Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
@Jcatz199
This is your Camaro...
1980_camaro_t_top_by_oliv3r1972kadett-d9edkb1.jpg

This is one of them, a 1980 Camaro t-top. She still need some work done and I'm trying to get a LS3 in her and give her some better parts so she can corner.

it's got a LS3 in it.....
_03-05-06.47.07.jpg

and it has 658hp?
03-05-06.48.04.jpg

But then on your Deviantart page ( which you posted a link to on your profile page here)
http://oliv3r1972kadett.deviantart.com/art/1980-Camaro-T-Top-568343053
You say that's your friend's car and that they are going to put a 350 crate engine in it

You also claim to own an Evo 8, that you put alot work into.....
03-05-06.48.59.jpg

but a month early you said you had a Evo 7

3-05-06.49.47.jpg

@Jcatz199
This is your Camaro...

it's got a LS3 in it.....
View attachment 522135
and it has 658hp?
View attachment 522136
But then on your Deviantart page ( which you posted a link to on your profile page here)
http://oliv3r1972kadett.deviantart.com/art/1980-Camaro-T-Top-568343053
You say that's your friend's car and that they are going to put a 350 crate engine in it

You also claim to own an Evo 8, that you put alot work into.....
View attachment 522137
but a month early you said you had a Evo 7

View attachment 522138

1.) He sold me the camaro because he could not finish it, I decided to get an LS3.
2.) Called a supercharger
3.) Meant to put evo VIII.

If you want more than message me.

Why wouldn't you have updated your Deviantart page to say you own the Camaro though and that you were going to put a Supercharged LS3 in it?

I mean the page must be important to you if you list it as your homepage.

Why wouldn't you have updated your Deviantart page to say you own the Camaro though and that you were going to put a Supercharged LS3 in it?

I mean the page must be important to you if you list it as your homepage.

Forgot I posted it there.

All this at the age of 20 how do you do it? Glad someone has remembered seeing all this, cause I recall seeing them myself and just waiting.

Going to junk yards to see what I can find and asking around for any used parts.

Going to junk yards to see what I can find and asking around for any used parts.

Allows you the money for all this? I mean I'm not aware of the junk yard business in Spokane. I mean unless you found the supercharger for the LS3 in one and got it for a reasonable price, along with the engine, just uh how again at the age of 20 do you afford all the other stuff?

GTS ? Why would someone import a GTS ( NA RB20DE or RB25DE ), or you mean GTS-4 ?

Yeah this as well was nagging, but not all that far fetched but still

GTS ? Why would someone import a GTS ( NA RB20DE or RB25DE ), or you mean GTS-4 ?
The only reason I can think of is that they were wanting to make a RWD drift car, but that's pretty stupid to be honest.

It's certainly a cheaper alternative if you really want a Skyline... or something different as a drift car. Lots of them have been brought over.

Who goes to the trouble of illegally importing a Skyline and only brings in a GT-S?

I was thinking this too. Someone must have really wanted it, or thought it was a GT-R...

I didn't realise they left supercharged 650+hp engine components in junkyards, let alone the parts to a JDM Giant...
Yeah, seems kinda fishy. I'm currently looking into either a TT setup or a supercharger for my car and let me tell you, they are VERY expensive, especially for someone in their 20's. I could see if that was the only thing you spent your money on for this car, or atleast one of the only things, but from what I'm getting at, it seems as if you have a boatload of performance mods put into this car, and don't even get me started on the imported Skyline...

Its nice to join a community and the first thing to be seen are people whom go out of their way and attack other member.

It's certainly a cheaper alternative if you really want a Skyline... or something different as a drift car. Lots of them have been brought over.

I was thinking this too. Someone must have really wanted it, or thought it was a GT-R...

I wouldn't exactly say "lots", certainly some. I've seen a couple at car shows. But doesn't mean they're legal here until they've met the collector/historic mark by I believe NHTSA

Its nice to join a community and the first thing to be seen are people whom go out of their way and attack other member.

It's nice when people join a community and actually understand what's going on before losely tossing about the claim of "attack". Far too many times people try to take advantage and lie to others of said community through such methods or others, to get some higher status or following. Why should it be fair for this user to potentially and massively break what you and I agreed to on day one of joining this place, when we do not get the same privileged?

Last edited:
The only reason I can think of is that they were wanting to make a RWD drift car, but that's pretty stupid to be honest.

The R32 RWD cars are cheap now, they are over 20 years old, and it would more sensible to get the turbocharged model instead NA model GTS that have inferior parts which means more mods for a drift build.

And, you would know a GTS quickly long before you are checking the VIN, it's NA - pop the hood or get into the driver seat, turn on the engine and rev it. Unless the car already had engine transplant.

Who goes to the trouble of illegally importing a Skyline and only brings in a GT-S?

I thought I heard R32 Skyline are now legal for import in the US ( 25 years rule or something ) 1991 and older should be legal ?

I wouldn't exactly say "lots", certainly some. I've seen a couple at car shows. But doesn't mean they're legal here until they've met the collector/historic mark by I believe NHTSA

Lots is a bit of an exaggeration I'll admit, it looks to be a fair number if I look at an importer such as Japanese Classics who seemingly bring more of them in than GT-R's, they even other lower trims too. I didn't say anything about it's legality, the Skyline in question is definitely not legal.

I thought I heard R32 Skyline are now legal for import in the US ( 25 years rule or something )

The Skyline spoken of is a '93, not there yet.

Odd that you'd join it twice then, really...
I thought I heard R32 Skyline are now legal for import in the US ( 25 years rule or something ) 1991 and older should be legal ?
Yep. He said it was a 1993 one.

Odd that you'd join it twice then, really...

Yep. He said it was a 1993 one.

Lots is a bit of an exaggeration I'll admit, it looks to be a fair number if I look at an importer such as Japanese Classics who seemingly bring more of them in than GT-R's, they even other lower trims too. I didn't say anything about it's legality, the Skyline in question is definitely not legal.

The Skyline spoken of is a '93, not there yet.

Oops, totally missed that, my bad.

Speaking of JDM imports, an interesting model would be S13 Autech convertible, looks sexy even today.

Latest Posts

Back