Part of GTP History - Gone Forever

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 44 comments
Well, it had to happen. :grumpy:
I remember being a member of the group and meeting all of the old timers that were the crew of the GTPlanet.
Talentless was the man of knowledge, not only about cars, but the game and glad to see him still on the forums.
Many have come and gone and not too many of us still posting on the Planet.
Jordan, sorry for your loss and really know how you feel.
There were still some posts there not too long ago but must've fallen off to zero for MSN to close it down.
Didn't you get any information from MSN when the warned of the impending doom of the site?? I do from time to time and still have my original MSN site that you helped me start. 👍 :)
Don't fret too bad Jordan, you've got a place here that rocks and rolls.
It's come a long way.
Misnblu

Bummer J-man. I hardly remember the old group. I anyone from then could list the names of a few of the MSN members I'd appreciate it. I don't really remember anyone except Jordan, Talentless, and Misnblu. Was bigblocksrule in the MSN group or just an early bird here at GTP?

That's msn for you! But they usually send a message saying that it is inactive and about to close. did you not get one?

jreay21
That's msn for you! But they usually send a message saying that it is inactive and about to close. did you not get one?
Yep, they sent me one, but I never ever check my Hotmail, so I didn't see it.

Hi guys, I doubt any of you will have heard of me, let alone remember me but I was just skimming the forums for ol' times sake and I can across this sad piece of news and had to register to add my bit for us ol' time racers.

I was a driver for "Thunder Road Racing" back in the heady days of GTXR, GTXR2 & 3, Three full blown hybrid championships run by Grym, with some 50 to 80 drivers competing in the toughest race series on the planet.

Thunder Road had 8 drivers and the team, one owner/builder, a great guy from Witchita Falls in Texas by the name of "Coldfire". Over the 3 series TRR had a few drivers come and go, a few names that I can recall are as follows..... GTer, Fast Eddie, Loose Butt, Fiery, Drifter, MTB4life and Stonewolf, the rest have slipped my mind for the moment... 💡

There was 4 classes for GTXR series, 2 drivers for each, over the 2 years that the comp's took place, we (TRR) managed to win them all... even now I still ring Coldfire in the U.S., (I'm in Australia...) and a few other great friends I made over the years through the forums, it really sux when all those memories, setups, race results, FAQ's, codes and cars get lost forever.... as far as the GT community goes that stuff was priceless, I am indeed sorry for the loss.

pass you on the road somewhere....

cheers, Johnno

Hi Jordan, I've only recently become a member, I know that sux having things you worked so hard on, lost to some extent, kind of like my cooking, it really sux IF I were to I end up burning or in some other way ruining something because I put so much of myself into it and well, into my work period, because for me, its sort of a reflection of myself ...

I have an 💡 for ya though, you know they say that when something is "deleted" from a disk, its not really gone, hmm, it'd been nice if at the time you found out they deleted it, you coulda busted in w\ FBI badges and took hostage their disk drives and had your information retreived, :lol:

You'd think that area of storage wasnt overwritten yet w\ new information, since it seems like as much of people's content msn servers tend to delete :grumpy: they proly never have more than 50% useage .. I am an ast mgr at GT Saga and they have really messed up some things at the board there over the years, pics were being deleted mysteriously, couldnt upload any, pages were missing, couldnt access the board, the list goes on, sheesh ..

Pako, actually, I think it is about the destination, most of us, in my opinion, would prefer to be in an even better place than we are now, ... BUT, a good point you make, its best to cherish the experiences and memories along the way, "stop and smell the roses" and see challenges, tough times as not something to become bitter about but experiences to help us as we grow and mature ..

Its similar to the old cliche you'd hear from your school coach, "no pain no gain", if you dont work those muscles, they wont ever get stronger, same goes for the mind/ heart ..

I may sound a lil silly w\ this question but something I dont get Sport Wagon, whenever people talk about say bandwidth useages, they claim the simple linking of and viewing of pages as bandwidth useage ? So then if it that doesnt count towards A level of "activity" then how can companies charge for page viewing as part of bandwidth useage if its not consider atleast some level of "activity" ?

I understand viewing of pages is not actually accessing a message posting box and submitting a response.. still, people viewing the pages is an activity, I mean people are obviously getting some useage out of the site because they are there veiwing its content... I mean if every host deleted content that wasnt being considered "actively used", the net's size would proly be cut in half.

I spose the one downside is, you got a message Jordan but never checked your mail, so .. but you still have your memories and now I bet this place is even better because you brought from the old board, experience gained, knowledge, content & most important, people :)

Thanks for the comments Iceman, Costar, and thenoose. To answer your qeustion, Costar: yes. Pages, and images all use bandwidth. The old MSN site was frequently visited and sent many new visitors to GTPlanet every day. However, MSN only considers page editing, file uploading, and new message board posts as "activity" and of course I was not doing any of those things. (I had to close the forums to new posts because of spammers.)

I'm sad that my first post about a 300hp MR Citroen Picasso is gone:(

Ya i noticed this thread a bit late. I also had a loss like this a bit back. I had a need for speed site at xanga ( i was a need for speed head befor i became a gran turismo head ) and they closed it down. Sorry for your loss...

Rest in Peace.... Jordans MSN Gran Turismo 2 Site

Back