Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
To be blunt I believe his whole game is nonsense. It's had about five different names and even the 'studio' keeps changing name. URC Studios, the one mentioned in this thread. The licensing deals are obvious bull and there is no evidence its anything than one kid downloading Unity and trying to cobble a game together using stolen car models. There is certainly no "studio".

@Ameer67 what have you actually seen?

Fine. I'll end it all right here. My dad and I did buy it yesterday. However, it's his after the month of July. Ok? It's under my dad's name. It's not mine.

1a5a7eabfe3953d97eaa908a83def5e8.png

Me and my girlfriend went and bought something yesterday, too. We bought tampons. They are both equally ours.

@TB, I think for some of us (myself included unfortunately) we revel in our righteousness when it is somebody else who is called out on something which is likely a lie. I think it makes us feel like we have a better standard than that particular person, a feeling with is so often unfounded in daily life.

It's not a good thing to do but I do think it is just a response to the human programming.

It's more of the fact that the person was a showman and nobody believed him, partially because everything done was questionable and the answers we received were given to allay our "fears" that this is legitimate.

Because it is funny. Especially the blatantly obvious ones that for some reason, can't admit that they are wrong. Maybe you don't like it because you have to clean it up when it's over. But for is spectators, it's entertainment.

It isn't nice though when 4 pages worth of discussion are followed by 6 pages of "dis gon be good" crowd. Come on guys, there's elementary school level lies and then there's elementary school level bullying...

It isn't nice though when 4 pages worth of discussion are followed by 6 pages of "dis gon be good" crowd. Come on guys, there's elementary school level lies and then there's elementary school level bullying...

If you lie expect the consequences. Whether the replies are mature or not is a risk you take when you tell porkies. It's better to be called out here and be made fun of for an evening, then try it in real life where you might get thumped.

If you lie expect the consequences. Whether the replies are mature or not is a risk you take when you tell porkies. It's better to be called out here and be made fun of for an evening, then try it in real life where you might get thumped.
The way I see the last 9 or 10 pages is for every person putting thoughtful posts out there's 5 others going "Yeah, you suck! Dork". You won't teach the kid a lesson by acting just as immature and won't give the impression of an adult community where such behavior is not to be expected. Just my two cents.

The way I see the last 9 or 10 pages is for every person putting thoughtful posts out there's 5 others going "Yeah, you suck! Dork". You won't teach the kid a lesson by acting just as immature and won't give the impression of an adult community where such behavior is not to be expected. Just my two cents.

When there is a bandwagon, everyone wants on. I would bet a popcorn gif that the poster in question won't try the same thing again around here though.

You won't teach the kid a lesson by acting just as immature and won't give the impression of an adult community where such behavior is not to be expected. Just my two cents.

Hyperbole aside, I would respectfully disagree with that. I see this thread more as tough love. A learning opportunity.

If people can prove their claim, great. Apologies all round from those involved. If people get caught out, they always have the option to explain themselves and if they feel it's necessary, apologise. How they react to it is completely down to them. When all is said and done, GTPlanet is a community. People won't take being lied to any better here than they would in real life, but forgiveness is probably easier to come by.

For example @Nissan test driver, who apologised and is now harder to get rid of than herpes.

Hyperbole aside, I would respectfully disagree with that. I see this thread more as tough love. A learning opportunity.

If people can prove their claim, great. Apologies all round from those involved. If people get caught out, they always have the option to explain themselves and if they feel it's necessary, apologise. How they react to it is completely down to them. When all is said and done, GTPlanet is a community. People won't take being lied to any better here than they would in real life, but forgiveness is probably easier to come by.

For example @Nissan test driver, who apologised and is now harder to get rid of than herpes.
I don't doubt the usefulness of this thread one bit but at the end of the day it's the constructive posts that put the liar in the corner, not the popcorn gifs :)

I'm the opposite. I would think that the harsher critics would be the one to put the person out of doing something like that again. I would think ridicule and smart alec comments would be the ones to sway someone, because honestly, why would you want to put yourself through that more then one time?

Getting nothing but a slap on the wrists? If I see no real punishment from something that's been done, then why would I care if it happens again.

I'm probably backwards.

IMO the popcorn GIFs are just people fishing for likes...
I agree.

I posted one, and it was not at the direction of this thread, but more so of what @legacyMACHINE said. It was in a direct reply to him. I also found that one, and thought it was pretty hilarious.

Now, after thinking that, I am guilty of off-topic posting.

Back