Patch update, specific fixesF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter dan723
  • 18 comments
taken from official forum. (patch not available yet!)

 Game Improvements:
o A connectivity rating display has now been implemented for each player in an online session lobby. This appears as coloured bars (red, amber, green) to indicate the expected online performance of the player in the game session.
o More network bandwidth is now reserved for game-critical systems in online sessions. This may result in low-bandwidth users having their voice chat restricted to fewer players, but should result in a smoother online experience.

 Strategy & Setup:
o Fixed 11/11 car setup bug.
o Fixed issue where your race strategy uses the same tyre compound three times in a row & the final set are worn.
o Fixed issue where wear-based punctures would occur too often.
o Fixed various issues with the race engineer speech logic.

 AI:
o Fixed an issue where the AI run on Intermediates for too long.
o Fixed issue where AI cars would be too fast in the wet.
o Fixed an issue where AI vehicles pitted too often during dry, online races .
o The AI has been tuned on several circuits to provide smoother and faster driving.

 Co –op Championship:
o Fixed an issue with the save becoming corrupt / not able to invite the other player when playing long race weekends.
o Fixed an issue where AI difficulty was reset to “Amateur” level when resuming a Coop game.
o Fixed an issue with tyre wear in Practice/Qualifying not being carried over to Race.
o Fixed an issue with the penalties accrued in Practice/Qualifying not being applied to the Race.
o Fixed an issue with the Race Results where lapped AI are causing player to drop positions.

 Online:
o Vote to Skip in Qualifying now requires 100% vote.
o Various Penalty system improvements have been made.
o Quick Race countdown timer is now set to 60 Seconds and no longer resets when a player joins the session.

 Graphics & Performance:
o PS3 – Improved frame rate & performance.
o Xbox360 & PC - Numerous performance improvements have been made to increase frame rate and reduce stuttering.
o All Platforms – Numerous graphical improvements have been made.
o All Platforms – Fixed various issues to improve general game stability.

 PC-specific:
o Fixed several functionality issues experienced when using DX11 cards.
o Fixed issue where users could hack specific files to increase car grip.

 Other:
o Fixed a very infrequent issue where some sessions would be skipped over when progressing to the next session during a Long Race Weekend.
o Korea tyre compounds have been changed to those used in the 2011 race.
o Fixed an issue where in career where the "on the bounce" achievement was awarded after 11 race wins instead of 9.
o Fixed an issue where all users would be awarded the fastest lap XP and stat during some online races.
o Fixed an issue where driver's hands & head popped in a few frames late when switching cameras.

We have yet to verify several other fixes at the moment, and we are still working hard on fixing a few more issues before we move into Step 3 next week. We will keep you informed on the specifics over the course of the next week or so.

As a final note, we are also working with Sony and Microsoft to wipe the Time Trial leader boards to ensure that all future Time Trial data is correct and free from inaccuracies following the release of patch 2.

sounds promising, look forward to it :)

I got the game yesterday, and was surprised by the the state of the PS3 version. It is a bit shocking that Codemasters released it like that, it is like they did not even play the PS3 versions final code.

Frame rate improvements sound great as does general stability 👍. The game crashed on me after like 12 minutes into playing the game. Hope they fix all the bugs I experienced as well within the short time I've played this game.

No DRS patch for Korea and India tracks?
To be honest I wish they wait till the end of the month to get the updated tires and DRS detection and zones.

I hope they are right for improved frame rate on PS3. It better be very noticeable

Really never seemed to notice the fps issue. Only exiting the pits at times does it seem to jump.

I've. heard lots I mean LOTS of negative comments regarding fps, not only on this site, let's see if they finally solved with this patch.

What I'd really like to see: the AI _NOT_ getting fabulous times once you're using fast forward etc. during rainy qualifying sessins. Happened to me just yesterday in Suzuka.

Alonso was at around 1:38.5 on intermediate tyres. I went out and picked "flying lap"...yeah, big mistake and I knew it the very second the loading screen occured. BAM. He had a 1:33.1 on the clock when I spawned on the track.

Restart session..wait another 15 minutes...:grumpy:

What I'd really like to see: the AI _NOT_ getting fabulous times once you're using fast forward etc. during rainy qualifying sessins. Happened to me just yesterday in Suzuka.

Alonso was at around 1:38.5 on intermediate tyres. I went out and picked "flying lap"...yeah, big mistake and I knew it the very second the loading screen occured. BAM. He had a 1:33.1 on the clock when I spawned on the track.

Restart session..wait another 15 minutes...:grumpy:

This existed in F1 2010 before some updates. You'd be in 1st with 5 minutes to go, fast forward and BAM 8th. :(

The AI in Codemasters games is very suspicious in general.... The speed they are able to go at times (mostly on straights) seems impossible, yet they are painfully slow in other places like tight chicanes.

The pit road entry & release was another disturbing area they've improved (I think, havent played 11'?). You would go in there and pull 8 Gs through a tiny little corner on the entry, and again in and out of the stall. It shows there's no physics environment for the AI? Another thing was their lack of pit stops in some races (it was fixed) BUT>>> how is it possible to go the entire way on one set of tires in the first place.....unless your following no physics laws & can do anything....

In GT5 the car follows the rules of performance all the time apart from minor little areas, like the concrete brake markers & instant slow downs when you speed onto pit road. :sly:

Tweeted 15 mins ago that Xbox and PS patch have been submitted to both platforms.

They plan to update the release date as soon as they are made aware.

So basically the final patch is out of there hands now.
I really hope they've done a good job on it.
I really don't see another patch coming.

The PC patch was released later the first time around. Hope they get it right as well, even though I just started a new career. Really hoping they at least get the wet races sorted out before I get to one.

Back