Patch 1.13 rant thread

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 168 comments
I expected so little and I'm still disappointed. I figured they would've at least delivered on the "new layouts" promise, but even that turned out to be a lie. It's one "layout", except it's actually the same layout as normal. Why bother?

I expected 2 cars just to meet the plural on the "cars" and well, I was right. Because one of the 3 is a duplicate of what we already had, but with a different logo on it.

There's still multiple events that were finished before release that we don't have yet, and the most they could manage since release is giving us 6 races. What a joke. They have more races ready. They can give them to us at any time. But they want to keep the drip feed this slow? **** the "long term point of view" or whatever Kaz said. I didn't pay $90 just so I could have a finished game in 3 years, just so it could end up in a landfill some years later once the servers are offline and the entirety of the game (**** Music Rally) is inaccessible.

And we're not even supposed to make our own races. The tools are there, but PD don't actually want you to use them. Otherwise they'd make them pay more than an absolutely insulting amount.

But that's all that can be expected. This whole game is insulting.

Its just baffling to me that Spa now has like 6-7 races in world circuits, meanwhile thers tracks like Kyoto that have multiple layouts (normal AND reverse) that have only 1.... Sure its nice to have new races, but come on actually utilize the content u have in ur game please PD.....
I suspect they're already planned to be used on all the Gr.2 and Gr.1 races which they could have given us already. The drip feeding of content needs to ramp up and soon. I've got dozens of cars I can't race anywhere and I'm rapidly losing interest - we need a proper career mode with more classes and higher tiers to reach - not doing a Gr.4 race at Le Mans 30 times to raise cash for yet more pointless Legends.

Is it good? We didn't get too much, not even the promised "new course layouts." Just Spa 24h, swapping the pitlane, which isn't exactly a new course layout. Then yet another BRZ and a racing version, but the one completely new car being the Cappuccino.

Then, we get a couple new races, including a Spa endurance which pays out 1,000,000 (+ clean race bonus, so 1,5 mil)

But then the rest is just game fixes, better than nothing, but still. If they wish to be honest about the layouts, they only have a bit longer until April is done :lol: and since we already got a an update coupled with a maintenance downtime, it won't happen and PD flatout lied.

I feel like boycotting. The hype was way bigger compared to what we got.
The Cappuccino was actually from Gran Turismo 6 and wasn't in Gran Turismo Sport, The other two are new to the series (The BRZ S is the sister car to the GR 86 that is already in the game but it's racing version isn't in the game). I think that Toyota GR010 will be in an update in May I think.

Watch them drip feed all the "premium" cars from gt6 and the missing cars from gts while calling that new content. I do think they should be added, just all at once and now.
Basically like the Nissan Skyline GT-R Touring Cars (R32, R33, & R34) from Gran Turismo 6, Nissan GT-R R35 Touring Car (Also a Gran Turismo 6 Premium car), Honda CR-Z α '10 (and it's touring car counterpart), Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95, Lexus LFA '10, Nissan XANAVI NISMO Z '06, & the Toyota PRIUS Touring Car.

Last edited:
Aside from that a grand total of six new cookie cutter events for this month is insulting, my main gripe is with the blatant lie of "new layouts". It's one new layout. And there was absolutely no need to announce it. If it showed up unannounced, or together with a proper new layout, no one would've cared about it. They deliberately chose to announce Spa with a different pitlane as "new layouts". Bruh.

Why do people say "I am OK with no new content if they fix the economy/physics/whatever else unrelated issue with game"?

Like there is the dude modelling the Toyota GT-One or Porsche 918 Spyder next to the guy texturing Silverstone and then Kaz walks in and says "Guys, stop what you are doing, you need to help us fix the physics now"

The physics guys do the physics and the car/track model guys do that. There might be slight overlaps, but they largely don't have much to do with each other.

Add to that that they are literally just holding content back on purpose, they have shown much more events in preview versions for example the one Jimmy Fallon played in that video.

Last edited:
My opinion:

Subaru BRZ GT300: Nice car, I saw it's the class champion of Super GT.
Suzuki Cappuccino: A fan favorite. Not my cup of coffee, but I'll see what I can do with it.
Subaru BRZ S: Not a Chinese minivan at least.
Spa 1h: Excellent, Spa needed this badly.
Spa 24h layout: Technically a layout, but ultimately meaningless. Only good if you obsess over authentic races.

IMO a 7/10. Not terrible like people say. It's average. Haven't seen anything teased hard, so I wasn't expecting much.

I don’t really get the content complaints but If this is like the only thing you play day in and day out I get it. I’m not even close to being done with the game between menus, missions, circuit experiences etc and I’ve played at least 60+ hours since launch. Game has been out for 8 weeks. I don’t think some will ever be happy when it comes to content. Just always will be the case. Vast majority aren’t on here and aren’t as hardcore as some here so I guess rant on? But same time it’s just not realistic for anyone that remotely doesn’t have as much time on their hands to even exhaust the initial content in the game.

It's one of the things I'll never understand with GT, but have learned to accept.

The Suzuki Cappuccino... I couldn't give two ****s about that stupid little car. Why are they giving us this and not the Ferrari 488, Vette C8, 2020 Countach, or a number of other way cooler machines? Dumb.

Aside from that a grand total of six new cookie cutter events for this month is insulting, my main gripe is with the blatant lie of "new layouts". It's one new layout. And there was absolutely no need to announce it. If it showed up unannounced, or together with a proper new layout, no one would've cared about it. They deliberately chose to announce Spa with a different pitlane as "new layouts". Bruh.
It's specifically the pre-2022 track too as the layout has now changed at Noname/Speakers corner

I'm a little frustrated. Although I had a suspicion that the content update would be timid. It would have been really cool to bring the BRZ GT300 along with its Toyota Prius GT300, Lotus Evora GT300 and Toyota 86 GT300 counterparts.

Since PD announced that new "layouts" would be added, using the word in the plural, like other forum colleagues, I thought West Suzuka, Catalunya original course (today, Motorcycle layout), Nurburgring GP No-Arena (original course), as well as the junction of Seaside and Gardens, or Bugatti circuit would be added.

Sometimes I am curious to know about the difficulty that exists at PD to bring the Japanese circuits that are there, behind your backyard, such as Sugo, Motegi and Okayama, even the concept of Magarigawa (under construction).

Last edited:
I didn't realize there was any incoming "hype" for this update.

Have they fixed the online lobby glitch? Can we now change lobby settings? Because IMO this is the biggest issue right now. (well maybe #2 over the physics that they supposedly just fixed).

Sometimes I am curious to know about the difficulty that exists at PD to bring the Japanese circuits that are there, behind your backyard, such as Sugo, Motegi and Okayama, even the concept of Magarigawa (under construction).
And considering we had Motegi in the series before, I wonder if just the license expired or if there's another reason behind it's omission.

The pro's:

They have improved the physics (I assume based on feedback, not actually tried this yet)
More cars
More events
More track layouts

The cons:
Only 3 new cars
Only 3 new events
Only 1 new layout which juts moves the start/finish line and changes the pit lane

I'm hoping that another content update comes shortly. The lack of new cars and circuit layouts could have easilly been mitigated by adding a dozen or more new events into world circuits with various different restrictions. Instead we get only 3 new races and they are the bog standard 600, 700 and 800pp events. Where's the 4wd, FF, MR races? Where's the Nissan GT-R races? Where are the Super Car races, Kei car races (which would have been apt given the introduction of the Cappuccino).

Just ask yourself how long it takes to set up a decent custom race, then think, the only other thing missing to add a new World Circuit Race would be unique Cr rewards and a graphic for the race logo.

Last edited:
Those BRZs made me really happy, BUT, the Cappuccino ?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ummm......only one of the greatest pint sized drift cars to grace a GT game. You can corner that little thing with the nose pointed firmly at right angles to the curbing and snap back out of it. I was sincerely almost afraid that we'd never see it. It's a joy to throw around. You just have to work a drift tune into it and go nuts. Tsukuba here we come.

GT7 doesn't hold a candle to GT5. Why are we going backwards? We had over 1000 cars, yes I know a lot of those were standards without interiors but still. So many more tracks including cities like Madrid, Rome, R246 and London.

We had cool special events like the Vettel challenge, Loeb rally and even Jeff Gordon NASCAR. There was a much longer campaign with endurance races including shorter 4 hours to full 24 hours.

It just feels like PD is drip feeding content they are sitting on, to pass it off as 'free DLC' and add longevity that way. Shameful.

Back