Patch 1.13 rant thread

• Thread starter TumeK5
  • 168 comments
Nah, I've seen a few folks saying "1.5 new cars" and throwing the GT300 variant in with the GR/BRZ twins. Like it's a WILDLY different car.
This went to the point that, in GT Sport days, someone had the balls to call the regular S2000 as a duplicate to the wildly different beast that was the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.

---

Also remember that GT Sport's first update was only three cars - they'll probably get more cars next update.

I'm glad it's not Gr1 or 2.

Why are you glad about them not being Gr.1 or Gr.2 races?

Do you have like a specific and actual logical reason for why you are glad about that other than probably not liking the cars from that group, which seems to be the only reason (not quite, which I will explain below) I can think of for you to be "glad" such events are not in the game yet.

Well listen here you self-entitled... ... This isn't about you. This is about everyone. This game has cars of almost every type.
Historic classics, sports cars, electric cars, supercars, hypercars, cars from lots of countries, cars with lots of engine and drive configurations and of course race cars from various categories.
It's only right that each of these cars (categories) has a role to play in this game, otherwise, why bother to add them when you can't even be arsed to give them races to participate in?
As I said, this isn't about you, or me. Even the car categories I dislike (which only happens to be VGTs) should have their own events in the game. The cars are in the game, so PD has to give us content to play them, and then we as players would choose our favourites from each category to play said event.

With the only specific cars not "needing" an event being the obvious Tomahawk X or the Red Bull Fan Cars which are cars on their own unique category. Heck, but even they can have their own specific event in the form of challenges/time trials (GT5/GT6 Red Bull challenges or the Tomahawk X Seasonal event in GT6).

This game has a lot more to offer than just GR.3 and GR.4, which at this point is already oversaturated with events, you have like 20 races of these cars compared to 1 or 2 from the other categories. This just isn't right.

Detune your car. Try a different car. You'll also get different weather.

But sure, just do it once even though its a repeatable prize for a varied race. Its not like you were complaining you could only do the endurance missions once...

Oh... Sure... Let's just forget about the fact that we have a way to make credits with the Tomahawk Exploit that gives you over 2x the amount of credits than any other race in the game?
So why should I bother repeat a race I already beat on the first time with a non-overpowered car (I used the new BRZ GT300), for 1 hour, when I can just get a lot more credits and in a much shorter race?
Plus, with that exploit (and one other) I have 90 million ready to spend on the 4 LCD cars that will appear today and still have enough to spare for the next LCD batch. So... Again, not much reason for me to repeat a race I already beat, and easily at that by lapping the lead Viper on the hard setting.

The time I complained about them not being repeatable was when we didn't know about this exploit and when we didn't have races that gave a "good amount" of credits.

In fact, I actually posted on the main thread about the latest update, that 1.5 million per hour for a Gr.3 race is actually decent (relative to what you will potentially get with Gr.1 races which are higher competitive races that can have much better payouts). So, if the Tomahawk exploit does get patched, and I am in the need of money, I might actually replay this race one or two more times. But if the Tomahawk exploit isn't fixed? You can be sure that I will exploit it to the max, in the same way PD tried to exploit it's customers money with their horrific MTXs.

I mean, what are you trying to argue with me here? Are you defending PD's disappointing lack of added content after 2 months?
Or are you just replying because you, like some others, don't like to read my complaints? Because that "I am glad it's not Gr.1 and Gr.2" statement sure made it sound that way, because I literally have not seen anyone else here "be glad" that Gr.2 and Gr.1 races are not in the game.

You don't like my complaints? Dude... that's fine, ignore me mate. I've come to adore this function of the forum.
Oh... You're a mod, so you really can't quite do this because otherwise you can't really "mod" my posts. Tough luck there mate.

Moving on.

Rental cars....Do they even employ a game designer at PD?

So, basically, I no longer need to own a car, because Sport Mode will give me whatever car I need. Adding SP events? Fine, it's nice to have some different places to make money, but has ANYONE in the last decade said that they LOVE to race the AI in GT? All I have read is how crap the AI is and how terrible the race set ups are compared to pretty much every other game.

Lobbies are a wasteland...I believe I see tumble weeds. And this is what happens when you rely on the same approach from 2008.

So, Sport Mode is the long tail of the game, like GTS, and I never have to worry about owning a car because my choice is provided for me. Who thought this was a good idea?

Explain to me what the point of grinding for money is now? Or ownership?

I guess I should be happy that they added an hour long event for 1mil credits? Let's face it, no one is playing that for fun, they are playing for credits. Dial the difficulty down and do an track day for an hour, I guess, to get credits...I suppose...although, like I said, I don't need to because I can just fire up the game and play Sport Mode and be given any car I want....no worries about anything.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of wasting their time making the game work on an 8K TV, they could have ..I don't know...1 game design meeting. Or maybe hire a game designer...with experience in making a game.

There is no love in the making of this game.

The Rally Point to Point stages like we had in GT5 Challenges would've been a nice set of events... But we definitely need more Rally cars... Oh, I mean, real Rally cars like the Delta S4, Delta Integrale, Toyota Celica, Lancia Stratos, Citroen C4 WRC, Volkswagen Polo WRC, Audi Quattro (the Rally, not the Pikes Peak version which is the one we have in the game) Subaru Impreza, just to point out the more iconic cars of course. But I can probably rest assured some of these will join the game later on, the event itself however...

And Rally, and the physics in general have received a noticeable improvement. Felt a whole lot better driving the Carrera GT, and did a couple of Rally races just to see if the physics applied and every jump I did when I was in the right angle into them, always got it right and the car didn't bump like some rubber ball on a hard surface.

So this update wasn't bad. Or rather, it couldn't be bad, it only had improvements across the board, just like last update unlike the first few ones which butchered some dirt rally licenses and circuit experiences with the tyres.

But I can understand the disappointment on the overall content added... 3 races, of which 2 of them you can finish in about 15 minutes with "propper" cars or under 10 with the best car possible since there's no PP limit.
Only 1 hour race that isn't even Gr.2 or Gr.1, or was it even hard to beat.

Content for less than 2 hours. Now, we take ourselves a nice break for another month. :)
If you want real rally cars, get yourself good old Dirt Rally 2.0 ... the cars and environments look fantastic, and the rally driving physics are way better than in any GranTurismo game.

Rental cars....Do they even employ a game designer at PD?

So, basically, I no longer need to own a car, because Sport Mode will give me whatever car I need. Adding SP events? Fine, it's nice to have some different places to make money, but has ANYONE in the last decade said that they LOVE to race the AI in GT? All I have read is how crap the AI is and how terrible the race set ups are compared to pretty much every other game.

Lobbies are a wasteland...I believe I see tumble weeds. And this is what happens when you rely on the same approach from 2008.

So, Sport Mode is the long tail of the game, like GTS, and I never have to worry about owning a car because my choice is provided for me. Who thought this was a good idea?

Explain to me what the point of grinding for money is now? Or ownership?

I guess I should be happy that they added an hour long event for 1mil credits? Let's face it, no one is playing that for fun, they are playing for credits. Dial the difficulty down and do an track day for an hour, I guess, to get credits...I suppose...although, like I said, I don't need to because I can just fire up the game and play Sport Mode and be given any car I want....no worries about anything.

Maybe, just maybe, instead of wasting their time making the game work on an 8K TV, they could have ..I don't know...1 game design meeting. Or maybe hire a game designer...with experience in making a game.

There is no love in the making of this game.
I feel this was primarily meant for Daily Race A, because there were complaints of people not having the right car or already widebodied them when the GTO and the AE86 were featured.

I don't understand all this complaining about "not enough races". You can create custom races (with lots of options) on every track layout, for any car you own, so what is the problem?
Custom races don't pay much, plus there's the consensus on AI issues.

I can make a 700pp or thereabouts 1 hr Spa custom race it doesn't even come close to a 1mil payout plus CRB.

That's the problem.
It'd be around... 130k? I'm super tired so my math might be off. And I'm basing it on Norschleife payouts because I'm too lazy to check Spa's.

Point is, yeah, it's bad. Add on a really really bad AI (I swear custom races are the worst of all) and it's just not worth doing. The levels of absurdity in the rubber banding I have witnessed in custom races would make any developer weep.

It'd be around... 130k? I'm super tired so my math might be off. And I'm basing it on Norschleife payouts because I'm too lazy to check Spa's.

Point is, yeah, it's bad. Add on a really really bad AI (I swear custom races are the worst of all) and it's just not worth doing. The levels of absurdity in the rubber banding I have witnessed in custom races would make any developer weep.
About the AI, I’m sure it’s worse in custom races too.

I once did a race on Expressway in heavy rain, and I was able to beat a GR Yaris with a stock Stratos. On professional difficulty, with a rolling start.

I know the Stratos isn’t exactly slow but… I’m not sure how it would be able to beat the much more modern AWD hot hatch in the wet (which isn’t too heavy itself, either!)

About the AI, I’m sure it’s worse in custom races too.

I once did a race on Expressway in heavy rain, and I was able to beat a GR Yaris with a stock Stratos. On professional difficulty, with a rolling start.

I know the Stratos isn’t exactly slow but… I’m not sure how it would be able to beat the much more modern AWD hot hatch in the wet (which isn’t too heavy itself, either!)
I had a Mazda Roadster 30 seconds ahead, stayed there a while, fell back suddenly and I passed quickly on the straight, 30 seconds behind in 2nd, stayed there, got its speed back at the end of the race just enough to have a chance to catch me if I made any mistakes. I don't remember the track, but I don't think it's very relevant. It's quite obviously unrealistic wherever it was. It's not like the AI made a mistake, it just slowed down. Wasn't for fuel or anything either. And then it started setting new fastest laps to catch me at the end. Absurd.

People are saying things only people who have never played the game would say.
" A one hour track day "
The Endurace races are HARD in this game , they are propper racing .
The AI is bad on Custom race ?
That's like saying subway sandwitches suck, you made the damn thing .
Custom Race BOP is not Polyphonys BOP used in spprt mode. You can actualy adjust your power and the bop adjust it evenly across the grid.
The 700 pp and 800 pp races are not proper gr4 or 3 races , they run softer compounds and are tuned .
The few GR3 / 4 chili races have Sport BOP enabled .

The onky bad thing custom race AI does is let off the last 5% of the race in endurance races.

I have made some incredibly competative Custom races and the AI exibit much better charachtaristics than in any menu book race .

You just blow at making custom / dont underatand the AI has ALL the Assist on and can't corner as fast as you with equivalent tires.

I'm starting to lose hope that PD is going to give us true 24hr enduros :(
I know I can build them myself but it's not as much fun and the payout is drastically lower than what it should be

I'm not here to do exploits. Drove the Tomahawk once at Tokyo. Hated it.

I love the idea of this race. Gr3, changeable weather, 1 hour race, decent reward.

I'm glad this particular race is Gr3 because I can see me doing it a lot due to the reasons I've mentioned. I'm not that keen on single seaters, Gr1 and Gr2 cars. You seem to have conflated that to "I don't want Gr1 and Gr2 cars in the game" for some obscure and unfathomable reason.

At no point was I a mod in that post. At not point were you modded for that post. Mods are users too.

I think you misunderstood mate.
Yeah, it seems there's a lot of that around. Tone it down a bit. < That was a mod bit. 💡

Last edited:
This went to the point that, in GT Sport days, someone had the balls to call the regular S2000 as a duplicate to the wildly different beast that was the Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo.
There's people here that complained about the Gr.N, Gr.3, Gr.4 and Gr.B car are all the same car that just blow up the car count :lol:

My 2 cents.

Things that should have been focused on in this update:

1. Completing the game in terms of single player content
2. Fixing online lobbies and implementing at least GTS features
3. Physics updates
4. Making it so you can enter BoP sport mode events with cars that you have upgraded
5. Work on the penalty system, its been a joke since GTS and it still is.
6. Releasing all completed cars / tracks that are meant for slow burn future updates to make up for the incomplete and lackluster launch content
7. Improve your AI - implement Sophy already
8. Make cars sellable
9. Balance out the ingame economy with custom races, sport mode and online lobbies along with the general single player content.
10. Rework or remove roulette wheel. (Have higher odds to win better prizes, give out more tickets)

They ticked a couple boxes with the RWD vehicles and making Sport mode slightly more accessible with Car rentals... even though that doesnt 100% fix the issue. They need to make it so owning the car is a requirement and then have it so the car is detuned to the specs required for the duration of the event. They released 3 cars new to GT7, while not the best new lineup of cars i've ever seen, happy for them to be in the game. PD will never be able to satisfy everyone with car releases but new, free content is always welcome.

But:
  • Still missing about 100 hours worth of content in terms of championships etc
  • They completely missed the mark when it came to the ingame economy and adding the ability to sell cars.
  • Online lobbies are still broken and missing loads of options
  • Cars still cannot be sold
  • Not enough new content in terms of cars (compared to GTS)
  • Not enough new content in terms of tracks (compared to GTS)
  • The roulette wheel is still a complete joke ( I've managed to "win" x2 invitations after we were all given them all anyway- PD just straight trolling me at this point)
  • The single player races are still against rubbish AI that you start 40 seconds behind on.
-The promised new layout"(s) was a complete waste of time and should not have been announced as it was, it could have snuck in quietly in an update.

People sticking up for PD stating that the game hasn't been out for long, you can't blame them for not releasing too much content are just straight up delusional. I would agree with that statement if the game was released complete and if we didn't see that there is already more content from the pre-release versions of the game.
It's clear the PD have a bunch of content up their sleeves but are choosing to slow release it to increase the longevity of this game, this along with the clear design decisions that have implemented to push loyal customers to MTX makes this game a complete disgrace.

I am currently only turning on GT7 to run some AFK money farming occasionally so I can pick up all the LTM cars from the UDC/LDC but not playing the game at all. Its frustrating and boring. It could be the best GT game ever but PD just don't seem to want to make that happen until 2-3 years from now.

I want to play this full priced game now and I want to enjoy it but its near impossible to enjoy it in its current state. But I have completed all of the single player content in less than a week and the only thing that it has left to offer is to grind for cars. I would be ok with this if I could enjoy some custom races online with mates, or if sport mode was decent... but Its all a broken mess that has only gone backwards since GTS... Which makes absolutely no sense as its its 100% clear the GT7 is built from GTS as base and should at bare minimum be the same quality.

Please PD - sort your priorities out and release a decent amount of single player content, fix online and fix the economy, release all completed new tracks and track layouts...
You should only be drip feeding content once the game is complete, which is still a long way off.

Last edited:
My 2 cents.

Things that should have been focused on in this update:

1. Completing the game in terms of single player content
2. Fixing online lobbies and implementing at least GTS features
3. Physics updates
4. Making it so you can enter BoP sport mode events with cars that you have upgraded
5. Work on the penalty system, its been a joke since GTS and it still is.
6. Releasing all completed cars / tracks that are meant for slow burn future updates to make up for the incomplete and lackluster launch content
7. Improve your AI - implement Sophy already
8. Make cars sellable
9. Balance out the ingame economy with custom races, sport mode and online lobbies along with the general single player content.
10. Rework or remove roulette wheel. (Have higher odds to win better prizes, give out more tickets)

They ticked a couple boxes with the RWD vehicles and making Sport mode slightly more accessible with Car rentals... even though that doesnt 100% fix the issue. They need to make it so owning the car is a requirement and then have it so the car is detuned to the specs required for the duration of the event. They released 3 cars new to GT7, while not the best new lineup of cars i've ever seen, happy for them to be in the game. PD will never be able to satisfy everyone with car releases but new, free content is always welcome.

But:
  • Still missing about 100 hours worth of content in terms of championships etc
  • They completely missed the mark when it came to the ingame economy and adding the ability to sell cars.
  • Online lobbies are still broken and missing loads of options
  • Cars still cannot be sold
  • Not enough new content in terms of cars (compared to GTS)
  • Not enough new content in terms of tracks (compared to GTS)
  • The roulette wheel is still a complete joke ( I've managed to "win" x2 invitations after we were all given them all anyway- PD just straight trolling me at this point)
  • The single player races are still against rubbish AI that you start 40 seconds behind on.
-The promised new layout"(s) was a complete waste of time and should not have been announced as it was, it could have snuck in quietly in an update.

People sticking up for PD stating that the game hasn't been out for long, you can't blame them for not releasing too much content are just straight up delusional. I would agree with that statement if the game was released complete and if we didn't see that there is already more content from the pre-release versions of the game.
It's clear the PD have a bunch of content up their sleeves but are choosing to slow release it to increase the longevity of this game, this along with the clear design decisions that have implemented to push loyal customers to MTX makes this game a complete disgrace.

I am currently only turning on GT7 to run some AFK money farming occasionally so I can pick up all the LTM cars from the UDC/LDC but not playing the game at all. Its frustrating and boring. It could be the best GT game ever but PD just don't seem to want to make that happen until 2-3 years from now.

I want to play this full priced game now and I want to enjoy it but in its current state. But I have completed all of the single player content in less than a week and the only thing that it has left to offer is to grind for cars. I would be ok with this if I could enjoy some custom races online with mates, or if sport mode was decent... but Its all a broken mess that has only gone backwards since GTS... Which makes absolutely no sense as its its 100% clear the GT7 is built from GTS as base and should at bare minimum be the same quality.

Please PD - sort your priorities out and release a decent amount of single player content, fix online and fix the economy, release all completed new tracks and track layouts...
You should only be drip feeding content once the game is complete, which is still a long way off.
I agree with almost all of this,the only bit im not sure about is adding the sophy bit.Im not a brilliant driver,i do a lot,not all,of the races on easy,CE i can manage bronze.lol. If they implement the sophy ai maybe have an option to race against it or the standard iffy ai,that way the better drivers get the competitive race thay really want whereas the`old dodderers`like me and a lot of others still get to have fun.😃
I still love the game and am looking forward to more menu books,when they add them,and more content maybe this will be well on its way to be`the best GT to date`and deserving of the 25th anniversary title.

I agree with almost all of this,the only bit im not sure about is adding the sophy bit.Im not a brilliant driver,i do a lot,not all,of the races on easy,CE i can manage bronze.lol. If they implement the sophy ai maybe have an option to race against it or the standard iffy ai,that way the better drivers get the competitive race thay really want whereas the`old dodderers`like me and a lot of others still get to have fun.😃
I still love the game and am looking forward to more menu books,when they add them,and more content maybe this will be well on its way to be`the best GT to date`and deserving of the 25th anniversary title.
This is exaclty why I suspect we'll only see Sophy in a few specific challenges in the lifespan of this game. I think that making AI fast and making AI fun are two tasks that are not unrelated but one is much easier than the other. Because in machine learning you have goals or results and faster lap times are perfect evidence of good or bad performance.

I feel this was primarily meant for Daily Race A, because there were complaints of people not having the right car or already widebodied them when the GTO and the AE86 were featured.
Oh, I know where the concept came from, but it's still a terrible idea. The correct answer would be to let the widebody cars compete rather than negating them, and for those without a car, provide a spec car.

In Race B and C, there should be 1 spec car, not the entire complement of cars in a class. If I have access to every Gr 1, 2, 3, and 4 cars at my disposal for daily races, then why would 90% of people buy one? I saw that the GR4 race this week was dominated by the Subaru, so I rented it. I could buy it, but why?
I don't understand all this complaining about "not enough races". You can create custom races (with lots of options) on every track layout, for any car you own, so what is the problem?
Single player is (for the vast majority of people) a very limited experience. Both in terms of experience, and novelty. There simply isn't much about single player that carries the same open ended outcome as multiplayer. With a custom race, that issue still exists, except now you have to spend time to create your own limited single player experience where you simply chase down the leader from the back of the grid.

The dailies are popular because 1 - You know when the race starts, what car you need, and what tune you will have relative to the others, which is FAR more convenient that the lobbies. 2 - It's open ended. It's people and things happen when people interact.

I have been saying for YEARS now that the game needs more of this. The game NEEDS multiplayer versions of the SP events. The game NEEEEEDS dozens of choices for the player, not just three.

What kills me is that they thought about it. The SP races have "bots" at the back of the grid (the cars with only the model name above) and then, at the front, the "players", comprised of AI with the names of the GT world champions. So, someone thought, "Oh ya, that would be cool", but instead of giving us a functional version, they (poorly) faked it with AI. Maybe, like the engine swaps, they will add it into the game 10 years from now.

@CamPatUK Hit the nail on the head. Making the AI learn and be fast is not the problem with the AI. The AI needs to be more human-like. You can turn up the difficulty of the AI right now, and it's still not fun. The AI is not Human and it doesn't make HUMAN-like mistakes. You have to make the AI worse to make it better. Even then, it's still AI. If it's slow enough that you can beat it, or if it makes mistakes, then it's considered crap AI for being too slow or stupid. If it's difficult to beat, then it's a cheating AI.

AI will never ever ever ever ever EVER be the answer to the game's issues, beyond being something that fills the space. If the Races were maybe 50% filled with people and 50% filled with Sophy, then I could see it work, because at least there would be an "us vs. them" mentality with the people.

Last edited:
I'm not here to do exploits. Drove the Tomahawk once at Tokyo. Hated it.

I love the idea of this race. Gr3, changeable weather, 1 hour race, decent reward.

I'm glad this particular race is Gr3 because I can see me doing it a lot due to the reasons I've mentioned. I'm not that keen on single seaters, Gr1 and Gr2 cars. You seem to have conflated that to "I don't want Gr1 and Gr2 cars in the game" for some obscure and unfathomable reason.

At no point was I a mod in that post. At not point were you modded for that post. Mods are users too.
I didn't suggest you to do exploits either, I just mentioned that the exploit exists and it's by far the best credit grind. I don't like it either, but if I need money, I will have it over doing an entire 1 hour race that I already beat.

And it's not about this race being bad. Aside from being so easy to beat the AI, the race itself is good and the payout is decent, but it's just yet another event from the Gr.3 category among the dozens that already exist in the game. Meanwhile the other categories aside from Gr.4, have barely to no events, and we have our cars collecting dust in the garage for lack of content to use them at their full potential.

I mentioned above, that it was either of two reasons mate. The first reason precisely saying what you said in this post. You not liking them cars.
And the reason I suggested the 2nd chance was purely because of the way you adressed me in the last sentence, I didn't misunderstood, I laid it down to two reasons and tried to respond to both with the 2nd being obviously more elaborate.
I know you are a human too, which was why I responded in the way I did... Just mentioned the last fact just because it's true. It's quite clear you don't like to see people (or me specifically) complain for some odd reason.

Regardless, all the people complaining about other people complaining here... Incredibly, but unsurprisingly, fail to write anything productive, some arguments on how this was a "great" update or how the game has a lot of content.
Just simple minded folk saying "I like and that's it" but at the same time, whining about the constructive complaints of others.

Which then come up with the condescending tone of telling others how to play the game. Seriously...

The Only Big Disappointing thing i found is that we did not get Dynamic Weather on 24H layout at Spa, PD Drop the ball here, I feel that Spa needs Dynamic Weather. let hope they add it soon

Back