Nurburgring Challenge *POST YOUR TIMES*

• Thread starter TurboJ
  • 558 comments
I know it's been awhile since I've par-take in an event here at GTP, but figuring as I had some free time and didn't have much going on at the moment, I figured WTH..I'll give this a go! :sly:

8'59:874 Lotus Elan S1 (62')

Not the most jaw-dropping of times I know but all-in-all it was still pretty cool!

Can't believe I haven't noticed this thread, I'm definately going to be trying this.. :mischievous:

I just ran a 7'19.312 in the SLR. I have pictures, I also have video (taken with my camera) just in case I need to prove anything, the movie is 848mb, yay.

img1187lo0.jpg

The perfect combination. Stock cars and the 'Ring something i've always enjoyed. I think ill bust out some of my unused prize cars and give them a bash around this place. After not playing for a good couple of months it should be a good way to get back into it

One question: Though I dislike the use of short-cutting parts of the track, is it still allowed?

One question: Though I dislike the use of short-cutting parts of the track, is it still allowed?
If by "shortcut", you mean a paved portion, then yes.
If you mean driving with more than two wheels off of paved surface, absolutely not

Here's a quick one:

8'35.576 - Nissan Skyline GTR V-spec N1 93'

when is the leaderboard going to be updated? i've noticed that the times posted in the last week or so haven't been placed on the 'board.

it has nothing to do with the fact that i want to see my name up there :D

when is the leaderboard going to be updated? i've noticed that the times posted in the last week or so haven't been placed on the 'board.

it has nothing to do with the fact that i want to see my name up there :D
TurboJ has not been online since May so I'm not sure it's gonna be updated in a while.

MK1
TurboJ has not been online since May so I'm not sure it's gonna be updated in a while.

yeah, but i had half a thought of an admin or someone of power perhaps taking responsibility, if they had the time.

what happend to the ring challenge. Its like almost dead or something like that. i hope that Kent will return soon.

Mini Marcos: 10:08.689

I am still getting used to N2 tyres, so I expect to improve. I normally use N1 which I find much more fun, especially with low power cars.

Shelby Series 1 Supercharged - 8'06.418

My first post on the GTP forums by the way, folks. Was hoping to beat the 8'01 posted earlier with the Shelby but wasn't quite there, though I was lucky to even cut a clean lap that fast with the N2s. Working on some laps with the Vette ZR-1 and a few others now :D.

ЯebЯum!;2496723
that's almost 12 hours... in a Toyota? Were you going in reverse with the Yaris?

Possibly fastestkidever ment 7'10.xxx in the toyota, and 8'09.xxx in the Viper. But for some reason I really doubt it...

the skyline gt-8 handles the nurburgring very well on N2 tires as well. maybe i'll do a time and post it here.

Got a new one for you; 8'10.334 w/ Mitsubishi Evo VII GSR. Not surprisingly, the Evo handles far better than it's other japanese counterparts.

ok, i think my time sucks. i did it with the NSX-R and came up with a time of
8:08.719.. maybe i'll try again and see what i come up with.

Two additions to the first post should be made.

First: That all aids should be placed at 0 for real-life performance. (Unfortunately, I'm sure many have used aids)

Two: Answer to whether or not short-cutting and wall-riding is allowed.

i think you're right. some of the times i see here are almost impossible. i dont know if a 7:75.xxx on an NSX-R is even possible stock with N2 tires. i know i did mine without driver aids and i swear it was a clean lap, if i could mail my memory card to show the replays i would. and i dont think wall riding should be allowed.that just destroys the spirit of the competition being based on reality..

Back