Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
@Jcatz199 @NBCR4 I don't think anyone has told you this yet despite alluding to it, which I think is slightly presumptuous. Our standard method of proof is a photo of the car with a can of beans either in the interior or in the engine bay. If you don't have beans then a piece of paper with your username (and you're only allowed one) placed in one of the same locations will also be considered.

This proof doesn't mean people will still doubt you and you may be asked for further evidence, but if you take the time to scroll through the history of this thread I think you'll find that choosing not to provide any evidence will end very, very, very badly for you. Nobody likes a liar. Prove to us that you're not one and we'll be much more friendly.

Last edited:
Why would you have to punch someone in the face?

I was just giving an example of an "attack".

But he said that we were attacking him, we weren't. Physically anyway.

Even verbally we weren't attacking him , unless questioning his claims count.

I was just giving an example of an "attack".

But he said that we were attacking him, we weren't. Physically anyway.

Even verbally we weren't attacking him , unless questioning his claims count.

Attack:

Wiktionary
1. An attempt to cause damage or injury to, or to somehow detract from the worth or credibility of, a person, position, idea, object, or thing, by physical, verbal,emotional, or other assault.

Punching someone in the face is one example of an attack, but it does not cover every aspect of the term. You can certainly attack someone over the internet, by typing letters on the keyboard.

Punching someone in the face is one example of an attack, but it does not cover every aspect of the term. You can certainly attack someone over the internet, by typing letters on the keyboard.

In that case it is an attack I guess.

I just called him out because coming into a forum and calling people out for attacking someone with questionable credibility as your first post is kind of rude in my opinion

Edit: Your post Tree'd me @Tornado , I'll take your word for it I guess.

In that case it is an attack I guess.

I just called him out because coming into a forum and calling people out for attacking someone with questionable credibility as your first post is kind of rude in my opinion

So what we've got here is me calling you out for calling him out for calling people out for calling another person out.

The circle of life.

And "he" is a fake second account for the person whose claim is being questioned. Just so you're aware of who you're defending.

I'm sure he is, but that's irrelevant. The question was wether you could attack someone by typing letters on a keyboard.

Who goes to the trouble of illegally importing a Skyline and only brings in a GT-S?

Not defending him but back in the late-90s, early-00s R32 GT-Rs were very difficult to import into New Zealand due to the import laws at the time. To get around it people would import GT-Rs then swap the running gear into a locally delivered chassis and sell it as a GT-R meaning there were quite a few 'GT-Rs' that were actually GTS' or GTSt's.

There was a somewhat famous one where all that was left of the original GTS chassis was the firewall and VIN plate. The rest of it was swapped from the GT-R.

Not defending him but back in the late-90s, early-00s R32 GT-Rs were very difficult to import into New Zealand due to the import laws at the time. To get around it people would import GT-Rs then swap the running gear into a locally delivered chassis and sell it as a GT-R meaning there were quite a few 'GT-Rs' that were actually GTS' or GTSt's.

There was a somewhat famous one where all that was left of the original GTS chassis was the firewall and VIN plate. The rest of it was swapped from the GT-R.
And in the USA, cars that were not approved for sale when new cannot be imported legally until they are 25 years old. So a 1993 R32 Skyline is illegal whether GTS or GT-R. Which begs the question of why someone would go to the trouble of importing an illegal GTS they can't drive rather than an illegal GT-R they can't drive.

And in the USA, cars that were not approved for sale when new cannot be imported legally until they are 25 years old. So a 1993 R32 Skyline is illegal whether GTS or GT-R. Which begs the question of why someone would go to the trouble of importing an illegal GTS they can't drive rather than an illegal GT-R they can't drive.
Maybe they just want to live semi-dangerously?

Facebook thinks everyone with a Toyota truck should be my friend, and one of the guys was tagged in this photo while I was looking at his rig. Anyways, according to this, which I'm guessing is your Facebook the car actually belongs to your buddy Kevin. If it really is Kevin's car, by all means make a thread in the Cars in General forum and tell us about it and what's being done to it. We like reading project logs, even if it's something you're just helping out on.

CISgd9R.png

Back