Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
I believe you can take every corner but 2 full-speed.
the one after T3 (the slowest one)
and the one just after halfway straight-section.
make sure you downshift when losing speed going uphill
that's about it

I may try giving it a go with manual gears. I usually drive with auto gears on GT, (in RL I hate power-sapping auto boxes :yuck: ).

Trying to lift off the throttle to force downshifts is probably what cost me a lot of the time.

Any chance you could post a ghost replay? (You are PAL region aren't you?)

I need all the help I can get. :D

Darren.

i will enter, but i happen to be in the nurburgring 24h at the minute!

SuperT
I may try giving it a go with manual gears. I usually drive with auto gears on GT, (in RL I hate power-sapping auto boxes :yuck: ).

Trying to lift off the throttle to force downshifts is probably what cost me a lot of the time.

Any chance you could post a ghost replay? (You are PAL region aren't you?)

I need all the help I can get. :D

Darren.

Sorry, but I'm NTSC.
But if someone can change an NTSC to a PAL, I can post a lap.
(don't have that one, but I'm sure it was repeatable, 'twas my 1st and only lap)

Nevermind LS. 👍

I'll give it another shot sometime soon. It's a multi-car week in the WRS so I'll be busy for a while anyway. :D

I wasn't asking for proof, just something give me and my 2CV some company on the way round. :)

Here's some new lap times that I've been working on.

08:25.772 - Honda S2000 '04
08:29.281 - Honda S2000 Type-V '03
08:45.119 - Honda Integra Type-R '02
08:47.047 - Honda Civic Type-R '04
09:01.542 - Honda Accord Euro-R '02
09:02.602 - Acura RSX Type-S '04
10:02.727 - Honda Fit '01

YIN
i belive that slr mclaren is not the fastest

my time:7.04.161:)
Welcome to GTP.

At over 10 seconds faster than the previous lap record, I'm going to have to ask you if you followed the rules and I'd love to see your replay, if you can transfer to it to your PC, or make a video of it.

And if you really are 10 seconds a lap faster than Kent, you should join the Weekly Racing Series and show everyone how fast you are.

Welcome to GTP.

At over 10 seconds faster than the previous lap record, I'm going to have to ask you if you followed the rules and I'd love to see your replay, if you can transfer to it to your PC, or make a video of it.

And if you really are 10 seconds a lap faster than Kent, you should join the Weekly Racing Series and show everyone how fast you are.
i can't show my replay since my camara only able to recaro 5 min 41 sec...:indiff:
do i have any other ways to prove???:nervous:

or can i just take a picture to prove???

The first question I asked was if you followed the rules. Can you tell me what those rules are? What tyres did you use? Did you stay on the track the whole time?

A picture proves nothing. A video doesn't really show what tyres and modifications were used. A replay transferred from your PS2 to PC using a Max drive or similar and then emailed to someone, is the only form of truly acceptable proof.

The first question I asked was if you followed the rules. Can you tell me what those rules are? What tyres did you use? Did you stay on the track the whole time?

A picture proves nothing. A video doesn't really show what tyres and modifications were used. A replay transferred from your PS2 to PC using a Max drive or similar and then emailed to someone, is the only form of truly acceptable proof.

i am sure followed the rules,i just use the stock tires from the origanl car but my car is 100% untune and without a oil change ,and i stay on the track the whole time.i did 6.59something,i think it is not the fast time,is everybody didn't try hard,i think i can easily do below 6.50 sec:)
if the only way to prove is ar max,can you guy wait for me like a few days????i just orderd yesterday..:)

YIN
i am sure followed the rules,i just use the stock tires from the origanl car but my car is 100% untune and without a oil change ,and i stay on the track the whole time.i did 6.59something,i think it is not the fast time,is everybody didn't try hard,i think i can easily do below 6.50 sec:)
if the only way to prove is ar max,can you guy wait for me like a few days????i just orderd yesterday..:)
You've used the wrong tyres. The SLR comes equipped with sports tyres. This challenge requires the use of N2 tyres. That explains why you're so much faster.

-You must use N2 tires for real-word performance

You've used the wrong tyres. The SLR comes equipped with sports tyres. This challenge requires the use of N2 tyres. That explains why you're so much faster.

or sorry..:crazy: i try the another lap any way...

Speaking of the SLR...
It's about time I did this. :D

Any questions? Just speak up and I'll be happy to respond. :cheers:

Btw, I'm pretty sure that I am done with this challenge.
I've never liked hoping or trusting that everyone was playing by the rules (although I know all the regulars do).
I've also recently started playing in Arcade mode again and that's a bunch of fun (plus there's no room for cheats and the options for challenges are unlimited).
My arcade racing can be found in the arcade cars section of the gt racing point database. 👍

Finally, anyone up for a proper GT mode race?
(I'm setting it up now :D )

Attachments

• Nürburgring_FR_SLR STOCK N2_Kent.max
    31.2 KB · Views: 14
It''s been a while since I last visited here.....

Kent's time is still WAAAAYY up there, the only way I can get close was by "simulating" the Pagani Zonda F by playing around with weight and power settings. Its 100,000 UK pounds more expensive that the Zonda 7.3 C12 in GT4. Its lighter (changing the weave of the carbon fibre body panels) and more powerful (thanks to the guys in AMG) than the GT4 cousin.

My Zonda times is till standing and waiting to be shattered
but my Ford GT time was beaten by a whisker, kudos to you George Morley

Alfa ROmeo 147 GTA '02 8'45.189
Honda Integra Type-R (DC5) '03 8'40.301
ALfa Romeo GT 3.2 24V '04 8'40.810
Alfa Romeo Spider 3.0 V6 24V '01 9'01.876
Alfa ROmeo Giulia Sprint GTA 1600 '65 9'30.953
Honda Civic Type-R (EP) 04 8'45.939

I have come to several realizations by racing in this thread and I think its about time I move on. I can't improve as a driver if I keep driving stock cars.

It's about time I start learning how to set up suspensions and LSD's

I'm thinking about taking the Chrysler 300C for a spin. Will get back and post my time soon. BTW, I'm just posting this, so there's a possibility that someone might also try this car and post a time for me to work towards. Sometimes I perform better that way.

It's two thirty in the morning now, not been able to sleep which probably explains why I've just given the 2CV another go...with manual gears this time. :dopey:

SuperT - Citreon 2CV Type-A '54 - 16'34.957

I'll post the replay up sometime tomorrow, I need my bed now, my eyes hurt.

G'night.

Darren.

So..
there was a thread somewhat along these lines at one point. but I failed to find it.
My Mission:
Find a "normal car" like, something I would see on the street, and take it around Nurburgring.
After looking around the used showrooms, I bought a Volvo 240 Estate from the historic. Doing nothing to it except and oil change and N2 tires, I headed over to the track..
T1 1'11.008
T2 2'10.xxx
T3 2'52.878
T4 4'16.317
T5 D'oh!
T6 6'12.361
T7 7'50.678
T8 8'55.844
T9 9'33.246
T10 10'43.764
And I am roaring down the long straighaway.. For a "normal car" pretty dang fast, hovered around 100mph.. :sly:
T11 11'23.120
And I rolled across that finish line with a time of...
11'59.609
This was all great fun... you all should do the same and post about it.
cheers
:dopey:

My fave to run Nurburgring at the moment is the 22B STi. I've got mine fully modded at the moment, but I've run it in various states of tune. Best time I've gotten so far is mid to low 7's. I love it most in full tune with nitrous blowing down the back straight at 200MPH. 200MPH in a Scooby! Woot!

spreadsheet updated....

i've had to get rid of the 'individual car' sheets, took too long to update.....

i've put it back in if enough [anyone] complains ;)

but i've added the ability to sort by time/driver/car.... so will make picking out a particular car or driver quite easy....

Back