Patch 1.13 rant thread

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 168 comments
@anthonyfa18 Sorry, I couldn't quote your comment, I don't know why. The 24H Spa does have dynamic weather. Here's proof, it's a video I found on Youtube, the race starts with a dry track, starts raining at night and later it stops:

Thank I test it tonight and yess it is there so I am just a litte confused why people were say it dose not have it

I am 46. I remember when games were released finished and without predatory practices included.

I'm 42 and I don't. I specifically remember getting things live Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, Pools of Radiance, Fallout 1 and F16 Flight Simulator and then having to manually patch them six months later when they finally got around to it. And if you didnt have a way to get the patch file, you were just stuck with a bugged game.

Take your rose colored bifocals off.

Last edited:
I'm 42 and I don't. I specifically remember getting things live Civilization, Heroes of Might and Magic, Pools of Radiance, Fallout 1 and F16 Flight Simulator and then having to manually patch them six months later when they finally got around to it. And if you didnt have a way to get the patch file, you were just stuck with a bugged game.

PC gaming was your mistake. Consoles never had that problem. Zero bugs, only features.

PC gaming was your mistake. Consoles never had that problem. Zero bugs, only features.
Not quite - Gran Turismo 2 had a bug with the removed drag strips. And Constructor on PS1 had an issue.

They'd didn't patch games because they didn't have the ability to! Once the game was on the disc that was it (until PS2 - but I don't ever remember updating a PS2 game)

Last edited:

I think there is a big difference between post-release bug fixes of the past and what we get today, which is basically incomplete games (content missing and buggy). No Man's Sky, Cyberpunk, basically any recent Battlefield, GTS, and now GT7 (I'm sure there are plenty more examples too). These are games which are obviously unfinished and released in what is basically an Early Access state.

Last edited:
And we're not even supposed to make our own races. The tools are there, but PD don't actually want you to use them. Otherwise they'd make them pay more than an absolutely insulting amount.
I mostly agree with what you're saying, but this is a point that I don't get at all.

You make custom races to have fun racing whatever you want, not to mine gold. Do it because that's literally what playing the game is, having fun driving virtual cars, why would anyone need a bunch of cash for playing a custom race when there are so many ways to get the money anyways?

I mostly agree with what you're saying, but this is a point that I don't get at all.

You make custom races to have fun racing whatever you want, not to mine gold. Do it because that's literally what playing the game is, having fun driving virtual cars, why would anyone need a bunch of cash for playing a custom race when there are so many ways to get the money anyways?
But you can't afford to race whatever you want by doing custom races. I want to set up a classic Le Mans cars race, still grinding to get all the pieces together. It would be a lot more fun if you could earn cars with custom races yet 129K for a 3H endurance race is not going to cut it. 48K for a 12H race against a custom grid, then 130K to fix the car, that's the insult.

So indeed, doing the actually not so many ways to get credits to be able to afford doing more custom endurance races in the future with car line-ups I actually want to race against. Stupid game puts GR.C together with VGT Hybrids, so you first need to buy all the cars you want to race against :/

True. Not only buying the cars, but when more than half of your earnings go to customisation & tuning… because,… you like to replicate what you like:
Cars Bought 319
Credits Spent on Cars Cr. 77,997,793
Credits Spent on Customisation Cr. 2,227,294
Credits Spent on Tuning Cr. 37,817,365

… custom race payouts get a bit annoying at times.

Because you can't do two things at once. You can either do custom races or earn good money, it's one or the other.

The game is definitely lacking content. I was really hoping not to get catfished when they said “track layouts”, that it meant an actual new track. Not a pit lane change. They need to add an actual single player career mode. The cafe races just lack content.

Still getting forever black screen,blue error screens, offline mode with no maintenance notifications, (again today confirmed from Australia to u.s.) horrible lag online lobbies..

"Fixed pp exploit- next day several videos out showing its still exploitable, with even more hp"

(if its cross play caused, maybe they have an option to disable it like other games if that would smooth out multi-player..?)

Only thing to look forward to is your roulette rip-off 2500 credits each daily workout' and you might get a car or a part you could buy anyways.

Because we know everyone is praying for the " s"high lift cam" for a damn delorean, and "carbon" driveshaft for Hyundai..

Thanks for teasing with 'engine swaps."

But go online and seems theres a swapped rx7,bug, sylvia, or beetle..

Looking forward to how this all pans out. Hard to keep people in my list on it.

"Congratulations!"

True. Not only buying the cars, but when more than half of your earnings go to customisation & tuning… because,… you like to replicate what you like:
Cars Bought 319
Credits Spent on Cars Cr. 77,997,793
Credits Spent on Customisation Cr. 2,227,294
Credits Spent on Tuning Cr. 37,817,365

… custom race payouts get a bit annoying at times.
I'm already at 152 million spent on cars, and 27 million spend on tuning, 102 cars bought. I'm going for everything pre 2000, the older the more expensive. Still 25 cars left, but mostly the 962C, 917K and XJ13 to get in the line up.

Yep, no way to get that kinda money with custom races.

Take your rose colored bifocals
lol, I played all of those games other than f16. I do not remember patching them even if they had patches. It barely affected my experience. Regardless, I am not referring to patches. I have no problem with patching games. I am referring to the lack of an actual finished game, content wise. Are you being obtuse?

TMNT The Game was borderline unplayable until patched. No I'm not being obtuse. It's called a patch for a reason, I am not talking about expansions. Just because you didnt notice them does not mean they didnt exist.

Anyways, more to rant about;

I realized that people renting cars get access to all the tyres for free. I understand why they made that decision, but if that is how it's going to be, why not just give everyone access to all of the racing tyres for online races?

Last edited:
Back