Patch 1.13 rant thread

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 168 comments
I didn't suggest you to do exploits either, I just mentioned that the exploit exists and it's by far the best credit grind. I don't like it either, but if I need money, I will have it over doing an entire 1 hour race that I already beat.

And it's not about this race being bad. Aside from being so easy to beat the AI, the race itself is good and the payout is decent, but it's just yet another event from the Gr.3 category among the dozens that already exist in the game. Meanwhile the other categories aside from Gr.4, have barely to no events, and we have our cars collecting dust in the garage for lack of content to use them at their full potential.

I mentioned above, that it was either of two reasons mate. The first reason precisely saying what you said in this post. You not liking them cars.
And the reason I suggested the 2nd chance was purely because of the way you adressed me in the last sentence, I didn't misunderstood, I laid it down to two reasons and tried to respond to both with the 2nd being obviously more elaborate.
I know you are a human too, which was why I responded in the way I did... Just mentioned the last fact just because it's true. It's quite clear you don't like to see people (or me specifically) complain for some odd reason.

Regardless, all the people complaining about other people complaining here... Incredibly, but unsurprisingly, fail to write anything productive, some arguments on how this was a "great" update or how the game has a lot of content.
Just simple minded folk saying "I like and that's it" but at the same time, whining about the constructive complaints of others.

Which then come up with the condescending tone of telling others how to play the game. Seriously...
You do you, and I'll do me. You continue grinding at race you don't like, and continue complaining about it. Me, I'll continue doing races I enjoy and collecting credits as and when they come.

Note also that your complaints are not constructive and people that like the update/game are not "simple minded."

You do you, and I'll do me. You continue grinding at race you don't like, and continue complaining about it.

And I'll quote:

I think you misunderstood mate.

Yeah, it seems there's a lot of that around.

As for this:
Note also that your complaints are not constructive and people that like the update/game are not "simple minded."

Will agree to disagree on that second part, some are, some aren't.
On the first one... You're wrong.

The AI is bad on Custom race ?
That's like saying subway sandwitches suck, you made the damn thing .
No I didn't? Custom races don't require me to code the AI. The AI is just bad, it rubber bands like crazy in custom races. I can't fix that.

It's like saying Subway sandwiches suck, because their ingredients suck, and I just shouldn't have gone to Subway.

I was glad that my expectation was low. More new model cars and events are needed. Tracks that doesn’t have no events or 1 or 2 should have more of them. It’s laughable with the amount of events we have gotten so far within the World Circuits recently.

I think some of you are overlooking a key point with new "New Spa Layout" rather than the location of start finish and the pit lane, especially if you have played FIA/Sport mode in GT Sport. On a rolling start unless you qualified 1st or 2nd, you were starting behind the chicane and at a massive disadvantage. Now with the start line moved, while I can still see cars starting from behind the chicane, it will probably be 18th-20th as opposed to 3rd back leveling the playing field a little more.

Another overlooked thing is they could have easily forced micro transactions on new content post game release, but they didn't, and I hope they continue to do so and not nickel and dime every extra content like iRacing or Forza.

Now I'm not entirely happy with the update like others on here, but I have different reasons and it actually has to do with the physics. They needed to address the snappiness oversteer, which they did, but in my opinion they went too much the other way. I'm finding that they added too much grip to the rear, that now the handful of cars I tried last night have understeer now, particularly mid corner which ices me for corner exit. But I'm glad they're at least addressing some of the issues. They just need to dial it back a little to the front please ;)

I think some of you are overlooking a key point with new "New Spa Layout" rather than the location of start finish and the pit lane, especially if you have played FIA/Sport mode in GT Sport. On a rolling start unless you qualified 1st or 2nd, you were starting behind the chicane and at a massive disadvantage. Now with the start line moved, while I can still see cars starting from behind the chicane, it will probably be 18th-20th as opposed to 3rd back leveling the playing field a little more.
They could have also achieved that by programming their rolling starts properly, so cars are bumper to bumper like reality.

The game would have been finished 4 weeks before release to allow for production and certification, so it's actually about 10 weeks since they stopped adding content to the base game.

Creating race events cannot take that long. They're drip feeding these events on purpose. They've probably decided that they'll be kind enough to let us have the Supercar and Gr1 events that Jimmy Fallon played at launch in June or July.

You do realise they've spent most of the time since release bug fixing for issues not found during development.

Some additional content has no doubt been left back for specific things going forward but still.. were barely a couple of months in.

And regrading bunching up the rolling starts.. fair enough for higher tiered lobbies (even then it'll still be messy for most) but I couldn't imagine how bad that would be for the poor lot in the lobbies lower down. Absolute carnage.

Last edited:
My Spa 24hr layout has dynamic weather!
Rain weather /= dynamic weather.

Rain weather circuits :

Red Bull RingFull Course
Red Bull RingShort Track
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps24h Layout
Circuit de Spa-FrancorchampsFull Course
Dragon TrailGardens
Dragon TrailGardens Reverse
24 Heures du Mans Racing CircuitFull Course
24 Heures du Mans Racing CircuitNo Chicane
Nürburgring24h Layout
NürburgringGrand Prix Track
NürburgringNordschleife
AutopolisFull Course
AutopolisShortcut Course
Fuji International SpeedwayFull Course
Fuji International SpeedwayShort Course
High Speed RingFull Course
High Speed RingFull Course Reverse
Suzuka CircuitEast Course
Suzuka CircuitFull Course
Tokyo ExpresswayCentral Clockwise
Tokyo ExpresswayCentral Counterclockwise
Tokyo ExpresswayEast Clockwise
Tokyo ExpresswayEast Counterclockwise
Tsukuba CircuitFull Course

Dynamic weather circuits :

Circuit de Sainte-CroixLayout A
Circuit de Sainte-CroixLayout A Reverse
Circuit de Sainte-CroixLayout C
Circuit de Sainte-CroixLayout C Reverse
Blue Moon Bay SpeedwayInfield A
Blue Moon Bay SpeedwayInfield A Reverse
Special Stage Route XSpecial Stage Route X
24 Heures du Mans Racing CircuitFull Course
24 Heures du Mans Racing CircuitNo Chicane
Nürburgring24h Layout
NürburgringNordschleife

They could have also achieved that by programming their rolling starts properly, so cars are bumper to bumper like reality.
Agreed. I would go one step further and would want to see 2 wide rolling starts like in most FIA series, WEC, WTCR, IMSA etc.

No I didn't? Custom races don't require me to code the AI. The AI is just bad, it rubber bands like crazy in custom races. I can't fix that.

It's like saying Subway sandwiches suck, because their ingredients suck, and I just shouldn't have gone to Subway.
The AI doesn't rubberband in custom races , it just slows down on the last 10% of endurance races .
The AI in the world circuit events is not GR3/4 spec although they do use the car's so they are faster, and the GR 3/4 chilli peper events run higher tire compunds than they do in arcade and have sport mode BOP enabled, BOP in custom race is not the same as sport mode BOP, you can litteraly go into the settings and drop your power by 100 hp , and the AI will adjust to your custom BOP.

The fact i'm having great races while you can't manage to make one just shows you haven't been able to make competative race.

Look at a Cars PP , your opponents should all have higher PP than you by at least 25 up to 100 .
Then look to horsepower, your opponents should all have 10-50 more hp.
Give all of them racing hard compounds + racing brakes , the AI always has assist turned on, ironiclay they have less grip with Racing hard but the naturaly highet grip of racing hard's triggers the assist less so they push harder . The brakes also allow them to brake later .

A bad suggestion people have been making is to line the grid up by fastes to slowest, this maked the fast AI get stuck behind the slow AI on some tracks while on others they are incredibly agressive and do get past them but cause pile ups.

1-9 being fastest slowest, organize them like this in a grid start. (you are P)

P

You will always have #3 on your ass for the race , 4 will climb up with you through the pack of 9-6 , once you pass 9-4 , 3 will probably still be on your ass, while 5 has fallen to third and 1-2 have a sizable but not unbeatable lead , on most tracks, this will all happen between 3-5 laps . There should be a 8-11 second spread between 1'st and last . The first 4 car's should all be within 3 seconds of the leader , then a 2-3 second gap between them and the rest. The mid pack gap is pre programed, no way around it , but if you can fidn a way to make it small, you get really good races .

YOU should be running up to sports medium/ soft, and up to sports brakes on old car's and stock compounds, no brake upgrades on modern cars .

You have to let it run to the end then it won’t play again.
For me, it currently doesn't load up at all, just the buffering screen. Is this a known error or possibly just me? Because I can get any other video to load up fine, tested it on the Brand Central channels.

The fact i'm having great races while you can't manage to make one just shows you haven't been able to make competative race.
Huh??
My experience was that the lead AI was far ahead, then slowed down significantly and suddenly, then stayed behind pretty consistently too. Then at the end of the race it started setting new fastest laps in an attempt to catch up to me. It was gaining 5-10 seconds per lap at the very end and I didn't win by much. My lap times did not change outside of the usual range.

There is no way I can make a decent race out of this AI.

The rest of your post is far too specific on how you believe a race needs to be set up to make a good race. It should not need to be that specific.

Last edited:
The AI doesn't rubberband in custom races , it just slows down on the last 10% of endurance races .
The AI in the world circuit events is not GR3/4 spec although they do use the car's so they are faster, and the GR 3/4 chilli peper events run higher tire compunds than they do in arcade and have sport mode BOP enabled, BOP in custom race is not the same as sport mode BOP, you can litteraly go into the settings and drop your power by 100 hp , and the AI will adjust to your custom BOP.

Look at a Cars PP , your opponents should all have higher PP than you by at least 25 up to 100 .
Then look to horsepower, your opponents should all have 10-50 more hp.
Give all of them racing hard compounds + racing brakes , the AI always has assist turned on, ironiclay they have less grip with Racing hard but the naturaly highet grip of racing hard's triggers the assist less so they push harder . The brakes also allow them to brake later .

A bad suggestion people have been making is to line the grid up by fastes to slowest, this maked the fast AI get stuck behind the slow AI on some tracks while on others they are incredibly agressive and do get past them but cause pile ups.

1-9 being fastest slowest, organize them like this in a grid start. (you are P)

P

You will always have #3 on your ass for the race , 4 will climb up with you through the pack of 9-6 , once you pass 9-4 , 3 will probably still be on your ass, while 5 has fallen to third and 1-2 have a sizable but not unbeatable lead , on most tracks, this will all happen between 3-5 laps . There should be a 8-11 second spread between 1'st and last . The first 4 car's should all be within 3 seconds of the leader , then a 2-3 second gap between them and the rest. The mid pack gap is pre programed, no way around it , but if you can fidn a way to make it small, you get really good races .

YOU should be running up to sports medium/ soft, and up to sports brakes on old car's and stock compounds, no brake upgrades on modern cars .
What a super convoluted way to make an average game playable, lol

It should be simple....
Ai cars: Same as players
Start type: Grid
Difficulty: Easy / medium / hard / pro

And a fair race should happen from there

As per my comments about releasing Sophy already - I would expect that they would have difficulty options with this AI technology that could scale the AI's ability.. They don't all have to have the ability to run at maximum pace in every race, that would only be fun for the minority of players.

I would expect that sophy would remove the need for the "catch up" or "rubber banding" that the AI currently do and would make them more aware of the player - as shown in the footage.

Personally I would love to see the option of adding either split screen or online co-op race championship options within the single player campaign. That was loads of fun in F1 and this feature would really shine in any Racing sim

Last edited:
There have only been a handful of people said anything positive about the cappuccino
What cars would that exactly be?

TL;DR: Tell my you have no idea of Gran Turismo without telling me you have no idea of Gran Turismo :dunce:
Tell me you cant communicate without memes without communicating with a meme

Last edited:
I don't understand all this complaining about "not enough races". You can create custom races (with lots of options) on every track layout, for any car you own, so what is the problem?
It cost me 80K to do a 12H endurance race :lol: 48K payout, 130,400 in maintenance.

Plus custom races feel like someone just slapped some things together without ever play testing how people would use them.

Let me save custom race settings.
Don't reset all the custom race settings when I notice I missed something and have to go back to fix it.
Remember my sorting option when selecting garage cars, you have to reset the sort for every car when creating a grid.
Let me save the grid I created to use another time.
Let me check and change the car settings when setting up a grid, I don't know which ones were gimped to use in tournaments. (Does the AI use BoP like you're forced to use, or do they use the current car settings?)
Let me save a custom race to continue later.
Let me pause in the pit, you can pause mid race, but not while pitting?
Let me change the sound settings while racing. <-- This has been fixed!!!
Let me change the music selection while racing (honestly are there only 5 tracks playing while racing? I keep hearing the same songs)
Let me see what time it is in game during the race, why no clock? How long untill sunrise etc.
Let me see a weather report before the race starts, custom weather is still very random. Anything but R07 and R08 have a chance of no rain at all, very little or a lot. Even the torrential downpour settings can just have a sliver of dark blue.
Let me zoom out the weather radar further or don't accelerate the clouds based on race length. In a 3H race the clouds move at about 900 kph (560 mph), in a 2H race they move at over 1,300 kph! (over 800 mph)
Or give me more than 9 options for weather on longer races and mark it with times. When is sunrise and sunset?
Let me change oil in the pit, oil doesn't last for an 8H race. For $400 dollars it should at least last a day lol.

And of course you're still playing with stupid AI. It's not a custom race, it's driving your car against the track and elements with moving pylons added to avoid. In that 12H race with pro AI, the TS050 was 5 laps behind my Sauber C9 at the end. (And he still managed to ram me while he was already several laps down, damaging my engine and rear wheels/aero, had to limp back to the pits lol)

@MonoTonouS I've done multiple 2H, 3H, 4H, an 8H and a 12H endurance race on N24. All had ridiculous rubber banding, and also the AI driving by different physics in the rain, didn't matter whether I had the opponents set to random, or use a classic older car against GR.4, or create my own grid. (Always on pro AI).

The most blatant rubber banding happens on their out laps, hence you don't usually see it reflected in the fastest lap. One race I overtook the lead car on the straight on N24, the AI stayed on my tail then dove into the pits with only 2 laps to go. He falls 40 sec behind, and was behind me again before the end of the lap...

Another race I overtook the lead car while he was in the pit. That one made up a 26 sec deficit and pit manoevered me at the end of the middle straight. The track was still drying, I stayed on the dry line, the AI went half off the track on the outside in the wet grass and over the wet kerbs, then took the corner normally, braking as if he was full on a dry track. Basically dive bombed on my outside, steered in for the corner ignoring my car, pushing my rear so I was directed into the outside wall. The AI didn't even seem to feel my car, simply drove like there was nothing there, oblivious to the wet parts (he changed to RS tires in the pit)

Lapped cars never leave any room and often start speeding up when you pass them. One race I was the only car doing the final lap (time was just about to run out, car chasing me decided to pit lol) yet still got passed by back markers that suddenly went super fast and set impossible lap times at the end :lol:

Anyway if PD had taken notes from DriveClub, we would indeed easily have infinite content. Since you claim to have cracked the code to get the AI to actually race, it would be great to have a user made challenge mode like DriveClub had. Upload your race settings, add it to a user challenges tab in the world map and let people rate and/or send challenges on to friends. But you can't even save the settings. Got to take a bunch of screenshots before starting if you ever want to do that race again. (Which will be different anyway since the weather is still very random)

Last edited:
Not to mention that in custom races, if you choose the legendary Porsche speedster, it puts you up against PORSCHE LIVING LEGEND and Alpine 220s.. what?

You do realise they've spent most of the time since release bug fixing for issues not found during development.

Some additional content has no doubt been left back for specific things going forward but still.. were barely a couple of months in.

And regrading bunching up the rolling starts.. fair enough for higher tiered lobbies (even then it'll still be messy for most) but I couldn't imagine how bad that would be for the poor lot in the lobbies lower down. Absolute carnage.
Again, PD are not 6 people. Some people can fix bugs, some can work on new content. Clearly they can, they added three races, they could have added 50 races. They're choosing not to, not because all 200 employees are busy bug fixing.

As for rolling starts I don't see how it would be worse than any other game. It's silly for PD to reduce racing excitement on purpose because they think it might reduce accidents.

If I'm starting P2 in a race I should be alongside P1, not 1.5 seconds behind giving them an easy run into T1.

Back