Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
my PS2 broke so i havnt played GT4 in a while so i'll do some more laps but lap 1

NISMO Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03 - 8'08.829

lol - mods are gonna love you and your 5 posts in a row......

use the edit button next time......

and i don't think you're allowed to use the Nismo cars, as they are tuner cars, not standard production cars..... and don't forget the n2/luxury tyres ;)

//////ÄŁPĬЙΣ
how u get pics on ur account???
To answer your question, upload the pictures to imageshack.us or another image host, then copy and paste the picture's url to your post. That's it.

And yes, use the edit button! ;)

ÄŁPĨЙΣ
I'me gonna try some muscle car laps,
I agree with SuperT tho, muscle cars aren't designed for the ring!!:lol:

Whoa I'm the only one who does this? The Daimler-Benz Motor Wagon wasn't designed for the 'Ring, yet a guy spent 40+ hrs. dragging it along right? Wake up folks.

Dude?
Whoa I'm the only one who does this? The Daimler-Benz Motor Wagon wasn't designed for the 'Ring, yet a guy spent 40+ hrs. dragging it along right? Wake up folks.

I am awake thank you. I did the ring in a Ford Model-T. I'm pretty sure that wasn't designed for racing. :)

I'd love muscle cars on the ring.... (old ones) but I can't stand being trapped by gear limitations...
here's a muscle car for ya:
NEW TIME: LeadSlead#2 - Pontiac GTO '04 - 8:06.539

LeadSlead#2
I'd love muscle cars on the ring.... (old ones) but I can't stand being trapped by gear limitations...
here's a muscle car for ya:
NEW TIME: LeadSlead#2 - Pontiac GTO '04 - 8:06.539

man i suck!!!!

i did a lap or 2 in the same car yesterday... i was in the 8'40's!!!! :crazy:

SUROKIA
i beAt the nsx-r Record...

07'54.547 SuroKia Honda NSX-R 2002

work on it some more, I'll be beating that one:)

so how do we submit a time? do we post a reply file???
Like this:
NEW TIME: name - car (exact model numbers) - time
replays are only necessary when requested, if you cannot provide replays, let it be known beforehand, and you can get times posted anyway, but perhaps with an asterix*

Due to the amount of entries with invalid tires, etc. I must say:
Make sure your car meets the following criteria:
N2 tires (economy)
No oil change on new, or 6.2mile cars (10km)
if your car was purchased new, and you have racked up to many miles on it, and it lost power, or needs a refresh, you have 3 options: 1. buy a new one
2. save money, and trade it from another mem card.
3. trade it from the same mem card, by simply switching mem card slot over to slot 2, buying it, and then returning card back to slot 1
(this runs a small risk of corrupt data, and is unadvisable, if you have enough cash to buy a new one)

SuperT
I am awake thank you. I did the ring in a Ford Model-T. I'm pretty sure that wasn't designed for racing. :)

Well, I meant that to be directed towards people who say "x car(s) aren't/isn't designed for the 'Ring" and I used that example to just prove that it doesn't matter if whether or not they were designed for it. I'm actually for using seemingly out of place cars at the 'Ring. What was your time in the Model T by the way? :)

As for my contributions to lap times, I've had to restart my game :irked:. I'm working on golding my S-License tests now (again). So as soon as I get that Cougar (rather, when I am satisified with the color I get it in) I'll take that baby on the 'Ring and turn in a time.

New Time: Honda NSX Type R '02 - 7:50.851 - LeadSlead#2
I promised, and now I deliver:)

Replay attached, for anyone wanting tips/driving line info:tup:

Okay, here are all the times that need added, so far, I'll be keeping track to help thread runners out.

8'44.753 - STIDRIVER - Dodge SRT4 '03
10'15.355 - cookting - Alfa Romeo Spyder 1600 Duetto ''66
7'19.072 - jphachi_roku - Pagani ZondaS 7.3
8'25.008 - SuroKia - Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec '99
8:50.303 - LeadSlead#2 - Acura Integra Type R '01
8:09.258 - LeadSlead#2 - Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR '04
15'37.659 - SuperT - Ford Model T
8'56.709 - OnlyMe - Lotus Elan S1 '62
8:34.232 - OnlyMe - Tvr V8s '91
8:51.971 - OnlyMe - Toyota MR2 V-Edition '02
7:17.014 - George Morley - Ford GT
8:17.856 - LeadSlead#2 - Nissan Skyline GT-R '89
10:06.059 - OnlyMe - Suzuki Cappuccino
8:01.854 - OnlyMe - Shelby Series 1 Super Charged
8'36.538 - Dave^ - Tvr Tuscan Speed 6 '00
8'57.948 - Dave^ - Audi RS4 '01
9'05.404 - Dave^ - Ford RS200 '84
9'06.150 - Dave^ - Nissan 300zx 2Seater '89
9'17.157 - Dave^ - VW Golf V GTi '05
9'23.194 - Dave^ - Honda Civic Type R '01
8:06.539 - LeadSlead#2 - Pontiac GTO '04
7'54.547 - SuroKia - Honda NSX Type R '02
7:50.851 - LeadSlead#2 - Honda NSX Type R '02

Attachments

• LeadSlead#2-NSXR-7.50.851.max
    36.9 KB · Views: 12
And the gorgeous Viper GTS, is back, in front of the Z06, for now.
I see potential for a sub-7:45 here, but so far, I can only get it half a lap at a time.

7:48.260 - LeadSlead#2 - Dodge Viper GTS '99

Kent - Watch out, I'm down in the 7:15's with the GT, just have to get 'em clean! - I really think this car can run a 7:14.0, maybe faster, in the hands of the right driver.

@Dave^ Nice list, very nice

Alright, got something done. Here's my contribution:

Car - Mercury Cougar XR-7 '67
Time - 8'40.840

I've improved this by 5 seconds, and could even knock it down by 3 or 3.5 at the most (that I could do), but I got bored after awhile from making errors in parts that I didn't mess up at on my previous/best lap, therefore putting me even farther behind. I didn't even notice the symmetry of the numbers at first because I was so focused on getting this under 8'40 which I am quite capable of doing, but got too bored to keep going with it for today. I did this with the aids off, so naturally, that makes it harder to control just so you all know.

I have no idea why I decided to do this as this weeks WRS challenge at the ring was p***ing me off.

My latest assault on the bottom of the leaderboard;

Citreon 2CV Type A '54. N2 tyres and no oil change. 17'18.351. Not quite last on the board but close. :)

This one was quite tough as there's only really two turns you have to slow down for, any other turns you can't take at full speed are at the tops of hills so the car gets slowed down before you get there. My usual coasting trick doesn't work on FWD cars so keeping it off the limiter in top gear was a bit tougher than usual too.

This one made my right thumb hurt as I had to give it three laps to get a clean one, (kept running wide at Kellenhard :dunce: ).

Here's the PAL replay for anyone who's got a spare 20 min's. :)

View attachment SuperT 2CV @ the ring.max

Enjoy.

10:28.863 - LeadSlead#2 - Suzuki MR Wagon Sport '04
12:27.308 - LeadSlead#2 - Honda Z Act '70
16.42.819 - LeadSlead#2 - Citroen 2CV Type A '54

The Citroen took so long I wandered into daydreams... daydreams that I was forced drive Hitler through up mountain, and he was going to kill me if I couldnt get this car up the mountain for him, because we were being chased, and I kept saying "Zis because ze car iz ze French!" (it looks like a nazi-mobile to me)

Nice 2-CV time LS. 👍

Over thirty seconds quicker than my feeble 3 lap attempt. :eek: Mind you, it took me three laps to get a clean one.

Looks like I'll be giving that one another shot some time soon. :sly:

Back