

If anyone wants that BTR replay I can post it. It's such a fun car to drive because you can get it ridiculously sideways; in fact, that's the way you really need to drive it to go fast, which appeals to my rally driver sentiments.

now i got 7´31.185 whit the M5 no oil cange N2 tyres no mod no cut no driving aids

yo kerren, i id like 10 laps with the M5 on N2 Tyres and the fastest i got was a 7:46:*** come on...whats that?
can u upload a replay or the sector times...because this seams kinda weird to me :indiff:

wassup :) got a couple of times for you set in different cars.

the first was set in a:

suzuki GSX/R-4
no aids or TCS
S2 (sports medium)
no upgrades of any kind

end result was a 7'26:798

second was set in a:

McLAREN SLR
no aids or TCS
S2 (sports medium) tyres
no upgrades of any kind

end result was a 6'57:478

I'm mainly proud of the suzuki time here, i mean that car only has 170bhp but weighs nothing, with that and the fact the engine sits behind you, ya have great balance and grip round them corners

p.s. if any one wants proof on either of these times just say the word, and they were set without cheating i.e. bouncing off walls and cross country driving

Very good run.
(points to "a list of clean racers" link in sig). :sly:

I might get back to this sort of racing but I haven't found a car to run (or the time to run it).
Anything stronger than the Vette is not good on N2s in my hands.
Maybe an M3 or something?

you should try the s2000 honda i did a lap on n2's in 7.17.614

With formula 5:25. I can't remember actually time because i got formula seoson going on... That time I maqke about two years ago. Then I learn every pump on that track. And now I'm lost and I dont have enough motivation or time to make that time again. I goty replay of that lap but like I say. I can't go to watch it because of that seoson.

You wouldn't mind me asking just an itty bitty question would you?

How did you manage to do that time, counting that the first BMW M3 in the leaderboard is the CSL (arguably handles a tad better than the GTR) and your time is a whopping 30 seconds faster?!

# 7'50.211 mustangshelby BMW M3 CSL

Back