Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
I, for one, hope that you have great fun with your Xbox, Joey. :cheers:

I, for one, welcome our new Microsoft overloads.

I think he means more about going the online streaming route. Cutting the Cable is a growing trend in the US. With Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon you can get nearly all the same stuff you can on cable/satellite for half the price, just not live. Since we almost exclusively watch our TV off the DVR and have no premium channels my wife and I are considering going this route. If the Xbox makes the UI very easy then it would be a great media device that also plays great games. A single piece of electrical tape will fix that Kinect HAL9000 fear. If its just another way to pick apps, then its not offering much more than current gen stuff.

Pretty much this, the 360 now has more TV apps that I use than the PS3 and I'm guessing with the way they are touting the thing the One will have even more integration in it. I would love to ditch the $70 cable service I hardly use and just get the locals for when I wanted to watch Fox Saturday Baseball, a football game or a golf match.

Netflix has all the older shows I never watched and need to get caught up on and HBO GO gives me access to Game of Thrones. Throw in the Amazon service and I hardly need cable. The only reason I have it now is because the package makes my Internet cheaper, but after a year that will change so I'll need to rethink how I want to do it.

Well quite. However Netflix - subscription fee excluded - is of no cost on the PS3 OR PS4, but the XBone requires you to have an XBL Gold account to use it in addition to the subscription fee...[/burn]
After the PS4 gameplay video that said online multiplayer required PS+ it will be hard to determine how it will work on PS4 until we see it in action.

Ultimately, if not for the video games aspect neither would be better than an $80 Roku or AppleTV.

I'm still not happy with aspects of either system, so I'm reserving judgment, but since I have a Roku (free from Dish to apologize for the AMC debacle) the TV aspects are not playing a role on my decision. I mean, with Roku I have free services dedicated to cheesy sci-fi, anime, and even podcasts. I get all the big choices and even some very niche ones. And there is an obscure for-pay auto racing channel.

After the PS4 gameplay video that said online multiplayer required PS+ it will be hard to determine how it will work on PS4 until we see it in action.
Online multiplayer for commercial games on PS4 requires PS+. Netflix doesn't.

And neither 360 nor PS3 require an additional paid subscription for Netflix.

Seriously? Mel wasn't sure of the exact engine capacity (even when it was in the OP) yet he still gave RDF97 an unsure answer anyway? :lol:

He's back guys

Anyone who frequents GTP should know that he never actually left in the first place. Albeit keeping a comparatively low profile in recent months.

Major props for quoting the entire OP (which contains the answer to the question) and all 16 photos in it to ask

And a double post to boot.

Last edited:
Needless to say, this conversation is done.

EDIT: And, deleted. Back to your regularly-scheduled programming.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, not only do I like drifting in gt5... Real life aswell. I bring you my 1997 Nissan 240sx aja the Kouki 👍

9143107879_01a66dd66e_o.jpg

A reverse image search has brought up Tyler Grimsley, Port Angeles, WA, USA as the owner.

So either he's lying about his name and location or he's lying about owning this car.

Reminds me of that one guy who impersonated the other guy here on GTP. The real guy found out and came on here telling his story :lol:.

Hei
Reminds me of that one guy who impersonated the other guy here on GTP. The real guy found out and came on here telling his story :lol:.

Drift Idiot? Or something along the lines of that, right?

I don't know why people think that being seen as a real drifter is going to garner them any more respect.. it just means you have enough spare money for tyres at the end of the day :lol: if anything drifting in the real world is considerably easier than in the game.

Besides, the moment someone gets their car sideways they seem to consider themselves a drifter.

Drift Idiot? Or something along the lines of that, right?

Yup.. alarm bells rang like crazy when he was asking to be taught how to drift with a wheel.

I thought that plate looked like a Washington plate.

He's also put his name down as Dave in his profile, which obviously, is not Tyler...

I thought that plate looked like a Washington plate.

He's also put his name down as Dave in his profile, which obviously, is not Tyler...

Kind of hard to tell at this angle but it certainly has the colour for it. I'm sure we'll be able to see for sure when he posts more pictures of it with his username on a piece of paper in the shot ;)

Last edited:
That is most certainly a Washington license plate. The only plates that come close are N. Carolina & Illinois, but they have red letters instead of blue.

Definitely does look like PA, so there's that. I could also go so far as to say he's heading either west or north based on the surrounding area.

That is most certainly a Washington license plate. The only plates that come close are N. Carolina & Illinois, but they have red letters instead of blue.

Ahh okay, my knowledge of American plates is rather limited being thousands of miles away :lol: cheers for the clarification 👍

Definitely does look like PA, so there's that. I could also go so far as to say he's heading either west or north based on the surrounding area.

Now that's detail.. I was only sure of it being in America due to the forestation.. trees and plants are the main reason I'm good at Geoguesser :lol:

Could be he has a car that looks indetical and just used an image off the internet to give you all an idea of what it looks like. I've done that before, but I usually point out the differences.

Except for the part where he says "I bring you my 240sx", with picture in tow.

Pretty much. In saying that - if this is the case and he couldn't be bothered to go outside to take a picture I'm sure he can manage to after being asked about it ;)

Having been to Port Angeles four times, the image looks like the surrounding areas along the Peninsula and US 101. Since owning a $5000 car isn't exactly Ludicrous, I say we ask him to provide a photo with his name at the City Hall...

Back