Oh, oh, oh, I'm making a Ludicrous Claim®! Read the first post!

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 5,760 comments
It could be that he does have them but I can't find any solid evidence other than some Autocross C7 pics, which isn't proof it's his.

No I agree, I'm just not wanting to jump to full on accuse mode yet and giving him the benefit since the other user on here that has a GTR and C7 seems to believe him. I'm suspicious though hence me editing my post on the GT-R thread.

since when is owning a 100 grand car a "Ludicrous claim" anyhow?

Typically, some 14-16 year old will stick ther neck out and make a very bold ownership claim, and that's why this thread exists. We don't see as much of that anymore, to be honest. The proliferation of cell phone cameras means few folks have an excuse, and the stupid leave a trail of damning evidence.

For most teenagers, a $40,000 car is on the ludicrous side. Even if they do own it.

Yeah, MCNAGTROC came up a long while back, a month or two after he first joined, I think. Never gave us cause to believe he wasn't the real McCoy, a real familiar handle on the NAGTROC boards, and he's posted some insider info, including pictures and videos over the past year or two. Just not very active.

Have to agree. This guy posted like a real owner. He just had the genuine car guy feel. His posts didn't toss red flags. As a long time car guy you tend to catch them.

Like last night. Some guy claiming his Rally Art Lancer being basically an Evo. My youngest son looks at me like this dudes on crack dad. I look like let it go son. He is car stupid and it ain't worth it. LoL

Have to agree. This guy posted like a real owner. He just had the genuine car guy feel. His posts didn't toss red flags. As a long time car guy you tend to catch them.

Like last night. Some guy claiming his Rally Art Lancer being basically an Evo. My youngest son looks at me like this dudes on crack dad. I look like let it go son. He is car stupid and it ain't worth it. LoL
Its basically a simplified, cheaper Evo. (current gen only haha)

That lacks a manual Trans and nearly a hundred hp. It's a women's Evo. LoL wait that's the Evo X in general.
Hence the simpler and cheaper part of my post. Although, I thought it was only down about 40-50 hp?

going way off-topic, sorry.

That lacks a manual Trans and nearly a hundred hp. It's a women's Evo. LoL wait that's the Evo X in general.

In fairness, it does have a sophisticated all-wheel-drive system. It's roughly equivalent to what the Impreza WRX has been for 24 years now. :D :D :D :lol: My mom has a 2006 Ralliart... One of the worst cars ever built for performance, but it is quite reliable. The front-wheel-drive means wheelspin at 10% throttle. I'm fully serious. It's a terrible, terrible car with endless wheelspin.

In fairness, it does have a sophisticated all-wheel-drive system. It's roughly equivalent to what the Impreza WRX has been for 24 years now. :D :D :D :lol: My mom has a 2006 Ralliart... One of the worst cars ever built for performance, but it is quite reliable. The front-wheel-drive means wheelspin at 10% throttle. I'm fully serious. It's a terrible, terrible car with endless wheelspin.

Oh so now we know why you are a Subaru fanboy.

Oh so now we know why you are a Subaru fanboy.

:lol: No. I like my Subaru, but I also like my dad's Accent... Which, with a short-shifter, and lowering springs, is at least somewhat fun/interesting. I just don't like the Mitsubishi's lurchy throttle, or the way that the throttle spins the front wheels with even the most gentle of throttle inputs on that generation. I love the Evo and 2008+ Ralliarts which are AWD and turbo. They're actually fun/stylish/spacious and cool.

But, I won't say that Subaru makes the perfect car. They don't. The build quality for the A/T on my car is rubbish. Track days or not, transmission shouldn't slip. :mad: The Mitsubishi, although loud, uncomfortable, and front-wheel-drive is the most reliable car my family's ever had. It has never - ever - broken down, after quite a few winters. The Subaru hasn't, either, but a rusty exhaust (replaced,) rusty doors/hood, and failing A/T are a serious let down.

All told, the Ralliart is a better car now that it's AWD. The FF let it down, as did the significant noise in the interior (which was also addressed) and the power/fun-to-drive/practicality would make the 2008+ Ralliart easier to live with than my mom's 2006 car. Can't stand it...

It would be pointless because I have nothing to contribute to the spark I would come up with.

I own a Veyron. Is that good enough? :lol:

That said we really shouldn't drag this off topic dude. TB already said not to once :)

I think this fits:
Zuel
Out on the road and I get a very nice letter asking me to be part of the GT or should I say Gran Turismo test team. I like this very much.:)
Zuel
Yes SIR. I was shocked myself when I found out. Now I'm. wondering if I be testing the future updates for GT6 or working on GT7. beta.

Yes, the guy so on the pulse of PD's daily activities that he knew a guy who saw them doing something that it was impossible for them to be doing; and so intertwined with PD's corporate hierarchy that he asked some random guy for his opinion on the matter of GT6's faulty camber implementation after asking KW Suspension's normal customer support team didn't get an actual answer.

He's now closer to Kaz than any of us ever will be. Excepting the people (Famine, Jordon, SlipztrEm I think) who actually met him, presumably.

Last edited:
Back