Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
So do something else like initials or adding a number to the end rather than misspelling your own name?

I guess he could do whatever he wants, but intentionally misspelling your own name on something that is mean to represent you is one of the more bizarre things that I've heard of. Unless you're trying to get people to recognize and identify you by that misspelling.

Hey. I don't know. Not my account, not my situation.

It takes all kinds. I have seen a lot of interesting people banned from this website.

I don't want to see zuel banned.

Why does it seem like is you just want to bring up about your racing series every chance you get?

As much as I would like to go on and on (and on and on) about the league I race in, I choose not to.

Because you're right and he does that all the time. As if any of us regulars par taking in this activity want to be apart of his series. The new members are in another sub forum @ITCC_Andrew

Gets better. Someone (perhaps a GTP member, has been giving him an earful on twitter. This includes accusations of being racist, and this little jab. My reply just being posted.

EDIT Deleted, noticed the swearing.

Has he really offended so many people that every single member on GTP needs to harass and follow his every move? Including off this website?

The mods have gave him his ultimatum, I'm pretty sure he's seen it and choosing to ignore it or taking his time for whatever reason.

I just find funnier how he now feels need to indirectly attack us, because he won't post on here I reckon. His next post won't ever happen I reckon on here however.

This thread needs to change title to "The gossip and bullying thread".

Most of the nonsense in the last 3 or so pages is just meant to provoke one and the same person. It's sad to see so many moderators around and yet no one seems to actually see what's going on here.

Alright, so you suspect that a member is making things up? Leave it to a moderator to deal with, you can use the report feature. We don't need a mob to provoke him further and then go around spreading gossip and laughing at him for several pages.

To all moderators around: Go through the last three (maybe more?) pages of this thread and then please take some time to discuss this between each other. One must be allowed to discuss the legitimacy of things that are being claimed, but surely it has gone way too far in this case.

Even if a user is more or less anonymous on these forums, there's still a person of flesh and blood on the other side of the screen.

Most of the nonsense in the last 3 or so pages is just meant to provoke one and the same person. It's sad to see so many moderators around and yet no one seems to actually see what's going on here.

Alright, so you suspect that a member is making things up? Leave it to a moderator to deal with, you can use the report feature. We don't need a mob to provoke him further and then go around spreading gossip and laughing at him for several pages.

To all moderators around: Go through the last three (maybe more?) pages of this thread and then please take some time to discuss this between each other. One must be allowed to discuss the legitimacy of things that are being claimed, but surely it has gone way too far in this case.

Even if a user is more or less anonymous on these forums, there's still a person of flesh and blood on the other side of the screen.
You entirely missed the point of this thread.

No one wants a liar here. It makes the site look bad.

While I agree in part, Zuel chose to make his name available by posting it on his own profile. No-one's done any netstalking to glean his identity and then gleefully posted up his personal information (which IS against the AUP) - he posted it himself.

Of course many members are angry at him and they're choosing to vent their anger on Twitter. We don't police Twitter and we wouldn't give GTPlanet members infractions for their behaviour on other sites. There's a couple of close to the bone things in the last couple of pages, but nothing overtly AUP-breaking on the first glance.

However, while some members have drawn their conclusions about Zuel, the fact is he merely hasn't provided the requisite proof yet and, though it seems likely he won't, we're still waiting to see whether he will, won't, or adopt a prolonged vow of silence.

I agree with the points you made Famine, however, I do not see the need to constantly 'beat a dead horse' here with people trying their hardest to look cool in front of their net friends by coming up with all these jokes and stuff. Each to their own I suppose.

I agree with the points you made Famine, however, I do not see the need to constantly 'beat a dead horse' here with people trying their hardest to look cool in front of their net friends by coming up with all these jokes and stuff. Each to their own I suppose.

You raise a fair point, however, at the end of the day it all comes to down to Zuel bringing this on himself.

His obtuse behavior extends beyond what you're all seeing.

Members gonna memb.

It is the nature of internet forums that they hunt in packs and when a troll injures itself and falls away from the herd, the pack will descend upon it. At least on GTPlanet it's a coherent pack with reasonable grammar.

Notice that the staff have only posted in the last few pages to actually moderate or answer directly posed questions. I've also noticed that some of the members have been self-moderating by not posting (or posting and then deleting) the recent Twitter exchange that was... shall we say "distasteful".

Of course "the subject" chose to post a veiled threat on his profile ("You're lucky the site is still up"), which is not something the folks who call here home take lightly. Still, last time he was called by the staff on posting utter rubbish as "insider information", he threatened to beat me up. Which... you know... quaking in my little space boots.

You entirely missed the point of this thread.

No one wants a liar here. It makes the site look bad.

So the solution is to bully them until they stop? I really doubt that is the desired spirit of GTPlanet. And it certainly doesn't make the site look pretty.

While I agree in part, Zuel chose to make his name available by posting it on his own profile. No-one's done any netstalking to glean his identity and then gleefully posted up his personal information (which IS against the AUP) - he posted it himself.

Of course many members are angry at him and they're choosing to vent their anger on Twitter. We don't police Twitter and we wouldn't give GTPlanet members infractions for their behaviour on other sites. There's a couple of close to the bone things in the last couple of pages, but nothing overtly AUP-breaking on the first glance.

However, while some members have drawn their conclusions about Zuel, the fact is he merely hasn't provided the requisite proof yet and, though it seems likely he won't, we're still waiting to see whether he will, won't, or adopt a prolonged vow of silence.

Even if he did make his name visible, it's no reason to keep mocking him, provoking him and laughing at him. Nor is the fact that he made a claim that he has failed to back up with evidence. If he doesn't conduct like the AUP requires, then warn him, suspend him or ban him. Don't let a mob of users bully him.

What's been going on here for the past three pages is not constructive in any manner, it only serves to break people down.

Except no one is bullying. No one is name calling, no one is doing any of that.

If he doesn't conduct like the AUP requires, then warn him, suspend him or ban him.
And you know that the staff have not done this how?

Don't let a mob of users bully him.
And you know that no action has been taken against other members how?

To be a little blunt about it you don't actually know what action has or has not been taken against members in regard to the AUP at all, as such making assumptions about it is commenting without being in full possession of the facts.

Back