Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
'05 Ford GT - 7:18.180
Hot Damn this things fast! I suspect there's a new king of production cars in GT on the way... To the mountains I go, with the zen.

'04 Dodge SRT-4 - 8:37.352

'05 Saleen S7 - 7:31.376
Can I play with the settings? will improve drastically if I can.

hope I got the years right on the latter two.

If anyone requests a specific replay, I will be happy to do what jphaci_roku did, video-taping it, though I'll need to snail-mail the cassete. Actually, I would like to do this, and maybe get a great lap or two on the net.

LeadSlead#2
'05 Ford GT - 7:18.180
Hot Damn this things fast! I suspect there's a new king of production cars in GT on the way... To the mountains I go, with the zen.

'04 Dodge SRT-4 - 8:37.352

'05 Saleen S7 - 7:31.376
Can I play with the settings? will improve drastically if I can.

hope I got the years right on the latter two.

If anyone requests a specific replay, I will be happy to do what jphaci_roku did, video-taping it, though I'll need to snail-mail the cassete. Actually, I would like to do this, and maybe get a great lap or two on the net.

Well I would like to see 3 of your times for sure...

The Saleen 7'31.
The Vette 7'48.
The GT 7'18.

Oddly... Snail mail will cost nearly as much in shipping as a Maxdrive (which can be found at best buy for 30 dollars).
Considering shipping on a video will cost about 10 I would say that is a deal.

Plus, the video jp produced, as well as any of the videos you would create wouldn't actually be acceptable (since they don't allow us the detailed analysis of a real replay file). (plus, for all of the GT OLR history including the ultimate OLR Challenge, the bc, only a real replay file will do).

Then on top of that you have to deal with the fact that a video would only be availible to one person (the person you send it to).

Finally, a video as you are proposing would be a one time deal... You could do a video for these laps but you certainly wouldn't want to make a new video every time you update or get a new lap.

So, are you going to get a max drive?

I would love to see it cause unlike Daan, I don't trust most of the OLR people I meet until I've seen their laps.

Sorry to be a jerk about it but that is just the way it is (especially when you beat the fastest GT time by a considerable margin).

cant he just get a vid of it with a digital camera perhaps and then just save it as a movie file and send it out to whoever wants to see it? cuz i think thats easier and cheaper.:dopey:

Kent
Well I would like to see 3 of your times for sure...

The Saleen 7'31.
The Vette 7'48.
The GT 7'18.

Oddly... Snail mail will cost nearly as much in shipping as a Maxdrive (which can be found at best buy for 30 dollars).
Considering shipping on a video will cost about 10 I would say that is a deal.

Plus, the video jp produced, as well as any of the videos you would create wouldn't actually be acceptable (since they don't allow us the detailed analysis of a real replay file). (plus, for all of the GT OLR history including the ultimate OLR Challenge, the bc, only a real replay file will do).

Then on top of that you have to deal with the fact that a video would only be availible to one person (the person you send it to).

Finally, a video as you are proposing would be a one time deal... You could do a video for these laps but you certainly wouldn't want to make a new video every time you update or get a new lap.

So, are you going to get a max drive?

I would love to see it cause unlike Daan, I don't trust most of the OLR people I meet until I've seen their laps.

Sorry to be a jerk about it but that is just the way it is (especially when you beat the fastest GT time by a considerable margin).

I did crush the GT time didnt I? :)
I also see your point.
I can try what Alrivers suggested.
Does a Maxdrive need to be hooked up to Comp and PS2 at same time?
My computer is upstairs, while the TV and PS2 are down.

P.S. either way, the Saleen time will have to be new, didnt save cause I won't be staisfied till it's in the 20's

Ford GT 7'18.945

That car is just might be able to beat Kent's 7'17.6XX given enough practice.

I feel more at home with this car than the SLR it has that slight hint of oversteer rather than understeer when you start to push too hard.

jphachi_roku
Ford GT 7'18.945

That car is just might be able to beat Kent's 7'17.6XX given enough practice.

I feel more at home with this car than the SLR it has that slight hint of oversteer rather than understeer when you start to push too hard.

This car CAN run 7:15, probly 7:14's, if somebody gets lucky, or just has massive quantities of patience. I still havent run a clean lap since my 7:18

Saleen S7 - 7:28.758 BOO-YAH!
I saved this one, too :cool:
hot damn I do need an xport thing
There is still more here...if someone has the patience. I slowed down for EVERY fast turn simply because even though you can take them all at full throttle, it's impossible for me to get them all in one lap, so I P:censored: out every time. other than that, great lap.:)

LeadSlead#2
Does a Maxdrive need to be hooked up to Comp and PS2 at same time?
My computer is upstairs, while the TV and PS2 are down.
No, it doesn't. You use the Max Drive, with it's software, to transfer the replay from the ps2 to the drive. You then plug the Max drive into the PC, which recognizes it as a normal usb memory stick. You can then attach the replay here or email it to someone.

Still working on the Ford GT

FORD GT '05 7'17.910

feels great to break the 7'17.xxx barrier just a little more but its getting exponentially more difficult

Here are my sector times so far
(difference from Kent's SLR Time of 7'17.605)
t1 46.401 -0.135
t2 1'21.326 -0.514
t3 1'50.170 -0.562
t4 2'43.896 +0.008
t5 3'22.809 -0.226
t6 3'49.135 -0.508
t7 4'41.538 +0.098
t8 5'26.322 +0.159
t9 5'49.129 +0.596
t10 6'33.674 +0.633
t11 7'17.910 +0.305

HMMM Seems that the SLR's stability played a key role from t7 to t10 but in the long straight the Ford GT can gain it all back, the only problem is that I braked too early on my aproach to the fast S turn at the last few corners anticipating oversteer(which never happened :banghead:).

I was listening to these songs by "orbital maneuver" while doing this time attack

Anemotaxis
Relative Anemotaxis
Amrita
Amrita Sansara
Kaze Tachinu

Strange as these songs are slow solemn and peaceful polar opposite from the High energy, upbeat songs I usally play e.g. Initial D, I've Sound :confused:

Anyway I'll start working on braking as late as possible in the sector after the straight hopefully, breaking the record

jphachi_roku
Still working on the Ford GT

FORD GT '05 7'17.910

feels great to break the 7'17.xxx barrier just a little more but its getting exponentially more difficult

Here are my sector times so far
(difference from Kent's SLR Time of 7'17.605)
t1 46.401 -0.135
t2 1'21.326 -0.514
t3 1'50.170 -0.562
t4 2'43.896 +0.008
t5 3'22.809 -0.226
t6 3'49.135 -0.508
t7 4'41.538 +0.098
t8 5'26.322 +0.159
t9 5'49.129 +0.596
t10 6'33.674 +0.633
t11 7'17.910 +0.305

HMMM Seems that the SLR's stability played a key role from t7 to t10 but in the long straight the Ford GT can gain it all back, the only problem is that I braked too early on my aproach to the fast S turn at the last few corners anticipating oversteer(which never happened :banghead:).

Carefull, it'll never oversteer when braking, but it won't turn either. Trust me, it'll ruin your day if you have a perfect lap, and blow it by hurrying around the last 10 seconds.

@DAAN: Thanks. Glad to know I won't have to drag my TV and everything up here.

Ford GT 7'17.235

sector times:

t1 46.340
t2 1'21.621
t3 1'50.703
t4 2'43.811
t5 3'22.830
t6 3'49.068
t7 4'40.859
t8 5'25.442
t9 5'48.041
t10 6'33.382
t11 6'54.070

But with one glitch, had car went to the grass but no walls were hit
(see photo below)
I'll try again soon but now I'm mentally drained

EDIT: I got a little inspired fom leadsled's narrative so I tried my own. But if this post rubs you guys the wrong way, just say so so I can take this out ASAP:indiff:

Waking up in my hotel room in the afternoon at the Dorint Hotel overlooking the Nurburgring GP circuit to the ringtone of my cell with a message from my mechanic, Rin-rin, saying "JP, all the preparations are complete meet me in the lobby, everyone's at the pit already waiting for us". I dress up in a light cotton shirt and somewhat loose pants with thin soled shoes so that I'll be comfortable and headed to the lobby to meet with Rin-rin with a cab waiting for us

I arrive in the pits reminding myself of the reason why I came here, to attack the course attempting to break the previous record set by by Mercedes SLR Mclaren, while Rin-rin double checks the car. My weapon of choice A MarkII Black Clearcoat '05 Ford GT with it's unmistakable deep throat burble heard inside the garage.
"JP, I turned on the aircon for a while so it will be cool inside be sure to turn it off and open the airducts" as rin rin finished her final check on the onbard radio and telemetry equipment in the car. I felt a light tap on my shoulder and there was Eimi, a computer genius I brought along, handing me a cold drink.
"JP, the remote cameras are all ready to record you as you pass by them they will lock on to the transponder in your car Patty and Rin-rin will be in the chase car."

With everything set I snuglly settle into the GT's sport seats. Rin-rin hands me my headphones through the window while giving me a few reminders

"JP, the track condition is good, there are no damp patches and sections, the tires and break pads are new so warm them up well. The chase car will be equipped with slicks so they can keep up with ease".

I put on the earphones when Rin-rin suddenly reaches for my rearview mirror and tilts it away from me, she grins "also you wont be needing this so don't look okay?" I smiled back and nodded

I rolled out the car for my warm up lap. Outside waiting for me was the chase car with Patty at the wheel and Rinrin beside strapping herself and putting on her headphone set and flipping her laptop open. Patty pops her head out the window waving her hand up in the air to grab my attention

"This just the warmup lap , Don't beat on it yet(the lap record) and Stay behind me for now okay!"

Just then, I heard a rapid whoop-whoop noise and the trees started to rustle, It was the lightweight helicopter Amy chrtered. My onboard radio alerted me of an incoming transmission....IT was Amy "JP, I'll be watching you from above okay, the terrain makes it hard for the signals from the camera to be recieved, I'll be receiveng them from the aiR"

I shift the GT to first gear and out of the pit following Patty's chase car. The warm Lap was uneventful, coming into the long straight, the chase car backs off allowing me to pass and open up the throttle to stretch its legs. I program the dash mounted mp3 player and select the track "Suppuration ~core~" by kotoko of I've sound with "Being " to played after. "These should cover the whole lap"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rinrin calls me on the radio, "JP the timing will start as you trip the timing beacon. And Auto SPort magazine will aslo time you indepently Good Luck" Just as the transmission was cut Patty Butted in "OH and Don't mind me,l I'm just a little chase car not worthy of your attention keep your eyeballs away from the mirrors". "Don't worry" Rin-rin said in an eager and caring tone, "I made sure of that, right JP?".

I braked for the 90 degree final corner Down to 2nd Gear at 80KPH turned and nailed the throttle as hard as I could knowing that the wide tires can handle it. I tripped the timing beacon and the time attack has begun .

##Turn One
It'd be embarrasing to go Off here so I braked and turned the car in early without running the kerbs

##Hatzenbach
On my approach to the long right hander I braked only about 50% slowing down to 160 at the apex and nailed the throttle. THe outside tires went into the grass at the exit but I kept at full throttle. Next came the technical secion, Braking hard throught the first left hander, I was carefull not to use too much of the kerbs since if I damaged anything here it could break anywhere near the circuit.

Rinrin: Very smooth JP, your stepping earlier on the throttle without going wide

Section time
T1: 46.269

##Flugplatz
On the approach to the Flugplatz I was flat out making as straight a line as I could, Just before the crest I braked hard downshifting to third then the car caught air I release the brakes the car lands and as soon as the car felt settled I gunned down the throttle. My steering inputs were massive yet precise exiting into the full throttle section leading to Schwedenkreuz at 225kph

##Schwedenkreuz
Rinrin: Your inside the SLR time, keep it up!
As soon as the car caught air again in the compression leading to the long left hander I braked hard for a bit, turned in and initiated a very slight drift at 200kph
Patty: OI!(kudos)
THen hard on the brakes with the tires shrieking telling me that they are just about to lock, I set up for the right hander by going wide on purpose allowing me to nail the throttle just before the apex
I hit the 2nd sector beacon whizzing by at 175kph

T2: 1'21.120

Rinrin: Still inside the SLR by .7s you pulling away

Hearing this, I got more Psyched up.

##Fuchsrohre
I kept nailing the throttle in the downhill section drawing the strightest line I can through the chinks. Just before the lowest point I backed off and dabbed the brakes a bit in the throttle in order to re-accelerate and shift the car's weight backward, had I benn in full throttle here the tail would let go suddenly. A shunt here would be huge

##Adenauer-Forst
These tight corners will always come as a surprise after travelling so fast, I kept as far left as I could as the road will open up, entry speed is important here. A quick glance in Rin-rins digital speedometer indicated a 75kph at the tight left corner's apex. After the right hand turn the 3rd sector time was waiting for me

T3: 1'50.266

##Metzgasfeld
Rinrin: JP the careful here, you've gone wide here before

Metzgasfeld, A tricky corner, I tend to be quicker here than I'm prepared to go here. So I took my time and concentrated on my line

##Kallenhard to Exmuhle
Approaching Kallenhard, I went wide again on purpose in order to nail the throttle earlier late apex cornering gives you a higher top speed. I used some of the kerbs creating unpleasant noises in the cabin and sparks out of the rear of my car. My heart skipped a beat as my car twitched while using the kerb just before the tight right hander folloed by a left hairpin even so I kept my foot firmly planted on the throttle with my tires puffing some smoke.
In the back of my mind, I knew I had screwed up a lot of things was entering my mind as I passed the 4th sector beacon, All my anxiety was later blown off after hearing Rinrin's voice

T4:2'43.284

Rinrin: It's alright JP you are still inside the SLR

##Bergwerk
Entering bergwerk I stayed on the outside as long as I could to take advantage of late-apex cornering, my speed at the apex was 100kph.

##Rinrin: The next section is important, the car must be alligned right to take it in full throttle, you can do it. The 5th beacon is up....

t5 3'22.442
Rinrin: Your still indside the SLR!

I wasn't able to negotiate the left hander corners at full throttle I had to brake a little bit on my approach to the chicanes since understeer was making itself evident. I panicked a bit thinking that the invisible SLR that I am battling has creeped up to me. The nightmare was short thanks to Rinrin

T6 3'48.574

Rinrin: You still Inside...still inside by a second

However, I rested in my laurels of relief too long as I went wide on the right hairpin before the Karussell.

##Karussell
I nailed the corner just right and my car never left the banked section

##Hoe Acht to Wippermann
The technical section was up next and here I began to slowdown myself, not the car and focus more on the racing line to accelerate early. Technique rather than power rules here

T7: 4'40.912

I was never able to know where I was against the SLR as Rinrin kept quite

##Brunnchen
Here I used the Kerbs a lot like some touring car. My car was bottoming out with sparks to prove it. My concentration was so high I barely noticed the noises created by the car bottoming out on the kerbs

T8: 5'26.291

##Pflanzgarten
coming into the 2nd of the Pflanzgarten my senses became as sharp as needles and the steering suddenly became heavy, the road was unstable and bumpy and I had to balance the car with just the throttl

T9 5'48.731

##Galgenkoph
Here, exit speed is the priority so I bided my time and kissed the apexes to carry as much speed out of the corner

T10: 6'32.962

Rinrin: Great run You are still inside the SLR but only just.....By the 10'th beacon you were only .08 secs behind the SLR's stability allows the driver to corner harder on the technical section.

Even though this was the straight, my heartrate increased and my anxiety is getting the better of me "I can;t relax!" I shouted to Rinrin

Rinrin: Get a hold of yourself!!! we can still pull this off Just keep it together. The last few corners are up

T11 6'54.216

I was approaching the fast left right chicane, I was holding back trying to bury the throttle just a little bit longer...a little more

Patty: BAKA-ERO!!!!!

I got back to my senses and braked as hard as I could, I could hear the visceral shrieking of the brake calipers and squealing of the tire. and then blackout......I can't remember anything the next thing I remember was crossing the start/finish line and spinning to a halt afterwards

Rinrin: THe laptimes are in JP..............7'17.168........You've beaten the SLR!!! You've BEATEN THE SLR by 0.437 secs! You did it!!!!

Amy: Great replay I have here, the cameras worked like a charm, I wasn't able to follow you all the way since the helicopter's top speed is just 250kph

I was speechless, so happy that the words just don;t seem to come out. All the words and emotions have left my body in the form of a wet spot between my legs I'll later explain to the girls as spilled "oolong tea"

Ford GT '05 7'17.168

Attachments

• IMG0002.JPG
    IMG0002.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 16
At the other end of the evolutionary scale, I give you one of the forefathers of American Sportscars. Before they got it right...

New Time Chevrolet Corvette Convertible '54: 9'24.001"

Not bad for a 2 speed 152bhp old shed, it even shades Appie's Golf MkIV GTi time by quite a way...

Out of interest, I then gave the car an F/C tranny and geared it to give 3rd a 1:1 ratio. This meant that 3rd was roughly the same as the original's 2nd (ie top), giving a top speed in 3rd of c.103mph compared to the original's top speed of c.106mph. 2nd would take me to c.70 mph, and top speed (in 4th) went up to about 122mph (on the 'Ring - didn't take it to the test track).

The resulting laptime was: 9'10.738" (Not for first post)

It gained 4 seconds on the main straight even though it only got up to 116 max, 10 mph faster than the stock car, and 2 secs apiece on the two early straights just after Flugplatz. It gained nothing up the long hill, as that was taken in 3rd.

I find it fascinating that you can gain 14 secs just by changing the gearbox!

New Time: VW Golf MkIV GTi '01: 9'27.377"

Faster on the straights, but slower in the corners...

TurboJ
-You can drive any PRODUCTION car, 100% unmodified (not even oil change unless it's a used car, so car performance is always consistent)
What about cars with tranny glitches like the VW GTi '05? Can I put a race transmission and bring all the ratios back to REAL stock mode?

I hate to say it, but no T13R.
I don't think you can change any part on the car (regardless of how close it is to real life spec).

You have peaked my curiosity though.
What is wrong with the Golf GTi's tranny?

Also, just as a quick reminder to all those here who are running the Ford GT down to amazing times.

The Ring still belongs to the Germans.
7'15.761 Mercedes SLR McLaren '03

:P
(I will manage 7'14.??? eventually)

4th & 5th on the Golf are the same ratio, so you only get 5 speeds, and you have to change gear twice to get to top. It's a pain.:grumpy:

Kent
I don't think you can change any part on the car (regardless of how close it is to real life spec).

You have peaked my curiosity though.
What is wrong with the Golf GTi's tranny?

Also, just as a quick reminder to all those here who are running the Ford GT down to amazing times.

Here is a link that sorts out the tranny problem on the GTi '05 to bring it back to stock (Solution linked to from one of GTP's stickied FAQ's).

Those are the settings I use on my MKV GTi so that I have it's actual real world gearing, and not the glitchy GT4 gearing which is blatantly wrong. Unfortunately it requires the addition of the racing transmission to get all the proper ratios, but that being said, the ratios make the car truly stock, so I don't see why there would be a problem. But I ask in case there is, so that I won't waste my time doing laps for something that will be refused.

On a different note... that looks like a really nice lap there Kent 👍

Thanks T13R. :cheers:

Also, after considering the situation relative to the GTi, I'm making the executive decision to allow the Race Tranny Equipped Golf. 👍

If you could, I would like you to post the top speed you achieve in the lap (if possible). It will help with future GTi runners who aren't as well known as you are T13R.

Good luck in your GTi lap.
I will certainly run one for myself since I will finally have a competitor for the GTi or a FF for that matter (although I think I saw a Civic R lap in this thread at one point).

Btw, who here would like me to update sometime (and when)?
I'm not going to update without orders from other people but I would like to see an update being that daan hasn't managed one for us.

In any case, let me know how the lap goes T13R.
Also, let me know what you all think about updates and a leaderboard based on VB in the first post and not just the link from daan's site.

Kent

Your disgustingly fast Kent :bowdown: and I'm disgusted at myself for still being unable to see in the SLR what seems so obvious and blatant to you. :banghead:

Classes will start tomorrow (posts from me will be sporadic from now on), out of time and out of luck I won't be able to challenge your time in the same way again for a very long, long, long time

Thanks for the input fasteddie.

Also, thanks for the respect "jp."
I'm sorry to hear that you will not be able to continue running GT as you have in the past. Please be sure to drop in from time to time and let us know what you're up to.
While you're in school it might be a good idea to do laps in cars that you haven't played with yet. 👍 That will give you the room to run without worrying about getting the absolute best time possible (which means the game time needed will be much less).

Regarding the SLR and what you are missing jp, I can only say this... Buy a Maxdrive! :D
Everything will become clear to you after that. 👍

Finally I just want to clear up what I was talking about with T13R.
The VW Golf GTi '05 is now the only car in this thread that can be used with a racing transmission- no other parts are allowed.

Have fun with that one T13R.

Oh, btw,
I will start looking into an update but it may take some time to do and I'm not sure if I have that time. :ouch:
We'll see by the end of the day today. :D

The previous link only showed what the problem was, this one helps you on how to solve it:

Real link to fix GTi tranny

I did exactly two laps, all stock, N2 tires, and those gear ratios. I didn't push it much to get a clean lap right away. Straight line speed was 133/135 mph on the straight between T1 and T2, again 133/134 mph on the straight after T2, and about 139 mph on the really long back straight leading back to the start finish line. I don't think I ever put in 6th gear either. Lap times were 9'03.459 and 8'55.839. I had started a third lap where I was about 2 seconds quicker to the Karoussell but I decided not to keep going because I think I had the slightest of wall contacts a little earlier. I'm hoping another 5 seconds can come off.

(I also looked to see what the stock transmission from the game looked like, and gears 4 and 5 overlap in a way that you can only see 5 gears.)

Edit: There is a "no oil change" rule for new cars... What do we do if we run enough laps that we start losing power from the car? Can we then change the oil, or must we buy/win a new car?

Ok, regarding the oil change. 👎
I've never liked that rule but the leaderboard grew too quickly and changing it was out of the question by the time I decided it would have been the best thing to do (for the exact reason you mention T13R, as well as many other reasons).

Sadly though, you can not change the oil.
My suggestion to you would be this... Get in your Golf, fix the tranny as it should be, save the game.
Then run till your oil is bad, then reset and try again (if you put enough miles on it to ruin the oil).

It sucks- I know, but if you run till your oil is bad then change the oil, you will still get that 10hp bump from the original hp. :ouch:

Hope that clears up the situation for you. :cheers:

Also, I've updated the leaderboard with a board on VB.
Any suggestions are welcome and if I missed anything feel free to point it out. 👍

Until next time,
-Kent :cheers:

Oh, btw, I forgot to mention.
For future submissions please label the times submitted as either "Updates" or "New Times".
That will help greatly next time I do an update. :bowdown:

Kent, this time will be final for now, NEW TIME: VW Golf GTi '05 8'55.839

There is still more to come. In fact I really want to match that Civic Type R's time. Just wish the GTi was a little lighter... this car would be really fast then.

I'll take note of your suggestion Kent. I think I saved after my couple of laps, so I'll buy a new car again, fix the transmission and then save 👍

My black M3 has now started to lose power, and I bought it just for this challenge! It did 850 miles before it started to suffer, so you've got a bit of time. I now have a nice gold one. The strange thing is that I've never actually published a time for that car, because my time with it is so rubbish: I'm about 7 secs off Turbo J's time and about a dozen off Wakeem's time!:indiff:

So I spend my time playing about with obscure specialist sportscars no-one else will want to look at, in order to make myself look good :D

For example:
New Time Renault Alpine A310 1600VE '73: 9'36.558"
New Time Lotus Europa Special '71: 9'08'636"

BTW Kent, thanks for the update, much appreciated :cheers: Daan used to put a little note to himself saying "updated to this post"; you might find that useful too. Hate to be picky, but you left out my Golf MkIV and '54 Corvette times (post #314), and Appie17s 9'45 was in an '01 Golf not an '05. Thanks again 👍

OK, few things to mention then I'm off to bed.
First, I'll update new times shortly but probably not tonight. :ouch:
Sorry about that, hope you all can be patient. :sly:

Next, thanks for the advice, I did actually put a note in there about "I've updated the leaderboard..." but it wasn't a specific style of note like you are used to seeing. :dopey:

Finally I just want to mention to T13R that the Civic time is there for the taking. I drove the civic to match the time posted back when it was originally recorded. Thanks to the reminder, I decided to go and try again today. The results...
8'44.328 Kent Civic-R '01 (EP)

Had a blast with that lap too!
The Civic type r could be the fastest FF in the game (road car).
Regardless of that, the gearing is nearly perfect for the Ring and the handling on the '01 model is perfect (no rigidity refresher or anything).
I was really blown away by the EP '01. :eek:

New Time - Saleen S7 - 7:28.758
(not really new, but was missed.)

good to see leaderboard updated, thank you Kent:cheers:

FF cars? finally. neat-o

(If you're searching for the fastest FF's it's gotta be the Focus... needs more throttle control than the freakin Saleen though!

Off in my Red '01 Civic! (I have all 3 colors, I love these cars, don't know why:) )

Should have that Maxdrive in 2 weeks (ish)
till then, keeping any laps requested. (Ford GT, S7, & Z06 so far)

Kent
Finally I just want to mention to T13R that the Civic time is there for the taking. I drove the civic to match the time posted back when it was originally recorded. Thanks to the reminder, I decided to go and try again today. The results...
8'44.328 Kent Civic-R '01 (EP)

Had a blast with that lap too!
The Civic type r could be the fastest FF in the game (road car).
Regardless of that, the gearing is nearly perfect for the Ring and the handling on the '01 model is perfect (no rigidity refresher or anything).
I was really blown away by the EP '01. :eek:
I was afraid there could still be another 5 seconds in the Civic Type R from the lap submitted previously on the leaderboard (8'49.xxx). And there you have it, you did exactly that... took off that 5 seconds :P

If I can get a sub 8'50 with the MKV GTi, I'll be more than happy, especially considering the weight difference between the two cars, and of course, pwr.

Maybe I'll try running the Civic also to see the difference. I don't think I'll come close to your lap Kent... you have a lot more experience on this track compared to me.

And I think LeadSlead#2 might be right about the Focus being the fastest FF. I know that with full weight reduction, it weighs about 924 Kg, so it's probably even lighter than the Civic in stock trim.

FastEddie12
My black M3 has now started to lose power, and I bought it just for this challenge! It did 850 miles before it started to suffer, so you've got a bit of time.
I'm running a fully modded MKV GTi in the hot hatch Nurb challenge, and on my quickest lap, which was after 86 miles, I had already lost 10 hp. So that's kind of weird :confused: Maybe the more power mods are added, the quicker oil deteriorates? I should do a little search in the FAQs...

I went and checked out the Focus, oddly, I had one with 5 miles, no oil change @ 220hp, no mods, and N2 tires. :sly:
Guess I just forgot about that one. :ouch:

The Focus certainly does have the specs to get the job done. 👍
I couldn't make it the fastest FF but someone else could for sure. "Fastest FF" was a bad term for me to use- favorite would have been much better.
The Civic '01 EP is one of my favorite FF cars in the game.

The GTi has lured me into laps before today and I may give it a run. That is, if I do not run the Alfa Romero GT instead. T13R's comments about the weight of the GTi and I thought of the GT (at 1330kg or there about). ;)
Should be a fun run since I remember enjoying it from a sport tire combo.

Hopefully I will be back with times later tonight.
Regardless of what times I produce, I will try to update the board today. :D
Catch you all later, till then,
- :cheers:

Btw, thanks t13r I appreciate the respect. :bowdown:
The Ring is one of the only tracks I'm "close to fast" on. :P :lol:

I have a new time.

Mazda AZ-1 '92/10:25:005/AngelCreator

This took so long because I have been very busy.

New Time: Honda Civic EP '01 - 8:42.640
you were right about one thing Kent, this car is awesome! And it's gonna take a LOT of work to get lower than 8.42....So far I can't even beat this time with any of my 3 '04 type R's..(civic's)
Great lap, saved it, one very close to "off". changed between 64 angles, zoomed, and the rr tire is 100% on the rumble strip, no part in grass, and the rf tire is further from it, so it's good.

Focus RS-1050kg burns out through 3rd, even going straight, ran an 8.31 something, but can do a lil better yet.
The SRT-4 already ran an 8.37 that I posted too, but neither is nearly as fun as this lil Honda.

I'll either work on the '01, the '04, or my DC5 Integra later, and the GTI (5th gen)

T13R
If I can get a sub 8'50 with the MKV GTi, I'll be more than happy, especially considering the weight difference between the two cars, and of course, pwr.

Are you shifting early, at 6500rpm? if you're not, try shifting at 6500 in early gears (1,2,3) and down to 6200 from 5th to 6th. MUCH faster.

EDIT: I just ran a 8.36 in a DC5 Integra, bad-ass little car, beat the turbo neon, (mind you the neon has botched gears) but the lap (Integra's)was dirty, will do again.

Back