OMG Super Pissed Right NowF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter FunkMuffin
  • 10 comments
FlexiDigit
So I'm a newbie to this racing series. In my first season, just spent two hours learning, practicing and setting up my Williams for Turkey.

Finished quali, and I'm sitting I'm the garage pre-race. Look at the clock and realize that I need to run an errand, but can't figure out how to exit without retiring. Let's just say that "retire to paddock" is obviously not the right action...

Now I've got a DNF for Turkey, and no way to het back and run the race.

How in the name of all that is holy and good does one get out of the garage to come back another day with fresh eyes???

Do you just turn the PS3 off?

I'm pretty sure turning off the ps3 mid-game will cause you to lose any unsaved progress.

"Exit to main menu" or so is what I'm using at the beginning of the next session. You can't save mid session, tho. So you'd have to advance to the race and then back out to the main menu in order to keep your practice and qualifying results. You can come back to the race later using the calendar function in career mode if done correctly.

"Exit to main menu" or so is what I'm using at the beginning of the next session. You can't save mid session, tho. So you'd have to advance to the race and then back out to the main menu in order to keep your practice and qualifying results. You can come back to the race later using the calendar function in career mode if done correctly.

Does that option show up in the Engineer menu, where "Retire to Paddock" is? I don't remember seeing it, but then again I wasn't really looking.

Nope, you have to press start on your wheel / controller. Keep in mind, the engineer is offering you "in character options" so to say - your character doesn't have a main menu, he can go back to the paddock. :)

I feel your pain mate although your question has been answered correctly by saying about hitting the start button instead of going to the engineer.

It was the same in 2010 but it's not clear enough to new players I don't think.

Also it never mentions anywhere that if you spend 4 hours tuning your car in Practice (1,2 & 3) then decide you will quali/race later - unless you specifically save your set up on the car it will all get lost the next time you load up the game - one to remember!

The menu isn't that intuitive for first time users.

I think all us have been bitten by the "retire to paddock" choice once. :)

Just hit the start button and it'll pause. If you want to turn off your PS3. You'll hav to go into the Start Menu and hit Quit to Main Menu. It should start you off back at the beginning of your session.

I'm always nervous about saving mid weekend and going back to the paddock, best to start the session you want to start on next time and then go back to paddock. I do 20% races so that I can do a whole weekend in little over an hour, but the purists would struggle with that technique running 100% races as well! And then there are those that won't speed up or skip practice and qualifying! Mental :bowdown:

Back