International Racing Series Owner
Premium
United States
Columbus, Ohio
aceboy127
racingaceboy127
ovalracingseriesbanner.jpg

miatatcseriesbanner.jpg

There will be 3 series run. 1 on Friday at 10pm eastern and 2 on Saturday one at 2pm eastern and another at 5pm eastern.
Rules and Regulations
The Miata TC will be stock (tuning prohibited) with Racing Hards equipped.
It will be run at full power (213HP broken in) everywhere except Indy. At Indy it will be run at 464PP. At Daytona it will be run at 450PP.

Schedule
Standings
Drivers List

Points Format
1: 13
2: 11
3: 10
4: 9
5: 8
6: 7
7: 6
8: 5
9: 4
10: 3
11: 2
12: 1

Oval Racing Series Social Group Page
OP is currently unfinished. If you have any questions, just ask.

Last edited:
The schedule will be made up of 5 races.
1: 9/28, 9/29|Motegi Super Speedway 75 Laps
picture.php

2: 10/12, 10/13|Daytona Super Speedway 50 Laps
picture.php

3: 10/19, 10/20|Bristol 100 Laps
bristol.jpg

4: 10/26, 10/27|Indy Super Speedway 50 Laps
picture.php

5: 11/2, 11/3|Martinsville 100 Laps
martinsville.jpg

6: 11/9, 11/10|Motegi Super Speedway 75 Laps
picture.php

Last edited:
Drivers List
Only a maximum of 12 drivers per series.
All times eastern
Friday 10pm Series
1: Bowtie52/#52/Gun Metal Grey/Mariner Blue
2: TrackBound7/#7/Green/White
3: Johnnypenso/#25/Green/White
4: killerclown19/#5/Orange/Black
5: miata_1/#60/Pinehurst Green/TBD
6: aceboy127/#27/Mariner Blue/Gun Metal Grey
7: smokercn20/#20/Gun Metal Grey/Orange
8: Sassafrass_3/#17/Orange/White
9: atongo619/#TBD/TBD/TBD
10: rap129/#TBD/TBD/TBD
11: anotherdike/#TBD/TBD/TBD
12:
Friday 10pm Teams
Top Performance Motorsports
aceboy127/Bowtie52
Can-Am Motorsports
Johnnypenso/TrackBound7
Orange Crush Racing
killerclown19/Sassafrass_3
Team Name Here
miata_1/smokercn20
Team Name Here
atongo619/rap129
Team Name Here

Saturday 2pm Series
1: aceboy127/#27/Mariner Blue/White
2: Jahgee1124/#11/Reflex Spice/Silver
3: Johnnypenso/#25/Purple/Gold rims
4: killerclown19/#5/Orange/Black
5: miata_1/#60/Pinehurst Green/TBD
6: Xstylez---X/#27/TBD/TBD
7: smokercn20/#20/Gun Metal Grey/Orange
8: Sassafrass_3/#17/Orange/White
10: jbica/#76/Yellow/Black
11:
12:
Saturday 2pm Teams
aceboy127/Jahgee1124
Orange Crush Racing
Team Name Here
Johnnypenso/Xstylez---X
Team Name Here
miata_1/smokercn20
Team Name Here
atongo619/jbica
Team Name Here

Saturday 5pm Series
1: Johnnypenso/#25/Purple/Gold rims
2: Bowtie52/#52/Gun Metal Grey/Gold
3: wat3rm370n/#40/Deep Pink Metallic/Abyss
4: xNikodemusx/#19/Mustard yellow/black
5: Xstylez---X/#27/TBD/TBD
6: killerclown19/#5/Orange/Black
7: Sassafrass_3/#17/Orange/White
8: smokercn20/#20/Gun Metal Grey/Orange
10: aceboy127/#27/Mariner Blue/White
11: rap129/#TBD/TBD/TBD
12: djdman455/#TBD/TBD/TBD
Saturday 5pm Teams
Melon an Mustard Racing
wat3rm370n/xNikodemusx
Orange Crush Racing
Team Name Here
Johnnypenso/Xstylez---X
aceboy127/Bowtie52
Team Name Here
smokercn20/atongo19
Team Name Here
rap129/djdman455

Last edited:
Signing up for 2.

watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
for 2pm

bender2011 / miata_1
for 5pm

Will inform of colours later. :D

And just to clarify - this is "tuning prohibited" ?

Edit to append:
It occurred to me looking at the sign-up list... Aceboy127, you yourself are not signed up. :confused:

:lol:

Last edited:
Signing up for 2.

watermelonpunch / wat3rm370n
for 2pm

bender2011 / miata_1
for 5pm

Will inform of colours later. :D

And just to clarify - this is "tuning prohibited" ?

Edit to append:
It occurred to me looking at the sign-up list... Aceboy127, you yourself are not signed up. :confused:

:lol:
Nice to have you both racing with us.
The series is set to tuning prohibited.
Yes, I have not signed up yet, because I am undecided in which series I will be running in.

Is there any interest in a preseason event this Saturday at Indy Super Speedway?

Oh I thought it started this saturday. So yes, I'd be interested.

My car colour is Deep Pink Metallic with Abyss wheels.

Oh I thought it started this saturday. So yes, I'd be interested.

My car colour is Deep Pink Metallic with Abyss wheels.
We are going to wait until we get a near full field in both series before I set a start date.
Pink car with abyss wheels. I'm guessing abyss is a shade of green. Also let me know when the mister has decided on his number and colors.

Also everyone there is a poll up.

Abyss is black I swear!!! :lol: (It may be a greenish black though. :guilty:)

Oh, and where are the races going to be held?

BTW: This morning I parked behind a Mazda2 at the library, and my 1st thought was "I wonder if it's on comfort mediums while everyone else is on comfort softs" - because that's what the Mazda2 is on in shuffle. So then while I was driving from the library to the grocery store, I kept thinking about gt5 race ideas looking at all the cars in traffic. :guilty: And I saw a Cube. And I thought about that license test or special test or whatever from GT4, the slipstream test with the Cubes. And I think maybe I'm going to do a nostalgia event with Cubes on Motegi high speed ring. :lol:

Of course miata_1 was watching an episode of Top Gear last night where they were making fun of the Jensen Interceptor, and now I'm thinking of making an event with the Interceptor as well.

:guilty: :D :lol:

Anyway, I wish I thought of the miata tc oval idea! It's great!
(Of course Miata_1 has 1st dibs on this. *sigh* - he is, after all, "Miata_1". ;))

Crazy what cars you can see if you look hard enough, I thought I seen a Daihatsu Move yesterday and it was blue.
I must say though when I first tested the Miata TC on some ovals I knew I had to make a series with it. 👍

Can you let me know to which european (Paris / brussels) hours this corresponds?

Do I need to have the Motegi Ring on my PS3? Or is it sufficient if the host has it?

It is a nice car. I'm not a big fan of oval racing, but I was thinking about organizing a road track championship with this car.

2pm US EDT = 8pm CEST
5pm US EDT = 11pm CEST
(when daylight savings time (summer time) ends, all bets are off on my translation!)

2pm US EDT = 8pm CEST
5pm US EDT = 11pm CEST
(when daylight savings time (summer time) ends, all bets are off on my translation!)
Yea those are the right hours. The GTP calender is a good way to avoid time confusion.
Do I need to have the Motegi Ring on my PS3? Or is it sufficient if the host has it?

It is a nice car. I'm not a big fan of oval racing, but I was thinking about organizing a road track championship with this car.
Yes you do need the track in order to be able to race on it.
A road course series with this car would be fun.

I went ahead and signed up for the 2pm series.
Also I will be switching the driver amount in both series to 9 instead of 8.

I'd like to give this a spin. Not sure if I can make every race though. 5pm would work best for me.

Johnnypenso/Purple/Gold rims

I haven't run this car at all but I'm wondering if it'll be on the rev limiter at Indy or not. If it is, it makes for an awful race where it might be almost impossible to pass. One thing you can do just for Indy if this is the case, is to allow tuning so we can drop a tranny in there to get the thing up to top speed and not worry about bouncing off the rev limiter. I assume this car on Race Hards at stock HP will be wide open at Indy so there's no advantage to be gained by tuning there anyway. So long as you set the room to a certain HP limit, the cars will still be all equal at this particular track. You can even specify a specific top speed for the transmission and it's easy to check on the replay.

You should also specifiy whether bump drafting will be allowed at Indy. Two cars working together with a good draft technique can really pull away, but if you want to keep it even you can specify no bump drafting.

Yea those are the right hours. The GTP calender is a good way to avoid time confusion.

Yes you do need the track in order to be able to race on it.
A road course series with this car would be fun.

The problem is that I live in two different places and that I don't have the DLC's on the PS3 that I can use on saturdays. So, I'll have to wait for the new GT5 release including all the DLC's which will be released on september 26th.

I will propose a Road endurance on a real-world track with that car somewhere in september.

I haven't run this car at all but I'm wondering if it'll be on the rev limiter at Indy or not.

I'd be surprised since Aceboy127 is pretty good with extensive testing before coming out with a race.
I'm pretty sure it does not hit the limiter, IIRC from my testing (though my gt5 test info docs which are on my older computer that's now inaccessible darn it!).
I think it was nowhere near the limiter, actually. Which would probably mean it wouldn't bounce the limiter in a draft. (I've never actually raced this car though.)
Probably geared correctly because it's a DLC. (At least I hope PD puts more effort into the pay cars. :lol: :rolleyes:)

Alas, though, it's my constant annoyance with choosing cars for no tune races that some hit that darn limiter.
CUBES @# OVALS I've run into the opposite issue, in that when not in a draft, the Cube is better off dropping into 3, which is less than convenient. Yet if we were to race the Cubes @ SSRX, in the draft you'd probably get it up to a pretty impressive speed for a Cube without hitting the limiter. :lol: Which begs the question... why would you ever need to get the Cube up to SSRX speeds???? :lol: :rolleyes: I mean is it really necessary to have it stock geared that way??? :boggled:

I'd be surprised since Aceboy127 is pretty good with extensive testing before coming out with a race.
I'm pretty sure it does not hit the limiter, IIRC from my testing (though my gt5 test info docs which are on my older computer that's now inaccessible darn it!).
I think it was nowhere near the limiter, actually. Which would probably mean it wouldn't bounce the limiter in a draft. (I've never actually raced this car though.)
Probably geared correctly because it's a DLC. (At least I hope PD puts more effort into the pay cars. :lol: :rolleyes:)

Nice to see you back Punch 👍 That would be great if it's true that the car won't be on the rev limiter. Racing on tracks where the rev limiter comes into play is something I find really grinds me on GT5. I'd probably skip the race if that were the case, I hate it that much!!:mad::mischievous::eek:

Nice to see you back Punch 👍 That would be great if it's true that the car won't be on the rev limiter. Racing on tracks where the rev limiter comes into play is something I find really grinds me on GT5. I'd probably skip the race if that were the case, I hate it that much!!:mad::mischievous::eek:

Yes, it's no picnic to drive that way of course. But THAT SOUND. OMG that sound of it bouncing off the limiter going down a straight.
When miata_1 goes in a shuffle room that's set at 420pp and winds up in a muscle car on Monza,
going Shoom-NTCH-NTch-NTch-SHOOM-NTch-NTch-NTch!
I just want to scream.
omfg.gif

How long are the rounds? I'd join the 2pm series as this car is good fun, but it'd need to be over by 4 really because the Sprint Cup Series is Saturday nights.

Yea I do not believe the rev limiter will be a major issue, but if it is I could always drop the power down a tad bit.
How long are the rounds? I'd join the 2pm series as this car is good fun, but it'd need to be over by 4 really because the Sprint Cup Series is Saturday nights.
These races will be fairly short and should be about an hour or less, so I think you will be just fine time wise.

Also it is great to welcome you both into the series. :)

Yea I do not believe the rev limiter will be a major issue, but if it is I could always drop the power down a tad bit.

Yeah I never thought of dropping down the power...good idea. Perhaps during a test session or a short test after a scheduled race would determine if it's a problem or not and a quick remedy could be found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back