Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
LeadSlead#2
Are you shifting early, at 6500rpm? if you're not, try shifting at 6500 in early gears (1,2,3) and down to 6200 from 5th to 6th. MUCH faster.
I'll give it a shot when I have time, thanks for the info. šŸ‘

some new times at last

Honda integra type R (DC2) '98/appie17/9'23,923

BMW Z4 '03/appie17/ 8'52,271

Mitsubishi lancer Evolution VI GSR '99/appie17/ 8'29.314

Nissan Skyline GT R '91/appie17/ 8'40,830

Mercedes CLK55 AMG/appie17/ 8'33.880

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) '02/appie17/ 8'27,273

Some new times

Honda NSX-R '02 7'54.642

TVR Cerbera Speed 12 7'47.510
this car is irritating for the mere fact that the long straight at 5th gear is the only place I can floor the throttle the rest was a tightrope balancing act on the throttle

Nissan 350Z GT4 Limited Edition '05 8'09.037
A nice and zesty enigne note for a spirited drive. That engine note is addictive.

Had 20 minutes to try some more runs in the '05 MKV GTi, and first lap netted me a 8'50.8xx shifting @ 6500 RPM. I'm not so sure the shift point helps that much (I know it does help)... I think it has more to do with a different approach I'm taking to some corners... different gears, different lines, different braking points. This run had some offs so it isn't a valid lap, and I know that if I would have kept it on track I would have gotten sub 8'50 without too many problems. On one of many botched attempts following thereafter, I was up to 7 tenths quicker to T1 only. I now know a sub 8'50 is definately possible with this car. New goal is sub 8'47.500

New time, with unfortunately two offs in the grass which slowed me down :banghead:

GTi MKV '05 - 8'48.273

It's kind of funny how I've been improving... 8'55.8xx, 8'50.8xx, 8'49.8xx, 8'48.8xx. That 8'48.273 is the first to break that trend, but I bet if I wouldn't have gone in the damn grass it would of been a 8'47.8xx :lol:

Well, still more time to go get, but not much more for me. I get too nervous when I know I'm doing good, and racing against my ghost for tenths here and there makes me impatient and I might restart laps sometimes because I'm .1 off or something. That sub 8'47.500 is attainable to me through what I might consider a near perfect lap for my "skills", or rather through a good test of my patience.

AngelCreator
Can someone try the Saleen S7 '02 because I would like to see a fast lap from that car.

How does everybody miss that when I post it?
7:28.758
If you have the precision, there's at least 2 seconds left, I just can't get all the high-speed turns in one-lap, so I eased them all in that lap.
Hint - use 3rd in almost EVERY slow turn

@T13R - so was your 8:48 clean or dirty? you posted as it was clean, but said you had two "offs"??
Congrats either way, you may be able to gain a little more if you shift a little earlier, say, round 63-64ish... this cars peak power is around 5-55 ish

LeadSlead#2
@T13R - so was your 8:48 clean or dirty? you posted as it was clean, but said you had two "offs"??
Congrats either way, you may be able to gain a little more if you shift a little earlier, say, round 63-64ish... this cars peak power is around 5-55 ish
No unfortunately it's an unnofficial time because of those two offs. But those offs didn't cause me to gain any time, only to lose some. My goal is still the same, to drive a 100% clean lap under 8'47.500 hopefully. I'm shifting around 64-65ish... I've memorized the speeds at which I need to shift so these are my real shift points:

2nd -> 3rd : 62 mph
3rd -> 4th : 88 mph
4th -> 5th : 114 mph

The car is supposed to have peak power from 5100 to 6000 rpm, not sure how they implemented it in the game.

Ok, Leadboard updated to this post. (not a reminder for me but instead, a notice for you) :P :lol:

I plan to get some racing in this weekend so hopefully I will have some new times for you all to either chase, beat, or just plain laugh at (or stand in awe of). :sly:

I've also reversed the order of the first post.
Before today it was daan's board on top but now I've put mine on top to be representitive of the changes in the board and the updates I am doing.

As usual, let me know if I missed anything, also, please point out any doubles you find (2 times by the same driver in the same car).

Other than that, hope you all are happy with the update.
Until next time or until I have my laps completed,
-Kent

LeadSlead#2
How does everybody miss that when I post it?
7:28.758
If you have the precision, there's at least 2 seconds left, I just can't get all the high-speed turns in one-lap, so I eased them all in that lap.
Hint - use 3rd in almost EVERY slow turn

Sorry:ouch:, now I feel silly:dunce:.

GEMu
Mine

M3CSL 7.48
R34 M spec 8.2
NSX TAKATA DOME JGTC 6.53
Unfortunately the Takata Dome JGTC car isn't allowed in this challenge because it's a race car, and not a production car. Also I think that before Kent can add you to the leaderboard you should make your times a little more clear to read and add the decimals also.

On another note, I was running more than a second quicker than my 8'48.2xx ghost yesterday down the huge a$$ straight only to mess up under braking. I slightly clipped the grass on the left kink sending my car slightly sideways and making it take longer to slow down. Overshot the corner by a few metres, ending up in the grass and nudging the barrier :banghead: It was all clean until that moment, seconds away from the finish line...

edit: Oh yes, also wanted to mention that it is NOT a good idea to spend a half hour pulling out laps in a +20/-10 R5 Poly F1, and then switching to a stock "slow" car running on N2's! I thought there was something wrong with the car, suspension seemed broken heh, and it took quite a few laps to getting back used to...

Well guys, I've started in on another combo. :)
(not going back to the FF cars for a little while although I am interested in trying to best leadsleads awesome Civic time- another replay I look forward to seeing in the next week or two).

Anyway, :lol:
The RUF RGT is awesome.
Truly a serious player in the under 400 division (if we were to do a 1-2-3-4-500hp division system). :dopey:

I'm stunned by how well it handles.
With a bit of work I may make it down to 7'40 but that would be a really good run. šŸ‘

Best luck to all of you in your current combos.
Till next time,
-

Update
Second time plating with N2 tires. Still did not have a feel for the brakes, but getting better.

Dodge SRT4 '03 8'44.753

scarpu
Zonda c12--------->7.07.5xx

Are you sure this car's time is legit?

Was the car modified in any way?
Did it have N2 tires and not S2 tires?

That time is incredible.
That time is fast enough to beat Holl01's NSX LM Road Car time in a Zonda.

Something is definately wrong with this and if there is a claim that this is legit only a replay will be acceptable proof.
Sorry to be harsh but I am sure others here will speak up about this amazing time.

Hope to hear back from you "Scarpu."
Until then,
-

Kent - Here ya go, this should be my '01 Civic EP Type R Lap.
There is one turn which is very, VERY close to "off". I have already freeze-framed, and looked from the best angles, and, IMO, it is clean. As the fr and rr both appear to be on the rumblestrip at the time. (can't miss it, about 3/4 through, in the highspeed esses after the karrousel

Attachments

• 97328_12926_GRAN_TURIS.max
    38.9 KB · Views: 17
New Time: Volkswagon Golf V GTI - 8:47.245
just too heavy to get out of its own way. great car, just can't keep up with the big boys

Yes, I'm assuming that Zonda lap is on S2's, until further notice.

I guess I'll give this Ruf RGT a go now....
sorry triple post, but bringing this thread back up top sounds tactically superior right now

Ok, thought I would drop in for a minute. :D

Glad to see the maxdrive file posted. šŸ‘
Feel free to post up those other replays when you have the chance. :bowdown:
Also, I merged your triple-post into a double (one for the old replay posting and the "text-only" replies became one).

Finally, I will be around with a RGT lap soon hopefully but as of lately I've been rather busy with work, life, xbox, and just about anything else possible. :lol:

I'm not ditching out on you guys though... I'm just not as active as I have been at other points in time. :)

Good work on the 3-to-2 Kent, never saw that before.

Here is the..Saleen S7, Ford GT, and the Vette Z06. please don't ask which is which, i couldnt tell ya. (if I rename them they won't play)

Attachments

• 97328_4684_GRAN_TURIS.max
    44.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 97328_4897_GRAN_TURIS.max
    37 KB · Views: 14
  • 97328_10789_GRAN_TURIS.max
    38.2 KB · Views: 13
New Time: Pagani ZondaS 7.3 7'19.072

I tried hunting down my Ford GT (7'17.168) ghost with the Zonda and was took by surprise:crazy:

The Ford GT, though heavier, can out-accelerate the Zonda in Some corners (like the S turns befored Flugplatz) and out-break in others. the gap really opened up after the karoussel.

I'm off the Cebu city for a couple "must-attend-or-fail-the-course" Plant Visits, won't be back till Sunday night:)

On another note:

I just got a call from Tuason Racing School saying that I qualified for the 3rd leg of the C! magazine Top Driver Challenge :D

So next week, June 15 and 16 I will get FREE training in a Ford FOcus Cup car

To think that I got in out of the hundreds that signed in starting with the GT4 tournament(leg 1) to the 12 who got in the Karting clinic (leg 2) to the Final 6 that will go for the free Ford Focus CUp car training.

By the end of the 15th we will be narrowed down to the final 3 who will go on to get advanced training with the Ford Focus Cup cars. And the top driver from the final 3 will get a full season seat in the Ford Focus CUp 2006 season.

I wanted to thank you guys for most of the racing theories I learned here and wish me luck!!! :cheers:

LeadSlead#2
Here is the..Saleen S7, Ford GT, and the Vette Z06. please don't ask which is which, i couldnt tell ya. (if I rename them they won't play)

As long as you leave the .max bit at the end you should be able to rename them? šŸ‘

NEW TIME: Mitsubishi Lancer EVO VIII MR '04 - 8:09.258

Never ran this or the "Sub on N2's here before, not without beating my face on a wall anyways...:cheers:

Hi guys, IĀ“m totally new to this forum, and just bought gt4 exactly two days ago...It is really an amazing game, and nurburgring really is a ĀØdrugĀØ :)

IĀ“ve seen the laptimes of nurburgring from the whole members, and its really impressive and challenging :)

For now I only have 2.3% of the game completed šŸ‘ :) , but well I think I bought gt4 just because of Nurburgring and some of the cars (I am not a big fan of playing games, but well jeje)

My fastest lap so far (IĀ“ve done about 10laps in many cars, like a S2000 modded, a lotus elise modded and a subaru impreza totally modded with 507bhp.....But my aim is to achieve respectfull times with the RUFS, specially the yellowbird and the BTR....

Sooo...

Just did a laptime of 8.16.513 in my RUF BTR, ABSOLUTELY NO MODS whatsoever, 100% stock....I have done with the BTR about 5laps in total, achieving this time.

I have recently bought the yellowbird, but I couldnt resist not to modded, it know has 720bhp (i think), STILL havnt taked it out for a drive jeje...

IĀ“m sure I can do much much better laptimes with this two RUFS, so IĀ“ll keep informing all of you, if somebody says me that this laptime I did with the BTR, is OK (I think its ok, as from what IĀ“ve seen the best laptime so far by a user has been 7.59.XXX, cant remember what user :P, and the second best time that IĀ“ve seen from another member is 8.18.xxx......

Well thanks for reading this, and it anybody can say me if IĀ“m doing ok, for just doing 5 laps in total with only the BTR, IĀ“ll be thankfull....

By the way, IĀ“m from Spain (Madrid) anyone too?? :)

nismo4life
Question. Are factory modded cars like Spoon Sports DC2, Nismo GTR, etc.?

As Far as I know, these cars arent allowed, but I'd check to the 1st page to be sure... along with concepts, though I'm not sure why, as long as it's not a race car, and it's stock.... Kent will probly stop back in soon enough.

Alex: Just make sure laps are done on N2's (I know, very hard, but once you get the hang of it, it's much more realistic, and satisfying.)
Yes, that is a good lap for a beginner, S2's or not, but I'd highly suggest trying out some lower powered cars to get the hang of N2 tires, like the RUF 3400S (if you insist on a RUF, something with even less power would probably be a good idea:tup: )

Back