Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
This should be fairly easy to beat if anyone's up for it, it only took me three laps to come up with this.

Ford Model T - 15'37.659

Not bad for a div-2 WRS'er? :dunce:

I think I'll try the '63 Midget next, might as well go for that end of the board as I'm not going to get anywhere near the other end. :D

SuperT
This should be fairly easy to beat if anyone's up for it, it only took me three laps to come up with this.

Ford Model T - 15'37.659

Not bad for a div-2 WRS'er? :dunce:

I think I'll try the '63 Midget next, might as well go for that end of the board as I'm not going to get anywhere near the other end. :D
Beaten that already. Just haven't posted it here. Sorry...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2082569&postcount=68

Rules are simple:

-You can drive any PRODUCTION car, 100% unmodified (not even oil change unless it's a used car, so car performance is always consistent)
-You must use N2 tires for real-word performance
-Drive in GT mode/Circuit practice

This should make for a very challenging hotlap competition, and a very interesting one in real-world terms.

For the noobies that missed the thread starting post 👍
Production: No tuner cars, concepts, or otherwise non-production
The fun here is driving the most life-like cars we can get, and smashing real-world times....(because we never die!:nervous: )

i thought the tommy k was a manufacturer, not a tuner?

anyway, just done a couple of laps in the TVR Tuscan - 8'41.639

lots of improvements to come from there, lol

edit -

Tvr Tuscan - 8'36.538
Golf GTi '05 - 9'17.157

Bloody hell, I really should get into practicing, as I've been into challenging myself long before I joined this forum. On softer tyres and no driver aids, I've taken a stock (no oil change) SLR around the 'Ring in 7:00.6 and a Zonda C12S 7.3 in 6:57!! Oh, and I should mention that the Zonda time would have been even faster if I hadn't spun coming off the final straight...

The Driver
Bloody hell, I really should get into practicing, as I've been into challenging myself long before I joined this forum. On softer tyres and no driver aids, I've taken a stock (no oil change) SLR around the 'Ring in 7:00.6 and a Zonda C12S 7.3 in 6:57!! Oh, and I should mention that the Zonda time would have been even faster if I hadn't spun coming off the final straight...
But were they on N2 tyres? If you drove them stock, they'll be on Sports tyres. To be eligible for this, they need to be on N2s

With a few more laps I should be able to beat the Mini Marcos GT record.

I'm within two and half seconds at the moment with three laps of practice and a slight off so my current time of 10'12.215 isn't quite there yet (or legal) but with a couple more laps I reckon I'll get it.

Look out Daan. :sly: :)

I have one thing to ask, why do you have to use N2 tires on supercars?
Because I can't see a supercar using nomal tires that a honda or a mazda would use.
I know it's hard to get good laps with N tires but it does not sound right to use them
on a supercar. Just a thought I had.

Lately I've been doing some relaxed driving in the small low powered old timers, and found that they're actually very fun to drive. So I thought I'd give this a go in one of those.

Chose the Lotus Elan S1 '62
Time: 8'56.709

Dave^
how often do the laptimes on the first post get updated? if at all?
TurboJ doesn't come round here anymore. Kent or I update it whenever we get time.

AngelCreator
I have one thing to ask, why do you have to use N2 tires on supercars?
Because I can't see a supercar using nomal tires that a honda or a mazda would use.
I know it's hard to get good laps with N tires but it does not sound right to use them
on a supercar. Just a thought I had.
I believe it's a general opinion that PD factored in all cars different tires, and tire sizes into the game as N2's.
in other words, an Z06 will handle better on N2's, than a Mustang, because the tire size, and quality are factored into the original size.
I believe that's what they did, I just don't know why, as it takes cars with worse tires chances away, since you can't upgrade them any more than a car that comes with great tires, and wide tires. just my .02

Dave
how often do the laptimes on the first post get updated? if at all?
it's been a while, but Kent should be back fairly soon, maybe send him a PM

Just wanted to stop in while I have the time. :sly:

To address questions...
No Tuners Allowed. :(
It's just part of the original concept of this spotty.

Moving on...
Sorry to say it but I will not be able to do much "work" in this thread for some time. Maybe next weekend I will be able to get an update in (thanks to the holiday us Americans call "The 4th." :bowdown:

Work has been kicking my butt lately so my time is limited for real GT4 none the less the GTP.
With that in mind, I'm going to start playing GT again.
Forza sucks, and PGR2 is just a really good need for speed, so GT4 is back on my games to play list.
Question is, when will I get through half life 2 and start playing GT4 again? :confused: Maybe I can just moderate my time with both? :sly:

In any case, keep on racing this spot race and I will continue to keep an eye on it. 👍

Good luck to all of you in your racing.
Hope everyone is having a great time with this and behaving themself on the GTP.

Until next time,
:cheers:

Btw, sorry again for my absence. :guilty:

in the process of selling most of my tuned cars.....

gutted that you can't 'undo' weight reduction and engine work :roll:

Suzuki Cappuccino: 10:06.059

Shelby Series 1 Super Charged: 8:01.854

That last one is such a fun car :P

Tvr Tuscan Speed 6 '00 - 8'36.538
Audi RS4 '01 - 8'57.948
Ford RS200 '84 - 9'05.404
Nissan 300zx 2Seater (Z32) '89 - 9'06.150
VW Golf V GTi '05 - 9'17.157
Honda Civic Type R (EP) '01 - 9'23.194

made myself an excel spreadsheet with all the times from this thread on it.....

they're also split up into times for each individual car [there's soooooo many cars with only 1 time posted......] so it's easier to see the other times for each particular car....

anyway, it was mainly for me, but you lot may as well use it if you want, and i'll be updating it when new times are posted here.... ;)

http://www.dave6.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/gt4/GT4 Nurburgring Times.htm

enjoy

Nice one Dave. 👍

I like the fact that you can single out individual cars too, nice touch.

:cheers: :bowdown:

Darren.

Edit: Yikes. You could have set quite a few new times since then? :sly: :lol:

Back