Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
I think the tin of baked beans proof is flawed as it is quite easy to pretend you own a car you don't. Like I could easily claim to own a new BMW M4 Convertible by taking picture of a tin of beans on that car.

Anyway does this thread have to be only about car ownership? Here is a ludicrous claim (Link):

I was suspicious about the same thing, the seasonal event to win the tomahawk s, I barely got gold which was set at 1:02 and I noticed the fastest guy was at 55 seconds, so I watched his replay, the last corner before the finishing line he was taking the corner at 180mph, the most I could get my car to corner at for that corner was 150 to 155mph, any thing above that and my car would slide off the track. He was corning 20 percent faster than possible for me.

Listen to this now, I have a wheel and I notice my wheel allows me to corner at the same speed as my controller. By the way the stock tomahawk s cannot take that corner on willow spring at 180mph even with racing soft on my game. I concluded that not all gt6 copies are made equal so some users have a big advantage over others.

The not actually owning it part even with keys /name/beans is usually found when the age of the user is revealed, or other identification such as location.

Doesn't mean you own the car or even drive it. Video proof would be better.
"Hey, can I take a picture of this can of beans on the engine of your (note, often quite expensive) car?" I mean, it's doable but someone is going to find it bit suspicious, and you'd still need to be able to get very close to the said car.

"Hey, can I take a picture of this can of beans on the engine of your (note, often quite expensive) car?" I mean, it's doable but someone is going to find it bit suspicious, and you'd still need to be able to get very close to the said car.
And know the owner, I mean there's a slim chance that nobody would at least ask why. And, erm... "Lying to internet friends" wouldn't fly :lol:

Could be for example a car that a member of family owns or a friends car. Going by that Viper beans picture, it seems sufficient as proof for many on here even with the tin of baked beans not being on the engine. That user may well own the car and drive it but it could easily not be the case.
So you just have easy access to whatever car you're going to pretend to own?
Yes although don't see the point of pretending.

Could be for example a car that a member of family owns or a friends car. Going by that Viper beans picture, it seems sufficient as proof for many on here even with the tin of baked beans not being on the engine. That user may well own the car and drive it but it could easily not be the case.

He produced it pretty quick after being asked, so unless it's his wife (or husband) or a parent how do you prove that? You're driving perspective is just as flawed as the bean thing. I mean if I get a car like this at some point should I show you the title just to get you off my back? It's quite stupid how some people are going so far to grasp and attack when they think there is blood in the water.

And why I asked what I did earlier a page or two back, cause I figure there would be a couple of people that wouldn't allow this to fade into the black.

Yes although don't see the point of pretending.

Oh like what?

Last edited:
He produced it pretty quick after being asked, so unless it his wife (or husband) or a parent how do you prove that? You're driving perspective is just as flawed as the bean thing. I mean if I get a car like this at some point should I show you the title just to get you off my back? It's quite stupid how some people are going so far to grasp and attack when they think there is blood in the water.

And why I asked what I did earlier a page or two back, cause I figure there would be a couple of people that wouldn't allow this to fade into the black.
If you are in position to take pictures of car already, one with beans on side of car would be quite easy to take and upload quickly afterwards. My point is "don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see." I tend to give benefit of doubt on stuff on Internet as it doesn't really matter if it is the truth or not as often it doesn't affect you personally and most people I believe on here tell the truth anyway.
Oh like what?
BMW M4 Convertible, beans worthy engine.

If you are in position to take pictures of car already, one with beans on side of car would be quite easy to take and upload quickly afterwards. My point is "don't believe everything you hear and only half of what you see." I tend to give benefit of doubt on stuff on Internet as it doesn't really matter if it is the truth or not as often it doesn't affect you personally and most people I believe on here tell the truth anyway.

Really, sounds like a fine line between drive people away because they feel the community is going to question them rather than accept them. If you have a hang up with the user and still think they're faking it then go private message them. Rest of us seem to be at ease and perfectly fine with what he posted.

BMW M4 Convertible, beans worthy engine.

Well good for you, I'll make sure that if you post it as yours or any other car that you provide registration as well. Can't be too safe.

If you are in position to take pictures of car already, one with beans on side of car would be quite easy to take and upload quickly afterwards.
How many people can you imagine being in the position of getting to that exact Viper in as short time as the person did? Do you really think that they don't have an access to drive that car too? Unless the guy is 15, which I doubt as the pictures are taken using a potato rather than the newest super-camera-smartphone, there's no reason to wonder whether the member drives it or not, because there's really nothing that suggests that the member is lying.

How many people can you imagine being in the position of getting to that exact Viper in as short time as the person did? Do you really think that they don't have an access to drive that car too? Unless the guy is 15, which I doubt as the pictures are taken using a potato rather than the newest super-camera-smartphone, there's no reason to wonder whether the member drives it or not, because there's really nothing that suggests that the member is lying.

He took it with an iPad not a potato you meanie (might as well be, the iPhone's vary in quality too depending on lighting)

Really, sounds like a fine line between drive people away because they feel the community is going to question them rather than accept them. If you have a hang up with the user and still think they're faking it then go private message them. Rest of us seem to be at ease and perfectly fine with what he posted.
I'm not asking people for such info so unlikely drive people away from this place and I'm at ease. I find it entertaining this thread and long may it continue.
Well good for you, I'll make sure that if you post it as yours or any other car that you provide registration as well. Can't be too safe.
Good to hear. ;)
If I posted a picture of car then was asked shortly afterwards asked to take a picture of car with beans, then I imagine it wouldn't take too long to take picture of car with tin of baked beans. Anyway I think he is telling the truth.

Hmm looks like I missed some good stuff in here. Something about someone claiming to have a slammed / photo shopped Supra. I am guessing the mods checked the IP to make sure it wasn't the same person claiming to have a new Vette or a new BMW from recent claims? If the person doesn't respond, then we have our answer. It is not that hard to prove you own a vehicle. Especially since the vehicles usually require a title and insurance if all else fails. Along with the driver license.

The guy has a profile on other sites with the car, his information matches up, and no one is ever going to let you put a can of beans on their car. Case closed.
I'm writing in general how easy it is to beat the beans proof. You can take pictures when owner is not aware. I also think he is telling the truth.

Doesn't mean you own the car or even drive it. Video proof would be better.
It's still easy enough i posted a picture of a friends 458 in the dysagt thread and he's the type of guy that could let me do it for a laugh.

The picture of the beans on the engine is the most reasonable medium you can get without going ott

SVX
Who cares?
Some people do which I find pretty shocking as it's pretty much judging someone on the car they own.

With some of the people I know that have "supercars" that I've known even before they owned them and the amount of people that want to be your "friend" is insane.

They are also the first friends to go when your business goes down him and you have to sell them to help pay the mortgage on the house too.

I'm writing in general how easy it is to beat the beans proof. You can take pictures when owner is not aware. I also think he is telling the truth.

Do you walk around with a can of beans everyday?

The chances of having a can of beans with you when you see a nice car are so slim that it's not even worth arguing about.

I'm writing in general how easy it is to beat the beans proof. You can take pictures when owner is not aware.
I'd like to know how you would get in the car, pop open the hood, and put a can of Bush's Baked Beans in the engine bay without the owner knowing.

Besides, the bean proof was originally just a joke. The point was that no one would really go through the trouble of such a silly request if they were lying.

SVX
Who cares?
This is why I don't go around asking people if they really own things or not on here.
Some people do which I find pretty shocking as it's pretty much judging someone on the car they own.

With some of the people I know that have "supercars" that I've known even before they owned them and the amount of people that want to be your "friend" is insane.

They are also the first friends to go when your business goes down him and you have to sell them to help pay the mortgage on the house too.
Some people buy it for the attention too though. I'm personally more interested in how quicky I could drive such cars around a track.
Do you walk around with a can of beans everyday?

The chances of having a can of beans with you when you see a nice car are so slim that it's not even worth arguing about.
I don't and you don't need to.

Your family members can own such cars or people who live nearby or friends.
I'd like to know how you would get in the car, pop open the hood, and put a can of Bush's Baked Beans in the engine bay without the owner knowing.

Besides, the bean proof was originally just a joke. The point was that no one would really go through the trouble of such a silly request if they were lying.
The Viper example is not on the engine bay. However if you have access to car, it will be quite easy to do.

People who lie about who they are and what car they have may well go to that extent. A lot of money is lost through identity theft every year for example.

So this is where all you bean stirrers hang out. image.jpgimage.jpg

Back